*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-12-2013, 08:08 AM
Buddy23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolvesFan View Post
Just Got home from the Game, And I have to say Palazeese Was nothing short of AMAZING!! He can do things that JV Could never have done. His puck handling for one is Fantastic!! I'm VERY excited to continue to see him play for this year and next.

The new D-men (Raine and Genovese) I thought they each played a solid game, with no penalties!!! Hopefully they keep up this style of play more!! Excited to see what is to come!!

Schmalz had minimal shifts, but from what I saw he has the makings of a solid power forward in the league. He knows how to throw his weight around, and also had some good scoring chances. Be Excited about this kid Wolves Fans!!

On a less positive note, CB got hit hard in the first period, from what it looked like it was a cheap shot, He seemed to be in alot pain and needed to be helped off the ice. It is unfortunate that this had to happened, but everyone knew that the more he played, that it was only a matter of time before something like this happened. From the look of things from where I was sitting, I would think that something happened to his knee, Because as soon as he went down he was holding it, and visibly in alot of pain. It really is to bad and I feel for the kid.

On the whole it was a great game and the wolves came out on top with a 2-0 win, and Palazeese getting his first shutout in a wolves uniform. GO WOLVES GO
All in all a great game last night with the whole team looking more energized! I think I saw Palazeese handle the puck more last night than JV the entire year! Not sure where Kahun is?

Old
01-12-2013, 01:49 PM
Glorieu

Couldn't have written a better script for last night Frankie instantly endears himself to the faithful by making an excellent up ice pass that turns into a two on one and a goal...and then stops a penalty shot with an acrobatic save

What a difference it makes having a goaltender that can play the puck! You Rangers fans do indeed know your hockey, Schmalz does indeed have great potential and skates remarkably well for a young fellow of his size.

Didn't notice Genovese that much but that can be considered a good thing (i.e, didn't get beat one on one and didn't take stupid penalties). I liked what I saw from Raine as he seemed to get more comfortable as the game went on.

Have to agree after watching it again, the hit on Burgess wasn't a cheap shot. The kid has a bad habit of having his head down and it was a matter of time before he got hurt.

BTW Kahun is out sick and I think Cull is feeling the after effects of a fight.

Old
01-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Squeet

So right on the CB hit. Not cheap in my opinion. He has a habit of not havin his head up in the danger zone and doesn't really recognize WHEN he's at risk at all. Just ask Doug Hamilton, he nailed CB twice in one game! lol
Kahun's got the flu and is pretty disappointed he couldn't play last night. It'll be great to have him winning so many faceoffs if the team keeps playing this way!

Old
01-12-2013, 11:59 PM
Glorieu

Well two for two after the big moves While the Wolves had several good chances to go up by a few goals in the first and were stymied by D'agostini, they were pretty much outplayed for the balance of the game and relied on several timely save from Frankie, which is exactly why they got him.

I was impressed with the effort of the Petes who were tenacious and had good jump despite playing their third in three days. Tanus especially impressed and was dangerous all night long. Teams expecting an easy win in Peterborough may be in for a rude awakening.

Gotta love Frankie in the shootout (something JV coulld never seem to master) as he ended it with a great glove save. Hopefully the team has something left in the tank for tomorrow afternoon as the game could have significant implications in the standings.

Old
01-13-2013, 10:44 PM
chewerjones

Saw Brampton game today, and Sudbury had alot of jump in the first period, but seemed to slow down in 2nd and especially 3rd. 3 games in 3 nights, and 2 on the road, could be tough.

Palazzese played well today and both goals were good goals, 1 was deflect and other on PP.

Dmen playing good, especially Dodero was on a mission. Cummins starting to look like a real player. Calm out there and seems like U17 has helped him alot. I like DeHaan and his speed. Raine is the real deal, and a strength back there. Genovese is a raw talent that works well. Corbett missed 2 periods and had splint on right had/finger area. May be out for awhile.

Good to se Kahun and Kubalik playing hard out there. Harris and Kantor strong as usual.

Number 1 line had some chances but unfortunately, not successful, and Campagna's streak ended at 18 games. Horvat didnt register a point for London tonight, and thus MC has longest point streak in OHL this year.

Sudbury only had 15 shots on net, and I believe 1 pp. Brampton plays that boring game and on the 3rd day of a 3 game stretch, the Wolves were burnt out.

Old
01-14-2013, 10:40 AM
JL17

Happy to hear Raine has brought his play to Sudbury and continues to play well.

Biggest thing he's learned this year is the timely big hit not going out of his way to get it. He does bring butts out of seats at least once a game with his hits. I wish he was still a Knight but happy he playing for my hometown team.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:21 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Does Anyone have any information about how long CB will be out for?

Last edited by WolvesFan: 01-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old
01-16-2013, 04:51 AM
Loosie

Quote:
Does Anyone have any information about how long CB will be out for? Hoppfully the rest of the season Just Saying what we are all thinking!!
That's disgusting. I realize alot of people don't want him on the team, but to be hoping he's injured bad enough to miss the rest of the season? This is a 16-year old kid.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Section19

Quote:
Does Anyone have any information about how long CB will be out for? Hoppfully the rest of the season Just Saying what we are all thinking!!
Don't think the team has said anything yet but heard/read that he suffered a dislocated knee cap.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:08 AM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

EVERYBODY!! and I mean everybody saw it coming!! and maybe it was a little harsh, but it wasnt far from the truth... The Kid should not be in this league, not now and not ever. Really he can be thankfull that he only has a busted up knee, that is something that he can fully recover from. Instead of something like a head injury... and REALLY if Mark cant see that his son is going to get seriouly hurt(and im not talking about this injury) because of HIS stupidity then the question can and should be raised how much does he really care about his son or this organization?? Everyone already now knows that he doesnt give 2 hoots about the Team, and Conner gets run over once sometimes twice a game without fail, most of the time because he has his head down, and all of the time because he is in over his head in a league that he could never hope to compete in and the only person who sems to not be able to see it is his dad... I'm not directing the hate toward CB, But it was only a matter until he got hurt. Maybe the team gets on a roll now and attracts more fans, that way daddy will get his money and conner wont get hurt again, but who am I kidding...

Last edited by WolvesFan: 01-16-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old
01-16-2013, 09:14 AM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section19 View Post
Don't think the team has said anything yet but heard/read that he suffered a dislocated knee cap.
Ok Thanks!!

Old
01-16-2013, 12:21 PM
Luvtowatch

I think the acquisition of Palazzese more than compensates for the loss of the Wolves 2 top players. He plays with such confidence and swagger, its just a treat to watch. The team will go further with Franky this year than they would have with Leivo and Corrado.

Old
01-16-2013, 12:40 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Does Anyone have any information about how long CB will be out for?
For those of you who didn't see it the hit on CB here it is:

http://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/vi...binId=1.817367

Old
01-16-2013, 12:53 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
I think the acquisition of Palazzese more than compensates for the loss of the Wolves 2 top players. He plays with such confidence and swagger, its just a treat to watch. The team will go further with Franky this year than they would have with Leivo and Corrado.
I Heartily Agree with you on that one!! I still hold fast to this being a great trade, and very much helping the wolves!!

Old
01-16-2013, 01:02 PM
Ward Cornell

Quote:
For those of you who didn't see it the hit on CB here it is:

http://northernontario.ctvnews.ca/vi...binId=1.817367
Absolutely clean hit!

btw...nice to see Franky working out great for you guys. There was zero doubt for us in Kitchener what a great goalie he is!

Old
01-16-2013, 01:10 PM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

I Agree with the above statement!!

Old
01-16-2013, 01:53 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
I Heartily Agree with you on that one!! I still hold fast to this being a great trade, and very much helping the wolves!!
I think this is one of those cases where the deal helps both teams, just in different seasons.

Old
01-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward Cornell View Post
Absolutely clean hit!

btw...nice to see Franky working out great for you guys. There was zero doubt for us in Kitchener what a great goalie he is!
At the time of the trade, I tried to tell distraught Wolves fans that they did quite well in the deal. A huge, 1st round pick with 4 more years of service. A rock-steady heavyweight defender with likely two more years after this one and one of the league's best goalies for this year and next.

With prices clearly down this year, I'm not sure how that was so lopsided?

Old
01-16-2013, 04:13 PM
Loosie

Quote:
EVERYBODY!! and I mean everybody saw it coming!! and maybe it was a little harsh, but it wasnt far from the truth... The Kid should not be in this league, not now and not ever. Really he can be thankfull that he only has a busted up knee, that is something that he can fully recover from. Instead of something like a head injury... and REALLY if Mark cant see that his son is going to get seriouly hurt(and im not talking about this injury) because of HIS stupidity then the question can and should be raised how much does he really care about his son or this organization?? Everyone already now knows that he doesnt give 2 hoots about the Team, and Conner gets run over once sometimes twice a game without fail, most of the time because he has his head down, and all of the time because he is in over his head in a league that he could never hope to compete in and the only person who sems to not be able to see it is his dad... I'm not directing the hate toward CB, But it was only a matter until he got hurt. Maybe the team gets on a roll now and attracts more fans, that way daddy will get his money and conner wont get hurt again, but who am I kidding...
That's fine that people saw it coming. I've heard these comments before about the fact that he is going to get hurt, which I have no issue with because that is a comment on his skills, or at least lack of keeping his head up. But to wish that someone is hurt enough to not finish the season is just wrong. I don't care if he's the owner's son or some scrub off the street or the oppositions top player it's never something you want to wish on anyone.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:15 PM
wings5

Now we can light a fire under him if he underperforms, shhhhhh.

http://ask.fm/NickyBaps

Old
01-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Loosie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
Now we can light a fire under him if he underperforms, shhhhhh.

http://ask.fm/NickyBaps
Must be my age but I didn't understand a thing on that except the comment about his family being proud.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Buddy23

OK Kitchener fans if you're reading this board... you were right about Frankie, he absolutely stole two points for us tonight! Trade is looking better!

Old
01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
Squeet

Sometimes it's almost shocking to watch some of the stops Franky makes lol. Down, out...leg kicks out and keeps the puck out. His puck handling is superior to most goalies out there these days. I think it's an art that goalies should practice more! It helps the break out and PP and PK.
Love watching that kid play.

Old
01-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Squeet

Noticed some bad blood out there today. Surprised to see it right off the bat from Dodero and Leivo, first shift. Silker giving Vieneau an after the whistle poke too. lol Gotta love the compete level

Old
01-20-2013, 11:55 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy23 View Post
OK Kitchener fans if you're reading this board... you were right about Frankie, he absolutely stole two points for us tonight! Trade is looking better!
I'm glad he's doing so well -- I would have loved to see him stay in Kitchener, but he deserved a chance to be a starter in this league. His enthusiasm after a win is so much fun to watch!

Closed Thread