HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - edmonton

Closed Thread

Old
05-02-2012, 05:32 PM
HOPE

vCash: 500
Montreal - edmonton

To Montreal:
1st round

To Edmonton:
1st round
Markov

or

1st round
beaulieu

Old
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
wahsnairb

isn't markov like dead and getting paid $6M a year not to play?

Old
05-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Edmonton will get better offers from elsewhere for it's 1st round pick. Also, Markov wouldn't hold much value for Edmonton to do a deal I think. Edmonton are looking for a young, top pairing D-man. He's not that.

Nathan Beaulieu deal is closer - but not by much. He might be a good D-man for the Saint John Sea Dogs but there's no telling wether he'll be able to become a top pairing D for an NHL team. Any deal involving Montreal would have to include Subban I reckon.

Old
05-02-2012, 05:39 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
To Montreal:
1st round

To Edmonton:
1st round
Markov

or

1st round
beaulieu
Not from EDM, Mtl likely says no too.

Old
05-02-2012, 05:45 PM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

OMG....... No.

Fan bases keep complaining about how we are overatting our pick, but it's threads like these that get it started.

/thread

just a stanky proposal

Old
05-02-2012, 06:21 PM
Koto

i dont think 1st+bealiue is a bad offer, but i wouldn't take it.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:02 PM
Alexander Baigle

I think Edmonton might even want a forward and the pick, which would probably be spent on Murray.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:40 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPE View Post
To Montreal:
1st round

To Edmonton:
1st round
Markov

or

1st round
beaulieu
you dom realize Markov is done--two years lost due to injuries and 5.75 cap hit is not good

as for the second trade--I do not like Q d-men--stats are enflamed

Old
05-02-2012, 07:42 PM
Hugo Sham

were not giving you markov and definitely positively not beaulieu who will be a top pairing d man in the NHL to move up 2 spots. not a ****ing chance.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post
Edmonton will get better offers from elsewhere for it's 1st round pick. Also, Markov wouldn't hold much value for Edmonton to do a deal I think. Edmonton are looking for a young, top pairing D-man. He's not that.

Nathan Beaulieu deal is closer - but not by much. He might be a good D-man for the Saint John Sea Dogs but there's no telling wether he'll be able to become a top pairing D for an NHL team. Any deal involving Montreal would have to include Subban I reckon.
Please tell me you are joking. Please! Montreal would not trade Subban for the 1st overall straight up! What the heck would we be adding for?!?!

We also would have no need to trade Beaulieu as a piece to move TWO spots to draft a guy for a non essential need position when we can stay at #3 and get the center we NEED!!! I HATE these damned Edm-Mon trades because they always forget that Montreal NEEDS a center with size and skill, not some random piece that might work on scouting charts out of touch with Montreal's contextual needs.

The only way Bergevin trades for the #1 overall is if he feels it is necessary to make a huge splash, and from what I have seen of him in Chicago, and heard about him, that is not going to happen.

So, NO Subban or anything else from Montreal for the #1.

Old
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
I'm not seeing any reason for either team to do this one.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Old
05-02-2012, 07:59 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
i dont think 1st+bealiueu is a bad offer, but i wouldn't take it.
no it isn't and the Oilers could take Galchenyk or Rielly or Murray with the #3....tempting.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimper View Post

The Habs say no to the OP's proposal so i don't think there's any chance that we trade Subban alone for the Oilers 1st let alone throw in our 1st.
Yak is not who we are looking to draft especially if it's going to cost us any assets.
Habs are just fine having the 3rd overall pick. We get what we want-need and don't give any assets away.
For you Oiler fans.Your not getting Subban or our 1st rd pick. Go find some other team that might be willing to overpay for that pick.
Just draft Yak yourself. I'm sure the next 4 teams in the draft order are just fine with who they are going to get.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
brunosevigny

Oilers are better to keep the #1 pick because oilers fans are going to be so sad. Tambelini knows he is not going to get a game breaker to move a few spot down. If you look at the 3-4 last drafts, it is pretty unclear who was the best pick and picking 1st is not a guaranty you'll get the best player. Yakupov seems like having an edge but I wouldn't be surprised to see #2-3-4 overall pick turning out to be the better player. Forget about swapping picks with another lotery team and landing a nhl ready top player. Swap + Johanssen or Swap + Subban are just lame proposal. I wouldn't trade Beaulieu nor Tinordi in this kind of swap. So keep your pick or trade it for NHL value player (Established top 2 Dman for example or most likely established top 4 Dman + pick)

Old
05-02-2012, 08:16 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog View Post
The Habs say no to the OP's proposal so i don't think there's any chance that we trade Subban alone for the Oilers 1st let alone throw in our 1st.
Yak is not who we are looking to draft especially if it's going to cost us any assets.
Habs are just fine having the 3rd overall pick. We get what we want-need and don't give any assets away.
For you Oiler fans.Your not getting Subban or our 1st rd pick. Go find some other team that might be willing to overpay for that pick.
Just draft Yak yourself. I'm sure the next 4 teams in the draft order are just fine with who they are going to get.
the Oilers aren't THAT desperate for Subban, and in no way shape or form is Subban worth the 1st overall

Old
05-02-2012, 08:27 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManByng View Post
the Oilers aren't THAT desperate for Subban, and in no way shape or form is Subban worth the 1st overall
Go check out all the threads involving the Oilers 1st rd pick.
In all the threads the Oilers are being turned down at every possible corner. Why because they think they are going to get X player who is usually better or = to their 1st rd pick and than they want that teams 1st rd pick thrown in.
It's not going to happen. The Oilers won the draft now it seems your STUCK with that pick.You Guys keep trying to trade down but no other teams want anything to do with you guys.
I guess the Oilers are right and everyone else is wrong.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Oh come on, now. Why isn't Suban in this proposal?

Old
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Edmonton stays with their pick and drafts eithor yakupov or Murray. Will not trade down in case they lose out on these guys unless of course that they are blown away with this offer.

This thread is stupid and you should feel bad.

Furthermore I truly believe they should draft Murray because he is amazing and what they need.
In no way is yakupov>>>>>Murray and there can be an argument made that Murray>Yakupov and his performance at the worlds could support this opinion

Old
05-02-2012, 08:54 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
or maybe oiler fans are asking too much for wanting to trade down.

3rd + markov? no for oil...too old and too expensive.

3rd + Beaulieu, good offer but MTL would say no because prospect pool resembles more a puddle than a pool
actually, Beaulieu and the #3 for #1 is the closest to a reasonable offer i have heard on these boards.

Old
05-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Halifaxhab*

Quote:
actually, Beaulieu and the #3 for #1 is the closest to a reasonable offer i have heard on these boards.
agreed. but MTL doesn't have the luxury of prospect depth to do it.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Riptide

Gorges+MTL 1st
for
Edmonton's 1st

Gives Edmonton a solid top 4 D (can play a shutdown style) with a decent cap hit 3.9. At #3 can still get a great prospect. Ideally Murray, to add a great D prospect to their prospect pool.

Edmonton might have to add a bit. However they have forward prospects that they could add.

It might not be a sexy trade, but Gorges is a good solid D and the #3 pick is still high enough to draft a top prospect. Gorges is still young enough (28) that he can contribute over the life of his current contract (6 yrs at 3.9). It also address's Edmonton's needs, and could be something that Montreal would actually accept (I don't see them accepting many trades that involve Subban).

Montreal does it as it gives them a top end offensive prospect.

Last edited by Riptide: 05-02-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old
05-02-2012, 09:00 PM
ManByng
Moroz fan

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halifaxhab View Post
agreed. but MTL doesn't have the luxury of prospect depth to do it.
hope it changes for you this draft! you have the #3 and two 2nd rounders.

Old
05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Value wise, I agree that Beaulieu and our 1st for the 1st overall is fair. I just do not think it is worth Montreal's while because Yakupov is small, not very physical, has had 2 concussions already, and is a winger rather than a center.

No offence to Oiler fans, I wish you luck with your pick. I just do not want your pick, I am happy with the one Montreal has. Fair?

Old
05-02-2012, 09:09 PM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
Gorges+MTL 1st
for
Edmonton's 1st

Gives Edmonton a solid top 4 D (plays more of a shutdown style) with a decent cap hit 3.9. At #3 can still get a great prospect. Ideally Murray, to add a great D prospect to their prospect pool.

It might not be a sexy trade, but Gorges is a good solid D and the #3 pick is still high enough to draft a top prospect. It also address's Edmonton's needs, and could be something that Montreal would actually accept (I don't see them accepting many trades that involve Subban).
People. The Habs are not trading any and i say any assets to move up from the 3rd overall to the 1st over.The Habs want-need a center not a winger.Trading up is not a reasonable option for the Habs.
If the Oilers want to trade down find another partner.There is nothing reasonable that the Oilers can offer that would make the Habs trade up.
No your not getting any assets and we are not interrested in spare parts like Gagner,Paajarvi etc...

Old
05-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

Debate the topic and don't attack others please.

Closed Thread