HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Huberdeau VS Granlund

Old
05-02-2012, 01:00 AM
SauceHockey
Retired

vCash: 500
If Granlund dodges injury problems he can out score Huburdeau but will not be as well rounded

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:21 AM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdwe1 View Post
If Granlund dodges injury problems he can out score Huburdeau but will not be as well rounded
Really? Every game I've watched of him he has been defensively responsible.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:08 AM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas View Post
Huberdeau is a carbon copy of Briere. Expect that.
Briere is 5'10" and Huberdeau is 6'1".

PRESENTLY, Huberdeau weighs about the same as Briere does, and Huberdeau's defensive abilities are pretty underrated, or at least that was the case when New Jersey fans were presented with the possibility of drafting him in 2011.

I don't really see the Briere comparison at all. They both seem to have a knack for clutch play, though.

Hockey Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:04 AM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

vCash: 50
Don't know Granlund besides int'l tourneys but I think Huberdeau will be the better NHLer. Granlund should (will) be a 65+pt guy, could easily hit 80... I see him as a top 7-12 C in the league. I'm basing projections off of current league scoring btw.
Huberdeau I think can be a top producer, getting 80+ pts with relative regularity. Also think he will stack up against bigger bodies better. Not to say Granlund will struggle, as he's a fiesty and skilled player, but Huberdeau will simply be more of a presence.
I see Huberdeau getting production similar to Jason Spezza, maybe a slightly lower PPG, while Granlund I see producing similar to Mike Ribeiro while being a better player in most other aspects.

EDIT: I definitely think Granlund could outscore Huberdeau but I think he will need more of a supporting cast than Huberdeau to get to those numbers. Sweet hands and a great passer but Huberdeau can do more to get it to the back of the net on his own.

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:17 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan View Post
Don't know Granlund besides int'l tourneys but I think Huberdeau will be the better NHLer. Granlund should (will) be a 65+pt guy, could easily hit 80... I see him as a top 7-12 C in the league. I'm basing projections off of current league scoring btw.
Huberdeau I think can be a top producer, getting 80+ pts with relative regularity. Also think he will stack up against bigger bodies better. Not to say Granlund will struggle, as he's a fiesty and skilled player, but Huberdeau will simply be more of a presence.
I see Huberdeau getting production similar to Jason Spezza, maybe a slightly lower PPG, while Granlund I see producing similar to Mike Ribeiro while being a better player in most other aspects.

EDIT: I definitely think Granlund could outscore Huberdeau but I think he will need more of a supporting cast than Huberdeau to get to those numbers. Sweet hands and a great passer but Huberdeau can do more to get it to the back of the net on his own.
He has that in Minnesota if their prospects pan out.. or even if half of their prospects pan out.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:24 AM
IceManCat
A New Era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Briere is 5'10" and Huberdeau is 6'1".

PRESENTLY, Huberdeau weighs about the same as Briere does, and Huberdeau's defensive abilities are pretty underrated, or at least that was the case when New Jersey fans were presented with the possibility of drafting him in 2011.

I don't really see the Briere comparison at all. They both seem to have a knack for clutch play, though.
Huberdeau was selected before New Jersey had the opportunity to draft. I agree he plays more like Giroux than Briere. Also has a bigger frame.

IceManCat is offline   Reply With Quote