HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-16-2012, 11:09 PM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

vCash: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
Pretty sure the regular survival mode is still in there.
It is. There's story mode, survival mode, 4 on 4 "Grief mode", theater mode, and supposedly there's one more mode that hasn't been revealed yet but I could be wrong about that.

Old
10-16-2012, 11:36 PM
Satan
a e s t h e t i c

vCash: 69
Haven't spoiled anything about Black Ops II. Gonna get it on launch day probably. I'll probably hate it in a month but whatever.

Call of Duty 4 still remains the best Call of Duty. Although, I did enjoy Black Ops.

Old
10-17-2012, 12:07 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Its only 13 years in the future, Crysis was what 500 years or something. Nothing is even that advanced in the trailer.
Active camo and **** like that. Not really into that kind of thing. Unless its in like a mass effect type deal

Old
10-17-2012, 12:39 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Pretty not be ****in' invisible people.

From the in game play trailer it's already shifted towards Battlefield with their ****** gun sounds.

By the sounds of the zombie game it's going to surpass L4D.. Easily.

Old
10-18-2012, 04:20 PM
Analyzer*

Just incase anybody is looking, the Care Package edition seems to be becoming pretty scarce. I know Amazon has some left, but I'm not sure how many. EB Games, Best Buy and other places were all sold out for both consoles. I settled for an XBOX edition. Hopefully the remote control helicopter doesn't suck, though I'm not holding my breath.

Old
10-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Jeremyisgood

IGN had an 8 minute multiplayer trailer. You can just see the different philosophy Treyarch has compared to IW in regards to map design. That BO2 map is so clean. I enjoy that when I run down a tunnel, I don't have to check if some dude is hiding behind 8 different assorted burned cars/trash cans. That one MW3 map that's just a destroyed New York street/subway(can't remember the name) is the worst multiplayer map I've ever played in any game, ever. Literally dozens of places to lay down with a silencer and camp. So dumb.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:22 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Just saw the commercial for this game and it was pretty awesome.

Old
10-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
Just saw the commercial for this game and it was pretty awesome.
Yea it was a really well done launch trailer IMO.

Also here is a live action trailer released today : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wIZp_E2CxQ

Old
10-29-2012, 08:51 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Yea it was a really well done launch trailer IMO.

Also here is a live action trailer released today : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wIZp_E2CxQ
I meant that live trailer you just posted. Saw it while watching Monday Night Football.

Old
10-29-2012, 09:41 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSkittlez View Post
I meant that live trailer you just posted. Saw it while watching Monday Night Football.
Oh ok I see. Thought you meant this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6vOWbJ46XU

Old
10-29-2012, 10:57 PM
The Reaper
Men of Mayhem

This game is gonna be awesome

2 storylines in it will be awesome awesome and you play as Alex Mason in the 1st storyline and Alex's son David in the 2nd storyline

Old
10-29-2012, 11:24 PM
McSkittlez
Jumbo Trollton

Quote:
Oh ok I see. Thought you meant this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6vOWbJ46XU
Wow... haha. Never saw that trailer before. It's just as awesome as the live one.

Old
11-01-2012, 05:07 PM
HanSolo
#CheerForKesler

vCash: 68

Leaked zombies footage.

Old
11-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post

Leaked zombies footage.
I'll probably end up buying this game for that.

Old
11-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itp2P0Z76pw

Old
11-03-2012, 09:49 AM
silverfish
Not a GM

Didn't have internet this past week due to Sandy, so I went back to BO to play zombies for the first time since MW3 came out, and boy was I rusty. But I've always been lame at zombies so it wasn't so surprising

Played the newest map "Call of the Dead" ... That George Romero zombie is ****ing annoying

Old
11-03-2012, 10:55 AM
D Fresh
I'm Back Baby!

Still unsure as to how top feel about this game.

We'll wait and see.

Old
11-03-2012, 11:10 AM
RayLeeCharles

One major thing thats holding me back from wanting this game, has nothing to do with the game itself.

Its the community of people who play it. Been playing since MW1 and have noticed that each year more and more people camp for killstreaks and never bother trying to play the objective.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:16 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
One major thing thats holding me back from wanting this game, has nothing to do with the game itself.

Its the community of people who play it. Been playing since MW1 and have noticed that each year more and more people camp for killstreaks and never bother trying to play the objective.
Well they focused a lot on that problem. They aren't killstreaks anymore they're scorestreaks. So for example if I have UAV selected , I would need 200 points lets say. To get these points you could do pretty much anything to get it like capturing an objective, defending one, assists, kills, killing a flag carrier, killing a bomb planter, planting a bomb, defusing a bomb etc. So you may need 4 kills to get the UAV or you could get 1 kill and a bomb defuse to get it . So the people that camp are going to have a harder time getting scorestreaks if they just go for kills .

Old
11-03-2012, 12:33 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Well they focused a lot on that problem. They aren't killstreaks anymore they're scorestreaks. So for example if I have UAV selected , I would need 200 points lets say. To get these points you could do pretty much anything to get it like capturing an objective, defending one, assists, kills, killing a flag carrier, killing a bomb planter, planting a bomb, defusing a bomb etc. So you may need 4 kills to get the UAV or you could get 1 kill and a bomb defuse to get it . So the people that camp are going to have a harder time getting scorestreaks if they just go for kills .
Yeah, I love that new mechanism.

There's also, I think, the fact that people using ghost are only untraceable IF they are moving. That at least eliminate campers standing still in a corner of the map.

I'm seriously considering buying this game. I hated MW3 and sold it after barely a day of play, yet I'm still playing BO from time to time and enjoys it despite racking up over 15 days of play over the last 2 years. I think we won't be disappointed with Treyarch. At least, they seemed to take into account what the community disliked about BO and they tried to improve BO2 in these aspects.

Old
11-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Jussi

Quote:
I think camping has become so ingrained among players that it's not going to go away. Post-game they'll still be touting their k/d ratio, even if they lost. These people don't cate about winning or losing, just their k/d ratio.

Last edited by Jussi: 11-03-2012 at 02:18 PM.
Old
11-03-2012, 02:02 PM
GoJackets1
Someday.

My philosophy: Disregard K/D, Acquire fun.

Old
11-04-2012, 07:41 PM
silverfish
Not a GM

Some videos finding their ways online...

Zombies 1
Zombies 2
Carrier Combat Training

44 Screenshots

Old
11-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

I like the new sound effects. Sounds more realistic than BO.

Old
11-05-2012, 01:20 AM
RayLeeCharles

Quote:
Yeah I get that and have read how the streaks will work this time around. There are two things at other end of that spectrum, people are going to be charging at flags and dying over and over feeding the streaks for the other team. As well as teammates that will never leave the starting spawn.

To get around the issue of being on the radar if youre not moving, people will learn to just strafe in a corner like they do behind head glitch spots now. MW2 had it right with the perks outside of commando, oma/dangerclose and scavenger/dangerclose. If you wanted to use a ghost perk you had to sacrifice and vice versa.

I know im complaining a lot but I play cod a good amount and MW3/Activision made me hate the series as a whole.

Closed Thread