Closed Thread

Old
09-08-2012, 06:17 PM
ImaBullsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdan1997 View Post
I wonder if they'll put the Cramarossa brothers on a line together tonight
Had a chance to talk to Joesph Cramarossa today at the Season Ticket holder BBQ, what a nice guy, he came over to talk to my son and struck up a conversation, very pleasant young man, one of my favs this year.

Old
09-09-2012, 12:09 AM
jdan1997

I guess that makes him one of the best on and off the ice this year

Old
09-09-2012, 12:05 PM
ImaBullsfan

The bulls have a veteran team this year, although they haven't been playing like it in the ex. games, the defensive side of the game needs plenty of work. They still need to drop 2 or 3 more body's from the roster, so look for some minor deals soon.

Old
09-09-2012, 01:52 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
The bulls have a veteran team this year, although they haven't been playing like it in the ex. games, the defensive side of the game needs plenty of work. They still need to drop 2 or 3 more body's from the roster, so look for some minor deals soon.
I'll agree with the defensive side of the Bulls needing serious work. When a single player can come down 1 on 3 and the D backs up all the way and allows a shot then there's something wrong. Scrambly, missed assignments and odd man rushes throughout the game are gonna give Bulls fans ulcers.

Old
09-10-2012, 02:39 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Didn't have the chance to catch either exhibition game so far. Would love if someone could post the line combinations from the two games. From reading the recap of the second game, it sounded like Curtis-Gaunce-Brassard was a line and that Berisha and Kuptsov played together.

Old
09-10-2012, 03:02 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Didn't have the chance to catch either exhibition game so far. Would love if someone could post the line combinations from the two games. From reading the recap of the second game, it sounded like Curtis-Gaunce-Brassard was a line and that Berisha and Kuptsov played together.
The lines started out as relatively set lines (Penalties always screw things up). I believe the attempt was to have:

CURTIS-GAUNCE-BRASSARD
ZHARKOV-PETTI-KUPTSOV
SANDLAK-SIMMONDS-LEMMON
HEFFERNAN-CRAMAROSSA-BERISHA

But, certain players played both Center and Wing in various combos like Simmonds and Berisha and the lines were switched up to test different guys together.

I'd like to see 2 things happen before the end of pre-season and number 1 being sorting out the Defense and quick. Even with Malcolm in net it's too much to allow shots from the slot and directly to the sides of the net go largely unchecked and #2 would be to find some line combos that will get the younger guys clicking as other than Berisha from that group has scored points and the need will be there to have 3 lines that can score. Otherwise it'll be back to a defensive game for sure.

Old
09-10-2012, 05:10 PM
johnnydrum

How has Kuptsov looked?
I gather there were some poor reviews of his earlier outing?
How has big Daniil looked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
The lines started out as relatively set lines (Penalties always screw things up). I believe the attempt was to have:

CURTIS-GAUNCE-BRASSARD
ZHARKOV-PETTI-KUPTSOV
SANDLAK-SIMMONDS-LEMMON
HEFFERNAN-CRAMAROSSA-BERISHA

But, certain players played both Center and Wing in various combos like Simmonds and Berisha and the lines were switched up to test different guys together.

I'd like to see 2 things happen before the end of pre-season and number 1 being sorting out the Defense and quick. Even with Malcolm in net it's too much to allow shots from the slot and directly to the sides of the net go largely unchecked and #2 would be to find some line combos that will get the younger guys clicking as other than Berisha from that group has scored points and the need will be there to have 3 lines that can score. Otherwise it'll be back to a defensive game for sure.

Old
09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydrum View Post
How has Kuptsov looked?
I gather there were some poor reviews of his earlier outing?
How has big Daniil looked?
Good Day Johnny, I have yet to be impressed by Kuptsov, but i will reserve final judgement until 10 -15 games in. Danny will score 45 or more this year, he bulked up and he showed last game that hes not affaid to drop the gloves.

Old
09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
jdan1997

How does the younger Cramarossa look? I know he wasn't very impressive in the camp, but has he stepped up at all?

Old
09-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Lyons89

No cramarossa and de sousa have yet to impress me.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:27 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
How does the younger Cramarossa look? I know he wasn't very impressive in the camp, but has he stepped up at all?
I said before i wasnt impressed with m. cramarossa during the rookie and main camps but i was at both pre-season games and im presantly surprised with michael's play, he is hard on the puck and is sound defensively. Lets not forget who the 16 yr olds are and give them a chance.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:36 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyons89 View Post
No cramarossa and de sousa have yet to impress me.
i have to differ, Daniel DeSousa will be a stud in the o, maybe not this year but when he bulks up and learns the ohl game. I dont know if there is a more pure skater on the team than Daniel. Yes i agree he is trying to play the minor midget style still, by holding onto the puck too long and not making swift crisp passes. But when he buys into the program and learn from the vets here, he will impress you.

Old
09-10-2012, 08:47 PM
jdan1997

Quote:
I said before i wasnt impressed with m. cramarossa during the rookie and main camps but i was at both pre-season games and im presantly surprised with michael's play, he is hard on the puck and is sound defensively. Lets not forget who the 16 yr olds are and give them a chance.
I've always been a fan, I just wish I could get out and see him play

Old
09-10-2012, 11:00 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Younger Crammer has got good hockey sense and that's very hard to teach. He's shown that in the pre-season. Desousa will get his bearings and start playing more of George's style so I'm not worried there. You have to have some solid patience with 16yo as they're your future stars. George will bring them along patiently and play them in situations to succeed. Zharkov has played well but got tossed for fighting so no one could watch him for the whole game. Kuptsov made some nice plays and set up game winner so that's not too bad.

Old
09-10-2012, 11:55 PM
BullsFan4Ever

Quote:
I think the great skating and skill of Berisha has been over looked. Although he is small, he is also a very smart hockey player.

Old
09-11-2012, 09:43 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan4Ever View Post
I think the great skating and skill of Berisha has been over looked. Although he is small, he is also a very smart hockey player.
Not saying I disagree with your statement, but why quote a post about Cramarossa to talk about Berisha?

Old
09-11-2012, 11:31 PM
JSavoire

Game was a complete wash! Gens are seriously strong and between Biggs and Lessio (who I think had a hatty), Jenner and even Dal Colle this is a team that put in 3 goals in the first period alone. Bulls suffering from positioning issues on D more so than skill like some would believe. That scrambling is allowing other teams to walk in and get point blank shots and getting in behind the D easily. Add to that loads of penalties and many rather silly ones to take meant a lot of forwards sitting for very long periods. Especially with a 5 on 3 against. Next to sorting out the D positionally discipline is going to be right up there since you're not going to get back in the game by going into the box frequently particularly vs. strong teams. It's still pre-season but you want to hit the ground running come opening game and not donate early points.

Old
09-12-2012, 08:46 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Maybe George should look at dealing an offensive guy like Worrad or Silas for a shutdown type. Having two open OA slots is a good thing when you need to shore up the blue line. A big, veteran crease-clearing righty would be the ideal fit in the top 4.

Old
09-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Game was a complete wash! Gens are seriously strong and between Biggs and Lessio (who I think had a hatty), Jenner and even Dal Colle this is a team that put in 3 goals in the first period alone. Bulls suffering from positioning issues on D more so than skill like some would believe. That scrambling is allowing other teams to walk in and get point blank shots and getting in behind the D easily. Add to that loads of penalties and many rather silly ones to take meant a lot of forwards sitting for very long periods. Especially with a 5 on 3 against. Next to sorting out the D positionally discipline is going to be right up there since you're not going to get back in the game by going into the box frequently particularly vs. strong teams. It's still pre-season but you want to hit the ground running come opening game and not donate early points.
Its preseason....means NOTHING! Wait until they play for real at the end of the month.... In case you dont know these points dont count....lol

Old
09-12-2012, 11:15 PM
BullsFan4Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Not saying I disagree with your statement, but why quote a post about Cramarossa to talk about Berisha?
If you read back, to the quote...Crammer, DeSousa, Zarkhov and Kuptsov were all discussed and my response was to the fact that Berisha wasn't mentioned and should have been.

Last edited by BullsFan4Ever: 09-14-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old
09-14-2012, 12:30 AM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
i have to differ, Daniel DeSousa will be a stud in the o, maybe not this year but when he bulks up and learns the ohl game. I dont know if there is a more pure skater on the team than Daniel. Yes i agree he is trying to play the minor midget style still, by holding onto the puck too long and not making swift crisp passes. But when he buys into the program and learn from the vets here, he will impress you.
It will be interesting to see how his season plays out.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 09-14-2012 at 03:08 AM.
Old
09-16-2012, 04:50 PM
ImaBullsfan

Ok, now that the ex. games are over, lets get down to the final roster. George said that he would like to get down to 23-24 players? So who goes and who stays? IMO Nic Shunock and Scott Simmonds are the odd ones out. Any other opinions?

Old
09-16-2012, 06:51 PM
BullsFan4Ever

Quote:
Ok, now that the ex. games are over, lets get down to the final roster. George said that he would like to get down to 23-24 players? So who goes and who stays? IMO Nic Shunock and Scott Simmonds are the odd ones out. Any other opinions?
I agree that Shunock is out. But, Simmonds (the owners son) is not likely to go anywhere...but i am not saying that he wouldn't be best suited at Wellington. So, all in all i agree with you. Heffernan and little Crammie....are also options...although it would be difficult to send both of them down quite yet. Difficult choices to make for sure this season and only time will tell.

Old
09-16-2012, 08:04 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullsFan4Ever View Post
I agree that Shunock is out. But, Simmonds (the owners son) is not likely to go anywhere...but i am not saying that he wouldn't be best suited at Wellington. So, all in all i agree with you. Heffernan and little Crammie....are also options...although it would be difficult to send both of them down quite yet. Difficult choices to make for sure this season and only time will tell.
See heres the problem i have, George has to tell Gord that his son has lost his roster spot on the team. Com'on guys get real, the Bulls fans and season ticket holder deserve better! George has to put the best team together, and IMO the rookies this year have taking Scott's place on the roster.

Old
09-17-2012, 03:17 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Roster down to 24. Shunock and Banitsiotis re-assigned. 15 forwards, 7 D and 2 G remaining....

Can't post a link for some reason but it was on the Bulls homepage.

Closed Thread