HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers top HF's organizational rankings

Old
05-31-2012, 06:04 PM
Clint

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Clint
Panthers top HF's organizational rankings

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ring-2012-1-10

Quote:
1. Florida Panthers

Strengths: With NHL talent heading every position–some of whom have All-Star potential, the Florida Panthers are set to open the tap on a stream of prospects that will start pouring into south Florida for the foreseeable future. In fact, the system is so loaded with talent, the Panthers could split off a second team entirely and have a somewhat competitive squad based only on prospects. Jonathan Huberdeau, Nick Bjugstad, and Quinton Howden supply firepower, size, and speed up front, while Colby Robak and Alex Petrovic top the blue line corps. In the nets, Jacob Markstrom is arguably the best netminder in the world outside of the NHL.

Weaknesses: Right wing lacks true scoring punch, and the defense, though well-stocked with two-way players, is also short on pure offensive threats. After moving Tyler Plante and Marc Cheverie last offseason, the goaltending depth is thin, though University of Denver backstop Sam Brittain is a promising talent.

Top 5 Prospects: 1. Jonathan Huberdeau, LW, 2. Jacob Markstrom, G, 3. Nick Bjugstad, C, 4. Quinton Howden, LW, 5. Colby Robak, D.
Lost to Graduation: Erik Gudbranson, Michal Repik.
Lost to Trade: Angelo Esposito, Evgeni Dadonov, Jake Hauswirth, Evan Oberg, A.J. Jenks.
Added: Ondrej Roman, James Wright, Mattias Lindstrom, Justin Bernhard.

Clint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:24 PM
panthersfan751

I'm somewhat surprised we remained #1 after losing Gudbranson but I certainly won't complain.

panthersfan751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:24 PM
TheMightyPanther85

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
I'm somewhat surprised we remained #1 after losing Gudbranson but I certainly won't complain.
Just goes to show how deep our prospect pool is even without Gudbranson. I would guess though that we'll be de-throned next season as Huberdeau and Markstrom will likely graduate from this list.

TheMightyPanther85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 11:19 AM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersfan751 View Post
that occurred to me too but i think most teams lost prospects to graduation too. im just hoping we can replace him with some good prospects in this draft and maintain our position. but i think by the end of next year we will be dropping because we will be graduating some of our top guys soon.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote