HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Dangle: Start Something Big

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!

vCash: 500
I watched the first 40 secs, I couldn't stand to watch anymore, annoying and easily hate able...

Looks like an idiot, sounds like an idiot.

Edit: BTW, I knew nothing about him prior to the 40 seconds, so consider me "unbiased".

Old
Transplanted Caper

I too, blame all of this, whatever it is, on Jeffler.

Old
Jackothy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
Oh god that almost made me cry laughing

Old
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
SteveDangle

Hey man thanks for posting this. I appreciate it. Really happy I got to do this.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:55 PM
SteveDangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
I find him arrogant. what separates real sports media from the wanna be's is respect for the people who contribute by tuning in. He's often dismissive and disrespectful of anyone who disagrees with him.
Not a fan. The ego thing is a factor for sure...
Hey Durkin,

I've heard this before, so I can't just dismiss it. There's obviously something to it.

I don't think I dismiss people quite in the way you're saying. I strongly disagree with a lot of things, but when I get nailed on a point or someone shows me the light or explains something in a new way, I'm always open to it and I've changed my opinions on things 100 times. As I should; I'm 24. What 24-year-old has life figured out? Not me.

You also have to keep in mind that if I said "Here's every possible opinion you can have on this topic" in every video they'd be about 20 minutes each. I'm aiming for 5 or less. There's a reason I'm on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, looking in the YouTube comment box - I want YOUR opinion. That's what a healthy debate is, and since you're not in the room with me, I can't do that unless I get a response. And I love response. I wouldn't have achieved anything if nobody cared enough (positively or negatively) to respond.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:59 PM
SteveDangle

I would have thought that, too, but surprisingly it's a bit older.

Since the beginning of 2012t goes:
1. 18-24 males (19.2%)
2. 25-34 males (18.3%)
3. 13-17 males (13.9%)

Old
05-02-2012, 02:00 PM
SteveDangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
I watched the first 40 secs, I couldn't stand to watch anymore, annoying and easily hate able...

Edit: BTW, I knew nothing about him prior to the 40 seconds, so consider me "unbiased".
LOL wow. Well that sucks.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:03 PM
Predaleafs

i had the opurtunity to do an interview with him for a school newspaper, over email yes, but he was nothing but helpful with it. Steve shows that he has made it in the industry that most of my classmates tried for and it just goes to show what someone can do with alittle hardwork.

Never understood the hate

Old
05-02-2012, 02:04 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
My comment inspired you enough to tweet about it eh

Haha but for the most part I don't mind and actually kind of enjoy your stuff lol

Old
05-02-2012, 02:06 PM
SteveDangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowseidon View Post
I've been watching him since he started, lately I've been brushing away though, he's gotten big headed more recently. Kind of a gord off camera, but I'm happy he found a job at CBC.
This one concerned me more than the dude who couldn't make it past 40 seconds of watching me haha.

I hope your opinion that I'm a "gord" off-camera isn't based on a meeting. I'm usually awkward when I meet people, especially if they say hi because of the videos. I'm self-conscious and never really know what to say. I've taken pictures with people (that's a weird experience) signed autographs (an even weirder experience), and signed Leafs jerseys (the weirdest experience). To be honest I don't know why anybody likes my stuff, but the ones that do, I get anxious about being as nice to them as a can be.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:12 PM
fourofakindfowl

aww I like you now

Old
05-02-2012, 02:16 PM
SteveDangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
By contrast, I find Chansler (Clayton Hansler) to be the exact opposite. He clearly appreciates his opportunity to be involved with the game, and treats Leaf/Marlies fans with respect, both online, and in person. Ran into him at a game and he was a true gentleman. Class is either something you have, or something you don't...
Changed my mind - THIS is the most disappointing one I've read.

I don't appreciate it? How on earth would you know that. That one really, really bugs me. I've worked to get to where I am (and I still live and home so it's not like I'm amazing) but EVERY single shift I walk into the CBC, I'm like "OMG, I'm at the CBC." If I didn't care I'd be unemployed.

Here's what really sucks and is really frustrating: You say I don't appreciate it, MEANWHILE, if I talked about just how much I appreciate it I'd be called an arrogant *******. Again. What can I do?

Anyway, it's fine if you don't like me or my stuff. That's fine. But I don't appreciate it? That's more insulting than any curse you could have thrown my way.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:17 PM
Giuseppe Sallo
ELE-VAT-ED

"It's that internet guy, right?!"

It seems like everyone on the internet is famous for something... though gotta give dangle credit for making the most of his opportunity even though I find him annoying like pruaneforever.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:19 PM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDangle View Post
Changed my mind - THIS is the most disappointing one I've read.

I don't appreciate it? How on earth would you know that. That one really, really bugs me. I've worked to get to where I am (and I still live and home so it's not like I'm amazing) but EVERY single shift I walk into the CBC, I'm like "OMG, I'm at the CBC." If I didn't care I'd be unemployed.

Here's what really sucks and is really frustrating: You say I don't appreciate it, MEANWHILE, if I talked about just how much I appreciate it I'd be called an arrogant *******. Again. What can I do?

Anyway, it's fine if you don't like me or my stuff. That's fine. But I don't appreciate it? That's more insulting than any curse you could have thrown my way.
I might not find you funny, but you can definitely tell you realize where you are and how crazy it is that you're there, and how you got there. Some people will just say stuff. Honestly..

Old
05-02-2012, 02:20 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Steve,

Not bad, man. Having an opportunity like you have earned would be great. Hahaha, I've never even seen a game at the ACC. I need to start making vids!

Old
05-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Budsfan

Steve Dangle also posts here on HF boards in the Leafs forum, although I haven't seen him here recently.

We have some pretty decent people posting on this site and whatever their slant on the Leafs or Marlies, they know hockey and it's always interesting.

Well had to edit there you are.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:22 PM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
Steve Dangle also posts here on HF boards in the Leafs forum, although I haven't seen him here recently.
Not sure if serious...?

Old
05-02-2012, 02:28 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Dont get me wrong I respect Steve for all the hard work he's done to get where he is now, I've actually been watching his vids since the 2nd LFR season pretty much lol

Old
05-02-2012, 02:32 PM
BlueMapleDawg

I've been watching since the beginning, although much less recently, and I have to say he used to be more opinionated than he is now. I liked that. It's good to have an opinion.

I feel like now Dangle tries to reserve what he says slightly and ends up being more broad and less concise.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:33 PM
rajot

followed him since gusty signed. always checked it out first thing in the morning after every game. lost interest in the last weeks of this season. i've probably been put off by the growing depressive content the episodes have but of course that kinda goes with the splendid second half of the season.

i also think there is too much analysing of stats an stuff but maybe that's an north american thing

other than that, i say keep it up!

Old
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
LOL you just made that, didn't you?
Give me an excuse to make a gif and a gif will be made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transplanted Caper View Post
I too, blame all of this, whatever it is, on Jeffler.
Rules to live by.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOurGame View Post
Oh god that almost made me cry laughing
Mission accomplished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko99 View Post
My comment inspired you enough to tweet about it eh

Haha but for the most part I don't mind and actually kind of enjoy your stuff lol
To be fair, everything inspires me to tweet, I only do so about 18.5 million times a day . But yeah, it just really threw me off to come into a thread about Steve and see a passing shot at myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDangle View Post
This one concerned me more than the dude who couldn't make it past 40 seconds of watching me haha.

I hope your opinion that I'm a "gord" off-camera isn't based on a meeting. I'm usually awkward when I meet people, especially if they say hi because of the videos. I'm self-conscious and never really know what to say. I've taken pictures with people (that's a weird experience) signed autographs (an even weirder experience), and signed Leafs jerseys (the weirdest experience). To be honest I don't know why anybody likes my stuff, but the ones that do, I get anxious about being as nice to them as a can be.
I'm going to finish off my mini-hijacking of this thread by bringing it back here, and saying I totally agree with this though. I don't get as much of the attention in this regard that Steve does, but I'm starting to get people stopping me to say hi cause of my blogs or twitter or whatever now. I've found out a few times that people have mentioned that I'm kinda awkward.

Honestly, it's the same situation with me - I'm awkward because I have no idea why anyone in the world WANTS to meet me or why people like what I do. 99% of the time my head is spinning along the lines of "THIS IS REALLY COOL BUT WHY IS THIS HAPPENING OH GOD DON'T SAY SOMETHING STUPID".

I'm sure I'm not the only one other than Steve who's like this, so there's my vouch on this point.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
Drew311
We Hardly Knew Ye

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post

Was just about to write something very similar to this, you pretty much summed it up.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:54 PM
go_leafs_go02

I like Steve, I've watched his videos the last few years, and usually am completely amused by them and enjoy them.

Steve is what the goal for most broadcasting students want to be. Start doing bedroom videos, get bigger and bigger, and end up with success in the mainstream. That's awesome to see, and what a success story you are in those terms.

I can see a little bit where getting so big, so quickly can cause you to have your head swell a tad, and to be honest, for anyone else here - it would be the exact same.

Steve went from a small guy doing videos in his basement for fun into someone sponsored by Nike and working for the CBC - all in his own effort - you worked hard doing those videos, spending what I'm assuming hours putting each and every video together. It's now paying off for him big time.

Also, for a media member - Steve also does alot of talking with his viewers, while you see for example people from TSN on Twitter just telling the news and barely talking to and from any followers on twitter.

All the best Steve, you're a true success story from little fish to working with the big fishes. I'm sure in the future that future doors will open up for you and that you'll keep on saying to yourself: "Wow, how did I get here?!?!"

Last edited by go_leafs_go02: 05-02-2012 at 02:59 PM.
Old
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Torts

keep it up dangle, good stuff always

following him on twitter yet watching the something big episode i found out im not subscirbed to him, just did

i think he's very original, thats what makes him entertaining

Old
05-02-2012, 02:58 PM
thas

I for one absolutely love Steve Dangle's LFR videos. Though I can't really say the same about his other videos & by that I mean the playoff ones. I find the LFR videos to be quite entertaining & informative, but maybe that's just because many of my views are shared by Steve. He does a great job trying to calm down Leafs fans when they start to overreact & I think that's one of the best parts about him.

I'm really not seeing the arrogance that some of you people mentioned. He seems passionate about his views & tries his all to defend them. You guys do that all the time on here...

Closed Thread