HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Radulov and Kostitsyn, a matter of culture ?

Old
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
tserberis*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetynine View Post
I think it's a matter of team culture, it's interesting that AK46 was the guy who'd been a Pred all year, his brother was not, same with Radulov.
SK was Pred all year...

That's how rumors get born...

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:23 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
SK was Pred all year...

That's how rumors get born...
Blah, I mixed the two up, I mean SK was a Pred all year, AK46 was not. But you get my meaning either way.

ninetynine* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2012, 11:28 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
Blah, I mixed the two up, I mean SK was a Pred all year, AK46 was not. But you get my meaning either way.
BTW AK46 in 5 years in MTL never was caught... And then Rads came in...

Old
05-02-2012, 11:34 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
BTW AK46 in 5 years in MTL never was caught... And then Rads came in...
But that doesn't explain why Sergei didn't get sucked into this, I stand by my comment. I agree though, Radulov is a bad influence.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:40 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
But that doesn't explain why Sergei didn't get sucked into this, I stand by my comment. I agree though, Radulov is a bad influence.
How do you know he didn't?

How do you know who else was out that night?

Old
05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
ninetynine*

Quote:
How do you know he didn't?

How do you know who else was out that night?
He wasn't out past curfew, teams have various ways of finding out, not sure how the Preds do it.

Old
05-02-2012, 11:50 PM
tserberis*

Quote:
He wasn't out past curfew, teams have various ways of finding out, not sure how the Preds do it.
How do you know that someone else wasn't past curfew?

Old
05-02-2012, 11:56 PM
ChesterCopperpot1

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
I have heard that plenty of people in Russia drink a lot. Plenty of people here in Wisconsin have the same problem. Maybe it is weather related? Wherever you have a lot of cold and snow, you drink because there is less to do in winter.
Alaska has one of the, if not the, highest suicide rates in the US

ChesterCopperpot1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:42 AM
usun

That's not cultural at all.
I guess it's Radulov's bad influence, AK was never caught before (that story in Montreal about possible relation to some mob is just a story, and it was more related to SK), and Radulov has not the best reputation.
For instance, here is his Top-9 (in Russian): http://www.goals.by/hockey/articles/127526

Last edited by usun: 05-03-2012 at 01:40 AM.
usun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:43 AM
tnvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Drive drunk through Germany. Their Polezei don't play around.
There is no such thing as police brutality in Germany. lol I haven't been there since 97 so things might have changed, but I've seen them beat people down when they were less than cooperative. lol

tnvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 03:58 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

vCash: 50
They broke curfew. When you sign that NHL Contract and wear that jersey, you're representing your whole organization, on and off the ice.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:06 AM
FeedDaPuck

Quote:
I don't know about all of them, but I know some particular stuff about Caps players.
We have a restaurant called "Russian House" in DC close by Dupont Circle. It was really funny to watch one New Year how Taxi wouldn't pick up Semin cause he was so waisted and Ovi was holding him back so he wouldn't get into a fight.

Yes, in Russia players locked up on the base before games, so they don't do stupid stuff like that, and here they allowed to much and they take advantage of it.
This is complete and total BS. It has nothing to do with culture. Look at M. Richards and J. Carter - remember WHY they got traded? Look a E. Lindros... Is it because they are Canadian? Or is it simply because they are rich young guys who are irresponsible?

As for culture - Russian laws are very tough on drunk driving. Tougher than US. I was very surprised at how responsible are Russians with that stuff. Of course, there are idiots there too who get behind the wheel after drinking - but those are present in every country...

Bottom line - AK and Radu acted stupidly and irresponsibly...

FeedDaPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:59 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedDaPuck View Post
This is complete and total BS. It has nothing to do with culture. Look at M. Richards and J. Carter - remember WHY they got traded? Look a E. Lindros... Is it because they are Canadian? Or is it simply because they are rich young guys who are irresponsible?

As for culture - Russian laws are very tough on drunk driving. Tougher than US. I was very surprised at how responsible are Russians with that stuff. Of course, there are idiots there too who get behind the wheel after drinking - but those are present in every country...

Bottom line - AK and Radu acted stupidly and irresponsibly...
I am from there, so what is BS? Elaborate please...

Old
05-03-2012, 09:11 AM
token grinder

Quote:
I am from there, so what is BS? Elaborate please...
I think he was saying being a drunk isn't a cultural thing.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:32 AM
maplepred

Quote:
What are you talking about, they showed them on TV coming into Arena...
I watched entire game and never seen this. They didn't show them watching game once

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:42 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
I watched entire game and never seen this. They didn't show them watching game once
I'm pretty sure they did show them in suits coming into the arena. I highly doubt they skipped the game, but even if they did I'm not sure it matters.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
thom

Is it irresposible for companies to advertise booze on national tv when they bloody know there marketing it to kids.

thom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:24 PM
RaiderDoug

I don't see how its a culture issue.

Don't let your partying affect your work. Its that simple - I don't care if you're a hockey player, plumber, or business exec.

#47 was visibly a step slow on Saturday. He played like chit. (so did everyone else though).

It is not acceptable, no matter where he's from. Go get plastered every day in July for all I care. When it comes to the playoffs, no dice.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:35 PM
quoth the Raven
Anders Lindback Fan

I'm not sure what his source is, but Forechecker tweeted this last night:

Quote:
At least AK46 & Radulov are in the building, unlike that time JR got scratched and he went across the street for a steak & a beer.
So I'd say someone saw them. I was at the game and they obviously didn't show them on the megatron, so I wouldn't know. But I doubt they would skip the game.

Also, it's very ignorant to try and excuse their behavior by treating it as a simple "misunderstanding" due to cultural differences. They know the team rules, they've both played in the NHL long enough to know what is acceptable and what isn't. It has absolutely nothing to do with their nationality/culture.

quoth the Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

This isn't likely a cultural issue. The only way it even begins to approach that is if Radulov clearly believed he was able to circumvent the team's curfew rules, go have a good time, and convinced AK and whoever else to go with him because he was determined to go out that night. Because in Russia it's okay to do it (at least in his mind).

Radulov has only been back in the US for like 6 weeks or so. AK has been in Canada or the US for the last 7 months, and has been playing hockey here for the last 8 years. He should be well-versed on the dos and dont's of playing in North America.

The part that really bothers me is at what point did they team up and decide this was a smart move, and then put the plan into action? I mean if they're out at a bar 30 minutes from the hotel (and that's being generous) while their teammates are asleep before the next day's game, is there no sense of responsibility and accountability for your actions? Also, the fact that they apparently just had to go to Scottsdale proves that they weren't just out for casual fun for an hour then back to the hotel. Glendale isn't Scottsdale but I'm sure if you wanted to go have some drinks, in moderation, near the team hotel I bet they could've and still gotten back before curfew if it's something they just had to do. They didn't accidentally end up there. It had to be a planned thing somehow, and it irritates me that they put that above the team and the game, which was an early 5pm start there by the way.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
deanwormer

Well, if the question of culture is about respect, perhaps it is a matter of culture. By all accounts, Rads has been coddled in the KHL. It appears to struck a coach with a stick, and there was no discipline. If that's an accurate depiction of how a star is treated, and now Rads comes over here, maybe he expects that same "star treatment"? That clearly is not the culture of the Preds, and I highly doubt any team is gonna' let assaulting a coach go unpunished, although plenty certainly allow their stars a few extra privileges.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 01:50 PM
WartracePred

There are so many unknowns and rumors. Hell, a couple of guys said Rinne missed curfew as well.

Until the whole story unfolds (and with smartphones and cameras it probably will), hammering the two for drinking, partying, staying out to 4 am, etc... is just letting your imagination run a muck. For all we know, they met two hotties at dinner, had a drink or two with the ladies and went to their place for a little romp, then returned to the hotel 2 hours after curfew. That story isn't nearly as troubling as anything else I've read.

Bottom line is they broke curfew and weren't as committed as the rest of the team. At this point everything else is speculation.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 02:10 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
It isn't a culture issue, it's a stupidity issue. If it were cultural, we'd see similar issues with Malkin, Datsyuk, Ovechkin, Gonchar, Anisimov, Fedotenko, etc. Some players realize they are supposed to act like grown men, some don't.
here is the correct answer. As for if i think they should play again in this series, i am definitely not missing them at the moment, and wouldnt mind seeing them sat in favor of wilson and halischuk.

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Tennman

Quote:
Did you see Smith, Hillen, or McGratton? Or were they a no show also.

Tennman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 06:47 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
NHL Tonight on NHL Network showed them walking in the arena in suits. I assume it was before last night's game. If it's not it's some clever deception.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote