HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

ECSF Game 3: Rangers at Caps 730 Verizon Center

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-03-2012, 09:58 PM
  #951
ForzaItalia
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 500
CBC saying that Boudreau will be in studio this Saturday for Game 4.

Good luck?

Bad luck?

ForzaItalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:19 PM
  #952
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter
 
californiacapsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Berzerkeley, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,762
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
CBC saying that Boudreau will be in studio this Saturday for Game 4.

Good luck?

Bad luck?
Dumb luck.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:42 PM
  #953
CapsWolverinesUSA
Registered User
 
CapsWolverinesUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,134
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abooch68 View Post
The thing about a long game like this is you can tell that the Rangers are the more conditioned team. The style of play they have been playing under Torts for the last few years has done this.
IMO, it's less about conditioning than skating. These are all conditioned athletes and at this point in the season, when all teams have played exactly the same number of games over a 6 month period, I don't think there is much validity to the idea that Team X is materially more conditioned than Team Y. Some individuals who work more or less hard, maybe. But as a whole team? Don't buy it.

As I see it, the longer a game like that goes, the greater the magin between great and mediocre skaters become. Great skaters move more efficiently, with less energy. The Rangers have some great skaters. Kreider and Hagelin are young burners. Gaborik is a great skater. Richards is a great skater. It's no coincidence that those 4 guys seemed extra dangerous in the 3rd OT. But if you noticed, Chimmer, Backstrom and Ovechkin were also still moving well.

On the whole, we are not quite the skating team the Rangers are. We're much bigger than them. We're not built for a marathon.

CapsWolverinesUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:37 PM
  #954
Dream Big
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Big View Post
thebleacherreport.com/tb/bgxD5?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter& utm_campaign=nhl

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:42 PM
  #955
Dream Big
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaItalia View Post
CBC saying that Boudreau will be in studio this Saturday for Game 4.

Good luck?

Bad luck?
Good Luck.

I think he still is proud of having been a part of this team.

You have to admit he was Mr. Personality. I think most of the fans have to still have some affection for him even if it isn't 100%.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:43 PM
  #956
Dream Big
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsWolverinesUSA View Post
IMO, it's less about conditioning than skating. These are all conditioned athletes and at this point in the season, when all teams have played exactly the same number of games over a 6 month period, I don't think there is much validity to the idea that Team X is materially more conditioned than Team Y. Some individuals who work more or less hard, maybe. But as a whole team? Don't buy it.

As I see it, the longer a game like that goes, the greater the magin between great and mediocre skaters become. Great skaters move more efficiently, with less energy. The Rangers have some great skaters. Kreider and Hagelin are young burners. Gaborik is a great skater. Richards is a great skater. It's no coincidence that those 4 guys seemed extra dangerous in the 3rd OT. But if you noticed, Chimmer, Backstrom and Ovechkin were also still moving well.

On the whole, we are not quite the skating team the Rangers are. We're much bigger than them. We're not built for a marathon.
Could also be what they ingested between the periods. Apparently Staal ate 5 bananas.

Some pure oxygen probably would have been helpful too.

Dream Big is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:31 AM
  #957
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 24,286
vCash: 50
Apparently all the Russians drank red bull.

Mixed with vodka. And smoked cigarettes.

It was midnight after all.

I am joking its not a real story its the internet.

Point being, indeed mid period meals may be in play, along with efficient skating. Carlson and Alzner seemed gassed more than the Rags dmen - I presumed from PK duty.

RandyHolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:56 AM
  #958
Koized
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,668
vCash: 500
This team has competed a lot better this year in the playoffs then any of the past years. Expect a big W tomorrow!

Koized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 06:42 PM
  #959
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7,812
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koized View Post
This team has competed a lot better this year in the playoffs then any of the past years. Expect a big W tomorrow!
I wonder if Brooks Laich has any idea why that has been the case

Quote:
Watching Washington celebrate, it was hard not to imagine that this was exactly the kind of game the Caps would have found a way to lose in the past.

Capitals forward Brooks Laich suggested the difference comes from the personality of coach Dale Hunter.

"I hear you guys talking about it and you ask about a different mental toughness," Laich said. "It's a different makeup of a team a little bit. It comes from our head coach and he's a very calm, composed guy behind the bench and he really, I said it from day one when he got here, he runs a tight ship and he's a guy that we draw from."

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.