Closed Thread

Old
09-03-2012, 12:55 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
You know Simmonds ain't go anywhere at least not for this year. And he has become an effective PK guy so figure that will be the niche role that will keep him around...well, plus other reasons of course.
One of Simmonds/Curtis/Hooey needs to be moved in one way or another...they are too many younger players knocking on the door to keep a guy like Simmonds around. I realize it will be a difficult conversation for George and Gord but the time has come. Hopefully they find Scott a home elsewhere in the league but if not he should be in Wellington.

Zharkov-Cramarossa-Brassard
Petti-Gaunce-Kuptsov
Sandlak-Hooey-Curtis
Carnevale-Berisha-Lemmon
Heffernan-Cramarossa

Austin-Subban
Silas-Worrad
Shaw-Desousa
Bignell

Subban
Graham

Old
09-03-2012, 01:36 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
One of Simmonds/Curtis/Hooey needs to be moved in one way or another...they are too many younger players knocking on the door to keep a guy like Simmonds around. I realize it will be a difficult conversation for George and Gord but the time has come. Hopefully they find Scott a home elsewhere in the league but if not he should be in Wellington.

Petti-Gaunce-Kuptsov
Sandlak-Hooey-Curtis
Carnevale-Berisha-Lemmon
Heffernan-Cramarossa

Austin-Subban
Silas-Worrad
Shaw-Desousa
Bignell

Subban
Graham
Zharkov-Gaunce-Brassard 100% 1st line IMO
BIG 1st line of very skilled vets
Kuptsov-Cramarossa-Berisha
Skilled Left winger + Skilled vet center + Skilled right winger
Sandlak--Simmonds-Hooey
Bump and Grind line of vets and PK unit
Carnevale-Petti-Lemmon
Young energy line with some crash and bang!
Cramarossa - up and comer being groomed
Curtis - Traded, then Heffernan comes in

Austin-Worrad Vet leadership
Silas-Subban 2nd power D line
Shaw-Desousa
Bignell

Subban #1 for sure until he leaves for the bigs
Graham

Old
09-03-2012, 02:03 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

^You're probably right about the top line, I've just enjoyed watching the chemistry between Zharkov-Cramarossa-Brassard and I think the depth is there to find chemistry for Gaunce on 1B line. I like your Kuptsov-Berisha combo. Would be willing to keep Simmonds if Curtis could be dealt for some value. Petti has impressed me enough so far to be considered top 9. Already looks more ready to produce offense than Carnevale, Lemmon, Simmonds etc.

Kuptsov-Gaunce-Berisha
Sandlak-Hooey-Petti
Carnevale-Simmonds-Lemmon
Heff-Cramar Jr.

Old
09-03-2012, 02:19 PM
ImaBullsfan

U guys are all out to left field! There's NO way they should keep Simmonds over Curtis. Both can play the pk but Curtis is heads over Simmonds in hockey sense, offensive capibilities and more valuable to the team. Lets put the organization FIRST for a change and trade or release Mr. Simmonds. The potential in Heffernan, Cramorassa and Petti are to great. I know i can speak for many season ticket holders.

Old
09-03-2012, 02:23 PM
ImaBullsfan

If the scrimmages are any indication Stephen Silas will be mentoring young Daniel DeSousa as his defensive partner. Hopefully the fans do a complete 360, and begin to cheer Silas this year?

Old
09-03-2012, 02:47 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
U guys are all out to left field! There's NO way they should keep Simmonds over Curtis. Both can play the pk but Curtis is heads over Simmonds in hockey sense, offensive capibilities and more valuable to the team. Lets put the organization FIRST for a change and trade or release Mr. Simmonds.
Curtis would also fetch a much better return than Simmonds. I don't see a use for either in the top 9 and don't care which one is dealt but one veteran forward needs to go.

Old
09-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Lyons89

I would like to see Simmonds and hooey gone. Hooey doesnt seem like a team guy and as nice of a guy that Simmonds is, he needs to get out of the OHL. He is not OHL calaber and never has been. I like our D more than i have in a long time. and our first couple lines are stacked. Sandlak Petti Curtis could be a pretty clutch 3rd line if you ask me.

Old
09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons89 View Post
I would like to see Simmonds and hooey gone. Hooey doesnt seem like a team guy and as nice of a guy that Simmonds is, he needs to get out of the OHL. He is not OHL calaber and never has been. I like our D more than i have in a long time. and our first couple lines are stacked. Sandlak Petti Curtis could be a pretty clutch 3rd line if you ask me.
Problem is that Simmonds will be here for another year regardless of whether Fans or others think differently. I'm not saying he can't play the role he's been given well cause I think he can. Curtis on the other hand would definitely want an opportunity elsewhere much like Corson and clearly should fetch something of value in return if even some nice draft pick(s).

Old
09-04-2012, 02:20 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

M.Cramarossa and Heffernan were officially signed today, so all four 16 year old cards have been used (Petti, Desousa, Cramarossa, Heffernan).

http://www.intelligencer.ca/2012/09/...ossa-heffernan

Old
09-04-2012, 03:28 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
M.Cramarossa and Heffernan were officially signed today, so all four 16 year old cards have been used (Petti, Desousa, Cramarossa, Heffernan).

http://www.intelligencer.ca/2012/09/...ossa-heffernan
Now that these 16 yrolds are signed, which veteran is the odd man out?

Old
09-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Now that these 16 yrolds are signed, which veteran is the odd man out?
Shouldn't it be Simmonds?
I can't really see Cramarossa or Heffernan getting much more than 4th line shifts. Probably some healthy scratches as well.

Old
09-04-2012, 03:58 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Shouldn't it be Simmonds?
I can't really see Cramarossa or Heffernan getting much more than 4th line shifts. Probably some healthy scratches as well.
To the real bulls fan....yes.... simmonds must go, we'll have to wait and see what happens. I hope George puts the team first?

Old
09-04-2012, 09:09 PM
ImaBullsfan

Just curious but does anyone think at some point in the next couple of years, the bulls will acquire M Subban from the knights. He's Malcolm and Jordan's cousin.

Old
09-04-2012, 09:51 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Just curious but does anyone think at some point in the next couple of years, the bulls will acquire M Subban from the knights. He's Malcolm and Jordan's cousin.
Adding another small D who definitely doesn't have Jordan's skating or defensive skills is not a good idea.

Old
09-05-2012, 04:13 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Highly doubtful that happens.

Old
09-05-2012, 06:23 PM
ImaBullsfan

Is Matt Ross still at camp? Hes not on the roster. I see Nic Shunock isHere we go again!

Old
09-06-2012, 05:04 PM
jdan1997

Does anybody know what school the players usually attend during the year?

Old
09-06-2012, 05:25 PM
Parksy

Quinte

Old
09-06-2012, 05:57 PM
NHL Fanatic

Malcolm Subban signs with Boston

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...id=DL|BOS|home

Old
09-07-2012, 05:35 PM
jdan1997

Huge congrats to Subban on signing with Boston. Is there anywhere to watch the game tonight and games following?

Old
09-07-2012, 10:44 PM
BullsFan4Ever

Quinte

Old
09-08-2012, 01:53 PM
ImaBullsfan

With the bulls not dressing half the team and kingston icing there entire starting team, the bulls had way to many turnovers. Some of the younger fronts impressed me, DiPerna, Bennett and Watson.
For the bulls DeSousa will be great but needs to simplify hes game. Petti and Heffernan will be good also. I have not been a fan of M. Cramarossa in the past but last night he really opened my eyes, he was tough on the puck and played his position well. Some players that i wasnt impressed with was Scott Simmonds(need alot more from a 19yrold) Nic Shunock (not a chance of sticking) and Sergey Kupstov (i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now) Charlie Graham also had a bad game.

Old
09-08-2012, 02:19 PM
BullsFan4Ever

Quote:
With the bulls not dressing half the team and kingston icing there entire starting team, the bulls had way to many turnovers. Some of the younger fronts impressed me, DiPerna, Bennett and Watson.
For the bulls DeSousa will be great but needs to simplify hes game. Petti and Heffernan will be good also. I have not been a fan of M. Cramarossa in the past but last night he really opened my eyes, he was tough on the puck and played his position well. Some players that i wasnt impressed with was Scott Simmonds(need alot more from a 19yrold) Nic Shunock (not a chance of sticking) and Sergey Kupstov (i'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now) Charlie Graham also had a bad game.
I would agree with you on almost every point. That being said....Sergey Kuptsov will be just fine, and grant it Charlie let in a couple bad goals but also made some nice saves. It's tough to be left on your own when the defence vacates their positions to leave the goalie to face the oposition all alone....(in which Jordan Subban did many times). Also leaving 3 Kingston players in front of the net without a Bulls player to take them out, also makes it difficult on the goalie. Many players needed to give an honest effort last night and didn't seem to do so.

Old
09-08-2012, 02:24 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan4Ever View Post
I would agree with you on almost every point. That being said....Sergey Kuptsov will be just fine, and grant it Charlie let in a couple bad goals but also made some nice saves. It's tough to be left on your own when the defence vacates their positions to leave the goalie to face the oposition all alone....(in which Jordan Subban did many times). Also leaving 3 Kingston players in front of the net without a Bulls player to take them out, also makes it difficult on the goalie. Many players needed to give an honest effort last night and didn't seem to do so.
Jordan was on the ice for way too many goals against...I'd like to see him back to the way he was playing mid-way through last year. Charlie was left out to dry, too many Fronts left standing in front of him without being taken out. Too many penalties for sure as well and too many solo efforts. It's only the first pre-season game and George will not tolerate that type of play so look for a rebound game tonight with more defensive responsibility from many players.

Old
09-08-2012, 04:54 PM
jdan1997

I wonder if they'll put the Cramarossa brothers on a line together tonight

Closed Thread