HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal - edmonton

Closed Thread

Old
05-03-2012, 07:55 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
I highly doubt the Oilers will want 34 year-old Markov. By the time they are ready to make the playoffs his career be over. Same as Habs I doubt they are looking to trade up for small, Russian winger with KHL always a possibility. They can stay at 3 and get the big offensive center they been needing for a decade
Take out the part about him being a flight risk and I agree with everything you said there.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:12 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
For one, Montreal needs a centre more than they need a winger.
For two, Pacorietty plays with a lot off heart and he's a fan favourite. Fans on HFboards were saying he was untouchable before he'd ever stepped foot in the NHL.
What does trading a winger and a defenseman for a better winger have to do with a center? They still have their 1st and can choose a center if they please, and Desharnies and Plekanec seems to be a pretty decent top 2 centers.

Eberle's untouchable but if i was being offered a significantly better asset (like a Malkin) i'd move him. No player is truly untouchable, Gretzky was traded. Everybody has their price.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:15 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Take out the part about him being a flight risk and I agree with everything you said there.
In Montreal everything is a possibility! We have had unbelievable bad luck lately

Old
05-03-2012, 08:16 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eskimo44 View Post
What does trading a winger and a defenseman for a better winger have to do with a center? They still have their 1st and can choose a center if they please, and Desharnies and Plekanec seems to be a pretty decent top 2 centers.

Eberle's untouchable but if i was being offered a significantly better asset (like a Malkin) i'd move him. No player is truly untouchable, Gretzky was traded. Everybody has their price.
That's correct. Nobody is untouchable, but several players are in the deal we're proposing. Montreal isn't going back into a full rebuild.

I myself doubt that Price would have the patience to wait another 3-5 years to play on a complete team.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:22 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
In Montreal everything is a possibility! We have had unbelievable bad luck lately
I must say that the moment the paper ran the story about Sk and Ak hanging out with gangsters I had my serious doubts about them lasting in Montreal. I was surprised that AK lasted in Montreal as long as he did. He wasn't a consistent player.

And please... don't' think Montreal is so special.

Do you remember how quickly Edmonton fell apart after they lost to the Canes in the finals?

Old
05-03-2012, 08:27 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
I said nothing of Subban, and i certainly didn't claim he said that the two Montreal players would land the 1st. What i am saying is that claiming you wouldn't trade Pacorietty and Beaulieu for the 1st overall is way out there. Pacorietty is a very good player, but Yakupov projects to be much better and Beaulieu does not make up the difference. For him to say your proposals are delusional and then say that is a hilarious bit of irony.

Note: i am no way defending or admonishing your proposals, it's irrelevant to me.
in what universe do you live in that the habs would trade a 23 y.o KNOWN 30 + goal scorer / power forward and a 6'3 offensive d man in the top 22 prospects of the entire NHL (as much of a guy who 'projects' like yakupov) to move up 2 spots in the draft? you have 0 idea what you're talking about when it comes to retooling and asset management. 0 sense for the habs. none. habs don't have same philosophy as oilers. they have tons more cash, a great amateur head scout in timmins and they can retool. this year was an anomaly brought on by the ex-idiot gm

Old
05-03-2012, 08:29 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
That's correct. Nobody is untouchable, but several players are in the deal we're proposing. Montreal isn't going back into a full rebuild.

I myself doubt that Price would have the patience to wait another 3-5 years to play on a complete team.
Montreal would do that trade, i have no idea how it sets them back anymore than a year and that's being generous. They probably aren't ready to compete next season so i don't see how that matters.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:30 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Montreal would do that trade, i have no idea how it sets them back anymore than a year and that's being generous.
Well, the Habs fans seem to disagree with you and since the GMs of the NHL aren't known to hang around here, I guess that's all that matters.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:32 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
in what universe do you live in that the habs would trade a 23 y.o KNOWN 30 + goal scorer / power forward and a 6'3 offensive d man in the top 22 prospects of the entire NHL (as much of a guy who 'projects' like yakupov) to move up 2 spots in the draft? you have 0 idea what you're talking about when it comes to retooling and asset management. 0 sense for the habs. none. habs don't have same philosophy as oilers. they have tons more cash, a great amateur head scout in timmins and they can retool. this year was an anomaly brought on by the ex-idiot gm
You can't blame the GM. He should've been fired long ago. Assuming he signed Gionta and traded for Gomez.

Old
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Eskimo44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
In the world where you look back at first overalls and see they are what Pacioretty isn't, a franchise player. Yakupov has been called a mini Ovechkin or Bure. He's an unreal prospect. Tell me how many 1st overall forwards in the past 10 years would you not trade those two for? Kane maybe (although i certainly would)...

They have more cash? Edmonton is a rich team and can spend to the cap. Edmonton too has a very good head scout in MacGregor. We thought it was going to be a one season thing too...

Old
05-03-2012, 08:33 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Don't see this going anywhere useful. /thread

Closed Thread