HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov and Kostitsyn, a matter of culture ?

Old
05-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Saklander

vCash: 500
For being payed 100's of thousands of dollars you ( in this case the team ) have, in my opinion the right to place high demands on professionals... If it was a curfew violation or something else, it doesn't matter in my mind... When under contract and specially during playoffs, you abide by team rules, NO exception. ( But I have a feeling that Radulov will not be playing in the NHL after this season, partly because of this )

Saklander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 08:52 PM
AEM6729

If culture did have anything to do with this, isn't it more likely to be the culture of European players not caring as much about the Stanley Cup, as opposed to some cultural thing regarding drinking?

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:45 PM
Rumcajs

Ive been to Russia, St. Petersburg to be exact, and i agree with your analysis.

Russia is one heck of a place right now. When i was there i felt like i was in vice city.

Rumcajs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2012, 11:52 PM
adsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by torero View Post
1) Muslim countries are strongly anti alcohol ... that is what i was saying.
2) i don't know the exact rules on alcohol in the US, yet i know 2 americans who have a really good level who simply went to jail for driving with alcohol. I know no other people who had such a hard sentence. That was in the US. Plus my general observation (newspapers, people's attitude) tells me that you are stongly against ...
3) Only being in the developed countries, meaning NA, Europe and East Asia makes you a hard country, the others are in practice very relaxed on this. Bribery is most often the key.
4) Possibly you are right on the % of alcohol in the blood. I do not know the details in the US ... her in Switzerland it is 0.8 g/l.
5) what has drinking age average to do with tolerance to the consequences of a hangover ?

So much about the so called mistakes !

my point being that tolerance should be given to these players. Not this nitty gritty on the rules or whatsoever.
The Federal government in the US mandated 0.08 (your 0.8 g/L) a few years ago. If your state didn't go along with it, they would lose millions of dollars in Federal highway funds every year.

In Wisconsin, we have people driving around with crazy BACs, like 0.30. They get in big trouble around the 4th or 5th time they get caught. The laws used to be even more lax. One guy has been caught 14 times. This week a lady was killed by a drunk driver in Milwaukee. Her son was called. He jumped into a car to drive to the scene. He was killed by another drunk driver on the way, it was about 2 miles (3 km) from his home to the place where his mother was killed. It happened in the daytime. It is unbelievable to me. I rarely go to a tavern. Some people go every Friday. We need to enforce some more rules in the USA to keep people safe from the knuckleheads.

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Drake744
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
In Wisconsin, we have people driving around with crazy BACs, like 0.30. They get in big trouble around the 4th or 5th time they get caught. The laws used to be even more lax. One guy has been caught 14 times. This week a lady was killed by a drunk driver in Milwaukee. Her son was called. He jumped into a car to drive to the scene. He was killed by another drunk driver on the way, it was about 2 miles (3 km) from his home to the place where his mother was killed. It happened in the daytime. It is unbelievable to me. I rarely go to a tavern. Some people go every Friday. We need to enforce some more rules in the USA to keep people safe from the knuckleheads.
I sincerely believe that the main issue in getting drunk drivers off the streets is their inability/stubbornness to call a cab or take public transportation. In a city like Nashville (which, by the way, according to a recent yahoo.com article has the most DUIs per capita among American cities), and I'm sure Milwaukee, and most mid-sized major cities, public transit is limited and cab rides are expensive because of how spread out the area is. And, let's be real, public transit in Nashville is a joke. I don't excuse this, I just say it's likely a reason for many people to drive after they've been drinking, while justifying it in their minds. When I lived in LA, I was near a subway at almost all hours of the night, or a bus if worse came to worst. I never had the mindset that I would be driving after drinking because it wasn't necessary. In Nashville, you have to plan around it because there's no alternative minus pricey cab fares. And so, in turn, people are used to driving themselves everywhere, which results in people driving themselves to bars and driving home. Stricter laws would probably diffuse this issue over time, but it would be a long process.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:50 AM
codeman00

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
These two didn't have the balls to show up and watch the game tonight, brutal team spirit.
This is flat out incorrect. Both players were in the building as players are when they are scratched. If you go back and watch the intro to the game on the NBC broadcast, you will see them both on camera walking through the parking garage in suits. Scratched players either hang out in the Preds suite or somewhere else inside of Bridgestone...sometimes in the weight room where the game is on TV.

codeman00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:52 AM
VFL615*

They did not even have the scratch list for either team before the game Wed. I think this was clearly to prevent the boo birds when AK and RADS were named over the P.A.
They were at the game. They showed them under the arena coming in before the game and it has been talked about on Nashville radio in the days prior about how they did everything right and it was even mentioned about their passion in cheering for the guys during the game. They were at the game or it would not have been talked about.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:50 AM
WartracePred

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman00 View Post
This is flat out incorrect. Both players were in the building as players are when they are scratched. If you go back and watch the intro to the game on the NBC broadcast, you will see them both on camera walking through the parking garage in suits. Scratched players either hang out in the Preds suite or somewhere else inside of Bridgestone...sometimes in the weight room where the game is on TV.
I saw the same picture of the two walking through the garage. Trotz also said they were very engaged during the game, yelling and screaming.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:42 AM
token grinder

they did what you are supposed to do when you are not in the lineup. Support your teammates.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:44 AM
HOOKEDonHOCKEY*

Any word on if Radulov is playing tonight?

HOOKEDonHOCKEY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 10:49 AM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypreneur247 View Post
Any word on if Radulov is playing tonight?
same lineup as game 3

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 11:37 AM
dulzhok

I dont' agree with the decision to keep Radulov out of the lineup.

He certainly has the ability to make more of the impact than Yip (among others). Erat is the only forward who's at all on his level of creating offense. Quickly people forget that he was a one of our better players vs Detroit and his defense was acceptable.

We're also killing his trade value. I hope what he did justifies this punishment.

But it is what it is. Just win.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
RC51

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
I dont' agree with the decision to keep Radulov out of the lineup.

He certainly has the ability to make more of the impact than Yip (among others). Erat is the only forward who's at all on his level of creating offense. Quickly people forget that he was a one of our better players vs Detroit and his defense was acceptable.

We're also killing his trade value. I hope what he did justifies this punishment.

But it is what it is. Just win.
"We're also killing his trade value" ?
First off, Kostitsyn's both were always in the bars late at night in Montreal. They had been told many times by Montreal management to stop all this after hours stuff. Montreal also had Kovalev to talk to them. Then one day that's it. Sergei bye bye. Then Andre for half of what he was worth. Andre had made his own reputation what why Nashville got his cheap from Montreal. Now the Kostitsyns are your problem and Radulov has joined in the late night stuff aslo. Yes they can play hockey, but they do it their way, it's NOT a team way. This is why their value will drop.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:26 PM
29dryden29

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
BTW AK46 in 5 years in MTL never was caught... And then Rads came in...
Never caught is a far cry from never did.

29dryden29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:27 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
How do you know that someone else wasn't past curfew?
Trotz talked about it and using your door key gets logged the team then gets a printout of it voila busted morons.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:35 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Trotz talked about it and using your door key gets logged the team then gets a printout of it voila busted morons.
Reading is fundamental.

From Puck Daddy:
Quote:
UPDATE: The Predators deny Trotz was discussing Radulov and Kostitsyn in the quote seen here, and that he was sharing an anecdote from a previous curfew violation with co-host (and former player) Jason York. They claim the hotel where the team stayed doesn't offer that technology.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:36 PM
29dryden29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Reading is fundamental.

From Puck Daddy:
I was watching the interview on TSN today so they must have aired a really old interview of him then I guess lol. They also showed Tootoo and Rads barking at each other during practice.

Old
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Big fish little pond after failing to excel in the NHL.
Whatever. They will be playing for/against teams that I care for, for a change.

Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:39 PM
punkr0x

Quote:
Regardless, it still doesn't mean that more guys didn't miss their curfew and Trotz just chose these two to make an example of. You can only suspend so many players before it really messes up your lineup.

punkr0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Whatever. They will be playing for/against teams that I care for, for a change.
Russians running to the KHL ... Quebec natives running to the LNAH ... all just guys who can't excel in the best league finding someplace where they look a lot better because they play against lesser competition.

The KHL provides Russian national team with role players while their top lines come from NHL rosters. Details tell a lot.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 01:35 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC51 View Post
"We're also killing his trade value" ?
First off, Kostitsyn's both were always in the bars late at night in Montreal. They had been told many times by Montreal management to stop all this after hours stuff. Montreal also had Kovalev to talk to them. Then one day that's it. Sergei bye bye. Then Andre for half of what he was worth. Andre had made his own reputation what why Nashville got his cheap from Montreal. Now the Kostitsyns are your problem and Radulov has joined in the late night stuff aslo. Yes they can play hockey, but they do it their way, it's NOT a team way. This is why their value will drop.
Sergei has been nothing but a good hockey player here... Just want to point that out..

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
CantbeatzPekka
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Never caught is a far cry from never did.
i find it hard to believe that its easier to get sighted/caught drinking in glensdale/scottsdale (either or) than in MTL which one of the biggest markets in the world where everyone knows who you are...

CantbeatzPekka is offline   Reply With Quote