*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-17-2013, 10:10 PM
ImaBullsfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parksy View Post
Gotta think that with the timing and all, that its good news. Nothing would suck the fans out of the yardmen more than an anouncment that they are leaving before the playoffs
Gord tip-toed around it i think, said the bulls and the city have signed a new contract. Which would be excellent news in bell-vegas

Old
03-19-2013, 04:36 AM
Parksy

I would think that they are announcing that a deal has been reached for the short term. A last ditch effort to improve on the season ticket sales. Pretty sure I heard that they dont even have a deal now on paper for the last few years. Just a handshake. Gord can only stay here so long before he moves the team. Heres hoping that a recent lottery winner comes out of the woodwork to put some money into the Yardmen. I was in the change rooms last week and they are a little bit dated. haha

Old
03-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Renegader

Quote:
I would think that they are announcing that a deal has been reached for the short term. A last ditch effort to improve on the season ticket sales. Pretty sure I heard that they dont even have a deal now on paper for the last few years. Just a handshake. Gord can only stay here so long before he moves the team. Heres hoping that a recent lottery winner comes out of the woodwork to put some money into the Yardmen. I was in the change rooms last week and they are a little bit dated. haha
Gord really has no one to blame but himself. Has anyone ever seen any kind of advertising or marketing for ticket sales anywhere in Belleville? I haven't. Has anyone been to other rinks and seen their game day experience compared to ours? I have. There is no comparison. Other teams game day experiences are so much better than ours. If he would put a few dollars here and there into it, it might make fans come back to another game. Get them in the stands. Provide them with good entertainment at a reasonable price and they will keep coming back. Simple formula that he hasn't figured out yet.

That being said. Attendance hasn't been terrible overall this year. A few bad games of under 2,000 but there have been quite a few sellouts this year as well.

As for the state of the arena. It's a dump. A 40 year old dump. City council promised to fix it and bring it up to OHL standards when the Bulls first came into the league. They did not. City council promised a new building in 2008. There is none and nothing new on the horizon.

Also... let's talk about this in the off season shall we? We have a really good team that has the chance to do some real damage in the playoffs this year. Let's talk about that and support our Bulls!

Old
03-19-2013, 08:33 AM
defensehockey19

Will be cheering for you guys to come out of the east since my Petes came up 1 point short! Go Bulls Go! Quine deserves it!

Old
03-19-2013, 08:58 AM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Will be cheering for you guys to come out of the east since my Petes came up 1 point short! Go Bulls Go! Quine deserves it!
Quine is a fantastic hockey player. A real treat to watch. He's fit in well with Belleville in the short time he's been here.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:41 AM
hockeykid87

Gord announces an extension until 2014/15. I'm thinking the Bulls time in Belleville is coming to an end shortly after that. Anyone else think that?

Old
03-19-2013, 12:20 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Gord announces an extension until 2014/15. I'm thinking the Bulls time in Belleville is coming to an end shortly after that. Anyone else think that?
Pretty much seems to be the way it's going. Without a new arena (and the city has no plans to build one) it seems Gord will either sell or move the team after the 14/15 season.

Old
03-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
Pretty much seems to be the way it's going. Without a new arena (and the city has no plans to build one) it seems Gord will either sell or move the team after the 14/15 season.
Once his kid is finished does he need the team?

Old
03-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Once his kid is finished does he need the team?
Not sure. He seems sincere to want to make it work in Belleville, but he really doesn't put the effort in. I've talked numerous times about the game day experience and lack of marketing but I do feel he's sincere. They need an arena. Like they were promised years ago. An empty promise thus far from city council.

The number one big problem in the short term is Cogeco. Why not institute a blackout policy. Sell 3,000 tickets and the blackout becomes lifted. There are so many lazy people that say they'll watch the games at home rather than actually go to the games.

Also... let's talk about the playoffs please!!

Old
03-19-2013, 06:53 PM
ImaBullsfan

As a very long time season ticket holder, this really gives me a bad feeling I hope the city really gets something done with a new arena or a long term deal, to keep the bulls in Belleville.

Old
03-19-2013, 11:58 PM
ImaBullsfan

Anyone on here have a thought on who the bulls should draft in the first round?

Old
03-20-2013, 02:40 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Anyone on here have a thought on who the bulls should draft in the first round?
Considering they're losing 2 Veteran D 100% for sure in Silas and Cardwell and add Austin likely as well, they're gonna need D desperately. George will likely trade for at least one D since the Bulls will have an OA problem next year with I think 8 93's in the lineup. You can keep 4 until January I believe. That means a few OA's need to be traded in the off-season which is probably where you make up for all those missing D for next year.

Old
03-20-2013, 03:21 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Considering they're losing 2 Veteran D 100% for sure in Silas and Cardwell and add Austin likely as well, they're gonna need D desperately. George will likely trade for at least one D since the Bulls will have an OA problem next year with I think 8 93's in the lineup. You can keep 4 until January I believe. That means a few OA's need to be traded in the off-season which is probably where you make up for all those missing D for next year.
I agree but all depends who gets pro contracts and who doesnt.
Maybe goes pro:
Brady Austin, Alan Quine, Tyler Graovac, Austen Brassard

Does not:
Micheal Curtis, Scott Simmonds, jake Worrad, Carter Sandlak

IMO deals will be made in the off season. Should get a healthy return a couple.

Old
03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
Renegader

Quite the game tonight. An 8-1 fight filled game. Hopefully the Bulls escaped without injury to anyone. Scott Simmonds is a man possessed. He was fantastic tonight.

Very disappointing crowd. 2,200 for a playoff game? Come on Belleville you can do better than that.

Old
03-21-2013, 10:23 PM
ImaBullsfan

Simmonds was good, but comon i coulda played with gaunce and graovac too!
In all seriousness Bulls were ALL over the steelheads tonite, beat them in every aspect of the game. Not sure if i liked the Worrad move to be the 2nd fight on the same stoppage of play. 2 game ban ?

Old
03-21-2013, 11:13 PM
Renegader

Quote:
In all seriousness Bulls were ALL over the steelheads tonite, beat them in every aspect of the game. Not sure if i liked the Worrad move to be the 2nd fight on the same stoppage of play. 2 game ban ?
I can't seem to find out if that's the case and Jack didn't mention it post game so I don't know.

Old
03-22-2013, 12:41 AM
EvenSteven

Quote:

Unless the rules have changed, these automatic type suspensions can be "bought back". This means the team would play a fine and the player doesn't serve the suspension.

Old
03-22-2013, 01:33 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
What happens with Quine if Detroit doesn't offer him a contract?? Does he get re-entered into the draft?? If so, where would he go??

Old
03-22-2013, 02:12 AM
Parksy

when I seen Worrad get into that fight, the first thing I thought of was suspension. The post game write up says a possible suspension. Good game overall. Hope they save some fights for those bums in Oshawa.haha

Old
03-22-2013, 02:13 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
What happens with Quine if Detroit doesn't offer him a contract?? Does he get re-entered into the draft?? If so, where would he go??
I think he would re-enter the draft but I'm pretty sure Detroit would like to lock him up.

Old
03-22-2013, 03:00 PM
Bubba P

Quote:
when I seen Worrad get into that fight, the first thing I thought of was suspension. The post game write up says a possible suspension. Good game overall.Hope they save some fights for those bums in Oshawa.haha
[/B][/B] Oshawa would have to get by Niagara & Barrie before they meet Belleville & Belleville will have to get by Brampton. I`m sure they will beat Mississauga.

Old
03-22-2013, 04:25 PM
Parksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba P View Post
[/B][/B] Oshawa would have to get by Niagara & Barrie before they meet Belleville & Belleville will have to get by Brampton. I`m sure they will beat Mississauga.
Yes preferably Barrie and Oshawa beat the snot out of eachother in the second round.
On another note, OHL draft on the 7th? Kind of early isnt it?

Old
03-22-2013, 04:49 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Yes preferably Barrie and Oshawa beat the snot out of eachother in the second round.
On another note, OHL draft on the 7th? Kind of early isnt it?
Actually Parksy! the draft is on sat April 6th, its early just because the bulls will still be in the playoffs! Any thoughts on who they should target in the first round?

Old
03-22-2013, 09:27 PM
ImaBullsfan

It will be very important for the bulls to escape the first round with minimal injuries. From what i was told was that a team could bye back a player from suspension during the playoffs.

Old
03-22-2013, 11:03 PM
Parksy

I would think they would go for a defensman. But theyll prolly take the best player available.

Closed Thread