HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Early May mock draft with trades

Old
05-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Zeroknowledge*

vCash: 500
Early May mock draft with trades

1- Oilers - Ryan Murray: Oilers think of trading down but finally select the last big piece missing for the rebuild, Murray will be ready as soon as next year and play 20 minutes a game.

Jackets trade the 2nd pick to Montreal for the 3rd pick and Montreal's 2nd round pick along with the rights to Danni Kristo.

2- Canadiens - Nail Yakupov: Habs select a franchise winger that might have seen his stock fall off a bit due to a concussion and a below average playoff performance, Habs hope he is completely ready to play with Plekanec next year.

3- Jackets - Teuvo Teravainen: The Jackets surprise some people here but at the same time make a great pick, Teuvo's stock has been on a massive rise lately and his play at the U18's made him a top 5 pick for many teams, Jackets select him on being a top forward with no injury issues and no concerns on either side of the rink.

4- Islanders - Matthew Dumba: The Islanders have a big need defensively, after Hamonic it's pretty average. Dumba is a Dman that loves to take risks, he needs more time to polish his game but the comparisons to PK Subban are spot on and that is great value at 4.

5- Leafs - Alex Galchenyuk: Burke gets his player, if it wasn't for his injury Galchenyuk would have probably went in the top 3, he is a hard worker though and will most likely prevail as a first line forward.

6- Ducks - Filip Forsberg: Ducks get lucky, having Forsberg fall into their laps, a D would probably make more sense here but this is a solid case of drafting the BPA.

Tampa Bay trades for the 7th pick, they give up their 10th pick, a 2nd and a 4th .

7- Lightning - Morgan Rielly: Tampa trades up and picks their guy, solid puck mover with untapped potential, reminds scouts of a better skating Duncan Keith.

8- Hurricanes - Griffin Reinhart: They draft 2 D's 2 years in a row, but they are very different players, Reinhart has been compared to a young Ed Jovanovski, all he needs is to start using his body more and he will thrive.

9- Jets - Jacob Trouba: The Jets steal the Wild's pick at 9, Trouba is a great talent that is perhaps one year away from an NHL job, as raw as he is watching him play at the World Juniors was a treat he played with such composure and was the US team's best player.

10- Wild - Olli Maatta: After losing Trouba the Wild go for the next D on their list and select Maatta, a player that has been so consistent this year in his first year in North America, he also gets to play with fellow Fins Koivu and Granlund down the line.

11- Capitals - Mikhail Grigorenko: Their Russian experiment has not been so good to this point but hey... They won't pass on Grigorenko here, maybe by accumulating all these Russians, just maybe Kuznetsov eventually decides to join the party.

12- Sabres - Hampus Lindholm: Buffalo reaches for a player who has seen his stock increase lately, had a great year in Sweden and most tourneys, has a great frame and defensively plays with lots of poise.

13- Stars - Radek Faksa: Dallas goes for the big center here, might never be a star player but he will be a very similar player to a Michal Handzus type. Big frame solid 2 way and doesn't shy away from the physical side of the game.

14- Flames - Cody Ceci: Calgary gets lucky and lands Ceci at 14, they need prospects at all positions and they need to select the BPA at any cost.

15- Senators - Sebastien Collberg: The Sens keep on stockpiling talented Swedes, Collberg is a top 5-10 player this year if you only consider talent and will be well surrounded down the line in Ottawa.

16- Capitals - Derrick Pouliot: After landing Grigs with their first pick they go for Pouliot here. Very solid PMD that can perhaps run a powerplay, grat value at 16.

17- Panthers - Brendan Gaunce: A Dale Tallon type of pick, Gaunce has fallen a bit buy it was to be expected most scouts see his upside as a 2nd or 3rd line center, won't ever be a top line producer but will nonetheless be a solid contributor wherever he ends up.

The JAckets trade their pick to the Devils in return for New Jersey's first and 2nd picks.

18- Devils - Zemgus Girgensons: Lou goes for a Devils hockey type of player and selects Girgensons, a two way player that is implicated in all aspects of the game, has the potential to be a very solid 2nd line center.

19- Sharks - Malcolm Subban: They have been having goaltending woes for a while, they decide to go for Subban her, Vasilevski and Dansk are probably considered too, but Subban is the safest pick from all 3 goalies, not necessarily the best.

20- Coyotes- Tomas Hertl: Big hulking winger that plays with his body, if he could learn from Hanzal it will do wonders to the type of player he is.

Hawks trade their pick to Vancouver for Vancouver's first and 2nd picks.

21- Canucks - Dalton Thrower: after taking beatdowns year in year out, they traded for Kassian and now they draft Thrower, a rugged D man that will drop the gloves and play a solid defensive game.

22- Jackets - Ludvig Bystrom: Opting to pass on a goalie they select the best D available at 22, Vasilevki or Dansk would also have to be considered but they are very long term projects.

23- Lightning - Andrei Vasilevski: Glad to Columbus passed on him Tampa grabs Vasilevski gladly, has already shown tremendous skill, coming over might pose an issue, but that is at least 3,4 years down the line.

24- Bruins - Slater Koekkoek: Most people have him going to Boston and it does make sense both from a need and BPA perspective, his style of play also fits great with Bruins Hockey.

25- Penguins - Tom Wilson: Pens select a player that down the line will protect their star players and perhaps contribute, they hope he turns into a Lucic kind of player but the odds are slim.

26- Blackhawks - Oscar Dansk: Potentially the best goalie from this year's crop but gets less hype, Chicago has a major need a goalie and decide not to risk it and pick him here.

27- Sabres - Matt Finn: Another case of a player falling into a team's lap, BPA too.

28- Flyers - Mark Jankowski: Philly reaches a bit but they always do go for these obscure guys that get the least chatter but they always nail it, this might be another case of that.

29- Blues - Stefan Matteau: Most likely a future third liner but also a character player that fits Ken Hitchcock's style of hockey, plays a physical game and can score a couple, solid pick here.

30- Rangers - Nicolas Kerdiles: A scoring center with a decent frame, the kind of player that always get selected by the Rangers. Is very raw and needs years before stepping into an NHL rink.

Zeroknowledge* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

No way the Oil take Murray #1. Yakupov all the way

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:06 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
No way the Oil take Murray #1. Yakupov all the way
There's been lots of chit chat that they have insisted on getting Murray to the World championships's, if that is a case then it's definitely a possibility. they are fully aware that Yakupov might be a franchise forward, Murray might also be a franchise defenseman, they already have a couple franchise forwards on the other hand franchise defenseman are impossible to trade for.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:39 AM
wreckingcru

Murray

I do not see it. I see Oilers trading first overall.

wreckingcru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 226
Habs fan making a mock draft do the Habs get Yakupov... Lol

Were taking Yakupov thanks

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 01:45 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

yeah sorry but this is kinda messed. 2 biggest flaws is murray #1 and the wild trading their pick. if the wild can draft reilly, i think they would be very happy to get him

keppel146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:04 PM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
Absolutely no way Edmonton passes on Yakupov. This I can say with certainty. Even if they need Murray, they'll trade down and add assets if they feel they need to do so. There's also the issue of giving a player who has done enough to deserve that honor of being picked first to get the recognition he rightfully deserves. Even is they didn't want to pick him just because they thought he sucks compared to other prospects. You would expect a club to trade down just out of respect.

That said. Forsberg to the Ducks? Trouba to the Jets? WOOOOOO.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 02:21 PM
Zeroknowledge*

I think Edmonton might be dead set on Murray, I also believe Columbus will not go for a Russian player this year so they won't trade for the 1st pick, I also think if Murray is available at 2 Columbus grabs him so that's why I have Murray going first. Oilers might not be able to land him if they do draft down, again this is simply on the assumption that they've been scouting him a lot and have made all necessary efforts to have him in the WC's.

On the other hand we've heard that they haven't really been in touch with the Yakupov.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:22 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
I think Edmonton might be dead set on Murray, I also believe Columbus will not go for a Russian player this year so they won't trade for the 1st pick, I also think if Murray is available at 2 Columbus grabs him so that's why I have Murray going first. Oilers might not be able to land him if they do draft down, again this is simply on the assumption that they've been scouting him a lot and have made all necessary efforts to have him in the WC's.

On the other hand we've heard that they haven't really been in touch with the Yakupov.
No they are not. A lot of other teams are scouting murray. Just because Lowe is the gm, doesn't mean it was his decision.

HOMER DRAFT, IS HOMER DRAFT!!!

Johnny Bravo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 05:33 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

ya, san jose actually doesnt need a goalie prospect. we have 3 potential starters that just need time, we do need a forward prospect like gaunce though

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-01-2012, 11:49 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
FFS the absolute LAST thing thing the Sharks need is another goaltending prospect. We have Greiss, Stalock, Sateri, Sexsmith, Anderson, Heemskerk need I go on? Plus Niemi isn't as bad as everyone seems to think. Jeez. For anyone thinking of doing a Mock, the Sharks will be taking a boom-bust forward unless Ryan Murray (or another extreme talent) somehow falls to them.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Vsevolod Bobrov
Burn the boats !

Vsevolod Bobrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:30 AM
canada eh

so dany kristo + teravainen = yak?

canada eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:38 AM
Bernier the Boats
Formerly BBurke

The trade up would cost way more from mtl

Bernier the Boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:38 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
wait wait wait... you seriously think the Canes would pass on Grigorenko with how long they've been in need of a #2 centerman?

don't see the Oilers going with anyone other then Nail either unless they can get a kings ransom from the Habs or Jackets to trade down.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:16 AM
OfWolfAndMan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 506
...remind me again why Edmonton doesn't trade down to #2 and get assets from Montreal so they can STILL get Murray?

OfWolfAndMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:54 AM
Zeroknowledge*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG View Post
wait wait wait... you seriously think the Canes would pass on Grigorenko with how long they've been in need of a #2 centerman?

don't see the Oilers going with anyone other then Nail either unless they can get a kings ransom from the Habs or Jackets to trade down.
I see a lot of teams passing on Grigorenko, come draft day and you can quote me back in June. As far as the Oilers go most insiders seem to indicate like Ryan Murray has been Edmonton's main target even after winning the lottery, and the reason they won't trade down to get him is that the Jackets might actually grab him even with Yakupov available. The Russian factor, concussion and very average playoffs have cooled down Yakupov's hype.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:02 AM
DuckJet
Destiny pls

vCash: 69
That doesn't mean he's not the best player available. What exactly did Ryan Murray do down the stretch that makes him so much better than Nail?

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroknowledge View Post
I see a lot of teams passing on Grigorenko, come draft day and you can quote me back in June. As far as the Oilers go most insiders seem to indicate like Ryan Murray has been Edmonton's main target even after winning the lottery, and the reason they won't trade down to get him is that the Jackets might actually grab him even with Yakupov available. The Russian factor, concussion and very average playoffs have cooled down Yakupov's hype.
No way Grigorenko drops past 5. He was recently diagnosed with mono and it is thought that he has been playing through it since Christmas and is why scouts have questioned his compete level and why they called him lazy.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:19 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

Nail's playoffs are the biggest reason I think the Oilers will try to trade down if they're sold on Murray. Frankly it's the biggest reason I was down on Nail but I've just noticed other question marks (to me) as well. But still, the guy's the top prospect this year regardless of everything else, if you're going in another direction (Murray), you make a trade with whoever has the next pick if they want him. Very least they'll get is the #2 or 3, a 2nd, and a nice (but not top end) prospect.

FWIW, you're the first I've seen having Teravainen going that high in a mock, but I'm prettymuch in agreement as to where I'd rank him this year. He's this years Jeff Skinner, a guy that will probably go in the 7-10 range, but proves to be one of the top 3 players from the entire draft in short order. I think he's the best playmaker in the entire draft.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Kulemon

Quote:
Nail's playoffs are the biggest reason I think the Oilers will try to trade down if they're sold on Murray. Frankly it's the biggest reason I was down on Nail but I've just noticed other question marks (to me) as well. But still, the guy's the top prospect this year regardless of everything else, if you're going in another direction (Murray), you make a trade with whoever has the next pick if they want him. Very least they'll get is the #2 or 3, a 2nd, and a nice (but not top end) prospect.

FWIW, you're the first I've seen having Teravainen going that high in a mock, but I'm prettymuch in agreement as to where I'd rank him this year. He's this years Jeff Skinner, a guy that will probably go in the 7-10 range, but proves to be one of the top 3 players from the entire draft in short order. I think he's the best playmaker in the entire draft.
Galchenyuk and Grigorenko are probably better playmakers and prospects than Teravainen easily. But that's not a knock on him.

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:57 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

Grigorenko could be depending on how much his mono affected him this season, I'm not entirely sure on Galchenyuk but it's quite possible. But yeah, when it comes to the top 5 forwards in this draft they're all damn good. My only knock on this draft as a whole is that I just don't see the tremendous depth this year that we've been spoiled by the past 4 drafts or so.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Matty K

Lol at Sabres taking Lindholm...

Sabres need Centers!

Lindholm=Persson 2.0

Matty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:12 PM
PaulSedin
#lydia2012

Teuvo is good i can see him going 7th but no higher

PaulSedin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:33 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:

Yakupov may be the number 1 draft pick (rankings), but it isn't by much. With Murray playing at the WHC, it can vastly increase his "love"

I'd feel more comfortable staying at 3rd overall and taking Gally/Grigs/Forsberg/whomever than paying out the ass to get Yakupov.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote