HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 08:53 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Can't believe we're on to Part 2 already. Continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1149141

Old
05-01-2012, 09:59 AM
RayzorIsDull

Legend did you see the Whalers got Ryan Hartman from US Under 18. That's a big get for them. Rychel really needs to up the ante.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:09 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Legend did you see the Whalers got Ryan Hartman from US Under 18. That's a big get for them. Rychel really needs to up the ante.
Rayzor

Did not see that looks like -17 players are changing their minds Koules the California kid goes to Med Hat after being a North Dakota committ
My guess is Rychel will get at least one
Saturday heard from a good source that De Guiseppe is headed here post nhl draft

Old
05-01-2012, 11:19 AM
izzys

to me if we are going to traget one player mine would be in or

Barber ( loved this kid when i see him and the under 18 turny i was sold )
seloff ( we would love him to be our number one defencmen back there )
De Guiseppe ( started off slow this year but is working hes way back up )

i would love too see one of those in a spits jersey next year

Old
05-01-2012, 11:27 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Rayzor

Did not see that looks like -17 players are changing their minds Koules the California kid goes to Med Hat after being a North Dakota committ
My guess is Rychel will get at least one
Saturday heard from a good source that De Guiseppe is headed here post nhl draft
Whalers got lucky for sure from the point of view being a late birthday and not graduating high school yet so he would have had to go USHL. That would have been like Windsor getting Schmaltz after last year but he stuck with the USHL to complete high school. DiGiuseppe would be interesting saw comments from him when his season ended he expected to be back for 3 more years. Right now Plymouth looks to have 3 1st round picks among their 12 forwards, maybe a 4th in Wilson and you add what they have back. I know it's cyclical but right now Windsor isn't a threat to Plymouth. Plymouth wasn't much of a threat in 09/10 but they still don't go away.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:14 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzys View Post

The only question I ask is if they really want to be in Windsor then make the jump now. You shouldn't have to wait for some NHL team to draft you and guide you in the right direction. These kids should start making some big time decisions and they shouldn't need the input of an NHL team.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:22 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
Whalers got lucky for sure from the point of view being a late birthday and not graduating high school yet so he would have had to go USHL. That would have been like Windsor getting Schmaltz after last year but he stuck with the USHL to complete high school. DiGiuseppe would be interesting saw comments from him when his season ended he expected to be back for 3 more years. Right now Plymouth looks to have 3 1st round picks among their 12 forwards, maybe a 4th in Wilson and you add what they have back. I know it's cyclical but right now Windsor isn't a threat to Plymouth. Plymouth wasn't much of a threat in 09/10 but they still don't go away.
The Whalers will do what they annually do. If they have a strong team or a weak one, play around .600 and get knocked out in the second round.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:28 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
The only question I ask is if they really want to be in Windsor then make the jump now. You shouldn't have to wait for some NHL team to draft you and guide you in the right direction. These kids should start making some big time decisions and they shouldn't need the input of an NHL team.

The wise thing to do when making a decision is to gather as much information as possible. And having the input of the people who hold your future maybe a valuable piece of information to base a decision on.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
NYR Chris Kreider's transition to the NHL hasn't seemed to have been hurt by spending 3 years at Boston College.

Old
05-01-2012, 12:34 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
The wise thing to do when making a decision is to gather as much information as possible. And having the input of the people who hold your future maybe a valuable piece of information to base a decision on.
Those NHL teams will tell you what the players want to hear though. There are as many players who have left college early and flame out and the same number have left and had success.

For example if the Islanders drafted any of those players. As a player would you trust what they tell you?

Old
05-01-2012, 01:37 PM
dereksutton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood10 View Post
The Whalers will do what they annually do. If they have a strong team or a weak one, play around .600 and get knocked out in the second round.
Classic and true. Another year Vellucci stands pat at the deadline and another lost opportunity for a bigger trophy.

I was speaking with a Compuware usher who was high on Malhalak but I just don't see it. Maybe another year of maturing will help but he struggled with Windsor and won those games thanks to the team in front on him from my POV.

I wonder if Miller will be back? He wasn't drafted by the Rangers while in Plymouth.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:39 PM
dereksutton9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
NYR Chris Kreider's transition to the NHL hasn't seemed to have been hurt by spending 3 years at Boston College.
Okay I'll bite ... What does this have to do with the DiGuiseppe rumour?

Old
05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksutton9 View Post
Okay I'll bite ... What does this have to do with the DiGuiseppe rumour?
Rayzor seemed to imply once DiGuiseppe is drafted, that team NHL will "convince" him to forego U of M and sign with Windsor. Maybe I read too much into it, just my two cents....lots of different ways these days to prep for a pro career and so the Kreider example was provided.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:50 PM
youngblood10

Quote:
Those NHL teams will tell you what the players want to hear though. There are as many players who have left college early and flame out and the same number have left and had success.

For example if the Islanders drafted any of those players. As a player would you trust what they tell you?

The track records are there regardless of what the team says on a teams philosophy on handling prospects. The organizations pay structure, history of signing young players or a wait and see approach. The organizations depth chart, needs and were the drafted player fits in. etc.. It's more about how the agent err adviser sees what situation the drafted player is in after the draft. And the direction he should take.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:54 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by dereksutton9 View Post
Classic and true. Another year Vellucci stands pat at the deadline and another lost opportunity for a bigger trophy.

I was speaking with a Compuware usher who was high on Malhalak but I just don't see it. Maybe another year of maturing will help but he struggled with Windsor and won those games thanks to the team in front on him from my POV.

I wonder if Miller will be back? He wasn't drafted by the Rangers while in Plymouth.
Mahalak had better numbers than Wedgewood for what it's worth.

I don't see why the Rangers would rush Miller. They're a very good team this year, 9 forwards already under contract for next year not including Zuccarello and not including Kreider who's made an impact in the playoffs. Do they want him in the AHL? The one way I can see him not in Plymouth is if the Rangers include him in some deal for Rick Nash and the Blue Jackets feel they have to rationalize the trade by putting the local kid in the lineup.

I still believe this upcoming year 12-13 is the year for the Whalers to make their run, possibly 4 1st round NHL forwards on the team to add with Hartman, Meurs, OA's in Aleardi and Heard. They need to address the D but I have no doubt Vellucci will address that. Vellucci is a recruiting monster right now.

Old
05-01-2012, 01:55 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Rayzor seemed to imply once DiGuiseppe is drafted, that team NHL will "convince" him to forego U of M and sign with Windsor. Maybe I read too much into it, just my two cents....lots of different ways these days to prep for a pro career and so the Kreider example was provided.
I never said that. I said I read a comment from him he said about planning to stay 4 years at Michigan.

Old
05-01-2012, 02:11 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
I never said that. I said I read a comment from him he said about planning to stay 4 years at Michigan.
My apologies. As I indicated I read an implication. Carry on.

Old
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
big papa

Quote:

Good list but will butcher and evan allan would be 2 players i would want on this team. Saw them both play great at the under 17 plus Butcher did play for the under 18 team that won gold for the 4th year in a row

Old
05-01-2012, 09:01 PM
hockeylegend11

2 players drafted this year by windsor,CHris Dodero-Cen and dman Adam Baughman were chosen in the Ushl futures draft today by Chicago and Indiana respectively

Old
05-01-2012, 10:39 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
2 players drafted this year by windsor,CHris Dodero-Cen and dman Adam Baughman were chosen in the Ushl futures draft today by Chicago and Indiana respectively
Are these guys supposed to be hot shots or something? Dodero was at the rookie camp and didn't stand out from the pack or anything.

In other news, it's probably worth reading the interview Brock posted with the guy from that scouting service. He said that after Yakupov, our guy Marchese had the best shot among draft eligible OHL forwards. He also compared Johnson to Darren Helm, saying he really came on at the end of the year. Naturally he thought Ebert was lost, but you can't win them all. The Marchese shot thing surprised me, I haven't seen enough of it to be that impressed myself. Anybody else see this alleged shot in action?

Old
05-01-2012, 10:48 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Are these guys supposed to be hot shots or something? Dodero was at the rookie camp and didn't stand out from the pack or anything.

In other news, it's probably worth reading the interview Brock posted with the guy from that scouting service. He said that after Yakupov, our guy Marchese had the best shot among draft eligible OHL forwards. He also compared Johnson to Darren Helm, saying he really came on at the end of the year. Naturally he thought Ebert was lost, but you can't win them all. The Marchese shot thing surprised me, I haven't seen enough of it to be that impressed myself. Anybody else see this alleged shot in action?
Ya I can see what he is talking about. I dont think I would say best shot after Yakupov though. He had a few snipes in Erie that were impressive but as you know his work ethic and commitment is a huge concern.

Old
05-02-2012, 06:54 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post

Actually I thought Dodero played well he had 2 goals in the scrimmage and did not look out of place considering he was a 14th rd pick,he showed some decent skills,he has bloodlines,as his brother plays D for Sudbury
As for Baughman he was rated a AA player for the ohl draft meaning he could go anywhere between the 1st to 3rd rds but he did not committ to the O thus w dropped to the later rds,and Windsor scooped him up
My assumption speaking to members of the scouting staff is that players have the ability to play in the O and contribute

Old
05-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Raisy

Anyone think that Tyler Biggs leaving Miami of Ohio could impact Seiloff or Barber's decisions to go there?

Old
05-02-2012, 09:53 AM
izzys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisy View Post
Anyone think that Tyler Biggs leaving Miami of Ohio could impact Seiloff or Barber's decisions to go there?
where did tyler biggs go ?

Old
05-02-2012, 10:21 AM
Raisy

Quote:
where did tyler biggs go ?
Sorry, should've said he was potentially leaving the college. I don't think that it is official yet, but Bob Mackenzie was reporting it.

Closed Thread