HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov and Kostitisyn scratched for game 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 03:31 PM
gopreds19
Formerly gobears19

vCash: 500
According to OntheForecheck, the lines today were:

S. Kostitsyn - Fisher - Erat
Bourque - Legwand - Hornqvist
Yip - Spaling - Smith
Halischuk - Gaustad - Tootoo
A. Kostitsyn - McGrattan - Radulov
-----------

My question is, where is Wilson. Please get Yip the hell out of the lineup and insert Wilson.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:34 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Something boiling in me says this decision was made and done by these two because they knew this thing with the Preds was part time with nothing to lose. I am not sure if i want them two ever on the ice again in Gold and Blue.
I never do!!

they will not even get a hand clap from me if they ever play again. I hope they don't.

id rather lose with tootoo and halischuk than win with radulov and ak.

I'm seriously speechless at their actions... its something I would have done 4 years ago before church on sunday.... and im not a professional athlete making millions...

Old
05-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Cashville
RIP Lindback

vCash: 1225
I made a longer post in the Stanley Cup Playoffs Forum thread, but I'm actually feeling pretty good about game 3. Halischuk needs to get in there; guy was good for some clutch plays in last year's playoffs and he's a solid two-way forward.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post

Yip - Spaling - Smith
-----------

My question is, where is Wilson. Please get Yip the hell out of the lineup and insert Wilson.
sorry bud. yip ain't going nowhere. trotz fell in love....

even worse he is on the third line with spaling and smith.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:36 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Why weren't they suspended for game two if this happenned on Saturday night?

05-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Legionnaire11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
sorry bud. yip ain't going nowhere. trotz fell in love....

even worse he is on the third line with spaling and smith.
Hali-Spaling-Smith would look a lot better if it's not going to be Wilson-Spaling-Smith. But it looks like Trotz will be rolling 4 lines rather than shorten the bench. So we'll see how that works, i'm optimistic.

Old
AEM6729

Quote:
Who cares about the distance between two cities in Arizona. The fact is two players that we got basically for the playoffs are not serious about winning in Nashville. If i was Trotz i would have a very hard decision to make on whether they ever play in another game with the Predators. We won a lot of games this year without them.
Man this thing is just getting further off the tracks. Go ahead and call this week the new biggest week in franchise history. Sucks to be Trotz and Poile right now. I know AK and Rads are grown men but where was the leadership of Weber, Suter, and Fisher?
WTF, do you think everyone on the team runs their plans by everyone else? Like Rads and AK are going to ask the leadership's permission? Yeah right. If I want to go out drinking and I have a few friends who don't drink, I'm probably not going to invite them or say anything about it...I'm just gonna go out with my drinking friends and get my fun on. And what would you have Weber, Suter and Fisher do...lock Rads and AK in their rooms? Even if they had told them about it beforehand, not much can be done about it except expressing your disapproval.

I am curious though what Weber and Suter think about this. They were close to Rads when he was here the first time, and Weber has said he spoke with Rads while he was in the KHL, trying to convince him to come back here. Now here he is, and he's acting like a toolbag. To be a fly in the wall in that locker room...

Old
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by JawandaPuck View Post
Probably because Poile and Trotz didn't know about it, or hadn't confirmed it, until after the game.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:40 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
Hali-Spaling-Smith would look a lot better if it's not going to be Wilson-Spaling-Smith. But it looks like Trotz will be rolling 4 lines rather than shorten the bench. So we'll see how that works, i'm optimistic.
definitely. if no wilson thats exactly what my third line would be.... but of course we have yip.. so hali to the fourth line with goose and toots. sigh..

Old
05-01-2012, 03:41 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Why does this matter or the distance from one Arizona city to the other.. The main problem is we had two players who were out partying past a curfew set by the coaching staff. THAT IS THE PROBLEM NOT THE OTHER TWO MENTIONED IN THE FIRST SENTENCE!

Old
05-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds19 View Post

Yip - Spaling - Smith
-----------

According to the preds main website Wilson was practicing on the Gaustad line aswell.

http://predators.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=630302

Quote:
Practice lines
White jerseys: Mike Fisher with Sergei Kostitsyn and Martin Erat
White jerseys: David Legwand with Gabriel Bourque and Patric Hornqvist
Silver jerseys: Nick Spaling with Brandon Yip and Craig Smith
Silver jerseys: Paul Gaustad with Matt Halischuk, Jordin Tootoo and Colin Wilson
Gold jerseys: Andrei Kostitsyn, Brian McGrattan, Alexander Radulov

Old
05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
WTF, do you think everyone on the team runs their plans by everyone else? Like Rads and AK are going to ask the leadership's permission? Yeah right. If I want to go out drinking and I have a few friends who don't drink, I'm probably not going to invite them or say anything about it...I'm just gonna go out with my drinking friends and get my fun on. And what would you have Weber, Suter and Fisher do...lock Rads and AK in their rooms? Even if they had told them about it beforehand, not much can be done about it except expressing your disapproval.

I am curious though what Weber and Suter think about this. They were close to Rads when he was here the first time, and Weber has said he spoke with Rads while he was in the KHL, trying to convince him to come back here. Now here he is, and he's acting like a toolbag. To be a fly in the wall in that locker room...
mod edit

It is called accountability. Players who respect the team, coaches, management, and the team leaders do not do things like this. If you have good leadership this kind of thing rarely happens and it definatly would not happen with so much on the line in the playoffs.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:51 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Why does this matter or the distance from one Arizona city to the other.. The main problem is we had two players who were out partying past a curfew set by the coaching staff. THAT IS THE PROBLEM NOT THE OTHER TWO MENTIONED IN THE FIRST SENTENCE!
The timing is relevant in case mgmt decided on Sunday to look the other way. But with nothing to lose now, let the two of them really have it, and see if this thing can be used to jolt the team into playing better.

Unlikely that mgmt would do that, but might have crossed somd people's minds.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:54 PM
predfan98

Quote:
The timing is relevant in case mgmt decided on Sunday to look the other way. But with nothing to lose now, let the two of them really have it, and see if this thing can be used to jolt the team into playing better.

no way trotz and poile looked the other way then and then changed their mind... no way.

there was no morning skate on Sunday....so until the bus left the hotel around 2 local time....very possible no one saw them...

so who took a pic of them and how did it get out?

world is a smaller place when people have smartphones...

Old
05-01-2012, 03:55 PM
VFL615*

Quote:

The timing issue and distance just seems like a screen to devert attention away from the real problem. Who cares.

Old
05-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Juneemoon

I'm sure this has put Sergei in an awkward position...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...yssey=nav|head

Quote:
Forward Sergei Kostitsyn said his brother and Radulov have showed some remorse. Radulov said he had apologized in front of the team.

“It’s a team decision. It doesn’t matter if it’s a brother, teammate or a friend,” Sergei Kostitsyn said. “It’s the coach’s decision who to put on the ice. For sure (Andrei) wants to play. Him and Rads, they want to play. It’s playoffs; we’re down 2-0.”

Old
05-01-2012, 04:05 PM
octopi

vCash: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicSlap View Post
Just wondering why if they were drinking the night before game 2 they're suspended for game 3 and not game 2...
Perhaps the team was unaware of it till later, or unaware of all the facts.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:06 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneemoon View Post
I'm sure this has put Sergei in an awkward position...

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...yssey=nav|head
Yeah everyone is sorry after they are caught and held accountable. Lame! If they cared about the team and its success more than getting their rocks off for personal gain it would of never happened. Shows where they stand and i would be very tempted to send them packing telling them not to let the door hit them on the buttocks

Old
05-01-2012, 04:15 PM
preds1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
definitely. if no wilson thats exactly what my third line would be.... but of course we have yip.. so hali to the fourth line with goose and toots. sigh..
Absolutely agree with that.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:18 PM
Legionnaire11

speaking of Gaustad...

wouldn't we all trade Gaustad and a 6th for Smithson and a 1st right now? I get the blocking Detroit angle, but in hindsight we probably beat them even if they have Gaustad.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
dulzhok

Sergei was probably there, he was just wearing his frequently used invisibility cloak.

This is a very bold move, not just for game 3. It could have serious implications on Radulov's future in North America AND his trade value around the NHL (and subsequently our assets).

As for AK, he's scored a couple timely goals, but has been virtually worthless the other 95% of the time.

I hope Poile know what he's doing.

And yes, Wilson needs to stay in the lineup.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:30 PM
Nitrous Mafia

i take it that vfl and noneckscurse are not collegiate sports fans.

or else they would be melting like this every other week.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:31 PM
PanniniClaus

Given Sergei's penchant for liquor and ****** I find it absolutely amazing he was not out with the other pair.

Old
05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Anyone who thinks that keeping rads after this is is going to be easy is just crazy. In russia, he is a rockstar who is pampered with star treatment and can get away with smacking a coach in the face with a stick

I don't see him stating AND I don't see Suter staying. With this new development with AK, we could lose him as well and who knows about SK. not convinced wilson and blum want to stick around either but they have little leverage. Same with lindback.

We could seriously have a major roster turn next year...

Old
05-01-2012, 04:42 PM
la flama blanca

Not that they care right now (they will one day) but that night on the town cost them, mainly Rads a nice chunk of change in future salary potentially a million+, hopefully it was worth it

Closed Thread