HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your Young Future Top Defenseman To Philly

Old
05-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
You don't draft by need when you have a #2 pick in the draft.
Which would be why I mentioned Galchenyuk.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by exporta View Post
Both fanbases may not like this, but Gardiner is on the table if I have a shot at Couturier or possibly Schenn.
I really doubt Burke thinks like you do about that.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
He said future potential top defenseman, not a current top defenseman.

Someone like Bogosian, Kulikov, Gudbranson, etc., not Pietrangelo, Doughty, etc.

(I don't think Gardiner is in either class, and when I read posts suggesting he's a sure-fire future 1D, I can't help but remember the extraordinary predictions regarding Luke Schenn, who I like as a player, but whose ceiling seems more like Braydon Coburn).

Can the Flyers get one of them with just JVR? I don't know. Maybe for some, probably not for others. Florida would seem an interesting potential partner, but there are other threads on that.
Why...cause he's a Leaf? He lead rookie D-men in alot of areas this season. I find it hard to understand how Kulikov or Gudbranson are immediate sure fire but not Gardiner.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Why...cause he's a Leaf? He lead rookie D-men in alot of areas this season. I find it hard to understand how Kulikov or Gudbranson are immediate sure fire but not Gardiner.
Why would his team have anything to do with it?

I never said that either Kulikov or Gudbranson are "sure-fire" 1Ds, but I think that both are better positioned to develop into that (or something close to that) than Gardiner.

I like Gardiner--I just think he's more likely to top-out as a good second pairing defenseman on a playoff caliber team. I'm not completely sold on his ability to shut down an opposing team's top line, which is an important part of the "1D" package, IMO.

On the flip-side, Gudbranson is well-positioned to contribute at a high level at both ends of the ice, while also bringing superior physicality, etc.

Kulikov is the most rounded of the three, but perhaps doesn't have elite potential at either end of the ice. He might be the least likely to reach "franchise cornerstone" status, but the safest bet to play top-pairing minutes for the next decade.

If Gudbranson never develops an elite offensive game, he's Braydon Coburn. If Gardiner never develops a superior defensive game, he's Matt Carle (albiet with a better shot). Ask Flyers fans who is more valuable.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 05:39 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stache of Shea Weber View Post
JVR for Ryan Ellis, or Jonathan Blum and a B-level prospect

Fair value-wise? JVR has had some consistency/injury issues, but when he's on he's an absolute beast. Ryan Ellis will for sure be a top-4 defense, has the poise and awareness of a veteran. Kimmo Timonen with a bomb is his ceiling and Ellis is our top prospect.
Also, would trading JVR alienate potential free agents/current players from signing long-term deals with the Flyers? James seemed ecstatic to sign this deal a year ago. I think it would rub a lot of players the wrong way seeing Richards, Carter, and JVR being shipped out after commiting to the franchise.
I think JVR has a bit more value than this does. PHI does have a couple of bigger dmen. What would the other prospect that NAS adds.

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:22 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturioux View Post
No, we could easily pull a deal for someone like Bogosian using just JVR, our 1st and Bob. Just because the OP listed 4 untouchables doesn't mean that we don't have enough talent to deal. I am inclined to agree with his untouchables, none of our centers will be dealt. Holmgren is pretty adamant about having excellent center depth, and Couturier and Schenn have yet to show us a reason not to believe in them. Also, I highly doubt Simmonds is traded...he is exactly what Holmgren wanted, a young version of Hartnell.

If we do trade for a D this summer, Voracek or JVR will prob be the odd man out. Personally, I think Voracek is the one to stay, but he's also a pending RFA, while JVR is signed. It is a tough decision that Holmgren will have to make, but hopefully he just signs Suter and its done. We also have Read who can be a piece.

Absolutely not. The JETS are not looking for a goalie and your 1st could very well be 30th overall so basically it is like a 2nd rounder. So then it boils down to Van Riemsdyk and no way are the JETS taking him straight up.

Honestly don't think I'd move Bogosian for anything short of massive overpayment. It would take a deal like Couturier, Simmonds and a 1st in 2013 for Bogosian and Cormier for me to even think about it.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Jepprey
Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo View Post
A future top defensemen would likely mean that you would also have to give up a future top player...your list of untouchables makes it less likely that other teams would be willing to engage in discussions.
Simple as this.

Jepprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Prongo
Beer

The one young Defenseman I would love the Flyers to try to get would be Gudbranson. Florida fans reluctantly though don't want him moved, and I don't blame them

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:06 PM
LordClaudeAlmighty28
I believe in G-sus

Can Couturier just transition to being a full-time defenseman? He's good enough defensively, and he seems to like his slapshot more than his wrist shot. Just saying.

LordClaudeAlmighty28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
No, we picked up a Schenn-type defender in Grossman for a 2nd, and we already have Coburn. He is not what we need now. We need a TOP pairing defender, one who can do everything.
you aren't getting a TOP pairing defender for Simmonds or ANY of the other players on the flyers save the ones you left off. essentially a TOP pairing young dman has arguably the most value in the NHL outside an elite center. FACT

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
outoftune

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
you aren't getting a TOP pairing defender for Simmonds or ANY of the other players on the flyers save the ones you left off. essentially a TOP pairing young dman has arguably the most value in the NHL outside an elite center. FACT
Completely agree. FACT

outoftune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Somebody mentioned Greenie here... Green for Couturier.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:21 PM
PHIFLY28

i don't want to trade simmonds,JVR cuz when Jagr retires we will be stuck if we deal both our current lines go like this:
Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell
Simmonds-Schenn-Briere
Talbot-Coutourier-Voracek(interchange with simmonds)
JVR-READ-WELLWOOD

PHIFLY28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:26 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Green's value has plummeted this year, there is no way he nets the caps Couturier. Even if it hadn't, do not want

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Correct. You are not getting a top pairing young dmen in the NHL. However, prospects are a different story. Dmen not in the NHL have less value than established players no matter what these boards say. That is why Rundblad, who was ranked as one of the best prospects, had to be packaged with a 2nd rd pick to get Turris who had minimal success at that point. That trade would have been laughed off these boards if someone posted it last summer.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
Almost as unrealistic as the Flyers getting an established #1 DMan for Simmonds/Read/1st.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:09 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitHeel View Post
Almost as unrealistic as the Flyers getting an established #1 DMan for Simmonds/Read/1st.
What'd you give for Green?

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:14 PM
NitHeel
Mucker/Grinder

Quote:
What'd you give for Green?
Considering what contract he's going to sign for, I'm not interested in him at all.

NitHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:45 PM
O4GM

Gunnarson,3rd for Simmonds

Macarthur,Reimer,Franson,2nd,2nd 2013 for Luongo

Colbrone,Holzer,D'Amigo,Kulemin,Bozak for Zajack

DUMP-L.A.C.K

Draft-

EDM-Nail Yakupov
CLB-Michael Grigorenko
MTL-Alex Galchenyuk
NYI-Filip Forseberg
TML-Ryan Murray

Sign-Stoll 2 years 7 million
Sign-Schultz 3 years 9 million
Sign-Tootoo 2 years 4 million
Sign-Harding 2 years 6.4 million

Lupul-Zajack-Kessel
Simmonds-Grabo-Kadri
Tootoo-Stoll-Ashton/Frattin
Brown-Steckel-Crabb

Phaneuf-Murray
Schenn-Gardiner
Schultz-Liles

Luongo
Harding

O4GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 09:57 PM
LordClaudeAlmighty28
I believe in G-sus

Quote:
Originally Posted by O4GM View Post

DUMP-L.A.C.K

Draft-

EDM-Nail Yakupov
CLB-Michael Grigorenko
MTL-Alex Galchenyuk
NYI-Filip Forseberg
TML-Ryan Murray

Sign-Stoll 2 years 7 million
Sign-Schultz 3 years 9 million
Sign-Tootoo 2 years 4 million
Sign-Harding 2 years 6.4 million

Lupul-Zajack-Kessel
Simmonds-Grabo-Kadri
Tootoo-Stoll-Ashton/Frattin
Brown-Steckel-Crabb

Phaneuf-Murray
Schenn-Gardiner
Schultz-Liles

Luongo
Harding
You might be in the wrong thread, buddy.

LordClaudeAlmighty28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Bryzard of Oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by O4GM View Post

A trifecta of nos.

Well done

Bryzard of Oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 10:46 PM
TorontoTrades

what would Philly want for Simmonds and Read package.

obviously the untouchables are: 5th overall, Kessel, Lupul, Gardiner, Phanuef (not by me but Burke wouldn't do it)

TorontoTrades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:01 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 1345
Quote:
No, we could easily pull a deal for someone like Bogosian using just JVR, our 1st and Bob. Just because the OP listed 4 untouchables doesn't mean that we don't have enough talent to deal. I am inclined to agree with his untouchables, none of our centers will be dealt. Holmgren is pretty adamant about having excellent center depth, and Couturier and Schenn have yet to show us a reason not to believe in them. Also, I highly doubt Simmonds is traded...he is exactly what Holmgren wanted, a young version of Hartnell.

If we do trade for a D this summer, Voracek or JVR will prob be the odd man out. Personally, I think Voracek is the one to stay, but he's also a pending RFA, while JVR is signed. It is a tough decision that Holmgren will have to make, but hopefully he just signs Suter and its done. We also have Read who can be a piece.
As a few others have mentioned there is no way you get Bogosian for that offer. Getting a future # 1 D for spare parts or pieces you can do without is every teams dream. Not going to happen.

KingBogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:02 PM
phlocky

Nearly all of these deals are just aweful for the Flyers.

This is one that was proposed in a Caps thread so I'll throw it back out there (and yes Flyers fans are going to hate it):

To Wash: Simmonds + Meszaros
To Phil: Mike Green (+ 2nd to even it out??)

I atill really like Green but hey, this is HF & everyone knows that here the only thing that matters is how you have played the last 2 weeks to 6 months.

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:40 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 6159
Bogosian's clearly off the table without stupid overpayment. Like 2 young top-6 forwards and a first round pick type of stupid overpayment.

The Flyers are better served by trying to get a prospect like Runblad, i.e. one not yet established at the NHL level, ideally from a team with depth to spare on defense, or a 5th-10th overall pick in this years draft considering the defensemen that are available in that range.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote