HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-12-2012, 04:45 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

vCash: 500
I don't even know what Elite is. Season Pass gives you 4 future DLC.

Sucks for people who bought the collector's editions. They practically bought it for the nuketown zombie map alone. It's like a big "FU" just when the game is about to be released.

Last edited by McSkittlez: 11-12-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 04:54 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Want to buy it. Will probably get it next week or so. School is just too busy..

Old
11-12-2012, 04:56 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
I don't even know what Elite is. Season Pass gives you 4 future DLC.

Sucks for people who bought the collector's editions. They practically bought it for the nuketown zombie map alone. It's like a big "FU" just when the game is about to be released.
How so? They knew what they were buying.. Those stupid collector's editions just gives you some collectible items, really. They weren't forced to buy it.

11-12-2012, 04:57 PM
topshelfie

So if I don't get the hardened edition, how many zombie maps will I have?

Old
11-12-2012, 05:10 PM
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!

Probably one. I think that's all the last two games started with.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:25 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How so? They knew what they were buying.. Those stupid collector's editions just gives you some collectible items, really. They weren't forced to buy it.
Before today, the only way you could get the Nuketown zombie map was from buying the CE which is the major reason as to why people would buy the CE. I can tell you for a fact that most people only got the CE for the suppose to be exclusive map. Zombie mode was a huge hit when WAW came out that people desired for more of it. Plus having zombies in a popular map is a smart way to make more profit. Now that Treyarch just announced today that the Nuketown zombie map would be available for free with the season pass just before the midnight release is just ridiculous. You now have people who already bought CE who were also planning to get the season pass feel ripped off even though they were already ripped off. Basically paid $20 more just to play the Nuketown map one month earlier than everyone else.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

TmarTn and co. streaming for 24 hours straight here:

http://www.twitch.tv/therace

Old
11-12-2012, 05:29 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 823
Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
Before today, the only way you could get the Nuketown zombie map was from buying the CE which is the major reason as to why people would buy the CE. I can tell you for a fact that most people only got the CE for the suppose to be exclusive map. Zombie mode was a huge hit when WAW came out that people desired for more of it. Plus having zombies in a popular map is a smart way to make more profit. Now that Treyarch just announced today that the Nuketown zombie map would be available for free with the season pass just before the midnight release is just ridiculous. You now have people who already bought CE who were also planning to get the season pass feel ripped off even though they were already ripped off. Basically paid $20 more just to play the Nuketown map one month earlier than everyone else.
Every single year there is an "exclusive map" that always gets released to everyone else later on. Unless this is the first COD game (or any game for that matter), this shouldn't be a surprise.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

You get Nuketown 2025 if you pre-order the game. Whether it's the care package, hardened, or just the game, you get it.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:54 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Want to buy it. Will probably get it next week or so. School is just too busy..
Yeah I wish I had that kind of restraint.

Old
11-12-2012, 05:55 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Every single year there is an "exclusive map" that always gets released to everyone else later on. Unless this is the first COD game (or any game for that matter), this shouldn't be a surprise.
No idea that the years before had an exclusive map that was released later on as I never bought DLC from Treyarch. I can still see why people would be pissed when they just announce this the day of release.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
So if I don't get the hardened edition, how many zombie maps will I have?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Probably one. I think that's all the last two games started with.
World at War you only had Nacht Der Untoten (1). Black Ops you had Kino Der Toten, Five, and Dead Ops Arcade (I'd call that 2 1/2). I already know how many you get. You get Tranzit which is one big zombies open world map with 5 locations (bus stop, farm, city, and I forgot the other two) and those locations each have the option to play survival mode. So you get one big map and 5 small maps. But I think they might add more to Tranzit because so far the gameplay videos have shown Northern Hemisphere-Green Run, so people are guessing that the DLCs will add more Tranzit locations so we might get 20 new maps (4 DLC packs) + Nuketown Zombies. I'm just guessing though. They might only add one more Tranzit "run" and then the 3 other maps are just individual extra maps.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

http://www.twitch.tv/xxdaverdxx

Zombies being streamed. There's also a mulitplayer stream on the homepage but you can find multi gameplay anywhere

Old
11-12-2012, 06:25 PM
D Fresh
Lost Horizons

I always found it frustrating to hear (before a game is even released) that they plan on immediately rolling out DLC which you must pay for.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:28 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Pre-ordered just an hour ago and it'll come on the 14th which suits me as I'm busy tomorrow.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

The game doesn't release until tomorrow.....are these people playing it in Europe or something?

Old
11-12-2012, 06:41 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

He's streaming the new grief mode (4 vs 4) waiting to see how this really works. But it is cool to see that the two teams are CIA vs CDC so it's possible that future DLC maps may involve the two agencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
The game doesn't release until tomorrow.....are these people playing it in Europe or something?
Some people yeah. I saw a few Mexican players. My friend has a copy. They had a few giveaways I think.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Other than the time difference there's probably a few people who know people that have managed to get copies for them or those that have gotten it a day early.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Tranzit Zombie map. Sounds epic.

Old
11-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Yeah I wish I had that kind of restraint.
I usually don't either. But I don't usually have 3 papers 2 presentations and an exam every week

Old
11-12-2012, 07:00 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Okay Grief mode looks incredible as a multiplayer replacement. Before online zombies play was about survival and being good enough to not bring your teammates down. Now it's 2 teams go against each other trying to survive the longest. You can steal powerups from the other team, you can steal their kills, you can block their teammates' exits off. Zombies is finally competitve and they track stats just like multiplayer does so I get the feeling grief is going to be really popular.

Wow and their's a drop power up that temporarily makes the other team super attractive to zombies (they start producing this green gas that attracts the zombies and distracts them from attacking you). This looks so awesome. I might end up never playing multiplayer....okay that's not true.

Quote:
I usually don't either. But I don't usually have 3 papers 2 presentations and an exam every week
I have 1 research paper, one opinion paper for philosophy. A few exams and then finals.

Last edited by DuckJet: 11-12-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Satan
& try another year

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
TmarTn and co. streaming for 24 hours straight here:

http://www.twitch.tv/therace
No idea how someone has the time to stream for 24 hours after a game launches.

Old
11-12-2012, 07:16 PM
Satan
& try another year

Quote:
Same. 2 midterms on Wednesday, 2 assignments due this week and 2 lab reports due. It's my hell-week.

Still in limbo if I want to get Black Ops 2- but if I do I'm gonna wait until next week.

Old
11-12-2012, 08:00 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

Quote:
No, People who pre-order the game usually would get the game a few days before the game comes out

Old
11-12-2012, 08:07 PM
DuckJet
I love Monabae

Severe lack of wonder weapons on the Survival maps and I only know of two on Tranzit (The ray gun and the terrible excuse for a thunder gun) each survival map only has the ray gun, which really is all you need but it was always fun to get the secondary wonder weapon. I thought the wave guns would make a come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ulimate Reims View Post
No, People who pre-order the game usually would get the game a few days before the game comes out
I pre-ordered a while ago, and Gamestop wasn't amused when I tried to bribe them into giving me the game early.

Last edited by DuckJet: 11-12-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Old
11-12-2012, 08:21 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
On a side note, people were camped out in front of Best Buy here just after 4pm tonight. After buying MW3 at midnight last year, I can kinda see why people do it.

Closed Thread