HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-07-2012, 08:46 AM
  #351
Lyons89
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
simmonds played great last night. Blocked 3 clappers in about a 10 second span. Heart and soul right there. Also thought silas played well.

Lyons89 is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 06:05 PM
  #352
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
So were we!
Hooey, Curtis, Sandlak line were the standouts against 67's, BUT let's be honest for a minute and realize that 67's were missing starting goalie Keegan Wilson and so the young Blair had to step in and face 46 shots I believe. I'll hold out and wait until a game is played with both starting goalies playing before I can safely gauge where the Bulls stand against the 67's. But getting back into the win column was important after sliding down a pair so next week will be important for sure with the # of games in the schedule.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-07-2012, 07:25 PM
  #353
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Hooey, Curtis, Sandlak line were the standouts against 67's, BUT let's be honest for a minute and realize that 67's were missing starting goalie Keegan Wilson and so the young Blair had to step in and face 46 shots I believe. I'll hold out and wait until a game is played with both starting goalies playing before I can safely gauge where the Bulls stand against the 67's. But getting back into the win column was important after sliding down a pair so next week will be important for sure with the # of games in the schedule.
No question. The point is that they did get 46 shots regardless of who was in net and Blair kept them in it for a long time. If the Bulls can get 46 shots a night, they're going to win quite a few games.

Renegader is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 03:56 PM
  #354
Westcoasthabsfan
Registered User
 
Westcoasthabsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In Pandoras Box
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,242
vCash: 500
Bulls lose in OT in the Shaw..... their record is 3-2-1 for 7 points

Westcoasthabsfan is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 04:38 PM
  #355
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Bulls lose in OT in the Shaw..... their record is 3-2-1 for 7 points
Malcolm had a bit of a rough night. Bulls outplayed Oshawa and deserved 2 points. Hopefully Malcolm bounces back Wednesday.

Renegader is offline  
Old
10-08-2012, 08:02 PM
  #356
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
No question. The point is that they did get 46 shots regardless of who was in net and Blair kept them in it for a long time. If the Bulls can get 46 shots a night, they're going to win quite a few games.
My point was more along the lines that they're not going to have it that easy and run into backup goalies very often. Tonights 27 shots were more indicative of around the # of shots they could've expected. BUT, they did carry majority of the play and were handily outshooting Gens for most of the game. A few ill-timed penalties took some of that charge out of them. Bulls outplayed Gens most of the game but one screenshot, 1 longshot and one mistake tip shot caught Bulls defenders stick and handcuffed Malcolm and that's all she wrote. Still got a point out of a strong team. Only question why only one fighting major when it appeared to be a full-blown line brawl? If this is happening to counter the 10 fight limit then what's the point in having it there at all?

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 07:20 AM
  #357
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
My point was more along the lines that they're not going to have it that easy and run into backup goalies very often. Tonights 27 shots were more indicative of around the # of shots they could've expected. BUT, they did carry majority of the play and were handily outshooting Gens for most of the game. A few ill-timed penalties took some of that charge out of them. Bulls outplayed Gens most of the game but one screenshot, 1 longshot and one mistake tip shot caught Bulls defenders stick and handcuffed Malcolm and that's all she wrote. Still got a point out of a strong team. Only question why only one fighting major when it appeared to be a full-blown line brawl? If this is happening to counter the 10 fight limit then what's the point in having it there at all?
Not only that, Latour was a 3rd man in for one fight and there were 2 Gens pummelling Lemmon until Silas came in to help. There was no call there. Lemmon got a 4 minute rough call, but clearly he was fighting.

Renegader is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 07:59 AM
  #358
Petes96
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 205
vCash: 500
How did Heffernan fair in his fight with Brown?

Petes96 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 01:17 PM
  #359
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes96 View Post
How did Heffernan fair in his fight with Brown?
Heff got up and was ready but was initially thrown down to the ground by his Jersey. He seemed to come out with no more than a few scratches on a hit that probably should've generated a 2 minute call which might've stopped the ensuing fracas. By the time Heff got up fights had already broken out including a 2 on 1 joke against Lemmon. 2 bigger older kids jumping a younger guy is a joke in my eyes and yet only 2 sets of calls overall and only one was a fighting major?? Latour should've been tossed and sat for a game and so forth, but this year the calls have seemed the weirdest in many, many years to me. And I mean across the board...they're not willing to call a fight a fight any longer, plus I haven't seen the Commish hand out any of those big suspensions this year yet unless they're not posting them any longer. Clearly from the pre-season games many fans even predicted some suspensions, as did I for two in particular but not a single suspension by the Commish. Wonder what's changed?

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 02:34 PM
  #360
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam
 
heusy_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,781
vCash: 500
If the incident that saw Bignell suspended was worth two games, then surely one of those two Oshawa guys on top of Lemmon should be suspended for third man in.

heusy_79 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 03:42 PM
  #361
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds GM Kyle Dubas was in Oshawa taking in the Bulls Vs. Generals game on Monday. Cooking up a big trade brought on by the news of Ryan Sprouls 6-8 week injury?

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 07:10 PM
  #362
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
If the incident that saw Bignell suspended was worth two games, then surely one of those two Oshawa guys on top of Lemmon should be suspended for third man in.
Bingo... well said.

Renegader is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 07:11 PM
  #363
Renegader
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Sault Ste Marie Greyhounds GM Kyle Dubas was in Oshawa taking in the Bulls Vs. Generals game on Monday. Cooking up a big trade brought on by the news of Ryan Sprouls 6-8 week injury?
Hmm... not sure who the Bulls would trade away. They have a few draft picks stockpiled but it might be too early to make a trade unless it benefits Belleville right away.

Renegader is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:35 PM
  #364
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
There would have to be a Defenseman involved. I'm 99% sure on that. What about Daniel De Sousa?

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 08:46 PM
  #365
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
There would have to be a Defenseman involved. I'm 99% sure on that. What about Daniel De Sousa?
I believe you can only trade first rounders in the first year but it's a forward, at least one and possibly only one that's moving. Can't tell you who but it's not one of the 16 or 17 yo rookies and not an OA. That should narrow it down enough for those number crunchers.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 09:26 PM
  #366
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
There would have to be a Defenseman involved. I'm 99% sure on that. What about Daniel De Sousa?
Come to think of it, didn't the Soo acquire Buonomo from Barrie? If so, that should ease the Sproul injury situation. And I thought with such a young team, particularly up front, that the Soo would want a 93 or preferably a 94 forward.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-09-2012, 09:27 PM
  #367
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
I believe you can only trade first rounders in the first year but it's a forward, at least one and possibly only one that's moving. Can't tell you who but it's not one of the 16 or 17 yo rookies and not an OA. That should narrow it down enough for those number crunchers.
Maybe he was looking more toward Oshawa. With Soo's trouble's on D he has to be looking for D.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 05:34 AM
  #368
brahmabull
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Maybe he was looking more toward Oshawa. With Soo's trouble's on D he has to be looking for D.
With 9 defenceman on the roster including 7 with OHL experience why would they need to desperatly aquire a D man considering they just aquired Buonomo?

brahmabull is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 08:39 AM
  #369
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
It's either a D or a 3rd line Powerforward kind of player.

KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 12:50 PM
  #370
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
It's either a D or a 3rd line Powerforward kind of player.
I'll bet it's a forward that will be playing top 6 and will be placed there to add a little age to the team since there's a lot of 17 and 16 year olds on the team already.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:30 PM
  #371
Pacesetter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 7
vCash: 500
I would trade Subban, we dont need him sitting on the bench waiting for PP time, if the coach doesn't have confidence in him playing 5 vs 5 then trade him for what we need.

Pacesetter is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 01:35 PM
  #372
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 593
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
I would trade Subban, we dont need him sitting on the bench waiting for PP time, if the coach doesn't have confidence in him playing 5 vs 5 then trade him for what we need.
Subban leads the team in scoring and between PP and 5 on 5 ice his overall ice time is very good and clearly well above any other Rookie on the team. He's doing fine and he's not going anywhere that I can guarantee you.

JSavoire is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 03:04 PM
  #373
Tonester01
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacesetter View Post
I would trade Subban, we dont need him sitting on the bench waiting for PP time, if the coach doesn't have confidence in him playing 5 vs 5 then trade him for what we need.
I wouldn't give up on him so soon. He's only 17 and has a huge up side.
He's fun to warch just like PK was and he's not going anywhere other than carrying the puck into the opposition's zone.

Tonester01 is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 03:49 PM
  #374
Luvtowatch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 596
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonester01 View Post
I wouldn't give up on him so soon. He's only 17 and has a huge up side.
He's fun to warch just like PK was and he's not going anywhere other than carrying the puck into the opposition's zone.
Subban is not the one to trade. They should be trading one of the OA d-men and using that spot for a forward who can score. They have 16 yr old De Sousa sitting who has far more talent than the rest of the d-men except for maybe Subban. In his few shifts he has shown that he can play at this level.

Luvtowatch is offline  
Old
10-10-2012, 06:40 PM
  #375
KnightsInsider93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London Ontario
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
////


Last edited by KnightsInsider93: 10-12-2012 at 10:05 PM.
KnightsInsider93 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.