HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2012, 08:31 AM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

vCash: 500
I watched a guy stream combat training for a couple hours last night. He didn't get shut down for some reason, I think he said he had been streaming for 6 hours when I decided I'd had a good enough look, and he was still going.

My impressions from what I saw:

Playing the objective is going to be very important if you want to easily get your scorestreaks. He played mostly kill confirmed, and every tag that he recovered he got 100 points, and 50 points for each kill. He demonstrated for a bit how much longer it would take to get kill streaks without collecting tags, and it was significant. This might be my new game mode over TDM. He also played capture the flag for awhile, and kills while carrying the flag count as 200 points, and then you get points for picking up the flag and for capturing it. Hardline also seems like it will be a more worthwhile perk than ever now. Rather than making it require one less kill, it makes it so that it requires 20% less points. This makes a huge difference as you get to higher scorestreaks.

The maps looked pretty good. There were a couple that reminded me of some of the MW3 maps, but in general they were more like Black Ops. I'm hoping that this impression remains true for me when I start playing because the maps in MW3 were the main reason I gave up on that game. Didn't enjoy them at all.

There were a couple of guns that seemed like they will probably be getting quite of bit of play. The big ones being the MSMC (not sure if that is right... its an SMG) and the Skorpion (believe it or not). The MP7 didn't seem to be as good as those 2. Most of the assault rifles seemed to function about the same, but I'm sure that one will end up being deemed "OP".

Score streaks all looked cool. The Lodestar seems like a Reaper clone but better. The new death machine and the war machine seem like they will be effective killers. Flak jacket will probably be in high demand because of the RC car and Hunter Killer drone. Orbital Vsat is this games SR71 and is just as powerful. All the score streaks should fun.

Can't say much about lag and spawn system because he was playing combat training. It could be that actual online multiplayer changes many of my above impressions. But after watching that I am more optimistic about this game.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:49 AM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Assuming kills in TDM are just 100 points, it's going to be quite hard to unlock some of the higher kill streaks.

1700 points for K-9? That's 6 more than Black Ops. I suppose with assists it could be a little quicker... but I guess that high kill streaks will be quite rare in TDM.

I'll probably stick to domination for the most part anyway.

Old
11-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Assuming kills in TDM are just 100 points, it's going to be quite hard to unlock some of the higher kill streaks.

1700 points for K-9? That's 6 more than Black Ops. I suppose with assists it could be a little quicker... but I guess that high kill streaks will be quite rare in TDM.

Yea not to sure about killstreaks in TDM and how they're going to work. The only times I play TDM is if it pops up in Ground War, so not an issue for me.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC View Post
Yeah I get that and have read how the streaks will work this time around. There are two things at other end of that spectrum, people are going to be charging at flags and dying over and over feeding the streaks for the other team. As well as teammates that will never leave the starting spawn.

To get around the issue of being on the radar if youre not moving, people will learn to just strafe in a corner like they do behind head glitch spots now. MW2 had it right with the perks outside of commando, oma/dangerclose and scavenger/dangerclose. If you wanted to use a ghost perk you had to sacrifice and vice versa.

I know im complaining a lot but I play cod a good amount and MW3/Activision made me hate the series as a whole.
Oh yea don't get me wrong I hated MW3 as well, so not a surprise that you are very cautious of this one. A couple obvious things is Infinity Ward had to call in another company Sledgehammer games to help work with them on MW3. This was basically sledgehammers first game, and with Infinity Ward losing a lot of their key employees hurt the production and final product of MW3. Treyarch on the other hand still has all of their key employees that worked on BlackOps , so they know what to do. Also Treyarch actually uses the community to help improve the game pre and post-launch.

The scorestreak problem you said , I don't think it will occur too much. I mean when you go to capture a domination flag you don't just run it and hope for the best. You check vantage points people may be at, throw some smoke/stun grenades/ grenades , and it helps playing with a couple people you know to use communication.

They put blind eye and ghost in the same category , and they also put hard wired(immune to counter uavs and emp ) and cold blooded in the same category. So it's not like you can use all 4 . Plus they're are better perks I think than those that I will be using.

Old
11-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator

vCash: 1425
Does anyone here know where I can find a complete list of how the scorestreaks are earned and how much different things are valued?

Glass from Girardi is practically a mathematical impossibility. I'm glad to have witnessed this great Rangers moment. -Bob Richards
I'd hate to know what the toilet facilities look like after a game with the way this team aims... -Megustaelhockey
Old
11-05-2012, 12:42 PM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:

Isn't it only 1275 points for dogs? That's what I'm seeing here anyways: http://www.blackopsii.com/bo2/score-...s-killstreaks/

Is there a different source that has them higher?

Old
11-05-2012, 01:32 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Are they setting up the kill streaks like MW 3 where toy have the assault and support?

Old
11-05-2012, 02:50 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
Are they setting up the kill streaks like MW 3 where toy have the assault and support?
No.

http://www.blackopsii.com/bo2/score-...s-killstreaks/

Old
11-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
I just had a glitch the other night in the first black ops.

It was an enemy motion sensor that was working for me. To boot it was indestructible and didn't go away when I died.

Old
11-05-2012, 05:08 PM
Schenn
In Rod We Trust

vCash: 816
In Black Ops I use exclusively Flak Jacket, Sleight of Hand and Marathon (All Pro's)
If I can add Ghost (I move at all times anyways), and Tactical Mask (Flash Repellent) and manage to keep a silencer on an assault rifle like I always do, I think I will have a beauty setup.

Something like

Weapon: Scar-H (1)
Attachment: Silencer (1)

Equipment: Frag/Concussion/Shock Charge (1)

Perk 1: Flak Jacket (1)
Perk 2: Fast Hands (1)
Perk 3: Extreme Conditioning (1)

Wildcards:
Greed 1 --> Ghost (2)
Greed 3 --> Tactical Mask/Dexterity (2)

Total: (10)

Dirty...

Yes, I am excited.

11-05-2012, 05:29 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
What I rocked in Bops1

Class 1:

Scavenger pro
Sight of hand pro
Marathon pro

Commando + Extra mag
Claymore

Class 2

Scavenger pro
Sight of hand pro
Hacker pro
Commando + silencer
Motion sensor

Class 3

You know, for those dicks with a KDR of 6 because they camp like *****es.

Ghost pro
SoH pro
Hacker pro.

Motion sensor
Galil +silencer

You can't see me coming, but because in reality you suck, you don't have hacker pro, so I can see you coming every time. Then you get mad and leave. That's why while your KDR is 6, your W/L ratio is .7

Old
11-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Oh, so it's no longer just kills? It's points that get you rewards? I haven't played since cod mod 2 so this is all news to me

Old
11-05-2012, 05:44 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Oh, so it's no longer just kills? It's points that get you rewards? I haven't played since cod mod 2 so this is all news to me
Correct.

Old
11-05-2012, 06:06 PM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Lol watching a stream of zombies in this game, and JD2020 is one of the people playing. He used too be the community manager for Treyarch.

And the guy playing got banned lol

Last edited by Leafs at Knight: 11-05-2012 at 06:11 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator

The class I'm liking on paper for search:

Assault Rifle: SMR - 1 point
Attachments: Adjustable stock, Supressor, Target Finder - 3 points
Lethal: Semtex - 1 point
Tactical: Concussion - 1 point
Perk Slot 1: Ghost - 1 point
Perk Slot 2: Fast Hands - 1 point
Perk Slot 3: Engineer - 1 point
Wildcard: Primary Gunfighter - 1 point

From what I watched on Youtube about the Target Finder, it looks like something I would get angry about if someone killed me with by using, but it's gives too much of an advantage that you can't pass up on it.

Old
11-05-2012, 07:41 PM
silverfish
Bow ties are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Isn't it only 1275 points for dogs? That's what I'm seeing here anyways: http://www.blackopsii.com/bo2/score-...s-killstreaks/

Is there a different source that has them higher?
Looks like 1700 from this screen...

Old
11-05-2012, 08:07 PM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:
Looks like 1700 from this screen...

Yeah, apparently the scorestreaks cost more than originally reported/ what they were at gamescom. That seems ridiculously high.

Thanks for the info.

Old
11-05-2012, 08:32 PM
Kane One
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
Yeah, apparently the scorestreaks cost more than originally reported/ what they were at gamescom. That seems ridiculously high.

Thanks for the info.
Not really. This now forces people to actually play the game modes instead of those dicks who play Kill Confirmed and never confirm their kills.

To get a scorestreak of 1700 in Kill Confirmed, kill 12 people and only confirm 11 of the kills (and I'm not even including the kills you may deny). In Black Ops 1, you needed an 11 kill streak for attack dogs. Now they just force you to get dog tags. I like that a lot.

The only bad thing (but not for me since I don't care) is that it pretty much kills TDM. If I played that before, it doesn't sound like I will ever play it again.

Last edited by Kane One: 11-05-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old
11-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Snipeshow

I like that it is difficult to get to the higher kill streaks. Makes those idiots that just camp for kills a waste of space moreso than before.

It really will encourage playing the objective, which I am looking forward too.

For those that played Demolition, is there any word on if OVERTIME is back to the way it was in MW2 and BO rather than the awfulness that they used in MW3?

Thanks if you know.

Old
11-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Lebowski
El Duderino

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Not really. This now forces people to actually play the game modes instead of those dicks who play Kill Confirmed and never confirm their kills.

To get a scorestreak of 1700 in Kill Confirmed, kill 12 people and only confirm 11 of the kills (and I'm not even including the kills you may deny). In Black Ops 1, you needed an 11 kill streak for attack dogs. Now they just force you to get dog tags. I like that a lot.

The only bad thing (but not for me since I don't care) is that it pretty much kills TDM. If I played that before, it doesn't sound like I will ever play it again.
I don't think it will affect TDM all that much. I watched a gameplay of BOPS2 on TDM not too long ago and when you send a UAV, you rack up "UAV assists" every time one of your teammates kill someone (+35 or something like that). Destroying other teams helicopters also gave significant points (+400, I think), so you can just stick a Sam turret out there and get points...

I'm excited about this game. Won't buy it right after the launch like I did for MW3, I won't make that mistake again... But if the reviews are good after a week or so, I'm definitely buying it.

Old
11-05-2012, 10:38 PM
wingsnut19
Give me a hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Which is the game mode I play pretty much exclusively. Which is why I'm a bit bothered.

It wouldn't be so bad if they made a TDM kill worth 150 points, but they have stuck with 100. End of the day, I probably make the switch to Kill Confirmed.

Old
11-08-2012, 09:04 AM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Everyone should subscribe to Tmartn on YouTube, he has made quite a few videos showing what's new in the game, and a whole bunch of stuff about weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdNGL4MEDas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr74m5w8aI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGa2Q2Lv1pc

Old
11-08-2012, 09:21 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Everyone should subscribe to Tmartn on YouTube, he has made quite a few videos showing what's new in the game, and a whole bunch of stuff about weapons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdNGL4MEDas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKr74m5w8aI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGa2Q2Lv1pc
watched the first video learned a lot , thanks for posting

Old
11-08-2012, 09:33 AM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
watched the first video learned a lot , thanks for posting
No problem.

Old
11-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Leafs at Knight
\_(ツ)_/

David Vonderhaar ‏@DavidVonderhaar
Yes! Watch this space today for live streams of never before seen maps. RT @SuperJaaK: do you plan on revealing more maps before Tuesday?

Closed Thread