HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Dudley named assistant GM in Montreal

Old
05-02-2012, 11:10 AM
edwardslane

vCash: 500
I'm sure Dudley, Loiselle, Nonis and Burke have talked in great detail who they plan to take at #5 overall.. Imagine the look on burkes face if montreal selects the player the leafs want~ haha. It'll probably happen anyways though.

edwardslane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:11 AM
Budsfan

I wonder if Allaire might be on their radar too and as he is only a consultant here, he may want to consult there and to heck with retiring.

Budsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

i thought Loiselle was the rumored guy???

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Dont know about you, but dudley has more experience and more reputation that Loiselle. He was a pro scout in the ducks organization, while Dudley was a key figure in the hawks, and the bolts organization and has always been a excellent talent evaluator. Picking players like Kane, Burmistrov and Bogo?
Kane is a no brainer pick. Absolute no-brainer. That's like praising Tambo for picking Hall and RNH and most likely Yakupov.

The Jets would be much better right now had they picked Pietrangelo who looks like he's the best D in that draft.

Burmistrov hasn't really hit his stride.

I don't doubt his talent but he isn't really that important to the Leafs. He came just over a year ago and nobody knows the influence he's had.

With Loiselle, Nonis, Poulin, and the crew, someone at some time was going to go.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Kane is a no brainer pick. Absolute no-brainer. That's like praising Tambo for picking Hall and RNH and most likely Yakupov.

The Jets would be much better right now had they picked Pietrangelo who looks like he's the best D in that draft.

Burmistrov hasn't really hit his stride.

I don't doubt his talent but he isn't really that important to the Leafs. He came just over a year ago and nobody knows the influence he's had.

With Loiselle, Nonis, Poulin, and the crew, someone at some time was going to go.
But he didn't even have the first overall.

Also at the time of the top 5 defensemen, it was Doughty, Bogo, arguably both were tied for the first spot if I recall correctly in that small group of pumped up defense. Not to mention he picked up Bouwmeester in his tenure in florida.

I respect Loiselle a lot because he is the guy who handles our salary cap and contract negotiation, but I would be very much interested in keeping that talent evaluator who can pick up strong players in the draft.

05-02-2012, 11:33 AM
Yosho
Logic

Has Dudley improved the Leafs?

No one has any idea. I'm sure if Burke needed him here, he wouldn't let the two talk.

Not too sure why people are upset?

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:36 AM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
Has Dudley improved the Leafs?

No one has any idea. I'm sure if Burke needed him here, he wouldn't let the two talk.

Not too sure why people are upset?
Dramatic fanbase is dramatic.

SprDaVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:43 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
I love this board . You guys haven't a clue what Loiselle or Dudley do in their every day job BUT you want to keep Dudley and give Loiselle.

On second thoughts...Dudley is a cooler name.

Give them Loiselle!!!
Depends on how you look at this. If Burke does in fact get fired, then the best possible replacement would be coming within considering we have 2 (maybe more?) people on the management team with prior GM experience. If Dudley goes, who was a good GM, then Nonis gets the go ahead who has the same mentality as Burke. If people cannot stand what Burke was trying to build than Nonis will not be any better.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:45 AM
Durkin67
Leaf Opinionist

Quote:

Also at the time of the top 5 defensemen, it was Doughty, Bogo, arguably both were tied for the first spot if I recall correctly in that small group of pumped up defense. Not to mention he picked up Bouwmeester in his tenure in florida.

I respect Loiselle a lot because he is the guy who handles our salary cap and contract negotiation, but I would be very much interested in keeping that talent evaluator who can pick up strong players in the draft.

Agree, 100%. For a fan base that is critical of Burke's talent based decisions, having arguably the most knowledgeable source in the game on your staff is a negative only in this market...

Durkin67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:52 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:

Especially considering the Connolly and Komisarek contracts.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Barilko14

Quote:
Dont know about you, but dudley has more experience and more reputation that Loiselle. He was a pro scout in the ducks organization, while Dudley was a key figure in the hawks, and the bolts organization and has always been a excellent talent evaluator. Picking players like Kane, Burmistrov and Bogo?
Not that i disagree with you, but those aren't great examples of his talent evaluation. Taking players where they were almost unanimously picked to go should not get praised.

His work with Byfuglien, and believing in St. Loius are among the achievements he deserves praise for.

Barilko14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:00 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
Especially considering the Connolly and Komisarek contracts.
I dont think he was here for the Komisarek signing though, but the Connolly one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barilko14 View Post
Not that i disagree with you, but those aren't great examples of his talent evaluation. Taking players where they were almost unanimously picked to go should not get praised.

His work with Byfuglien, and believing in St. Loius are among the achievements he deserves praise for.
I am just bringing out moves from my mind, but yes those are the most well known moves. Wasn't Ladd a move by him? I mean that guy was awesome

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:01 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
I dont think he was here for the Komisarek signing though, but the Connolly one.

I am just bringing out moves from my mind, but yes those are the most well known moves. Wasn't Ladd a move by him? I mean that guy was awesome
BTW, Dudley only GMed Atlanta for a year and was an assistant GM for one, so anything before 2009 i believe has no relevance to him.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:03 PM
robr00

Who cares who stays and who goes? The management team has been a collective failure.

robr00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:04 PM
dougieg93
flip for filip

Would rather keep Dudley than Fletcher.

dougieg93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisx101 View Post
BTW, Dudley only GMed Atlanta for a year and was an assistant GM for one, so anything before 2009 i believe has no relevance to him.
Ah okay.

Old
05-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budsfan View Post
I would think that Dudley would be involved in our draft scouting and if he were to move to the Habs, it should be after the draft.

I think Burke would absolutely give permission to let him go, if in fact it's a move up the ladder but he has stated in the past, that sideways moves, would not be something he would let happen.
Like last year, Dudley could not get involved with the Leafs draft.

As was stated here, he would nit be moved, for a sideways move.
Dudley also has way more experience, than Bergevin.

I hope we don't lose him.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup

I'm sure Dudley has an out clause for a GM/assistant GM position...

Sucks if so. Especially if it's the Habs. Hopefully if it does happen, it happens after the draft so Duds doesnt go over there with our complete playbook for this draft!

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:26 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardslane View Post
I'm sure Dudley, Loiselle, Nonis and Burke have talked in great detail who they plan to take at #5 overall.. Imagine the look on burkes face if montreal selects the player the leafs want~ haha. It'll probably happen anyways though.
I'm sure the Leafs will be happy with anyone in the top 5.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 12:30 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by robr00 View Post
Who cares who stays and who goes? The management team has been a collective failure.
Fire everyone, it's obviously the only answer.

Liminality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:02 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Just to let you guys know that during the search process Dudley was on radio the other day saying that Bergevin was in "the top 1% in terms of talent evaluators in the world", and I believe that Dudley helped groom Bergevin during the time they worked together for the Blackhawks, so I think this move is more than likely to happen with the strong connection they have.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka View Post
It's part of their culture, you can't blame them for that. Especially the amount of french interviews they have to give, dealings with businesses perhaps, community stuff. French is probably needed to feel comfortable in that environment.
You very easily can. Skill in GMing should be of utmost importance in this type of job. The GM of the Montreal Canadiens is not a political delegate. His job is to build and nurture a team that wins hockey games. Not saying Bergevins is not skilled but hiring because of first language spoken shouldn't be the main criterion.

05-02-2012, 01:06 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:

They had the 1st overall after the lottery a full 2 and a half months before the draft.

Kane was a consensus #1 pick.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
They had the 1st overall after the lottery a full 2 and a half months before the draft.

Kane was a consensus #1 pick.
I am talking about Evander Kane.

Old
05-02-2012, 01:09 PM
The Messenger

Has Vancouver charged anyone with tampering yet?

The Messenger is offline   Reply With Quote