*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-25-2012, 02:17 PM
OHLFan8771

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor McJesus View Post
long time lurker here, but besides that.
I just want to point out how the J.P. Labardo trade was a steal for Erie.
It's only been 12 games this season, but Labardo is going to have a career season being on a line with the Connors.
As of now 5G+8A=13
Career high is 10G+12A=22pts in 60 games
Certainly agree with you here, at a little over a point per game pace that is a huge steal considering all that Oshawa got was a 15th round pick. If he keeps up the pace he is at now this could be one of the best trades of the season.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:23 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Certainly agree with you here, at a little over a point per game pace that is a huge steal considering all that Oshawa got was a 15th round pick. If he keeps up the pace he is at now this could be one of the best trades of the season.
Labardo must have wanted out of Oshawa for some reason in order for Oshawa to give him up for that little.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:30 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Labardo must have wanted out of Oshawa for some reason in order for Oshawa to give him up for that little.
I do not know if he wanted out of Oshawa or not. Although I have not heard that he did, he did seem to be the odd man out as far as OA's go in Oshawa because they have Sabourin, Schemitsch, and Petgrave. Given the fact that his best offensive season was just 22 points in 60 games and he is an OA all three of those things seemed to maybe bring down his trade value a little. I am not sure many would have predicted the point per game pace before this season.

Regardless he has played great for Erie and is a hardworking leader, I am glad he is in Erie and hope he continues his success.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
I do not know if he wanted out of Oshawa or not. Although I have not heard that he did, he did seem to be the odd man out as far as OA's go in Oshawa because they have Sabourin, Schemitsch, and Petgrave. Given the fact that his best offensive season was just 22 points in 60 games and he is an OA all three of those things seemed to maybe bring down his trade value a little. I am not sure many would have predicted the point per game pace before this season.

Regardless he has played great for Erie and is a hardworking leader, I am glad he is in Erie and hope he continues his success.
He literally had no trade value. Was almost waived.

Quote:
Who would you have kept over him? He was the 4th best OA at the time. Everyone in the OHL was asked to submit an offer, and that was the best that Oshawa got.

Id think that Labardo may be the prime example of a player who is elevated because of his linemates.

Old
10-25-2012, 02:44 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
He literally had no trade value. Was almost waived.

Who would you have kept over him? He was the 4th best OA at the time. Everyone in the OHL was asked to submit an offer, and that was the best that Oshawa got.

Id think that Labardo may be the prime example of a player who is elevated because of his linemates.
Obviously, but still to see a player like him go for as little as a 15th rounder is kind of weird. Nikolay Prokhorkin went from London to Barrie for a 15th round pick and he isn't even going to play at all this year.

Somebody in Oshawa must have thought very low of Mr. Labardo

Old
10-25-2012, 03:15 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Obviously, but still to see a player like him go for as little as a 15th rounder is kind of weird. Nikolay Prokhorkin went from London to Barrie for a 15th round pick and he isn't even going to play at all this year.

Somebody in Oshawa must have thought very low of Mr. Labardo
Its supply and demand. If there is no offers, how can you trade him for more?

Old
10-25-2012, 03:18 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Its supply and demand. If there is no offers, how can you trade him for more?
If Knights could find a demand for someone who isn't even going to play this year, shouldn't be hard to find a demand and get more than a 15th.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:24 PM
KnightsInsider93

It's a non issue now however. Whats Done is Done, Erie Stole him.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:46 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
If Knights could find a demand for someone who isn't even going to play this year, shouldn't be hard to find a demand and get more than a 15th.
The Oshawa Generals let every team in the league know that he was available, as well as the timeline that they where working on. This was the only deal that they where approached with. There was one team who was inerested, and they made an offer.

I do believe that there will be a 5th headed to Oshawa if Labardo stays on the Erie roster past the OA deadline. Was not reported, but just like the Connor Carrick trade, there is a condition. Even Erie didn't think hed stay on the roster past the OA deadline.

If you know of another team that made a better offer, please enlighten me.

Old
10-25-2012, 03:48 PM
bigdogsnipedaddy

Saw Sherry Bassin at the Newmarket Hurricanes OJHL game on sunday. Is he looking to make a move with someone on Newmarket or Aurora Tiger team?

Old
10-25-2012, 04:49 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
The Oshawa Generals let every team in the league know that he was available, as well as the timeline that they where working on. This was the only deal that they where approached with. There was one team who was inerested, and they made an offer.

I do believe that there will be a 5th headed to Oshawa if Labardo stays on the Erie roster past the OA deadline. Was not reported, but just like the Connor Carrick trade, there is a condition. Even Erie didn't think hed stay on the roster past the OA deadline.

If you know of another team that made a better offer, please enlighten me.
I honestly really don't care...Erie is not the team I follow. But based on Labardo's numbers this season, Erie Stole him in my books.

Old
10-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
I honestly really don't care...Erie is not the team I follow. But based on Labardo's numbers this season, Erie Stole him in my books.
Thats fine, as is your perogative. Just informing others of the situation. Bring facts to the table. You said that 'someone in Oshawa must hate him', when in fact 18 other teams passed on him.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 10-25-2012 at 06:07 PM.
Old
10-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdogsnipedaddy View Post
Saw Sherry Bassin at the Newmarket Hurricanes OJHL game on sunday. Is he looking to make a move with someone on Newmarket or Aurora Tiger team?
Probably just looking at Jordan Dunin on Newmarket and Dylan Sikura on Aurora. Both Otters picks. I believe Sikura has an NCAA commit while Dunin is a call up for the Otters.

Old
10-26-2012, 04:43 PM
OHLFan8771

Nick Betz underwent an emergency appendectomy today; timetable for his return is unknown.

Looks like he is out for a while.

Old
10-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

McDavid's streak continues and Brown is having a great time after 1.
2-0 otters

Old
10-26-2012, 07:25 PM
Wyrmidon

Natural hatty from Brown in the game today. 4-2 at the end of the 2nd.

Old
10-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

Erie loses, but they still got a point and McDavid's streak continued

Old
10-27-2012, 10:18 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Erie loses, but they still got a point and McDavid's streak continued
I know they blew the 3-0 lead in that game and there is no reason why they should have lost but all in all they played well and battled all night. I can't say anything bad about the effort last night and it is a good learning experience for a promising team, they have played much better the last 3 weeks.

Old
10-27-2012, 03:39 PM
KnightSpit

Erie D and Dansk Your Views

I mainly follow the Knights and Spits but Erie does look interesting. Dansk is the real deal, that kid could make it to the show, but facing more rubber than he would workng at GoodYear or BF GoodRich will not do him good. What is it a ridiculous 40 shots per game ??

As for the D, answer me this. Erie had Masskant a 6ft 4, 200lb plus monster who was a solid stay at home type and could shut down palyers and he is released ? There was a guy last year Murphy, who is at least 6ft 2 and played with you guys in a 10 games and got at least 3 points and was on the PP with Olden and McKeeg agains London and had a good plus minus. What happened to the kid, thought he was on the roster, or should be ? and then what is the deal with this so called Russion Phenom, who they never even saw play. Apparently Artem Kuleshov (sic) has played 10 games, has no points and is a Minus 10, like what is with all that?

No quesiton about the Eire offensive threat and that McDavid is a pleasure to watch but the D needs a shake up. Also any thruth to the Knights maybe seeking an Erie D ?? Thanks for your opinions

Last edited by KnightSpit: 10-27-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

Kuleshov has such an awful +/- because he was the unfortunate soul that ended up on the ice during London's onslaught and against Kingston.

I agree this team needs something to be done on defense because Dansk might be able to stop 35-40 shots a game, but sometimes he won't and the team will look a lot like last year's team.

Unless London wants say Nathan Glass (who I think is worse than Kuleshov) there really isn't a D-man on this team that is trade-able.
I see Bassin going after another d-man similar to what he did for Abraham

Old
10-27-2012, 05:18 PM
NHL Fanatic

Dansk was drafted by Columbus, him facing 30- 40 shots a night now will prepare him for when he hits the NHL because I don't expect that to change.

Last edited by NHL Fanatic: 10-27-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old
10-27-2012, 07:43 PM
KnightSpit

Dansk and Erie D

Well
40 shots a night is great to prepare you for the show, however it can also run down a young goalie pretty quick and you get the feeling that if the Otter's had anyone else other than Dansk in net this year, in spite of McDavid, who is the real deal, they would not have won a game so far.

My guess is they will play Dansk into the ground, I wonder if Columbus has any say. Still think London might want an Erie D, or an Erie D in their system, ie non roster player or one they drafted. Just goes to show you, goal-tending at any level is still 75% of the game

Old
10-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

We can only hope is he fine.
Victor Fernandes ‏@GoErieHockey
Here's an update on Adam Pelech ... he's expected to have x-rays on his left ankle, but it's believed to be a bruise, not broken. #erielive

Pelech was walking gingerly as he exited the dressing room to talk to what I assume was an Islanders scout ... #erielive

Apparently, Pelech took a shot off the same spot on that ankle in Friday's game ... #erielive

Old
10-27-2012, 08:50 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
My guess is they will play Dansk into the ground, I wonder if Columbus has any say.
Columbus will call the shots completely, Erie will do what Columbus tells them to do most likely. If the Blue Jackets are not pleased with how he is developing in Erie, his time here will be short lived.

Old
10-27-2012, 08:52 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
We can only hope is he fine.
Here's an update on Adam Pelech ... he's expected to have x-rays on his left ankle, but it's believed to be a bruise, not broken. #erielive

Pelech was walking gingerly as he exited the dressing room to talk to what I assume was an Islanders scout ... #erielive

Apparently, Pelech took a shot off the same spot on that ankle in Friday's game ... #erielive
If his ankle is broken Erie is in a lot of trouble, lets hope the X-rays come back negative.

Closed Thread