HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-31-2012, 07:44 PM
  #226
Blackshad
Registered User
 
Blackshad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
Back from the game.

The tempo and the speed of the game was higher than yesterday.
Here's some observations.

ZHARKOV - J. CRAMAROSSA duo was dominating. 2 Goals by CRAMAROSSA.

11 MING, Andrew, This guy had a really good game.He hit the post once. Good on the forecheck, he didnt look bad on the PK too. Have some offensive flair but i see him more in a defensive forward. Could play in the league right now on a 4th line. Only 16yo.

23 PETTI, Will play in the league this year. Natural skater. Nice speed. Tons of offensive talent.

13 KUPTSOV. Excellent forward. Can stickhandle at high speed.

12 CARNEVALE Didnt see him much. Made a nice pass once.

28 SANDLAK He had a nice game. Good hitter.

18 BRICKNELL Lacks Major junior skating speed.

11 COBBOLD. Nice project but he better spend another year in midget this year. More of a floater than a guy that go get the puck. Small frame, doesnt look fully grown, well not enough for the big league. Need to react more quickly. Good skater. Good offensive upside. Will be more ready at 17 to make the jump.

26 SILAS Looks solid in his own end. He complemented well his partner De SOUSA.

27 De Sousa Like i said yesterday. Blue Chip. Above average skating. Good first pass. Can take the puck and lead the rush. Looks alot more mature on the ice than his age. Nice slap shot. Made a mistake at the end of the game but nothing to be mad about. Should have been a first rounder.

6 POWERS. Good defensively. Nice skating.



There was a small fight at the end. I think it was between 23 MORRIS and 28 SANDLAK but i could be wrong.


That's about it.

Blackshad is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 08:38 PM
  #227
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
Back from the game.

The tempo and the speed of the game was higher than yesterday.
Here's some observations.

ZHARKOV - J. CRAMAROSSA duo was dominating. 2 Goals by CRAMAROSSA.

11 MING, Andrew, This guy had a really good game.He hit the post once. Good on the forecheck, he didnt look bad on the PK too. Have some offensive flair but i see him more in a defensive forward. Could play in the league right now on a 4th line. Only 16yo.

23 PETTI, Will play in the league this year. Natural skater. Nice speed. Tons of offensive talent.

13 KUPTSOV. Excellent forward. Can stickhandle at high speed.

12 CARNEVALE Didnt see him much. Made a nice pass once.

28 SANDLAK He had a nice game. Good hitter.

18 BRICKNELL Lacks Major junior skating speed.

11 COBBOLD. Nice project but he better spend another year in midget this year. More of a floater than a guy that go get the puck. Small frame, doesnt look fully grown, well not enough for the big league. Need to react more quickly. Good skater. Good offensive upside. Will be more ready at 17 to make the jump.

26 SILAS Looks solid in his own end. He complemented well his partner De SOUSA.

27 De Sousa Like i said yesterday. Blue Chip. Above average skating. Good first pass. Can take the puck and lead the rush. Looks alot more mature on the ice than his age. Nice slap shot. Made a mistake at the end of the game but nothing to be mad about. Should have been a first rounder.

6 POWERS. Good defensively. Nice skating.



There was a small fight at the end. I think it was between 23 MORRIS and 28 SANDLAK but i could be wrong.


That's about it.
From what I observed and what others have said to me is that there appears to be a more overcautious appearance by many players not to look out of sorts defensively. In other words players in general may not want to appear to be turning over lots of pucks and thus being liabilities since usually there's not much defense in these 'Shinnie' type games. Scoring has been spread out quite a bit and older Crammer might be the only 2 goal game so far this entire camp. The word I heard was exhaustion...maybe wheeling/practicing on the big ice surface is killing these guys? Now's when you wanna skate on a small sheet of ice, lol.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
08-31-2012, 09:30 PM
  #228
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Ok i've been to all scrimmages and i have some thoughts:
Goalies-
Lavigne-16yr old, goalie of the future, will play lots with wellington dukes
Graham and Banitsiotis excellent camps one will back up subban, both deserve to play in the o

Defence-
DeSousa-wow this kid has moves and calmness, very patient and has stud writen all over him
Morris- needs more seasoning with the dukes, but plays with an edge, mixed it up with Sandlak tonite

Forwards-
Berisha-good camp, very sturdy and good shot, will benefit by playing with vets
M.Cramarossa-pretty much invisable, might need more time
Coric-great hands and vision, alittle on the small side, kyle wellwood clone
Ming-good future, needs seasoning
Petti-comes as advertised, sick hands, great speed reminds me of Bryan Cameron
Heffernan-steal in the 4th rd, big, good skater, loves to hit, IMO should be on the team
Girduckis-as a walk-on very impressive, already signed with wellington
Bricknell-free-agent, not a chance, terrible skater
Cobbold-Price- will be back again next year
Ross-still at camp, might be injured?

Impressions of Vets-
Zharkov-man on a mission, wants to prove that he should have gone earlier in NHL draft
J.Cramarossa-great moves, speed to burn, looking for a BIG year
Brassard- grew up, and bulked up to 207lbs, wants to be more physical this year
Simmonds-should be in wellington, cant see taking ice from a rookie for a 19yold with 3-5 goals per year
Austin-big time future pro, trimmed some fat over the summer, ready to log big minutes
Shaw-overager, steady eddie, doesnt back down from anyone
J.Subban-look for a break-out year, learned alot at ivan hlinka tourny
Kuptsov-big russian, pro shot, will thrive here in belvegas, with Zharkov
Sandlak-look for a offensive break-out by the physical power-forward
Carnevale-speedster, hits like a train, might shock people
Silas-OA d-man, could bring a good return in trade if dealt
Bignell-people say he has grown? fringe player
Gaunce-look for huge #'s, all-star and WJ team
M.Subban-sky's the limit, all-star and WJ team

George and Staff have TOUGH decisions to make, look for some vets to get bumped

ImaBullsfan is online now  
Old
08-31-2012, 10:25 PM
  #229
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,579
vCash: 500
Cobbold is a great project especially for an 11th round pick. Cobbold had a inconsistent year last year with the Ottawa valley Titans thats one thing he needs to work on. He impressed me at the OHL cup with 3g3a in 6 games. But to me always looked dangerous on the ice. He has nice vision, playmaking abilities, good skater.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 12:33 AM
  #230
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
I think Coric could play in this league. He is a very intelligent player with some smooth hands and pretty good wheels.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
09-01-2012, 12:46 PM
  #231
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
I dont know whats going on? This morning the website and news reports had the bulls trimming there roster down to 26. Now the sites been updated to include 32 players? But on a side note, most of those six players are slated to join the wellington dukes this year.

Glad to see "My Boy" Heffernan still sticking around! Huge fan of his.

ImaBullsfan is online now  
Old
09-01-2012, 02:06 PM
  #232
johnnydrum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 622
vCash: 500
Thank you so much for the report-stellar work!
As a fan of the Euros, I was delighted at Zharkovs early progress, and thought he looked sensational. I know he hit a huge slump, and had an up and down finish, but really looked a top guy.
I am very excited at the thought of him and Kuptsov.
Did the latter look to have improved his finishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Ok i've been to all scrimmages and i have some thoughts:
Goalies-
Lavigne-16yr old, goalie of the future, will play lots with wellington dukes
Graham and Banitsiotis excellent camps one will back up subban, both deserve to play in the o

Defence-
DeSousa-wow this kid has moves and calmness, very patient and has stud writen all over him
Morris- needs more seasoning with the dukes, but plays with an edge, mixed it up with Sandlak tonite

Forwards-
Berisha-good camp, very sturdy and good shot, will benefit by playing with vets
M.Cramarossa-pretty much invisable, might need more time
Coric-great hands and vision, alittle on the small side, kyle wellwood clone
Ming-good future, needs seasoning
Petti-comes as advertised, sick hands, great speed reminds me of Bryan Cameron
Heffernan-steal in the 4th rd, big, good skater, loves to hit, IMO should be on the team
Girduckis-as a walk-on very impressive, already signed with wellington
Bricknell-free-agent, not a chance, terrible skater
Cobbold-Price- will be back again next year
Ross-still at camp, might be injured?

Impressions of Vets-
Zharkov-man on a mission, wants to prove that he should have gone earlier in NHL draft
J.Cramarossa-great moves, speed to burn, looking for a BIG year
Brassard- grew up, and bulked up to 207lbs, wants to be more physical this year
Simmonds-should be in wellington, cant see taking ice from a rookie for a 19yold with 3-5 goals per year
Austin-big time future pro, trimmed some fat over the summer, ready to log big minutes
Shaw-overager, steady eddie, doesnt back down from anyone
J.Subban-look for a break-out year, learned alot at ivan hlinka tourny
Kuptsov-big russian, pro shot, will thrive here in belvegas, with Zharkov
Sandlak-look for a offensive break-out by the physical power-forward
Carnevale-speedster, hits like a train, might shock people
Silas-OA d-man, could bring a good return in trade if dealt
Bignell-people say he has grown? fringe player
Gaunce-look for huge #'s, all-star and WJ team
M.Subban-sky's the limit, all-star and WJ team

George and Staff have TOUGH decisions to make, look for some vets to get bumped

johnnydrum is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 04:58 PM
  #233
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Just noticed that Danill Zharkov played last year at 6'3 200lbs, he just weighed in at camp at 6'4 212lbs! WOW, expect a big year from him

ImaBullsfan is online now  
Old
09-01-2012, 07:30 PM
  #234
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Petti was very impressive again today. Zharkov-Cramarrossa-Brassard was dominant, Cramarossa looks great! Younger Cramarossa needs work on strength and skating. Desousa erratic but talented. Heffernan looked ok but I preferred Nik Coric, surprised to see him released.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
  #235
jdan1997
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
What's the chance of the younger Cramarossa making the cut? I could be wrong, but I think there was only four 96s left by the end. I know Petti and Desousa are already signed, but do you think the other two guys with get signed too? Also, when are we going to find out the final roster?

jdan1997 is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 08:04 PM
  #236
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
What's the chance of the younger Cramarossa making the cut? I could be wrong, but I think there was only four 96s left by the end. I know Petti and Desousa are already signed, but do you think the other two guys with get signed too? Also, when are we going to find out the final roster?
All four remaining will be signed.. Wish they'd kept Coric and Ming around to keep some competition. I understand some guys want to protect their rights after 48 hours. The younger Cramarrosa will be there but needs work on his skating, there were a few times today where he got caught standing still.

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
09-01-2012, 11:15 PM
  #237
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
All four remaining will be signed.. Wish they'd kept Coric and Ming around to keep some competition. I understand some guys want to protect their rights after 48 hours. The younger Cramarrosa will be there but needs work on his skating, there were a few times today where he got caught standing still.
Younger Crammer will be there in a lesser role first year but they'll teach him.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
  #238
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Petti was very impressive again today. Zharkov-Cramarrossa-Brassard was dominant, Cramarossa looks great! Younger Cramarossa needs work on strength and skating. Desousa erratic but talented. Heffernan looked ok but I preferred Nik Coric, surprised to see him released.

Petti started off a little slow but grew stronger as the game went on and was the Rookie standout for Team Black this evening. I watched Hefferman and he never really caught his stride I'm guessing but I'll agree Coric looked smart and created chances many times. Jordan made some nice plays as well.

Team White Rookie standout was Berisha with a nasty goal and that line for White went on to dominate Team Black. Took a little bit for Brassard to get going but he was pressing so I said he would factor in with his talent level. Malcolm made some nasty saves as well, especially on Jordan.

Fun Camp but now's the final few that have to be waiting on pins and needles. Time will tell.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
09-01-2012, 11:20 PM
  #239
jdan1997
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Are all the players just going to stay in Belleville for the season? Are they all with their roommates/billets that they'll have throughout the whole season?

jdan1997 is offline  
Old
09-02-2012, 11:37 AM
  #240
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Looks like the bulls are giving M. Cramorossa, C. Heffernan and M. Ross a long look see, they will stay throughout the exhibition games. I've yet to see Ross play, hes been out with day to day injury. At 6'4 212 lbs, i wonder if he has a mean streak?

ImaBullsfan is online now  
Old
09-02-2012, 03:40 PM
  #241
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Looks like the bulls are giving M. Cramorossa, C. Heffernan and M. Ross a long look see, they will stay throughout the exhibition games. I've yet to see Ross play, hes been out with day to day injury. At 6'4 212 lbs, i wonder if he has a mean streak?
I somehow sense little Crammer is getting the nod over Heffernan while Shunock will be re-assigned soon.

I forgot to mention what a beast Austin is! This guys is going to have a huge season and join the rush. George mentioned wanting to play a more up-tempo game this year should mean more offense and more enjoyment for the fans watching. I love a big sheet of ice and watching high tempo games.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
09-02-2012, 06:43 PM
  #242
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I somehow sense little Crammer is getting the nod over Heffernan while Shunock will be re-assigned soon.

I forgot to mention what a beast Austin is! This guys is going to have a huge season and join the rush. George mentioned wanting to play a more up-tempo game this year should mean more offense and more enjoyment for the fans watching. I love a big sheet of ice and watching high tempo games.
IMO they will keep both cramarossa and Heffernan, thus leaving one vet (Simmonds) the odd man out. I'll say it again, Heffernan is a blue-chipper, Cramarossa should be alright but will be brought along slowly. Austin is one of the most improved players in the league, he is at the rink long before others preparing and is serious about becoming a pro. I hope he has gotten alittle meaner, because not many players could handle him if he had a mean streak.

ImaBullsfan is online now  
Old
09-02-2012, 06:47 PM
  #243
BullsFan4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
Are all the players just going to stay in Belleville for the season? Are they all with their roommates/billets that they'll have throughout the whole season?
Yes the players stay with their billet families all season. There is usually either one or two players to a household.

BullsFan4Ever is offline  
Old
09-02-2012, 07:20 PM
  #244
ImaBullsfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 914
vCash: 500
Nic Shunock is still at camp because of his family connections. One must assume they want him to dress for exhibition games for family reasons. Does anyone think Matt Ross has a chance to crack the line-up? What about walk-on Abbott Girduckis, i thought he had a really nice camp, he very well could be a OHLer this year, or next.

ImaBullsfan is online now  
Old
09-03-2012, 11:16 AM
  #245
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Nic Shunock is still at camp because of his family connections. One must assume they want him to dress for exhibition games for family reasons. Does anyone think Matt Ross has a chance to crack the line-up? What about walk-on Abbott Girduckis, i thought he had a really nice camp, he very well could be a OHLer this year, or next.
All 3 are longshots at best, the roster is pretty much set IMO.

Forwards:

Gaunce, Zharkov, Cramarossa, Brassard, Curtis, Hooey, Sandlak, Petti, Kuptsov, Carnevale, Berisha, Lemmon, Cramarossa, Heffernan

Defence:

Subban, Austin, Worrad, Shaw, Silas, Desousa, Bignell

Goalies:

Subban, Graham

heusy_79 is online now  
Old
09-03-2012, 11:23 AM
  #246
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Petti was very impressive again today. Zharkov-Cramarrossa-Brassard was dominant, Cramarossa looks great! Younger Cramarossa needs work on strength and skating. Desousa erratic but talented. Heffernan looked ok but I preferred Nik Coric, surprised to see him released.
It will be interesting to see if Desousa gives his all every shift. He seems to turn it on and off and who knows when he'll hit the off switch. Erratic is a word that came up last year. He has top tier skating and NHL potential if he stays focused. He has a diverse tool box, essentially he is an Offensive defenseman who can play with grit too, which can be rare. Usually the Offensive Dman dont like that side and use positional play to stop there opponents. He can get under the opposing forwards skin with his shadowing abilities and grind u in the corners. He didnt back down from anyone last year. Very interesting prospect.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
09-03-2012, 11:28 AM
  #247
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Hows Berisha look??

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
09-03-2012, 11:51 AM
  #248
BullsFan4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Hows Berisha look??
Berisha looks great so far. He has sniped a couple nice ones.

BullsFan4Ever is offline  
Old
09-03-2012, 11:57 AM
  #249
BullsFan4Ever
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 11
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
All 3 are longshots at best, the roster is pretty much set IMO.

Forwards:

Gaunce, Zharkov, Cramarossa, Brassard, Curtis, Hooey, Sandlak, Petti, Kuptsov, Carnevale, Berisha, Lemmon, Cramarossa, Heffernan

Defence:

Subban, Austin, Worrad, Shaw, Silas, Desousa, Bignell

Goalies:

Subban, Graham

Ross is the extra D right now, he has a slight injury, word has it. The other two will not be with the team to start the season IMO..(Shunock, or Girduckis). Or in the case of Shunock, he won't last long, with all due respect.

BullsFan4Ever is offline  
Old
09-03-2012, 11:59 AM
  #250
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan4Ever View Post
Berisha looks great so far. He has sniped a couple nice ones.

You know Simmonds ain't go anywhere at least not for this year. And he has become an effective PK guy so figure that will be the niche role that will keep him around...well, plus other reasons of course.

JSavoire is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:45 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.