HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2012, 09:15 PM
defensehockey19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I'd take Trojanovic back in a heartbeat, not sure if I'd do it for that price though. I loved the way he took care of business when Athanasiou put him grill first into the boards, and he looked really good before we dealt him. Is he not progressing for you guys or what?
Liability defensively, gets beat wide nightly on the rush.. Never throws a body check.. And hasn't done all that much offensively to make up for not being physical/defensive. I hope he is dealt for picks personally.

Last edited by defensehockey19: 05-26-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old
05-27-2012, 01:14 AM
cfaub

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Good question,also consider as I mentioned before Windsor may deal both 1st rd picks for the euro draft for next year as they have theirs and NF picks
Ideally I would like to see Windsor with 2 picks in the top 9 or 12,even if it means trading Pavelka,their 1st this year and next yrs 2 euro 1st rd picks
It may come time to wheel and deal,rychel has done it in the past
To me it sounds as if Windsor will be looking at trying to draft two imports this year, which I agree with. The problem is does Windsor have the assets and will the Soo and the Petes be willing to deal their picks?

The Soo will likely have an open import spot. Will they take Pavelka as part of a deal for the 12th spot? Would it cost Windsor their own pick as well? Next year's picks are no problem as far as Windsor dealing both their own and Niagara's if they can keep the 15th pick this year.

Are the Petes going to deal their pick at 9? They have two imports listed as 93s. Are they both returning or are they looking to open up a spot and use their pick? Would the two picks next year along with other assets get a deal done with Windsor again retaining the 15th pick this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
9th belongs to the Petes! Petes don't need a d-Man. Would have to be Clarke in the deal. Plus I think Reid is trading the pick away to Sudbury.
If this is the case, Petes moving their pick to Sudbury could there be a deal in the works between Windsor and Sudbury as well? Wasn't there speculation at the deadline of a deal between Windsor and Sudbury for Khokhlachev? If Khokhlachev returns could there still be another deal between these two if they picked up the Petes import pick at 9th? Unless Mattsson returns as an OA in goal Sudbury would have two import spots open so I doubt this would happen unless they really wanted Khokholachev.

Just idle speculation but this situation with Khokhlachev really messes things up. Regardless of who is at fault I would imagine Windsor is pretty unhappy with both sides since they are left in the middle. I doubt this is settled before the NHL draft either.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:31 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I'd take Trojanovic back in a heartbeat, not sure if I'd do it for that price though. I loved the way he took care of business when Athanasiou put him grill first into the boards, and he looked really good before we dealt him. Is he not progressing for you guys or what?
No chance in Hades would Trojanovic be reaquired
My guess is spits mge would rather have Jordan Nolan and Zack Kassian back before him
He unfortunately has not improved enough to be considered a legitimate prospect pro wise

Old
05-27-2012, 12:12 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

When will they be announcing the hosts of the 2014 Memorial Cup? Doesn't that happen before or after the game tonight?

Old
05-27-2012, 01:06 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
When will they be announcing the hosts of the 2014 Memorial Cup? Doesn't that happen before or after the game tonight?
Not until the late playoffs next year for 2014 decision/announcement.

Or are you trying to be funny?

Old
05-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Ottomatic

What would you rather have -

London wins Memorial Cup, Devils win Stanley Cup or Knights lose and Devils lose?

I think this is an easy question really - Get Henri's name on the Stanley Cup.

But I have a feelings worst case will happen with Knights winning and Kings winning.

Old
05-27-2012, 01:11 PM
big papa

Quote:
Its Usually Around the start of playoffs or the end. I think Saskatoon was Announced early this year

Old
05-27-2012, 01:15 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
Its Usually Around the start of playoffs or the end. I think Saskatoon was Announced early this year

Yes it's in Saskatoon. The announcement is made well before the tournament so the next years host can attend the tournament and meet with the organizers and start the process.

Old
05-27-2012, 01:25 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Thanks guys. Not being funny. Just asking, because I wasn't sure if it was at the Mem. Cup or not. As far as we know, who's in the running? Windsor, Soo, London, Kingston?

Old
05-27-2012, 01:28 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
What would you rather have -

London wins Memorial Cup, Devils win Stanley Cup or Knights lose and Devils lose?

I think this is an easy question really - Get Henri's name on the Stanley Cup.

But I have a feelings worst case will happen with Knights winning and Kings winning.
Loktionov may have his name on the cup he could dress for a Stanley Cup Finals game which would make him eligible. He barely misses the 41 game requirement he played in 39.

Old
05-27-2012, 01:35 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Thanks guys. Not being funny. Just asking, because I wasn't sure if it was at the Mem. Cup or not. As far as we know, who's in the running? Windsor, Soo, London, Kingston?
Windsor and London for sure
You can probably add Kitchener,maybe Guelph
I doubt the Sault gets any consideration,while Kingston appears headed to have one of best teams in the east 2 years hence,I doubt they get much consideration because of crowd considerations,and their failure to support other CHL events

Old
05-27-2012, 02:47 PM
jughead42

Quite honestly if London bids to host the cup we should probably just withdraw our bid. It was already labeled by Branch as the center of the hockey universe, so we know how things are going to play out. The bid process is a sham. They've already hosted it recently and I don't think an automatic cup birth is something that should be given out like candy on halloween to a fat kid with 2 garbage bags.

Let's not forget former Spitfire Jordan Nolan who might get his name on the cup if LA wins. Everybody wants to root for him right? Personally I think I'd rather London and Jersey lose if it came down to it. I like Henrique, and I'd love for Brodeur to get another cup ring to take old Pat Roy down another peg or two, but I really don't want to see the Knights celebrating anything tonight, especially since they are riding on the back of one of my favorite former players, Austin Watson. Screw that. Henrique is young, he'll have another crack at that cup before its all said and done but the stink of another London cup would last for a while.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:04 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Windsor and London for sure
You can probably add Kitchener,maybe Guelph
I doubt the Sault gets any consideration,while Kingston appears headed to have one of best teams in the east 2 years hence,I doubt they get much consideration because of crowd considerations,and their failure to support other CHL events
I would think Erie will make an attempt to bid as well given their strong prospects and brand new arena. However it's highly unlikely they beat out London or Windsor for it.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:08 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I would think Erie will make an attempt to bid as well given their strong prospects and brand new arena. However it's highly unlikely they beat out London or Windsor for it.
Never happen. All of the Mem Cup long term big sponsors are Canadian based companies. At least that's what I've been told.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Libbs

Not to mention the nightmare of Sportsnet trying to get broadcasting rights in the US for junior games. there's a reason US based teams are never the home team on Friday Night Hockey.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:17 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Never happen. All of the Mem Cup long term big sponsors are Canadian based companies. At least that's what I've been told.
I know I agree completely, it is understandable from a business stand point but its a shame, Erie has an amazing atmosphere and it could succeed there just as much as London or Windsor. Obviously they would need to be much better but with 3 potential first round selections that will be on their team in 13-14 in McDavid, Harper, and Pelech this team should have a good year.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:20 PM
fanofdo

Quote:
Quite honestly if London bids to host the cup we should probably just withdraw our bid. It was already labeled by Branch as the center of the hockey universe, so we know how things are going to play out. The bid process is a sham. They've already hosted it recently and I don't think an automatic cup birth is something that should be given out like candy on halloween to a fat kid with 2 garbage bags.
In my opinion, this is Windsor's Cup to lose - as long as they can field a competetive team, and I have no doubt that they will be able to. I am not understanding people getting so bent out of shape over Branch's comments. He did it mainly to get applause and cheers.

As much as I would have liked to see the Cup in Windsor last year, it was really not a bad decision by the league to award to the Majors. Personally I think the OHL lost out on a nearly unrepeatable opportunity to have a three in a row winner, but there are other factors to consider.

I really do not see London, Kitchener or Guelph as competetors, based on their more recent hosting. To me the threat comes from the three American teams in the West and Kingston (yes I said Kingston) in the East (all again pending on fielding competetive teams).

In the end, should Windsor be the city of choice, the CHL will not be disappointed. The city will roll out the red carpet, the games will be sold out and the weather should make it a perfect week

Old
05-27-2012, 03:40 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofdo View Post
In my opinion, this is Windsor's Cup to lose - as long as they can field a competetive team, and I have no doubt that they will be able to. I am not understanding people getting so bent out of shape over Branch's comments. He did it mainly to get applause and cheers.
I can understand why people didn't like it. I didn't particularly care but that's Branch who panders to his audience. Other commissioners don't do that because they don't make it about themselves but that's what Branch does he makes it about himself.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:43 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:

As much as I would have liked to see the Cup in Windsor last year, it was really not a bad decision by the league to award to the Majors. Personally I think the OHL lost out on a nearly unrepeatable opportunity to have a three in a row winner, but there are other factors to consider.

I really do not see London, Kitchener or Guelph as competetors, based on their more recent hosting. To me the threat comes from the three American teams in the West and Kingston (yes I said Kingston) in the East (all again pending on fielding competetive teams).

In the end, should Windsor be the city of choice, the CHL will not be disappointed. The city will roll out the red carpet, the games will be sold out and the weather should make it a perfect week
I do not think Plymouth has the arena to host the Memorial Cup, I was there a few years back and its not up up tournament caliber in my opinion.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:49 PM
fanofdo

Quote:
I do not think Plymouth has the arena to host the Memorial Cup, I was there a few years back and its not up up tournament caliber in my opinion.
Don't disagree. It isn't the only arena in the Metro Detroit area. Given Plymouth's stellar record, if they put a package together in a larger arena (Joe Louis, Palace), they would be hard to turn down. Personally don't think it will happen, given that Plymouth has never shown interest.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:54 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Don't disagree. It isn't the only arena in the Metro Detroit area. Given Plymouth's stellar record, if they put a package together in a larger arena (Joe Louis, Palace), they would be hard to turn down. Personally don't think it will happen, given that Plymouth has never shown interest.
Ya i agree, they have the team to compete but its a matter of finding some where to play. Joe Louis may be near impossible to get considering the Red Wings could easily be playing at that time.

Old
05-27-2012, 04:36 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Ya i agree, they have the team to compete but its a matter of finding some where to play. Joe Louis may be near impossible to get considering the Red Wings could easily be playing at that time.
Joe Louis would never happen for that reason and don't forget Peter Karmanos and Mike Ilitch do not get along at all.

Old
05-27-2012, 05:19 PM
jughead42

I agree that the Plymouth arena is light years from being suitable for a memorial cup. As others have stated, the Joe is not going to be available. I'm not sure if enough interest could be generated to fill the palace way out in Auburn Hills, away from their small to begin with fan base. Sure people always travel to the cup, but would that happen if Plymouth were to host? Some from Windsor might go because we know Detroit isn't anywhere close to being the wasteland it's portrayed to be. However fans of visiting teams might not be so open minded if it means spending a week + there. I'm not saying Windsor is some sparkling civic utopia that's a visiting fan's dream, however it's not in another country completely. Same goes for Erie times about a thousand.

Old
05-27-2012, 05:58 PM
lazyboy

numerous legitimate twitter sources announcing that Pat Sieloff is on his way to the spitfires next year (including his own twitter handle)....sounds like a great 'get' for Rychel & co. and even better that it came on the day the knights go for it all

Old
05-27-2012, 06:08 PM
jughead42

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
numerous legitimate twitter sources announcing that Pat Sieloff is on his way to the spitfires next year (including his own twitter handle)....sounds like a great 'get' for Rychel & co. and even better that it came on the day the knights go for it all
This is nice. The writeup on him from the hockey news draft preview made him sound like a guy who really throws around the body. This helps to answer some big questions on that blue line for sure. Hopefully there's more on the way!

Closed Thread