HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Steve Dangle: Start Something Big

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 02:01 PM
AmazedRink
Nifty Mittens,ATTACK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
man, i envy your room. my girlfriend has taken mine over and i don't even have a real jersey.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:14 PM
LakeshoreWest
Leafs in 7

Steve, I walked by you at Union stn. a few months ago and knew I recognized you from somewhere but couldn't put my finger on it until like 2 weeks later. Good times, lol.

Keep doing what you're doing, ignore haters.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:19 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Steve gets trash talked-->Shows up in thread.

Jeffler gets trash talked-->Shows up in thread.

Time to trash talk Mila Kunis.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:24 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDangle View Post
Hey man thanks for posting this. I appreciate it. Really happy I got to do this.
Np man, keep up the good work.

Some people might not like what you do but there are a whole lot of people that love it.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Penalty Kill Icing*
Fire Carlyle

vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLeaf View Post

Now we need a thread to trash a certain Leafs fan about his photoshop skills.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:58 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Changed my mind - THIS is the most disappointing one I've read.

I don't appreciate it? How on earth would you know that. That one really, really bugs me. I've worked to get to where I am (and I still live and home so it's not like I'm amazing) but EVERY single shift I walk into the CBC, I'm like "OMG, I'm at the CBC." If I didn't care I'd be unemployed.

Here's what really sucks and is really frustrating: You say I don't appreciate it, MEANWHILE, if I talked about just how much I appreciate it I'd be called an arrogant *******. Again. What can I do?

Anyway, it's fine if you don't like me or my stuff. That's fine. But I don't appreciate it? That's more insulting than any curse you could have thrown my way.

I am sure you appreciate cashing a cheque doing something you enjoy. And Kudos for being a self starter. The difference to me is Chansler doesn't portray what I feel is an attitude of self righteousness, and where I have found you to be condescending or at times disrespectful to those with a contrasting opinion who bother to pay attention to what you do, he has always been gracious and professional. Ive met him in passing at games, and we'e even had differences of opinion on Twitter, etc. He's always taken the high road...no college boy buffoonery and smack talk, just pure professionalism. No need to make excuses...

with all due respect, you've been condescending and downright ignorant to those who suggest things you disagree with, IMO. The difference between real pros and those who want to be, in my opinion, is the way they handle those situations, not just the interviews with celebrities, or video product. I actually used to really enjoy your work and found you insightful and someone who showed an eye for the finer points,but the way you treat people who don't agree with you leaves me wanting. As a result, like those who share this point of view, I simply stopped paying attention.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:

YES!

Old
05-02-2012, 03:05 PM
SteveDangle

Quote:

LOL hahahaha

On that note I hate Rachel McAdams and Scarlett Johansson!

Old
05-02-2012, 03:05 PM
Jeffler
Shut Up Jeffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durkin67 View Post
I am sure you appreciate cashing a cheque doing something you enjoy. And Kudos for being a self starter. The difference to me is Chansler doesn't portray what I feel is an attitude of self righteousness, and where I have found you to be condescending or at times disrespectful to those with a contrasting opinion who bother to pay attention to what you do, he has always been gracious and professional. Ive met him in passing at games, and we'e even had differences of opinion on Twitter, etc. He's always taken the high road...no college boy buffoonery and smack talk, just pure professionalism. No need to make excuses...

with all due respect, you've been condescending and downright ignorant to those who suggest things you disagree with, IMO. The difference between real pros and those who want to be, in my opinion, is the way they handle those situations, not just the interviews with celebrities, or video product. I actually used to really enjoy your work and found you insightful and someone who showed an eye for the finer points,but the way you treat people who don't agree with you leaves me wanting. As a result, like those who share this point of view, I simply stopped paying attention.
So you're asking for your media and known faces to act fake and not show genuine belief and expression in their opinion, but rather to just smile, back down, and let you say something they disagree with, as if they're obligated to make your side of the coin feel like it has more weight even in times where it might not.

Makes sense.

"Mophead in the middle is the mad scientist of the group. He sits quietly, wide eyed with a smile on his face until someone unleashes him, and then he explodes into an explanation Fury like a coked out physicist explaining the Theory of Relativity to a grade 8 class."
Follow me on Twitter
Old
05-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Guy Boucher

Quote:
Changed my mind - THIS is the most disappointing one I've read.

I don't appreciate it? How on earth would you know that. That one really, really bugs me. I've worked to get to where I am (and I still live and home so it's not like I'm amazing) but EVERY single shift I walk into the CBC, I'm like "OMG, I'm at the CBC." If I didn't care I'd be unemployed.

Here's what really sucks and is really frustrating: You say I don't appreciate it, MEANWHILE, if I talked about just how much I appreciate it I'd be called an arrogant *******. Again. What can I do?

Anyway, it's fine if you don't like me or my stuff. That's fine. But I don't appreciate it? That's more insulting than any curse you could have thrown my way.
There's this folk story my parent's used to tell me: A man decides to teach his son a lesson so they go out for a walk with their donkey. The man rides the donkey while the boy walks alongside him. When people see them pass by, they say "what kind of lazy, heartless father is this? He rides while he makes his poor son walk?".

So the man gets off the donkey and lets his son ride while he walks. They pass by another group of people who see them and say "what kind of ungrateful, rude son rides the donkey while he makes his father walk?".

So, they decide to both ride the donkey. Only then, some people see them and disgustedly state "how cruel are these two people to overburden the donkey with both of them riding it?".

So, they get down and neither of them ride the donkey. People once again see them and say "why are these idiots walking and neither of them riding the donkey?".

Finally, frustrated, they decide to carry the donkey instead of riding it.

The point is: Trying to please everyone will only make a donkey happy. Haters gonna hate.

Old
05-02-2012, 03:10 PM
SteveDangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Boucher View Post
There's this folk story my parent's used to tell me: A man decides to teach his son a lesson so they go out for a walk with their donkey. The man rides the donkey while the boy walks alongside him. When people see them pass by, they say "what kind of lazy, heartless father is this? He rides while he makes his poor son walk?".

So the man gets off the donkey and lets his son ride while he walks. They pass by another group of people who see them and say "what kind of ungrateful, rude son rides the donkey while he makes his father walk?".

So, they decide to both ride the donkey. Only then, some people see them and disgustedly state "how cruel are these two people to overburden the donkey with both of them riding it?".

So, they get down and neither of them ride the donkey. People once again see them and say "why are these idiots walking and neither of them riding the donkey?".

Finally, frustrated, they decide to carry the donkey instead of riding it.

The point is: Trying to please everyone will only make a donkey happy. Haters gonna hate.
That's actually a fantastic story haha that's a perfect way to look at it. If I didn't have any attitude or confidence in my videos, then I'd be called boring and nobody would watch. And so on, yada yada.

Great post (although I'm biased).

Old
05-02-2012, 03:29 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffler View Post
So you're asking for your media and known faces to act fake and not show genuine belief and expression in their opinion, but rather to just smile, back down, and let you say something they disagree with, as if they're obligated to make your side of the coin feel like it has more weight even in times where it might not.

Makes sense.

No, Jeffler..and if you're unable to differentiate between disagreeing emphatically in a way that challenges your audience and actual disrespect, theres little I want to say to you any further on the matter...that whole clapping with one hand thing...

Ive tuned in to the Dangle show (free plug!) on sunday morning to hear Dangle take his views to the extreme, to the point where he's crossed the line and insulted people in such a way as would warrant intervention from moderators, had it happened here.

My final thought: Dangle is a talented young guy who has done well. For that, heartfelt congrats. The big headedness and disrespect toward those who pay attention, who happen to differ in opinion is something he'll likely grow out of, and go on to enjoy a successful broadcasting career. If it goes down like that, I'm sure my kids will be watching him on HNIC some day. For his sake I hope so...

Done with this topic. Sorry if anyone got their feelings hurt. Somehow I think the individual at the centre of it will be the least bothered.

Last edited by Durkin67: 05-02-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Old
05-02-2012, 03:35 PM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Bah. Dangle simply rode on the coat tails of Justin Fisher, who used to post on here all the time. Now he has dissapeared and all we hear about is this Dangle kid. What happened to Fisher posting all the time Dangle? What really happened?

Old
05-02-2012, 05:46 PM
SeenSchenn2
Have Faith GLG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
Bah. Dangle simply rode on the coat tails of Justin Fisher, who used to post on here all the time. Now he has dissapeared and all we hear about is this Dangle kid. What happened to Fisher posting all the time Dangle? What really happened?

Old
05-02-2012, 06:42 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

I'm sure it's pretty interesting.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
05-02-2012, 07:41 PM
SteveDangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
I did to him what David Booth did to that bear. I just didn't post it on Twitter like a knucklehead.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
I did to him what David Booth did to that bear. I just didn't post it on Twitter like a knucklehead.

so violent

Old
05-02-2012, 08:09 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

so violent
Closest thing to a 'trophy' Booth sees this year.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
I've always liked Steve's stuff, and when the rabble here is all fire
this, trade this, we should've kept that, Steve is always bringing back to
a less fevered pitch, and we need more of that.

The lone thing I didn't like, but can understand, was the short videos,
during the collapse, I'm sure many felt the same way.

Its bittersweet to see Steve move up/on in life: I see a day when LFR
will cease to be.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:00 PM
FrozenJagrt

I've watched a few of Steve's videos. Not many. The first I ever watched was when he discussed the Phaneuf/Giguere trades. I don't find him funny at all. He's informative, he shares his opinion, and he's passionate as hell, that's all I give a damn about. I don't find any of you people funny, and yet I keep coming back to HFBoards. Is it any different?

And people ripping on him for seeming "condescending" when getting in debates, saying that's not how professionals work? Do you people follow Bobby Mack on Twitter? He regularly talks down to people, and has ripped on Eklund numerous times. He's even come on here and posted things that came across as arrogant. Who cares?

Credit to you, Steve. You made it to a point that I was never able to get to. I don't really know HOW you did it. You posted videos on Youtube talking about the Leafs. You're certainly not the only one, and you know that. You may be the most fortunate though, and I know you appreciate what you've got. I'm sure it took a lot of hard work and dedication, so kudos.

Seriously though, Steve, if you read this. Talk to whoever you have to talk to in order to get KesselySnipes a job. That man(woman?) is a Youtube phenom.

Old
05-02-2012, 10:10 PM
Kulemon

I like him. Dont care for his recent stuff though. Mostly because the leafs are eliminated

Last edited by Kulemon: 05-02-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old
05-02-2012, 10:13 PM
TrueBlue86

the russian guy ruined him

Old
05-02-2012, 10:43 PM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post
I've watched a few of Steve's videos. Not many. The first I ever watched was when he discussed the Phaneuf/Giguere trades. I don't find him funny at all. He's informative, he shares his opinion, and he's passionate as hell, that's all I give a damn about. I don't find any of you people funny, and yet I keep coming back to HFBoards. Is it any different?

And people ripping on him for seeming "condescending" when getting in debates, saying that's not how professionals work? Do you people follow Bobby Mack on Twitter? He regularly talks down to people, and has ripped on Eklund numerous times. He's even come on here and posted things that came across as arrogant. Who cares?

Credit to you, Steve. You made it to a point that I was never able to get to. I don't really know HOW you did it. You posted videos on Youtube talking about the Leafs. You're certainly not the only one, and you know that. You may be the most fortunate though, and I know you appreciate what you've got. I'm sure it took a lot of hard work and dedication, so kudos.

Seriously though, Steve, if you read this. Talk to whoever you have to talk to in order to get KesselySnipes a job. That man(woman?) is a Youtube phenom.

...Let's all take a moment to care about one media personality ripping on another...K, I'm done...
Regarding MacKenzie, I have yet to see him INITIATE an antagonistic exchange with a follower. Sure he calls out the jackasses who take cheap shots, but I have yet to see him insult someone who didn't disrespect him first. And having a difference of opinion isn't disrespect, nor does it warrant insult or personal attack. Thats the major difference. Thats professionalism.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:19 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Good on him. It's fine to like/dislike his videos, but people shouldn't have to be so negative.

Old
05-03-2012, 11:57 AM
SteveDangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace14 View Post

Thanks, Ace

I'm pretty sure I brought Kessely Snipes up to one of my superiors last season. I absolutely love his ****. So sick! But as you can imagine, a 23-24 year old industry rookie doesn't have much clout. I'm always talking to people saying "We gotta get this guy, we gotta work with that guy." I want to create a hockey blogging version of the Avengers haha

Closed Thread