HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

If Calgary Trades Kipper this offseason

Old
05-03-2012, 10:34 AM
scoringmachine

vCash: 500
If Calgary Trades Kipper this offseason

If this happens what would be Calgary best option be and who do we get.

Two option.

1. Look for a new number one
2. Two Goalie system where you have no number one goalie but ride two goalies and the goalie playing the better of the two plays more games.

I would go with option two using Karlsson and Irving it is not a great pair but I am hopeful Ramo can come during the 2013/14 season an become our number one goalie.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:38 AM
Internazionale

Why look for a new #1 when you have Irving and Ramo? Ramo could be tempted to come to Calgary if Kipper is traded. Do I think it will happen? Probably not. Iginla will get traded before Kipper in my opinion.

Internazionale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
kthsn

If you go into the season with an Irving/Karlsson tandem you might as well trade away Iginla and do a full rebuild.

That tandem could have Reimer/Monster-like season.

Without Kipper I don't see the Flames making the playoffs.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Marlo Stanfield
My Name Is My Name

vCash: 50
I like Irving. Think you guys could be fine with him and Ramo. Who knows maybe they'll turn into a Halak/Elliot type combo

Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:53 AM
xIggy93x

Irving/Ramo would be the way to go. Do I think this will happen? Not likely.

xIggy93x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
If you go into the season with an Irving/Karlsson tandem you might as well trade away Iginla and do a full rebuild.
Full rebuilds go much quicker when you're willing to move your star players when they still have value. Moving Kipper/Iginla now as opposed to in a year or 2 would likely

A - Get more assets since their value will be higher
B - Those assets will be acquired sooner, and thus be developed sooner
C - Calgary will "bottom out" sooner, instead of grasping at straws until it all falls apart and they bottom out in 2 years instead of right now. Aka what happened with Toronto.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
ttam103

Chicago could use a Kipper. Well basically all the teams interested in Luongo will look at kipper too. Does Kipper have a no trade?

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:05 AM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam103 View Post
Chicago could use a Kipper. Well basically all the teams interested in Luongo will look at kipper too. Does Kipper have a no trade?
He does, and it expires in June.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:19 AM
scoringmachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Jonsson View Post
I like Irving. Think you guys could be fine with him and Ramo. Who knows maybe they'll turn into a Halak/Elliot type combo
Right now Ramo is playing in the KHL and has stated that he will finish his contract with his KHL team first then return to the NHL. He still has one more year left in the KHL. So he will not be available this coming season.

scoringmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Medium Rare*

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoringmachine View Post
Right now Ramo is playing in the KHL and has stated that he will finish his contract with his KHL team first then return to the NHL. He still has one more year left in the KHL. So he will not be available this coming season.
there has been grumbling from the Calgary media that Feaster is working on getting Ramo out of the final year of his contract. If he is successful it may be a precursor to a Kiprusoff trade

Medium Rare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:18 PM
JetsAlternate

How much better has Ramo become since playing for the Lightning? I remember him being quite average when he first played for the team. Then again, he was only 23 years old and was part of that revolving door of Tampa Bay Lightning goaltenders.

JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:32 PM
blankall

Feaster is a genius. Why use your own draft picks or develop your own stars when the KHL can do that for you.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:09 PM
Miller Time

i'd try to get a decent 1B/back-up goalie in return as part of the package for Kipper (though added as a "throw-in" once the main pieces of the deal were in place.

TB- Garon
Toronto - Reimer
Chicago - Crawford/Emery

then have a 3-way competition in training camp btw irving/karlsson/new guy.

definitely though, if they move kipper, they'd better be moving Iginla as well b/c Kipper has been the only thing keeping the flames from oilers territory in the standings the past few seasons.

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:58 PM
avsman

And with the number one pick in the 2013 nhl draft the calgary flames are proud to select from the qmjhl...

avsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:31 PM
Rockmorton

Done like dinner

For those hockey fans who dont follow the Flames, Karlsson is done in Calgary. If he doesnt go back to Europe, he will ride the pine in the AHL. The Flames didnt use him down the stretch, instead, they burned an emergency call up to bring Irving up whenever Kipper needed a rest. They usually sent Irving down the next day.

Karlsson wont be a Flame for much longer, methinks.

Rockmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 10:39 PM
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan

It's better to get 2 capable goalies and hope one (or both) of them plays himself into being a stud (like the LA Kings or STL Blues).

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:22 AM
sem1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post

That tandem could have Reimer/Monster-like season.
Without Kipper I don't see the Flames making the playoffs.

it would be worse imo. and im a pretty big critic of those two busts in toronto. karlssons brutal and i wouldnt be confidant in irving as a number one/getting the majority of a seasons starts.

with this roster right now, without kiprusoff the flames arent even having a decent run at the 8th spot like the last two seasons.

this coming from a flames diehard. if kipper goes i really only see rolling the dice on ramo being our only option in our system at the moment. only other way is if we get one back in a trade for kipper and the only team that might work with is crawford and chicago, a pretty meh replacment but ya. guess that would work until we can get ramo over here.

sem1 is offline   Reply With Quote