HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov and Kostitisyn scratched for game 4

Closed Thread

Old
05-01-2012, 04:50 PM
WartracePred

vCash: 500
When we acquired AK46 I wondered if having guys with the same culture and language may influence Radulov's return. I suppose it did, but not the way I had hoped. I doubt either of these two stays out all night w/ other guys on the team (except maybe SK74).

Old
05-01-2012, 04:52 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire11 View Post
speaking of Gaustad...

wouldn't we all trade Gaustad and a 6th for Smithson and a 1st right now? I get the blocking Detroit angle, but in hindsight we probably beat them even if they have Gaustad.
I was ecstatic when we traded smithson (still am that he is gone) but yes, in hindsight, knowing what we know with both our series so far... id take smithson back for a 1st round pick

Old
05-01-2012, 04:54 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
i take it that vfl and noneckscurse are not collegiate sports fans.

or else they would be melting like this every other week.
actually am .. college football (born in bama) .. and DIE HARD bama fan.. im use to incidents like this.

but considering the circumstances and it being a professional league.. not college (no compensation) I don't want to ever see either of them back with the preds

Old
05-01-2012, 05:01 PM
maplepred

This I ridiculous. F'in Russians think they own the team. Ak definitely not back next year, same with crapulov and suter.
Not like radulov was clutch anyways, good riddance

Looks like the Gary Bettman coyotes are going to western finals. May as well suspend rinne to

But then again on flip side, maybe we win it all now? Coyotes have crap roster with no stars and seem to do well. Oh wait, we aren't owned by Bettman!

Old
05-01-2012, 05:07 PM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
i take it that vfl and noneckscurse are not collegiate sports fans.

or else they would be melting like this every other week.
Actually i am a huge collegiate sports fan. Big difference in a 18-20 y/o kid in college and a grown professional adult.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:16 PM
nhlfan9191

This is so typical of the Andrei Kostitsyn. He was doing this crap with his brother in Montreal which led Sergei to be traded to the preds. These guys don't take hockey seriously. They should play in another league.

Old
05-01-2012, 05:35 PM
BLONG7

Habs fan here guys, props to the Preds for doing the right thing...I am still pulling for you to come back vs the Yotes...

What would be great, is if you win game 3, make these two guys sit out game 4 also...

Old
05-01-2012, 05:49 PM
maplepred

Here are my thoughts after thinking for a bit,

1. So proud of sk74 for not going out with them.
2. We had top powerplay in league before we got ak and rad at deadline, so let's go out and keep winning like we did before these two distractions.
3. Who said radulov was more mature now? Bahahaha

Old
05-01-2012, 05:59 PM
nhlfan9191

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Here are my thoughts after thinking for a bit,

1. So proud of sk74 for not going out with them.
2. We had top powerplay in league before we got ak and rad at deadline, so let's go out and keep winning like we did before these two distractions.
3. Who said radulov was more mature now? Bahahaha
I almost forgot these guys haven't been on the team very long. That makes the situation worse. Sergei Kost. Learned his lesson when he got traded. Starting to think his brother was the problem.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:00 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

In regards to why they weren't suspended for Game 2, I think that even if management had known about it, they needed a chance to discuss it and consider what the proper punishment should be. There was only 11 or so hours between when AK and Rads got back to the hotel and when the roster had to be in.

Having said that, I am truly disgusted with their behavior. They seem to have forgotten that they are professional athletes that have a job to do. No one performs well when they stayed out all night drinking, especially not multi-million dollar athletes who are skating on thin pieces of metal and trying to shoot a 3" object into a net. This was so obviously a big "f you" to the entire Predators organization. The fact that everyone was so quick to forgive Rads for his contract breach really annoyed me, but now he has proven that he is still a completely immature and selfish person.

I liked having Andrei here but if he is known for this, then let him go. I'm proud to say that I'm a fan of an organization that holds their players to a high standard.

This really was so selfish. Preds had only lost one game, we could be looking at a best of 5 series if they had brought their A game.

Also, it is laughable that Sergei says "Andrei wants to play!" No duh he wants to play. Nobody likes being grounded, but that's the price you pay for selfish stupidity.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Iron Duke

Tough decision to have to make, but choices like this are the reason I grew to respect and love the Preds. I would take integrity over winning it all any day of the week. Then again, I'm also a glutton for punishment and getting soft in my middling age.

Time to let the men that ARE committed to this franchise have their shot, and see how it shakes out from here.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
Something boiling in me says this decision was made and done by these two because they knew this thing with the Preds was part time with nothing to lose. I am not sure if i want them two ever on the ice again in Gold and Blue.
I think Rads NHL career is over, unless he wants to play for Columbus!

Old
05-01-2012, 06:12 PM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFL615 View Post
You would not understand because it is obvious you have never been involved in anything that is about a team or family. It is called accountability. Players who respect the team, coaches, management, and the team leaders do not do things like this. If you have good leadership this kind of thing rarely happens and it definatly would not happen with so much on the line in the playoffs.
1. Pretty douchey personal attack in the first sentence there. Cool man.

2. Obviously Radulov and AK don't respect the team, coaches, management or team leaders...that, or they didn't think through their actions very well. We don't know the details of exactly what happened so we'll never be able to comment definitively on that. My point was, it's unfair to say that this is somehow a failure on the part of Weber, Suter and Fisher.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I think Rads NHL career is over, unless he wants to play for Columbus!
I doubt it. All GMs think they can take great talent and eliminate the rough edges, wherever they might be. He will still easily be a very sought-after commodity should the Preds choose to cut ties...and I sincerely hope that contract will handcuff said team for a looooooooong time.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Rumcajs

Figured AK would do something like this considering his past in Montreal but not in the playoffs...when your losing..

Old
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
PK76

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Figured AK would do something like this considering his past in Montreal but not in the playoffs...when your losing..
Something like this? You mean scoring the day after (something he often did against the Sens)?

Old
05-01-2012, 06:33 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I doubt it. All GMs think they can take great talent and eliminate the rough edges, wherever they might be. He will still easily be a very sought-after commodity should the Preds choose to cut ties...and I sincerely hope that contract will handcuff said team for a looooooooong time.
Bobby Bonds. Tremendous player, but locker room poison. Played for 8 MLB teams, six of them for one season each. You are better off without a guy who tears the team apart.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:41 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Bobby Bonds. Tremendous player, but locker room poison. Played for 8 MLB teams, six of them for one season each. You are better off without a guy who tears the team apart.
Oh, I agree 100%. Won't stop somebody from throwing stupid $ at him though.

Old
05-01-2012, 06:43 PM
NoNecksCurse

tootoo had a great quote on twitter among all the turmoil...

"TEAM - snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together."

Old
05-01-2012, 07:07 PM
torero

Do we finally know what team rule the 2 guys broke ?

Old
05-01-2012, 07:13 PM
coviner

Lets not get carried away here everyone. Did they do something stupid and selfish? Yes. Was it a pretty sizeable **** up? Absolutely. Do these guys have a history? Unfortunately yes. But it's still just a stupid mistake by two twenty somethings. I have screwed up royally when I had people counting on me too. I wasnt being paid handsomely, but that is really the only difference here. We are all invested in this team, and hell, I am mad too, but this isn't some unforgiveable sin, nor should it be

Old
05-01-2012, 07:20 PM
coviner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
tootoo had a great quote on twitter among all the turmoil...

"TEAM - snowflakes are one of nature's most fragile things, but just look at what they can do when they stick together."
Corny, but a very leaderish thing to say

Old
05-01-2012, 07:29 PM
predfan98

you people that want to give them a pass and forgive them because they are 20 something....... ********..

this is big $, professional sports..... and they totally ****ted on their teammates.

i'm tired of this "we're young immature males and we do stupid things"

they crapped in their beds (or someone elses) and Rad could care less... he just wants to act like he's remorseful..

Old
05-01-2012, 07:33 PM
coviner

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
you people that want to give them a pass and forgive them because they are 20 something....... ********..

this is big $, professional sports..... and they totally ****ted on their teammates.

i'm tired of this "we're young immature males and we do stupid things"

they crapped in their beds (or someone elses) and Rad could care less... he just wants to act like he's remorseful..
Who said I wanted to forgive them? I said it was stupid and selfish, but in no way unforgiveable. Not the same thing at all. They still have to prove themselves to some people

Old
05-01-2012, 07:34 PM
coviner

I always find it amazing how many people become mind readers in a situation like this

Closed Thread