Closed Thread

Old
06-21-2013, 06:10 PM
ErieOttersNews
Connor Come Back

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Its hard to say that given that Saban and Dermott have played 0 OHL games. Raddysh played 24 games and Felker 17. No arguements on anything Pelech related. He is a warrior.

The Euro...I think the Euro draft is forward heavy toward the top, it will be interesting what they do. Last year's import draft did little to nothing for the team. Taking Dansk who I think is good, did little for a rebuilding team. Kuleshov was a fish out of water. Goldobin went 36th.
Yes, I amended my statement below, IF those four young guys turn out well we will have a rock solid defensive core. As for the Euro draft, it may actually be better to go after a forward with the 5th pick, as it seems forwards come out better than dmen do from europe. Then we can trade for at least one, if not two veteran dmen to be competitive this season.

Old
06-22-2013, 09:56 PM
ottergolfer

Ninth round (161st overall) Nathan Kwieciniski, 6-1, 185 lbs who played for Detroit Little Ceasars. He is a RD that compiled 5 goals and 10 assists in 31 games, with 14 penalty minutes.

i see this kid has tweeted Nate Kwiecinski ‏@NateKwiecinski4 21 Jun
Proud to be apart of the Chicago Steel organization in the #USHL #freeagentstatus

so gives up on Otters to join ushl? explain this please

Old
06-22-2013, 10:08 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottergolfer View Post
Ninth round (161st overall) Nathan Kwieciniski, 6-1, 185 lbs who played for Detroit Little Ceasars. He is a RD that compiled 5 goals and 10 assists in 31 games, with 14 penalty minutes.

i see this kid has tweeted Nate Kwiecinski ‏@NateKwiecinski4 21 Jun
Proud to be apart of the Chicago Steel organization in the #USHL #freeagentstatus

so gives up on Otters to join ushl? explain this please
Going to play ncaa.

Old
06-24-2013, 07:44 PM
ErieOttersNews
Connor Come Back

Some Otters news today broke by Victor Fernandes:
-Otters training camp will start on August 27th and it will be held at Mercyhurst.

-The Otters arent using their import pick on a goalie (surprise) and are going forward with Dansk-Williams as the duo in net.

-The Otters are expected to announce the signing of Travis Dermott and/or Jesse Saban sometime soon.

-Last, the regular season schedule will be released thursday at the latest.

Old
06-26-2013, 01:41 PM
NeutralityEleven

Send a message via AIM to NeutralityEleven
I'm fairly confident that the Otters are planning on drafting Andre Burakovsky in the Import Draft. Should he be selected prior, I believe the selection will be Phil Baltisberger. There are a couple connections in Europe that have guided the Otters to these types of players in the past (think Sondre Olden.)

There will be a ton of competition in camp for spots, and the Otters need to hit a home run in the Import Draft. They can't afford to "Kuleshov" this pick if they want to get back to respectability.

Old
06-26-2013, 02:03 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plymmy11 View Post
I'm fairly confident that the Otters are planning on drafting Andre Burakovsky in the Import Draft. Should he be selected prior, I believe the selection will be Phil Baltisberger. There are a couple connections in Europe that have guided the Otters to these types of players in the past (think Sondre Olden.)

There will be a ton of competition in camp for spots, and the Otters need to hit a home run in the Import Draft. They can't afford to "Kuleshov" this pick if they want to get back to respectability.
Interesting. I have now heard Burakovsky to Otters, 67's and Petes. Top 3 teams picking.

Old
06-26-2013, 04:57 PM
ErieOttersNews
Connor Come Back

I agree, this import pick is huge. If we pick up a solid player, whether it be a forward or a dman, it would be a big step towards putting a competitive team out there this season. I dont know much about import draft prospects, just waiting to see who we pick up.

Old
06-26-2013, 09:10 PM
SeanLafortune
@SeanLafortune

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
Pelech-Trade
Import-McDowell
Raddysh-Dermott
Abraham and Saban as the extras.
I wouldn't be penciling in Dermott just yet. He has not signed, and there is still some work to be done. Erie still has some work to do, he has some high end US schools after him.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:57 PM
OHLFan8771

I really hope that he signs with Erie. He has improved so much since being drafted and is only getting better. If you had to venture a guess as where he will sign what would you say?

Old
06-27-2013, 04:48 PM
ErieOttersNews
Connor Come Back

Schedule's been released, happy to see we get to host a New Year's Eve game this season. That five game road trip at the beginning of the season is big.

Old
06-28-2013, 09:02 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I really hope that he signs with Erie. He has improved so much since being drafted and is only getting better. If you had to venture a guess as where he will sign what would you say?
I believe Dermott will sign with Erie when all is said and done. He has developed like crazy this year and has a shot at an NHL career potentially. Sure he has other options in the NCAA. If he wants to chase that dream there is no better place to do it but in the CHL. He was a old team-mate of Mcdavid back in the York Simcoe Days. He was one of two players playing up an age group in those days. Both are from Newmarket obviously. The exposure Mcdavid will get over the next 2 years will help showcase certain Otters in the NHL draft. Strome has all the makings of a first round NHL pick in his own right in that same draft year. Mcdavid is going to go off like a man possessed this year.

Old
06-28-2013, 11:49 PM
ErieOttersNews
Connor Come Back

Agree with what mapleleaf said above about Dermott. He is friends with both McDavid and Raddysh, and though it is a bit ridiculous for me to aniticipate him signing based off his twitter account, he has tweeted several things about the otters and how the otters were impressed with him. I could very well be completely wrong but I just think he is going to play for the Otters this season.

Old
06-29-2013, 10:26 AM
KnightSpit

Erie D NHL Bound Already ???

Quote:
I believe Dermott will sign with Erie when all is said and done. He has developed like crazy this year and has a shot at an NHL career potentially. Sure he has other options in the NCAA. If he wants to chase that dream there is no better place to do it but in the CHL. He was a old team-mate of Mcdavid back in the York Simcoe Days. He was one of two players playing up an age group in those days. Both are from Newmarket obviously. The exposure Mcdavid will get over the next 2 years will help showcase certain Otters in the NHL draft. Strome has all the makings of a first round NHL pick in his own right in that same draft year. Mcdavid is going to go off like a man possessed this year.
Wow the guy has not even played a single game in the O and he is already Johnny Boychuk, Duncan Keith and Chara all rolled into one. He should skip the O and go straight to the show, I heard the Leafs are already interested in the Kid. Way to go Erie, sounds like you have the rookie and MVP of the year for next year and the puck has not even dropped. He will probably win you the Memorial Cup against the Knights next year as well

Last edited by KnightSpit: 06-29-2013 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old
06-29-2013, 12:42 PM
LKF

Quote:

Have seen Dermott since he was 8 years old. He never played up unless as a call up. Hence he and McDavid played together as McDavid played with the 96's. Dermott always considered as one of the top D men in the 96 age group. Very skilled, great passer... However at about PeeWee he started to be left behind (not based on skill) but on size. He has been a late bloomer and really grown the past 2 years becoming again one of the top 96 Dmen out there.

Old
06-29-2013, 01:00 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKF View Post
Have seen Dermott since he was 8 years old. He never played up unless as a call up. Hence he and McDavid played together as McDavid played with the 96's. Dermott always considered as one of the top D men in the 96 age group. Very skilled, great passer... However at about PeeWee he started to be left behind (not based on skill) but on size. He has been a late bloomer and really grown the past 2 years becoming again one of the top 96 Dmen out there.
Yes u are correct. When I said he played up, I didnt mean full time. Mcdavid was the only 97 on that Express team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Wow the guy has not even played a single game in the O and he is already Johnny Boychuk, Duncan Keith and Chara all rolled into one. He should skip the O and go straight to the show, I heard the Leafs are already interested in the Kid. Way to go Erie, sounds like you have the rookie and MVP of the year for next year and the puck has not even dropped. He will probably win you the Memorial Cup against the Knights next year as well
My post and your response, do not match. All I took from your post, is immaturity and whining.

Old
06-29-2013, 01:50 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
What do u think the Otters will do in the Import Draft?

Old
06-29-2013, 07:54 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
What do u think the Otters will do in the Import Draft?
bass says he has eye on a couple skill players (not goaltenders ) and will fill a need (insert defense man here) and pass on the second pick

looks like Dansk is in the Otters plans this year...

Old
06-29-2013, 11:40 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Congrats on the dumbest post on this board. I'm not sure if you are an idiot or a terrible troll. All he said was Dermott has a chance to have an NHL career and you go off on a whiny rant comparing him to some of the best dmen in the world. Go back to the Knights board.
Thanks for the support. U got what I said . If that was my son, I wouldnt being saying your NHL dreams are over, Id say keep working, go get it!! Its closer than it was a year ago!! It means the world to these young players. Cheers.

Old
06-30-2013, 12:45 AM
SeanLafortune
@SeanLafortune

Quote:
Last I was told by some involved was that it was a 50/50 proposition.

Old
06-30-2013, 03:16 PM
CC87

This fits in nice right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
Hey NHL

I saw that Murphy Kid play against London 2 years ago and thought all the tools were there. London and or Windsor will take him and Felker if you guys don't want them. Also, I still think Harper could be a future Bryan Bickell, Felker a future Karlsson, Murphy a future Seabrooke or Keith and then again I could be completely wrong. But one thing is for sure, you guys have to amke changes on your D, cause how could it get any worse than last year ? Good Luck

Old
06-30-2013, 09:57 PM
ErieOttersNews
Connor Come Back

Connor Crisp got taken in the third round by Montreal! Very happy for him, hopefully this gives him a spark and he puts in a consistent effort night in and night out. He could be a first line forward in this league if he can improve his skating.

Old
06-30-2013, 10:09 PM
ErieOttersNews
Connor Come Back

Harper goes undrafted, completely fell of the board. Hopefully he finds some motivation and consistency next season.

Old
07-02-2013, 09:05 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Harper goes undrafted, completely fell of the board. Hopefully he finds some motivation and consistency next season.
Not surprised that happened at all. His production this past season was just not worthy of being a draft pick. He has tons of talent so lets hope he has a rebound year and proves people wrong.

Old
07-03-2013, 11:15 AM
OHLFan8771

Andre Burakovsky selected by Erie. What a huge impact he can make this upcoming season. I am pretty confident he will sign, and that makes their offense better immediately.

Old
07-03-2013, 12:01 PM
defensehockey19

Huge get for Otters. Well done.

Closed Thread