Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
06-30-2012, 01:43 AM
NHL Fanatic

vCash: 500
I think the Kuptsov move was smart on Belleville's end. In the end both teams got what they needed. Mississauga more risky due to Vasilevski's contract issues.

Kuptsov came into Majors camp looking amazing, the usual speedy, flashy Russian prospect scoring goals from any and every angle. He scored at least 2-3 goals per game. He was one of the top forwards coming out of camp. After camp it did take him time to adjust to the OHL game.

Kuptsov has good size, skating ability and hands. Kuptsov is a speedy forward with solid potential. He could very well be a 20-30 goal scorer in the league, he had many opportunities last year just couldn't capitalize. He generates a lot of offense coming down the wing through the neutral zone. His defensive game and play along the boards improved but it still needs work. Overall a good pick up and if he reports I'd expect him to have a top 6 role.

Old
07-05-2012, 02:05 PM
maldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
+1

Ive never heard him put down a kid. Ive seen him talk about legitimate issues, ones that others see. But thats not slagging anyone, thats simply open dialog.
Boy I wish Daniel Desousas parents read these threads....Id love to here what they would have to say to clear up a lot of this (excuse the pun) Bellvue Bull...LOL

Old
07-05-2012, 03:10 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
Boy I wish Daniel Desousas parents read these threads....Id love to here what they would have to say to clear up a lot of this (excuse the pun) Bellvue Bull...LOL
Parents are emotionally charged about their kids. They think the best, judge them as the best, while struggling to see that perhaps they have needs that need to be addressed.

We have a saying in the scouting community that we tell new scouts, 'Never as a parent about their son, they are the worst judge.' And it's understandable.

With regards to coaches, they will tell you whats good and bad about a player. The good ones (and there are bad ones) will tell you what they feel is an issue. My experiences with Strong where that he was pretty open about players. He was his son's worst critic, but always told the truth. This year was no different. Parents sometimes struggle with that truth, sometimes not.

I can only speak to my personal discussions with him, but he never 'skewered' any player, but I can see how honest criticism could be considered it.

End of the day he was drafted where one team projected him (without imput from any coaches), and slightly ahead of where OHL Central Scouting projected him. Good luck to the kid, he has talent.

Old
07-05-2012, 09:17 PM
maldo

Well said Tiger.....Im thoroughly convinced he is genuinely a second round pick and fortunatly to be picked by the bulls

Old
07-05-2012, 09:36 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by maldo View Post
Well said Tiger.....Im thoroughly convinced he is genuinely a second round pick and fortunatly to be picked by the bulls
He will do well in Belleville. His skating will really an asset on that rink. Probably one of the best spots for him.

Old
07-06-2012, 02:39 PM
ImaBullsfan

After a long week at the beach, i found myself mauling over the bulls deals over the past week, at first i was alittle pssst of the return on Chartrand but after thinking about it longer it wasn't that bad, plus it gave John a chance at a starting job. Many OHL scouts are saying the George stole Kupstov from missy, maybe, he will love the big ice in bellvegas! Corson to the colts well, his parents were surely behind this, personally seen both of them pissed off many times at home games, when they thought Dylan wasn't playing enough or the coaches decisions to play him in certain situations. Not to mention all the OHL priority selections we picked up in 5 deals. All in All a very good two days George, well done! I dont think he's done yet but we'll have to wait to see at camp.
P.S Congrats to Jason Shaw on being invited to the Toronto Maple Leafs rookie camp! WOW from being cut from the fronts in the preseason to being signed by the bulls the next day, to coming back for his OA season. Dreams do come true with hard work

Old
07-06-2012, 06:44 PM
ImaBullsfan

Reports are saying that Cramarossa and Shaw are back as overagers this year. Question marks surround Silas but if he returns it bodes well for the bulls to either keep him or trade him? IMO they should trade him, we would get the most return maybe another vet dman? I'm sure London,Windsor,Plymouth and Kitchener will all like to have the player of Stephens skill in the line-up.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:14 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Reports are saying that Cramarossa and Shaw are back as overagers this year. Question marks surround Silas but if he returns it bodes well for the bulls to either keep him or trade him? IMO they should trade him, we would get the most return maybe another vet dman? I'm sure London,Windsor,Plymouth and Kitchener will all like to have the player of Stephens skill in the line-up.
Petes are also in "go for it" mode and will likely be looking for a vet dman, Silas would be a nice fit with Koekkoek.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Petes are also in "go for it" mode and will likely be looking for a vet dman, Silas would be a nice fit with Koekkoek.
You certainly like to play GM don't you.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:52 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller4Gold View Post
You certainly like to play GM don't you.
Haha, hockey withdrawl is killing me.

Old
07-06-2012, 07:57 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Well that might be but i highly doubt that George would deal him to a division rival. But you never know stranger things have happened!

Old
07-06-2012, 08:00 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Haha, hockey withdrawl is killing me.
I hear ya, me too!

Old
07-08-2012, 07:31 PM
ImaBullsfan

Does anyone know how Jason Shaw and some of the other OHLers performed at the Maple Leafs rookie camp over the past week?

Old
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM
ImaBullsfan

Sounds like Mike McCarron might just be in the knights plans for the 13-14 season. That would boolster the bulls draft for years to come.

Old
07-10-2012, 01:07 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Sounds like Mike McCarron might just be in the knights plans for the 13-14 season. That would boolster the bulls draft for years to come.
Knights are probably one of two teams that could pull this off. This would be really interesting if they did.

Old
07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Crottenham

[QUOTE=Tigers1992;52171685]Parents are emotionally charged about their kids. They think the best, judge them as the best, while struggling to see that perhaps they have needs that need to be addressed.

We have a saying in the scouting community that we tell new scouts, 'Never as a parent about their son, they are the worst judge.' And it's understandable.

I understand that the majority of parents can lack objectivity, but there are some that can appreciate there are areas of their child that require improvement, and will try to provide a balanced assessment of their own kids; particularly those parents that played a sport at an elite level (not necessarily hockey) and understand making judgements on teenagers is a precarious process.

Old
07-18-2012, 08:45 PM
ImaBullsfan

I dont understand why we are still debating the whole Ken Strong vs Daniel DeSousa thing? The kid was a second rounder because thats where he fall for some reason or another. The Bulls have said that they had him ranked in the first! So they took him without even talking to him before. The Bulls scouts love him so time will tell. I for one seen him at the bulls camp, and thought he was great. Tons of potential for sure.

Old
07-26-2012, 07:36 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
I dont understand why we are still debating the whole Ken Strong vs Daniel DeSousa thing? The kid was a second rounder because thats where he fall for some reason or another. The Bulls have said that they had him ranked in the first! So they took him without even talking to him before. The Bulls scouts love him so time will tell. I for one seen him at the bulls camp, and thought he was great. Tons of potential for sure.
It was confusing for some people. I think the more u watched the Marlies the more u realized something was up. Alot of people think he was the whipping boy. He had top 3-4 minutes most of the time and other times got 6th man. It was all up to him and him playing the system and doing what Ken wanted. I dont believe he was a whipping boy. Strong was clearly frustrated having to "coach" this player a little more than others. Strong is a strict coach/no nonsense and he will bench anyone at any time. Desousa at times looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on the ice. At other times he was a stud with a ton of energy. Almost like 2 players in one.

Last edited by mapleleaf979: 07-26-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old
07-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
It was confusing for some people. I think the more u watched the Marlies the more u realized something was up. Alot of people think he was the whipping boy. He had top 3-4 minutes most of the time and other times got 6th man. It was all up to him and him playing the system and doing what Ken wanted. I dont believe he was a whipping boy. Strong was clearly frustrated having to "coach" this player a little more than others. Strong is a strict coach/no nonsense and he will bench anyone at any time. Desousa at times looked like he wanted to be anywhere but on the ice. At other times he was a stud with a ton of energy. Almost like 2 players in one.
I agree. I believe this coming year will be the year that the kid can show whether or not he is the real deal. On sheer talent he is near the top of the list. It will not be easier playing for Burnett so Daniel will have to apply himself. He will either prove to be a steal, or a healthy scratch and probably not a Bull for a long time. I don't think there will be much of a middle.

Old
08-13-2012, 02:38 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
I hear ya, me too!
Same here,

I'm a huge Shawinigan Cataractes fan but i am posted to Trenton for a year. I can't wait until the Bulls play they will be my junior team for this year.

Old
08-13-2012, 05:08 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
Same here,

I'm a huge Shawinigan Cataractes fan but i am posted to Trenton for a year. I can't wait until the Bulls play they will be my junior team for this year.
Cool, nice to have another junior hockey fan joining the bulls fan club!

Old
08-13-2012, 05:12 PM
ImaBullsfan

Congrats to Brendan Gaunce on signing his entry level deal with the Vancouver Canucks! Oh bye the way if there were any doubts on Sergey Kuptsov coming to the bulls training camp? Scratch that, he's already in Bellvegas!

Old
08-14-2012, 12:42 AM
JSavoire

Quote:
Congrats to Brendan Gaunce on signing his entry level deal with the Vancouver Canucks! Oh bye the way if there were any doubts on Sergey Kuptsov coming to the bulls training camp? Scratch that, he's already in Bellvegas!
I always knew he'd follow in the footsteps of his brother. Good for him...maybe some extra motivation to come out with a bang!

Old
08-14-2012, 09:05 AM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Good to hear that Kuptsov is on board, I think it was a smart move by Burnett and hope to see this kid given a chance on the right side with Gaunce and Zharkov. So much size, speed and talent on one line would be a nightmare for the opposition.

Old
08-19-2012, 01:44 PM
ImaBullsfan

Look forward to this week, the training camp roster will be announced. IMO what the bulls are lacking in the past say 5 years, is a David Silverstone, David Clarkson type player, a gritty hard-nosed good skater maybe alittle reckless at times but that kind of player that fans love.

Closed Thread