Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Top 10 Finnish Forwards

Old
05-01-2012, 11:00 AM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Top 10 Finnish Forwards

Two centers and nine wingers currently comprise the contingent of forwards with NHL ties that skated in Finland's SM-Liiga this past season.

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:31 AM
Tormentor

Not the easiest top-10 to make, but personally I’d have Salomäki at 3rd after Mikael Granlund and Armia. He doesn’t have the highest upside, but I think there’s a fair chance that he develops into a valuable 3rd liner who helps his team win games. Markus Granlund would probably be 4th for me at the moment, that’s mostly because he’s younger and I still have some faith left in his ability to improve noticeably.

I wouldn’t have Pakarinen quite that high, my feeling is that his upside is a borderline NHL’er. Pulkkinen seemed to regress a bit as a player, not a good sign for a player who still has plenty of work to do. We need to see a step to a right direction from him next season. I guess there’s still a 3% chance that he develops into a top-6 NHL forward. Towards the end of the season Ruuttu was bypassed by three younger undrafted forwards in the Jokerit depth chart; Teräväinen, Henritius and Hännikäinen. I guess that tells something about the player, he also needs to step up his game.

Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:42 PM
gib

Thanks again for the article Tony. I always read your articles and I think it's great that someone puts effort into writing reports about finnish prospects in english.

Like Tornmentor, I would also put Salomäki on 3rd place. In my mind he's the most likely player after Granlund to make career in NHL. Armia has top end talent, but there are too many question marks will he ever make succesful career in north america. I would also drop Donskoi to 8th place in my list. I just see him a player who will make good career in Europe, but nothing more. This is just my opinnion and to be honest I dont have that good sampling of Donskoi's games.

gib is offline   Reply With Quote