HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2012, 02:28 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 827
Sounds like there will be some kind of trailer for zombies being revealed in a few days. Can't wait for new zombies.

Old
08-15-2012, 10:56 AM
nyrpassion
Vetted.

vCash: 500
Live multiplayer gameplay stream now
http://www.twitch.tv/treyarch

Old
08-15-2012, 12:41 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Love some of the stuff in there. Especially the score streaks. It's about time they reward the guys who run around completing the objective

Edit - I was on the fence about this one, but based on this, I might just give it a shot

Last edited by ItsAllPartOfThePlan: 08-15-2012 at 01:29 PM.
Old
08-15-2012, 01:00 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
Eh, I'll probably skip. With the exception of the Left 4 Dead series, I'm just not a big fan of multiplayer FPS's anymore, and the Call of Duty single player campaigns haven't been up to snuff since the original Modern Warfare to be worth the purchase price for me.

Old
08-15-2012, 03:24 PM
NY Dynasty
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Eh, I'll probably skip. With the exception of the Left 4 Dead series, I'm just not a big fan of multiplayer FPS's anymore, and the Call of Duty single player campaigns haven't been up to snuff since the original Modern Warfare to be worth the purchase price for me.
I would say Black Ops had the best single player of any Call of Duty as of yet.

Old
08-15-2012, 04:03 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 5113
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Dynasty View Post
I would say Black Ops had the best single player of any Call of Duty as of yet.
I humbly disagree!

Old
08-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Banana Sandwiches

I didn't care for World at War. I didn't care for Black Ops, and I definitely didn't care for Modern Warfare 3.

I will certainly pass this year. I'm getting tired of COD.

Old
08-15-2012, 11:51 PM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

A lot of what I'm seeing about this game has me excited. Admittedly though, I said the same thing about MW3 and I gave up on that game rather quickly. I never really got into FPS games until after university, so I'm not quite at the point of getting tired of these games, but if I find myself exasperated with this one like I did MW3, it'll spell the end of CoD for me.

Anyways. I like the idea of the Pick 10 system. I like that Ghost is only effective if the player is moving. I like that there doesn't seem to be any sign of final stand, and that death streaks are absent. Despite not playing objective based games, the point streak system also seems good. Assists now count towards getting your point streaks, which is great, and it seems that you get small assist points for any kill a teammate gets when your UAV or CUAV is up.

But what it will come down to for me is lag/ hit detection and map design. These are the 2 reasons I gave up on MW3. From what I've seen of the maps so far, they seem really cluttered and there are a lot of choke points and high vantage areas that promote camping. But there also seems to be decent coverage to work around the map while protecting your back, which seemed nearly impossible in MW3.

Cautiously optimistic.

Old
08-16-2012, 01:57 AM
leova

wow, as someone who hated the *****-storm of horribly overpowered perks and killstreaks that made MW2 and MW3 terrible, I'm REALLY liking the changes coming to BO2

seems like they took a lot of the community feedback and implemented some of the best, most "fun" enhancements!

Old
08-16-2012, 05:27 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Looks really good so far, obviously won't be able to judge until we actually get to play it but it looks good.

Was just watching the North America Vs Europe matches from Gamescom and it looked fun as hell.

The broadcasting suite it comes with too is awesome. I'll def be searching for a team to hop into league play with.

Old
08-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Leafs at Knight
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Footage from GamesCon two weeks ago :
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...5&feature=plcp

And they announced a Prestige edition and Hardened edition today. will probably get the hardened one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WmtGCwEv-k

Old
08-28-2012, 03:44 PM
Chris Pronger
Valar morghulis

vCash: 50
I'll stick to Black ops 1. Buying MW3 was the biggest mistake of my life too

Old
08-28-2012, 04:55 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Can't wait for 8 person zombies. Crazzzzzy.

Old
08-29-2012, 03:05 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69

If this really is a zombies map, they're going to have to expand it past the blocked off end of the street by the jeep. Otherwise games won't go longer than 8 rounds (assuming it's 4 player)

Old
08-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

If this really is a zombies map, they're going to have to expand it past the blocked off end of the street by the jeep. Otherwise games won't go longer than 8 rounds (assuming it's 4 player)
While the classic zombies mode is returning there are at least 3 new zombie modes coming to BOII also. Both co-op and competitive modes. Let's see which mode the map is used on first.

Old
08-29-2012, 11:57 AM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
While the classic zombies mode is returning there are at least 3 new zombie modes coming to BOII also. Both co-op and competitive modes. Let's see which mode the map is used on first.
I can't see 8 players running around and breaking trains being any easier.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:35 PM
FrizzleFry22

Pretty excited for this game. Glad I took a break and did not get MW3. Last one I got was Black Ops and I was hesitant to get it but loved it.
Felt like the story mode was great also the improvements on Zombies. I spent so many hours on the Zombie maps trying to do the easter eggs.

Curious for the people talking about server issues what console ? The only issues I have ever had with COD games was with MW2 the first month it was released. Then again when MW2 was released it could be considered a beta considering all the glitches and server issues.

Old
09-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Analyzer*

The servers disconnect way too often in Black ops. That and Motion censors are terrible. SR-71 I didn't mind.

I think Black ops is 2nd to MW1. MW2 and MW3 were terrible. Treyarch are the ones who seem to get it and at least make GOOD improvements on the game.

I hope Black Ops 2 is good.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:28 AM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The servers disconnect way too often in Black ops. That and Motion censors are terrible. SR-71 I didn't mind.
Dedicated servers for console would do a lot to help the series. I always find it funny when I pull host because my connection can't support it but it leaves me as host. Guys will be standing still while I shoot them.

Motion sensors never bothered me, as I always ran hacker pro. SR-71 was easy to counter, so yeah it never bothered me either.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:00 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Dedicated servers for console would do a lot to help the series. I always find it funny when I pull host because my connection can't support it but it leaves me as host. Guys will be standing still while I shoot them.

Motion sensors never bothered me, as I always ran hacker pro. SR-71 was easy to counter, so yeah it never bothered me either.
Better than MW3 where the worse your internet connection the more the game plays to your favour.

From this whole series you gotta love when people will camp in the same spot every time.

Old
09-10-2012, 07:00 PM
Leafs at Knight
( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Quote:
Better than MW3 where the worse your internet connection the more the game plays to your favour.

From this whole series you gotta love when people will camp in the same spot every time.
Agreed. I have the highest internet Rogers offers ( like 75 mbps download ) and I still have trouble finding games. My NAT is open, UPNP enabled and everything its weird. If I play blackops or mw2 I have no problem getting into a game.

In Blackops2 the ghost perk only works if your moving, and there is an attachment that lets you see people who are stationary through walls ( has to be fairly close ).

Old
09-10-2012, 07:57 PM
Snipeshow

I am not sure if MW3 was terrible, or if my interest in COD has disappeared.

BO2 will be the final decision. If it does nothing for me, I guess I'll be retiring from COD. But, I feel it's likely that MW3 was simply awful.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:34 PM
Snipeshow

For those that play demolition, anybody know if the overtime is the way it was in Black Ops and not the horrific change they put in for MW3?

I can't find any info.

Last edited by Snipeshow: 09-10-2012 at 08:42 PM.
Old
09-11-2012, 08:33 AM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:

Yeah, I didn't get a long with MW3. I think I only got to level 60 before I gave up on it. I am pretty sure there is no lag compensation in Black Ops 2, so that's a plus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
In Blackops2 the ghost perk only works if your moving, and there is an attachment that lets you see people who are stationary through walls ( has to be fairly close ).
Seems like they are trying to encourage people to play more run and gun, but I'm sure people will still find a way to camp effectively. It is just part of the series that people are going to have to get used to, I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
For those that play demolition, anybody know if the overtime is the way it was in Black Ops and not the horrific change they put in for MW3?

I can't find any info.
I haven't seen any information about demolition yet. I don't play demolition, what did they change in MW3?

Old
09-11-2012, 11:56 AM
Jeremyisgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Yeah, I didn't get a long with MW3. I think I only got to level 60 before I gave up on it. I am pretty sure there is no lag compensation in Black Ops 2, so that's a plus.

Seems like they are trying to encourage people to play more run and gun, but I'm sure people will still find a way to camp effectively. It is just part of the series that people are going to have to get used to, I think.
In Black Ops, I could run and gun to my heart's content. MW3 absolutely refused to let me(worst spawn points, and awful maps for Domination). I could still win 75% of my Dom games(which is the only stat I care about), but my K/D suffered. Cannot wait to run around again.

And seriously, how bad are MW3 maps for domination? 1 team gets 2 capture points right off the bat for most of the maps. I couldn't believe how many people thought MW2 was better than Black Ops.

Closed Thread