HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Game 3 | Coyotes @ Predators | 5-2-12 | 6PM | CNBC

Old
05-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 0
So excited and so nervous at the same time. Just get the win tonight.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Scottrocks58*
Six

vCash: 500
The Coyotes need one game in Nashville to take a commanding lead. I don't care which one, but this one would be nice.

Scottrocks58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:36 PM
yotesfordays

It's all about taking advantage of opportunities. Chicago severely outplayed us in game 6 and we won by the biggest margin of the whole series. Preds are like us, they will give up chances if the forechecking is heavy, especially if Aucoin and Schlemko are in . I don't care what anyone says, having your top 2 playoff scorers out hurts. If we play like we did in game 2, no one beats us. We need a split at the very least. I hate waiting for the games to start!

yotesfordays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Exactly...another game just like the 2nd should get us a 3-0 series lead and closer to our goal.

We need the Whitney/Hanzal/Vrbata line to shine tonight. I love the fact that Pred Fans think that even with Rads & AK out that they are better on paper. Our team doesn't get any respect whatsoever, but as long as we keep winning, I don't care.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?

Does Schelmko stick being in the lineup? He was kinda dopey and looked lost last game. He was playing the left side with Aucoin I'd see, and then he'd go chasing a guy all the way on the right side, where Aucoin was and Auc would have to adjust to the left. Then other times he was just standing around watching the puck taking wacks at it whenever it came close to him. Meh, we still won... so he wasn't that bad I guess. Made me kind of miss Roszival actually...

Tootoo, and whoever else they go with, I'm guessing Halishuck are better guys to play the Coyote I'd think. No fancy dangling skils, just some meat and potatos from them. Expecting another frantic 1st period.

Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

I was hoping for Stone, but there isn't anyway he'll get in, if OEL couldn't do it last playoffs, Stone certainly can't do it this playoffs, but he's a better option as he's more mobile than Rozy, certainly moves the puck better and then he's tougher than Schlemko.

More than likely Rozy is back in and that is ok. He's better on the PK and we've been holding them 5 on 5 so having the stronger PK guy is smarter.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Gwyddbwyll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
troll, eh? Not quite, I just didn't like the trailer park picture.

And on your second comment, this game will not be the same tonight. Going with more grit and forechecking and players that will actually play defense. It should be a low scoring, grinding game. But that's what the first 2 should've been as well. Preds haven't lost at home yet and I don't expect them to tonight, maybe on Friday but not tonight.
St.Louis had one of the best home records in the league.. Coyotes beat them 4-1 in a crunch game.

Chicago were boasting about their home record.. Coyotes won all three games there, including a 4-0 win.

Dont make the same mistake of underestimating the Coyotes on the road.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Especially since the Yotes have beaten Nashville 3 straight in their own building.

Old
05-02-2012, 02:09 PM
starman
we're here to stay!

Normally I'm a cat-lover and don't have anything negative to say about cats......however tonight I want our Coyotes to grab the kitty by the throat, clamp down with jaws of steel and crush the breath out of it for a full 60 minutes. The pack wants another kill tonight!!

starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Colt45Blast
It works every time!

vCash: 0
Quote:
I will grant your wish but you shouldn't be so uptight. Plenty of Yotes fans have been visiting our GDT's as well. You need to get used to other fans visiting your boards. You can not control this. The farther along you all go, the more visitors you will have, including me. Sheesh, you'd think you all are down 0-2 with some attitudes around here.
We don't have a problem with people visiting our boards, we have a problem with anyone looking to cause trouble.

Besides, we heard all of this talk about how this series is too friendly and we need to have some hate involved. Now that there is some hate involved, those who have asked for the hate are not liking it.

Not saying you are doing this but this is a good message to give to everyone; Careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:15 PM
PhoPhan

Was anyone actually asking for more hate?

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:19 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Desert Ranger

Quote:
Sheesh, you'd think you all are down 0-2 with some attitudes around here.
We are used to being beat up, doesn't change easily. Gonna take an owner or a cup, probably both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I honestly don't see what the big deal is from either sides here.
I concur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
on cnbc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
I don't mind games being on CNBC. It's more widely available than NBC Sports Network (Versus). Playoff hockey should always be able to be found in the basic 99.

Yep. Basic cable vs Premium. CNBC has WAY more potential eye balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfp View Post
Can't say I blame you. I don't really understand why it's there - 100% not necessary.
Generally agree, but going back to what Blubba said; pretty damn small potatoes far as HF goes.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:05 PM
zz

I would really, really enjoy a win tonight. I'm sick of Nashville being the new darling. I hope they crash and burn in embarrassing fashion.

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM
moosemeister

I didn't know this was the GDT for today!

Hoping for a great win tonight. We've beaten them in their building, and we should continue that tonight.

Love the Gif of Radulov and Kost. Laughed for like 10 minutes straight. lol

moosemeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:24 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I will grant your wish but you shouldn't be so uptight. Plenty of Yotes fans have been visiting our GDT's as well. You need to get used to other fans visiting your boards. You can not control this. The farther along you all go, the more visitors you will have, including me. Sheesh, you'd think you all are down 0-2 with some attitudes around here.
You need to get used to our GDT's. It was a picture of a trailer park, big deal.

There are seperate forums for teams for a reason. You came over here to cause trouble, that's it. I avoid the other teams forum just because there is no reason for me to be over there, unless I have a question about said team. Same should be for everyone else.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:28 PM
TeamTippett
Formally TeamTurris

what happened to our good luck charm being included in the GDT? Emma Whats her name?

TeamTippett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Matsi
got paws?

I'm Swiss and if the Predz weren't playing the 'Yotes, I'd root for them. Not only because of Josi, of course, but also because I've always liked them.

I hope the desert dogs win this series. I've been a fan ever since I started following NHL hockey in 2001, back when Teppo was still anchoring their blueline and Shane was up-and-coming.

Now, with many players on their roster that I have a soft spot for - Whitney, Doan, Chipchura, Langkow, Boedker, Klesla, Yandle - I just have to support this great team.

I'm also a huge Arizona fan, I've been there the previous two summers, doing research and visiting friends on the Apache reservations.

Good luck to the pack!

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:03 PM
TGOTC
Yer a wizard Oliver

I didn't think the trailer pic was funny at all. Quite frankly, I thought it was stupid. Preds fans did nothing to deserve that. AP stooped to the level of relocationists who would post empty pictures of our stadium to mock us.

TGOTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:28 PM
samuraifailure

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz View Post
I would really, really enjoy a win tonight. I'm sick of Nashville being the new darling. I hope they crash and burn in embarrassing fashion.
Second that. Like someone said on the Playoffs-board, people make it seem like they are the second coming of the 83 Oilers, and Phoenix didnt stand a chance in the first place. I love it that Phoenix will expose them and beat em in their "own" game.

samuraifailure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:15 PM
zz

This is the longest day ever. Is it 6 PM yet?

zz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:20 PM
CitizenCoyote

Unfortunately, if there's anything this year's NHL playoffs has shown us, momentum really only lasts as long as the next shift. The way the Preds ended game 1, you'd think they couldn't lose. The way the Yotes played game 2, you'd think the Preds winning 4 of 5 would be a near impossible task.

Yet, period after period, and series after series, it just doesn't seem to go that way. 24 hours ago, Philly had one hand on the cup. Today, they are a flawed team with a shaky goaltender and L.A. is ready to be crowned.

Who knows what tonight will bring? It would be really nice if the Yotes could find a way to keep their building quiet and get them on their heels a bit with some doubt. At the same time, I can't shake the feeling that a 3-0 series lead against a team that was 7 points better and 16 games above .500 at home this year is not in the DNA of our "hockey the hard way" heroes.

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
CoyoteSoldier
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouX View Post
Sweet GDT, can't wait for this game, we could out them in a strangle hold. Let's put the kitty to bed. No pity for the kitty!

Must be a Sun Devil! Can't wait...gettin ready for the game here in New York, and will be loud all night no matter how late it goes!!!! GO DESERT DOGS!!!!!!!!!

CoyoteSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:53 PM
CitizenCoyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamTippett View Post
what happened to our good luck charm being included in the GDT? Emma Whats her name?
Yeah, where's Emma?

CitizenCoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Any streams? If I wait til the nyr/was game ends Ill probably miss most of the first period.

And whats the big deal about the trailer park? Ive seen other GTDs for other areas like detroit, chicago. I found it amusing and I lived in a trailer when I was young.

Its in the phoenix forums. You can expect the opposing team to get ripped on. We arent going to the nashville forum to post the pictures or even the general playoff thread.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Any streams? If I wait til the nyr/was game ends Ill probably miss most of the first period.

And whats the big deal about the trailer park? Ive seen other GTDs for other areas like detroit, chicago. I found it amusing and I lived in a trailer when I was young.

Its in the phoenix forums. You can expect the opposing team to get ripped on. We arent going to the nashville forum to post the pictures or even the general playoff thread.
Game is on CNBC. Regular cable should have it.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote