HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do we Boo?

Old
05-03-2012, 07:24 PM
ILikeItILoveIt

vCash: 500
Do we Boo?

It's Game 4. We're pumped. Crowd going crazy. Rads and/or AK46 are in the line-up. One either gets announced as part of the starting line-up or comes out for his 1st shift.

Do we boo?

The natural reaction is going to be to boo. Should we?

It's a conflicting buzz-kill. Singling them out to send a message means we're booing our own side. If we cheer, as we normally would, then it could be interpreted as letting-bygones-be-bygones. Bad boys are off the hook.

The last thing we need is to sub-optimize our home ice advantage. A wild crowd in unison is a weapon. We need all our weapons. We need everyone who plays to play well.

But we're pissed at both of them and want them punished. Yet, if they feel remose and want to prove they're really team players, then they'll potentially bust it to win us back.

All that said, I'm afraid we'll boo. There's 50% we boo everytime one carries the puck. What a cancer that would be.

What's Pred fan to do? Maybe Trotz will wait until we're back in AZ to play them. Let them gain redemption at the scene of the crime.

Weigh in.

Boo
Cheer
Sit on your hands

p.s. - Maybe Trotz should have them come out by themselves, let the crowd get the boos out of the their system, let them go back into the clubhouse, and then have the whole team do their normal entrance.

ILikeItILoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:28 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

This is one of those times I wish everyone would organize and get a beer in a can. If they're announced, pop the top in unison.

I never boo anyone other than the opposition. The worst I'd do is lighten the clapping for a moment. If that. By that point in the evening I'm pretty far gone from my angry, non-game-day self.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:30 PM
dulzhok

Depends on what they did. 30 min late for crew. Mehh.

Feeding poisonous candy to children at 4AM. Yes.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
PredsChik

Cheer.

They're Predators. I'm not goingto the games and cheerig for a certain line up to win it all, I'm cheering for te Predators to win it all.

Whether the starting line up has Radulov or A-tit or Tootoo or Yip, they're in gold and are fighting for us.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

There's indications they won't be in the lineup tomorrow. They've already got alot of heat for the incident, they've sat out at least one game... They also got an earful from teammates (or at least Radulov got one from Tootoo). Will it help the Preds win?

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Absolutely not.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:34 PM
NoNecksCurse

ill boo

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:38 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Estrada View Post
There's indications they won't be in the lineup tomorrow. They've already got alot of heat for the incident, they've sat out at least one game... They also got an earful from teammates (or at least Radulov got one from Tootoo). Will it help the Preds win?
Tootoo maybe a biased party. If they play, he probably sits. I would not be surprised if he's trying to get under Radulov's skin just like does the opposition.

I'd like to see both Radulov and Tootoo in though. If Halishuk in injured, it becomes an easier decision.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:39 PM
predfan98

I won't boo.... but people will.... people booed him during the intro video last night before the game...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:40 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

No. They broke the rules, they served their punishment, let's move on.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Agree ^^ They're Preds and missed their game. Cheer!

AtlantaWhaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 07:59 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

Agreed, wfome. There is no reason to boo the guys. They made a mistake. They have been punished for it. I hope they aren't booed

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

I will not boo them. I may not scream and cheer for them if either is in the lineup but once the game starts I cheer for every player in gold.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:47 PM
AEM6729

No booing. Maybe lighten up the clapping, as someone else said. But generally speaking, if the team forgives them then so do I.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:13 PM
BourqueBourqueBork

Only reason to boo them is if they play and don't give effort. Booing a home team guy before the game starts is classless.

They got their punishment. If they want to play, they'll have to earn it. It won't help their cause if they feel like the fans are against them.

BourqueBourqueBork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Qui Gon Dave

I'm glad to see that the general opinion on this matter is to try and accept them back into the team (whenever that happens) in an 'if you can't say anything nice about them, don't say anything at all' sort of way. My favourite comment on the issue came, I think, from Poile when he compared them to two children who had done something wrong. To paraphrase: you are disappointed in them and you punish them for what they've done, but they are still a part of your family and you still love them. A family is a good basis for how to build a team. At any time, someone could let you down on or off the ice, but as a family you deal with it, you stay close together and you move forward together having learned from the experience. At the very least it seems a good way to build a team to me.

As a Habs fan, we seem to have a constant stream of issues cropping up from the serious to the minor to the downright farcical. And though it may be an extremely obvious thing to say, the longer the fans/media/team allow something to be a distraction, the longer it will prove to be one. If the Preds want to move onto great things, it'll almost certainly help to move past this issue first. Hopefully both guys respond positively while waiting for their chance to come back, as well as once they are back and Nashville can, as a team, a city and a fanbase, move on to those great things they wish to accomplish.

As a side issue, hands up everyone who has ordered one of these in the last few days with Rads or AKs name and numbers on?

Lets go Beer Kings Lets Go

Qui Gon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:47 PM
NoNecksCurse

I'm obviously very childish and classless... lol

like I said, I dont want them playing ever again. we did fine without them in game 3. hopefully trotz doesn't give me the chance to boo ..

NoNecksCurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 09:50 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

No, they are part of the team. Won't boo them.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:16 PM
token grinder

how about we cheer them, and when they pot goals 5 and 6 past smith we boo.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:17 PM
drwpreds

Absolutely, positively, NO WAY you boo them- I can't believe even a single Preds fan would say otherwise......

So, if you boo Rads in the pregame, and he winds up starting the game and scores a goal in the first minute of the game, do you boo then, too??

drwpreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Why be stupid and hateful? They made a mistake ... **** happens

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:14 PM
adsfan

I don't believe in booing the home team. Maybe if a player was accused of killing somebody (like Ray Lewis), that might be different. For that player or those players, I will sit on my hands (if I was in Nashville) and be quiet. Maybe I will cheer even louder for their teammates to underscore my unhappiness with them.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:30 PM
tnvol

Sure. Go ahead and boo your team. That will be one hell of a confidence boost for the team.

tnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:14 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

"sitting on your hands" is the right answer. Don't boo them because that's somewhat ignorant to an extent. You can be pissed at them, but don't ruin the home ice momentum we have in the stands. That doesn't mean you've gotta cheer though. Let them win you back. Just be apathetic to it. Just continue to cheer for everyone else.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:02 AM
gratefulpred
Thread Killer

Won't be at the this one (got my tix for game 6 thought) but if I were I would just sit on my hands when they are announced. Never boo your own team, NEVER.

gratefulpred is offline   Reply With Quote