HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
05-25-2012, 05:58 PM
big papa

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
While I agree the Spits take a huge hit if Koko stays in Russia
it has little to do with 2013/14 in my view
He was not counted on being here anyways and should the Spits draft and convince 2 high impact euros to play this year,they should have them for 2013/14 as well
As I have projected before I expect HoSang to make an immediate impact,the addition of 2 euros and expected improvement of everybody returning,the drop off may not be the doomsday some think
Can Windsor be in the top 3 probably not but 4,5 or 6 is not unrealistic
Alot to be determined before we all can predict what may happen
Do they Take Hagg with the 15th overall pic and then target a forward with a pic they get for Pav's or take the forward and go after Hagg or another D-man with a second pick. What would your top 5 Players for the spits to target at the Importdraft

Old
05-25-2012, 06:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
Do they Take Hagg with the 15th overall pic and then target a forward with a pic they get for Pav's or take the forward and go after Hagg or another D-man with a second pic
Good question,also consider as I mentioned before Windsor may deal both 1st rd picks for the euro draft for next year as they have theirs and NF picks
Ideally I would like to see Windsor with 2 picks in the top 9 or 12,even if it means trading Pavelka,their 1st this year and next yrs 2 euro 1st rd picks
It may come time to wheel and deal,rychel has done it in the past

Old
05-25-2012, 06:16 PM
big papa

Quote:
Good question,also consider as I mentioned before Windsor may deal both 1st rd picks for the euro draft for next year as they have theirs and NF picks
Ideally I would like to see Windsor with 2 picks in the top 9 or 12,even if it means trading Pavelka,their 1st this year and next yrs 2 euro 1st rd picks
It may come time to wheel and deal,rychel has done it in the past
What would be your Top 5 Imports for the Spitfires to target.

Old
05-25-2012, 06:21 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
No but if you believe it has an impact on the type of team they put on the ice this year and that impacts the type of bid you make then yes it could have an impact. For instance Spits will need to know in about a month for Khokhlachev you either know he's coming back or cut bait. This is where it gets difficult and the problem is two fold.

1. You won't get any assets in return for Khokhlachev which could have helped in the present and going forward.

2. If you want to bulk up and get 2 top tier imports then you're going to have to use assets to certainly move up possibly costing picks, players (Clarke, Bateman).

I still think if you're talking about a 6th seed or 8th seed it will make things very difficult to spin as being a top contender in the league the next year. You can talk about having players on paper but you do need the results on the ice otherwise they just look like another average team.
Rayzor

I get what you are saying although I do think projection wise Windsor sets up as well as anybody for 2013/2014
Koko was not going to be here anyways as u know,I do think Windsor finishes 4 to 6 in a tight conference,though I feel London,Kitchener and Plymouth are ahead of everybody else,with Guelph,Windsor and Owen Sd,and saginaw,behind them,in no particular order
For 2013/2014 London and Plymouth defence be extinct compared to Windsor,especially if Windsor gets Haag and Seiloff
Guelph and Owen Sd would be better def then Ldn and Ply,although London still would be strong offensively
In fairness until we see what everybody has in their lineups its hard to project who fits where especially as it pertains to 2013/14 more so then this coming year

Old
05-25-2012, 06:32 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
What would be your Top 5 Imports for the Spitfires to target.
For me I would target as my top 5

Robert Haag- Def-Sweden
Justin DeRose Rw-Sweden
Sergei Tolchinski-Rw-Russia
Fredric Tiffels- lw- Germany
Valeri Nikushkin-Rw- Russia

I might not have all the 1st names,going by memory,Tiffels is 18,the others are 17 years old

Old
05-25-2012, 06:51 PM
Ottomatic

As I've been saying it has nothing to do with the Spitfires - it's about getting Boston to sign Koko and give him a contract with a nice signing bonus. He's not going to play in Windsor for room, board and a stipend and potentially risk injury - the spleen issue really opened his eyes. He could play in KHL for a nice six figure salary or Boston signs him and he plays in the OHL with a insurable contract in his back pocket along with a nice signing bonus.

He came to Canada to prove to NHL teams he wanted into the NHL. Now it's up to his NHL team to show him an equal commitment.

Old
05-25-2012, 06:51 PM
spitz fan 4ever

hey, there, heard some rumours about a week ago, from semi-reliable sources and maybe legend can confirm, from what i gather is that DJ Smith is talking with the oshawa generals for the head coaches position.... whether or not he gets the position or not is anothr story..Dont know who else would be in the running...Time will tell.

Old
05-25-2012, 06:52 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
For me I would target as my top 5

Robert Haag- Def-Sweden
Justin DeRose Rw-Sweden
Sergei Tolchinski-Rw-Russia
Fredric Tiffels- lw- Germany
Valeri Nikushkin-Rw- Russia

I might not have all the 1st names,going by memory,Tiffels is 18,the others are 17 years old
I know there is games played with agents picking their clients landing spot. But realistically could any of these players be around at #15? I don't really see much of an opportunity to trade up into the draft.

If Koko doesn't come back, I think we still only make one import pick and keep Pavelka for the season. We'll pick a 17 yr old if possible to make sure we have a two year player. Next season we could use the Niagara import pick to grab an 18 yr old.

Old
05-25-2012, 07:20 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
I know there is games played with agents picking their clients landing spot. But realistically could any of these players be around at #15? I don't really see much of an opportunity to trade up into the draft.

If Koko doesn't come back, I think we still only make one import pick and keep Pavelka for the season. We'll pick a 17 yr old if possible to make sure we have a two year player. Next season we could use the Niagara import pick to grab an 18 yr old.
My feeling is that Windsor is trying to move up from 15 and will dangle 1 of the 2 picks for next yr as bait along with the 15th overall,or Pavelka and their 15th for a 6th ,or 9th overall

Old
05-25-2012, 07:26 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz fan 4ever View Post
hey, there, heard some rumours about a week ago, from semi-reliable sources and maybe legend can confirm, from what i gather is that DJ Smith is talking with the oshawa generals for the head coaches position.... whether or not he gets the position or not is anothr story..Dont know who else would be in the running...Time will tell.
Would not surprise me if DJ Smith gets some offers and Oshawa is one that makes sense with its owner from Windsor Rocco Tullio who is very familiar with Smith,plus the fact that the Generals are trying to change the culture that exists there
The thing I wonder what about would be that he has a young son and the distance and time away might influence his decision

Old
05-25-2012, 09:02 PM
spitz fan 4ever

wow...nice upset....shawinigan over saintjohn....shawinigan and london final

Old
05-25-2012, 09:12 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spitz fan 4ever View Post
wow...nice upset....shawinigan over saintjohn....shawinigan and london final
Oh how I'd love for Shawinigan to win. First no Sea Dog repeat keeping our back-to-back more special, keeping the Knights from winning would be the cherry on the top. But then Knights winning it all puts out first round series in a better light - we looked good against them for a couple games and were without our best player.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
jughead42

London got Namestnikov with the 20 pick, we got Koko at 23, Plymouth got Rackell at 41, we got Kuhnhackl at 24, Saginaw got Telegin at 42, so there's going to be a good player there for us without having to trade up. We're one of the "haves".

I'm just curious why so many people keep throwing Clarke out there as some sort of trade bait. He's very similar to Henrique at the same stage of their development, so I think it's premature to be so willing to toss him aside. I'm not saying he will be Henrique, but if we unloaded Adam for only getting 44 points in his draft year we would have regretted it.

Speaking of Mr. Henrique, how sweet is it to see him scoring yet another stanley cup series clinching goal in overtime? Way to go Adam, we've seen that celebratory leap to the glass before, it never gets tiresome. Go get that cup, and punch Jordan Nolan in the head for old time's sake while you're at it.

I'm pretty happy the Sea Dogs bit the dust, hopefully the host can get things done in the finals.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
B4IFURU18
Leafs fan in MTL

Fitting that Saint John loses, and Henrique scores the OT winner.

Old
05-25-2012, 10:24 PM
spitz fan 4ever

mr.overtime, at it again, of course talking about ADAM HENRIQUE, way to go hennie, and goodluck in finals

Old
05-26-2012, 11:04 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
London got Namestnikov with the 20 pick, we got Koko at 23, Plymouth got Rackell at 41, we got Kuhnhackl at 24, Saginaw got Telegin at 42, so there's going to be a good player there for us without having to trade up. We're one of the "haves".

I'm just curious why so many people keep throwing Clarke out there as some sort of trade bait. He's very similar to Henrique at the same stage of their development, so I think it's premature to be so willing to toss him aside. I'm not saying he will be Henrique, but if we unloaded Adam for only getting 44 points in his draft year we would have regretted it.

Speaking of Mr. Henrique, how sweet is it to see him scoring yet another stanley cup series clinching goal in overtime? Way to go Adam, we've seen that celebratory leap to the glass before, it never gets tiresome. Go get that cup, and punch Jordan Nolan in the head for old time's sake while you're at it.

I'm pretty happy the Sea Dogs bit the dust, hopefully the host can get things done in the finals.
I don't see Clarke being similar to Henrique. Henrique finished his draft eligible season strong. Clarke started hot and fizzled late. Also it's only being realistic when Windsor moved up in the import draft in 08 it cost them Garrett Wilson. Unfortunately right now Windsor doesn't have a prospect like that in order to move up so it would take a roster player. If you want to move up into the top 10 it will cost picks and a player and nobody will bite on Studnicka, Smith you name em. Clarke unfortunately is what you're left with because the drafting hasn't been very good lately.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Sec108

Quote:
Oh how I'd love for Shawinigan to win. First no Sea Dog repeat keeping our back-to-back more special, keeping the Knights from winning would be the cherry on the top. But then Knights winning it all puts out first round series in a better light - we looked good against them for a couple games and were without our best player.
I have to agree with Ottomatic......Anyone BUT London, Go Cats!!!!!

Also congrats on the OT goal by Adam, hope if the Devils win the cup he brings it to Windsor.

Old
05-26-2012, 01:39 PM
big papa

Quote:
I don't see Clarke being similar to Henrique. Henrique finished his draft eligible season strong. Clarke started hot and fizzled late. Also it's only being realistic when Windsor moved up in the import draft in 08 it cost them Garrett Wilson. Unfortunately right now Windsor doesn't have a prospect like that in order to move up so it would take a roster player. If you want to move up into the top 10 it will cost picks and a player and nobody will bite on Studnicka, Smith you name em. Clarke unfortunately is what you're left with because the drafting hasn't been very good lately.
Its like Wilson when he got traded for the pick that got us Loktionov but it would be Carke

Old
05-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Ottomatic

We'd be flipping import picks, whereas when we traded Wilson it was for the #7 overall without giving up a close import pick back.

I think Clarke would be too much to go up 6 spots. I'd move Clarke to move up to #3 or #6 but keeping our #15 import.

If we're including #15 to move up, I think we could do it with a lesser player/pick package.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:57 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
We'd be flipping import picks, whereas when we traded Wilson it was for the #7 overall without giving up a close import pick back.

I think Clarke would be too much to go up 6 spots. I'd move Clarke to move up to #3 or #6 but keeping our #15 import.

If we're including #15 to move up, I think we could do it with a lesser player/pick package.
London moved up 24 spots last year it cost them NHL draft pick Reid McNeill, 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick. May cost a bit to move up even if it's only 6 or 9 slots.

Old
05-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
London moved up 24 spots last year it cost them NHL draft pick Reid McNeill, 2nd round pick and 3rd round pick. May cost a bit to move up even if it's only 6 or 9 slots.
24 vs 9 spots is a big difference, and I think we could probably only get as high as 9 as Kingston will look to keep their pick. McNeill was a 6th round NHL pick - not anything to write home about, a solid stay at home type in the CHL.

Devlin, 15th overall Import and a 3rd to move up six spots if we have it worked out that the guy we want would be there and #9.

Clarke could very well be our second line center if Khokhlachev doesn't come back.

Last edited by Ottomatic: 05-26-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old
05-26-2012, 07:20 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
24 vs 9 spots is a big difference, and I think we could probably only get as high as 9 as Kingston will look to keep their pick. McNeill was a 6th round NHL pick - not anything to write home about, a solid stay at home type in the CHL.

Devlin, 15th overall Import and a 3rd to move up six spots if we have it worked out that the guy we want would be there and #9.

Clarke could very well be our second line center if Khokhlachev doesn't come back.
9th belongs to the Petes! Petes don't need a d-Man. Would have to be Clarke in the deal. Plus I think Reid is trading the pick away to Sudbury.

Old
05-26-2012, 07:23 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
9th belongs to the Petes! Petes don't need a d-Man. Would have to be Clarke in the deal. Plus I think Reid is trading the pick away to Sudbury.
If Clarke would be included it would be Clarke alone for the 9th, not any flipping of picks. Clarke and #15 for #9 would be a huge overpay.

Old
05-26-2012, 07:45 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
If Clarke would be included it would be Clarke alone for the 9th, not any flipping of picks. Clarke and #15 for #9 would be a huge overpay.
Clarke, #15 for #9 and Trojanovic back?!

Old
05-26-2012, 09:11 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Clarke, #15 for #9 and Trojanovic back?!
I'd take Trojanovic back in a heartbeat, not sure if I'd do it for that price though. I loved the way he took care of business when Athanasiou put him grill first into the boards, and he looked really good before we dealt him. Is he not progressing for you guys or what?

Closed Thread