*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
04-18-2013, 05:02 PM
BrianA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegader View Post
What a bunch of BS. Why does it even matter if they fought right out of the penalty box. Ridiculous.
100% agreed but they want staged fights out of the game.The next step in under 20 hockey will be to outlaw all fighting because of the potential long term health concerns and more importantly for management the lawsuits that are going to follow.

Old
04-19-2013, 12:56 PM
maldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
100% agreed but they want staged fights out of the game.The next step in under 20 hockey will be to outlaw all fighting because of the potential long term health concerns and more importantly for management the lawsuits that are going to follow.
The act of hitting can cause more long term health effects than fighting.Lets see them tack on lawsuits everytime a body check is thrown

Old
04-19-2013, 01:20 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
The act of hitting can cause more long term health effects than fighting.Lets see them tack on lawsuits everytime a body check is thrown
I agree but the high profile players who suffered "long term" mental health issues were all enforcers.They adsorbed constant head trauma.
The powers that be have already cracked down on head hits and though they are very inconsistent in their rulings,players are slowly getting that message.

Old
04-19-2013, 01:26 PM
BrianA

The lawsuits are inevitable and will follow for every athlete who suffers life altering brain injury

Old
04-19-2013, 10:47 PM
hockeykid87

What a game. I thought for sure it should have been a penalty shot for Gaunce at the end, but I guess it worked out either way. Scheifele is dangerous out there. Funny he looks so dangerous here, but in the NHL he was a non factor. I guess the ice time has something to do with that. Loved seeing Malcolm fist pumping the icing call with 14 seconds left, you can tell these guys want to win badly.

Old
04-19-2013, 11:08 PM
nowayguy
Maybe Next Year

The whole place erupted after Belleville scored their 3rd goal, it was awesome to be there despite the children and their cowbells.

Old
04-20-2013, 10:53 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

Congrats on drawing first blood in a really close well fought game.

Here's to a great series and may the best team beat London.

Old
04-20-2013, 11:53 PM
hockeykid87

Well, laid an egg an egg in that one. Gotta be ready for the next game to bounce back.

Old
04-22-2013, 08:39 PM
ImaBullsfan

Total BS call tonite! Interference maybe, if you watch joesph skating he wasnt even looking at the colts player till the last second. Then the colt d-man tried to set the pick and joe ran into him? After the non-call against him, them call that a match? Why do referees like to ruin the outcome of a good hockey game? Hope David Branch reviews this and sees it correctly.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:30 AM
BrianA

Malcolm is not playing up to his standards and with out him outplaying Niederberger,the Bulls chances are diminishing.He needs to be better.Quine and Zharkov need to produce offense.They both have another level.Game 4 will decide the Bulls season but I will be surprised if they don,t win.

Old
04-23-2013, 07:08 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Total BS call tonite! Interference maybe, if you watch joesph skating he wasnt even looking at the colts player till the last second. Then the colt d-man tried to set the pick and joe ran into him? After the non-call against him, them call that a match? Why do referees like to ruin the outcome of a good hockey game? Hope David Branch
reviews this and sees it correctly.
Branch fixing things?

At least the referees are decently consistent in one thing...how much they suck! There has been a lot of bs for a lot of teams but at least don't confine their ****** calls to 1 team :p

Old
04-23-2013, 09:29 AM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
Branch fixing things?

At least the referees are decently consistent in one thing...how much they suck! There has been a lot of bs for a lot of teams but at least don't confine their ****** calls to 1 team :p

Have you not been following the OHL long?The referee inconsistency has always been here and I guarantee it will not change.The semi-finals and the finals is when the OHL rewards their best officials.What does that tell you about the quality?The problem is that the OHL will defend the lack of consistency blaming it on the speed of the game,inherent human error,etc.
There is no true incentive to get better.The mediocre get rewarded and even promoted to the pro level.

Old
04-23-2013, 11:55 AM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Have you not been following the OHL long?The referee inconsistency has always been here and I guarantee it will not change.The semi-finals and the finals is when the OHL rewards their best officials.What does that tell you about the quality?The problem is that the OHL will defend the lack of consistency blaming it on the speed of the game,inherent human error,etc.
There is no true incentive to get better.The mediocre get rewarded and even promoted to the pro level.
Just getting the players ready for NHL calibre officiating I guess

Old
04-23-2013, 01:02 PM
SDRFAOBFH1

Quote:
Malcolm is playing up to his (AA)standards and being outplayed by Niederberger,the Bulls chances are gone.
It's all about the Subban's(just ask them!)

MS you should pack it in.

Old
04-23-2013, 02:12 PM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDRFAOBFH1 View Post
It's all about the Subban's just ask the other coaches

MS has been the best in the OHL
Agreed

Old
04-23-2013, 04:52 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Just getting the players ready for NHL calibre officiating I guess
Yes, but AA of the Colts to do the dying act worse than most Soccer players is truly classless! Then comes out and double-shifts the entire rest of the game! Shameful. And poor Jordan with two hands on his stick and stick on the ice and playing the puck gets tossed for the game with a 5 minute major, which was the SECOND one of the game against the BULLS and you're gonna tell me that wasn't totally one-sided officiating?!! And I rarely ever say a thing about officiating but 2 MAJORS with 2 guys getting tossed, a 2 and 10 to Graovac for getting jumped and pummeled before he tried to stop it and on and on was just out of this world one-sided!

Old
04-23-2013, 05:18 PM
BrianA

The quality of officiating in Jr. should not be a surprise.Before the series ends Colt fans will be saying how the refs did them wrong.It is another challenge for the winning team.

Old
04-23-2013, 05:40 PM
LeafsColts13

vCash: 453
I'm I missing something? AA was out for the rest of the period, when he got up, he was bleeding quite heavely and probably was checked for a concussion. If that's classless I guess I don't know the game to well.

Old
04-23-2013, 08:03 PM
Renegader

The referees are not the problem. The Bulls lack of discipline and selfish play are why they are in a 2-1 hole. A win tomorrow night and they take control of the series back.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:00 PM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsColts13 View Post
I'm I missing something? AA was out for the rest of the period, when he got up, he was bleeding quite heavely and probably was checked for a concussion. If that's classless I guess I don't know the game to well.
You are missing something, he was smiling on the jumbo tron skating to the bench after the 5 was put up and the reason he missed the rest of the period was because shiefle line played the minute and a half left and he was out 2nd pp unit for that same pp in the third. So ya you are missing something, but I wouldnt go as far to say classes because belleville would of done the same thing. Do i agree with the calls no, but belleville can be undisciplined and the ohl refs are terrible, so no need to completely harp on the players, and yes they are still KIDS.

Old
04-23-2013, 09:12 PM
krazy kanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
And I rarely ever say a thing about officiating but 2 MAJORS with 2 guys getting tossed, a 2 and 10 to Graovac for getting jumped and pummeled before he tried to stop it and on and on was just out of this world one-sided!
Know how you feel. We ended up with 13 games worth of suspensions, too:

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/schedule/show/game/64340

At least we get the Captain back for game 5. Wonder if the Bulls will be without players?

Old
04-24-2013, 12:08 AM
Aela*
#MeatisMurder

Send a message via Skype™ to Aela*
Quote:
There is no true incentive to get better.The mediocre get rewarded
and even promoted to the pro level.
The hell? When did I say anything different then what you're saying right now? The refs are even worse in the CHL than they are in the NHL imo.

Old
04-24-2013, 05:13 AM
BrianA

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaelanstorm View Post
The hell? When did I say anything different then what you're saying right now? The refs are even worse in the CHL than they are in the NHL imo.
Just saying it is very old news and part of the game.Coaches and players have to adapt according to what is and isn,t being called that game.
We have to hope it evens out but some officials think they should decide the series and not the players.

Old
04-24-2013, 08:26 AM
Bubba P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Yes, but AA of the Colts to do the dying act worse than most Soccer players is truly classless! Then comes out and double-shifts the entire rest of the game! Shameful. And poor Jordan with two hands on his stick and stick on the ice and playing the puck gets tossed for the game with a 5 minute major, which was the SECOND one of the game against the BULLS and you're gonna tell me that wasn't totally one-sided officiating?!! And I rarely ever say a thing about officiating but 2 MAJORS with 2 guys getting tossed, a 2 and 10 to Graovac for getting jumped and pummeled before he tried to stop it and on and on was just out of this world one-sided!
The only classless act here is Subban getting 2 head shot penalties in games 2 & 3 against AA. He shouldn`t have been playing in game 3 for the first head shot. The second one Subban didn`t even try to hit the body,just went for the head. He should be gone for 10 games or will Barclay Branch go crying to daddy.

Old
04-24-2013, 04:08 PM
Renegader

Crammer and Subban will both be in the lineup tonight.

Closed Thread