08-26-2012, 11:55 AM
jdan1997

vCash: 500
How can we find who's on each team?

Old
08-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Parksy

They'll have the rosters for each scrimmage printed out each day at the arena. George will switch them up a little bit everyday.

Old
08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
ImaBullsfan

The camp roster is now posted on the bulls web-site. One walk-on that caught my eye is Kirk Bricknell? played for Port Perry Jr.C. Any body know anything about him or seen him play? I scouting report would be most helpful.

Old
08-26-2012, 08:17 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
what's your expectations for Alex Carnevale? I watched him in a triple AAA tournament 2 years ago, he was pretty impressive, I think he might turn out pretty good for Belleville yet.
I always liked Alex, great speed always tenacious and will be greatly improved imo this year. Loved that hit last year on Bo Horvat, clean hit but maybe alittle blind sided. Cant wait to see how much the younger players have matured.

Old
08-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

With the upcoming labour strife in the nhl junior hockey can only benefit

Go Bulls

Old
08-27-2012, 06:28 PM
ImaBullsfan

Does anyone think that there will be any surprises at the bulls camp this year? IMO one young forward will make an impression.

Old
08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Does anyone think that there will be any surprises at the bulls camp this year? IMO one young forward will make an impression.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you see 2 or 3 make a strong and positive impression. Only question with the younger guns is maintaining focus and staying consistent. Experience helps there but then that's part of the process.

Old
08-28-2012, 02:17 AM
Westcoasthabsfan

Simmonds son needs to hit the road...hes useless and a waste of a roster spot

Old
08-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
Petti was flying all over the ice at the rookie camp, he has unbelievable hands, and a pro shot. The bulls have said Niki will be 100% when main camp opens
This is all very true, has he learned to pass the puck?

Old
08-28-2012, 06:03 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Simmonds son needs to hit the road...hes useless and a waste of a roster spot
Totally agreed! Hope George has the balls to tell Gord that his son is better off in Wellington. He would be a great leader with a younger Dukes team.

Old
08-28-2012, 06:05 PM
maldo

One of his attributes by several scouts and analysts was his very good ice vision which should lead you to believe he dishes the puck to make the good pass.Last year I saw him unselfishly pass off late in a game with the outcome already determined on a 3 on 1 instead of shooting for a hatrick.So to answer your question...yes he probably learned about two years ago and the person that told you he hogs the puck may have been watching his son !!

Old
08-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Miller4Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
This is all very true, has he learned to pass the puck?
Honestly? I get you where involved with the 96 Marlies, but you need to take the blinders off. Kid didn't play with the Marlies this year, and unless you traveled out to Welland, I doubt you saw him that much.

If, as an adult, you want to take shots at 15 year old kids, feel free to do so (I couldn't imaging doing it), but at least attach your name to it, that way parents can defend their child.

Niki is a great kid, Bulls are lucky to have him.

Old
08-28-2012, 09:56 PM
KnightsInsider93

Erie Otter Defenseman Kris Grant has asked for a trade to return back towards home and has not been invited back to Otters camp. Kris Grant is from Odessa Ontario close to Kingston, Ottawa, Peterborough and Belleville. Look for a trade coming within the next couple days.

Old
08-28-2012, 11:49 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Had the opportunity to watch Petti once and ref him twice this season. His puck distribution is more than fine, he has great vision as maldo said. He scored a lot at the AAA level because of his speed but there's certainly no puck-hog vibe with him at all. Clearly some bias from whoever made that statement.

Old
08-29-2012, 06:29 AM
hockeyonice

watched nikki about 30 times last year and many times this summer there isn't one selfish bone in his body. bellville has a great kid and player with him. Enjoy watching him i know i will miss watching him as many times as i did last year

Old
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Had the opportunity to watch Petti once and ref him twice this season. His puck distribution is more than fine, he has great vision as maldo said. He scored a lot at the AAA level because of his speed but there's certainly no puck-hog vibe with him at all. Clearly some bias from whoever made that statement.
There is no bias. I said he has a ton of talent and I know he is a good kid. In bantam he played on a team where he was not the only kid who didn't pass. It was a free for all and very ugly to watch.

Old
08-29-2012, 09:40 AM
Crottenham

Quote:
There is no bias. I said he has a ton of talent and I know he is a good kid. In bantam he played on a team where he was not the only kid who didn't pass. It was a free for all and very ugly to watch.
Coaching on Marlies in Bantam was sub-par. That was corrected in Minor Midget, but of course Petti had already moved to STA.

Old
08-29-2012, 10:57 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Coaching on Marlies in Bantam was sub-par. That was corrected in Minor Midget, but of course Petti had already moved to STA.
That was my point.

Old
08-30-2012, 09:47 AM
maldo

Quote:
That was my point.
I wouldnt even ask the question" did he learn how to pass?" if I saw any players stats like Niki Petti's from last year (40 G 45 A ) Looks to me like he dishes the bisquet just as good as denting the twine !!

Old
08-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Blackshad

I was at the game last night. I dont have the lineup with me right now but here's some points from someone that never saw any of those guys play before.

First period was awful. They were slow and the passes were bad. The tempo picked up after that and the 3rd period was quite good. Here's some info on what i saw.

1. PETTI, Niki had a good game, nice hands and good for turnovers. One of the first guy that caught my eye, then i looked at the lineup and i saw he was drafted in the first round last year. He showed nice individual skills.

2. DE SOUSA, Daniel. I was really impress for a 16 year old. That's quite a gem right there. IMO he will make the team. Good first past. Good defensively for his age. He has a mean streak. Looks like he likes hitting and getting under people skin. I like that.

3. ZHARKOV, I think he's gonna have a really good season. He has all the tricks a good russian player have. Made me think a little bit of Kabanov. Was a threat each time he was on the ice.

4. KUPTSOV, listed 6.02 but he doesnt look this size at all on the ice. Looks a little bit smaller. Nice acceleration.

5. KNIGHT, Lucas. Caused lots of turnovers due to forecheck. Didnt look out of place for a player coming from Jr. D. Had a really good game.

6. SUBBAN, Well what can i say that you guys dont know. Spectacular skating and acceleration. Lead the rush well, good first pass. Looks damn good defensively too. Quite a 1st defenceman on any team at 17. Only real flaw i see his is undersized for a defencemen. At 5.9 he will need to grow at least 2 inches.

On a side note, i dont know if it was the size of the rink, but it looks like the bulls need faster forwards. Maybe its because it is the first inter-squad game.

Dont know why they dont open the beer stand, there was enough people there they could have made money.

Anyway, i will be there tonight.

Old
08-31-2012, 02:29 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

What did you guys think of the new arena/facility? I took the tour the other day and thought the place was amazing, the attention to detail was phenomenal.

Old
08-31-2012, 02:37 PM
KL14

How did Cobold look...he is another 16 year old

Old
08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
What did you guys think of the new arena/facility? I took the tour the other day and thought the place was amazing, the attention to detail was phenomenal.
Its really nice. I was impressed. what a nice building.

Old
08-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Blackshad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL14 View Post
How did Cobold look...he is another 16 year old
Didnt see the guy. I will take a closer look tonight.

Old
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad View Post
Its really nice. I was impressed. what a nice building.
I would agree entirely! The layout and design and quality is worthy of high commendation to those that thought that out! I was impressed for sure. Now, if they can upgrade the Yardmen and still keep some of that feel to it would be great!

Closed Thread