Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2012, 07:38 AM
i luvallsports

vCash: 500
his father might surprise us and send him down sooner than we think. maybe he just wanted to give his son a taste, maybe his only taste.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:18 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
The kid cannot skate, plain and simple. Last I checked, hockey was played on ice with skates. Jason Allison looks like a speedster compared to young Connor. I really truly to feel back for him as his dads own greed has thrown him into the situation, and for all I know, he might be a good kid.
If we look at the Wolves and Bulls with parent owners then we should also add other teams to the mix like Rychels with kids on the teams or potential kids in the future be they extended family or their own kids outright. We know Gilmour has a kid that plays hockey, how about the Hunters, have they not had family of some sort through there? Walker have a kid in hockey? Anyone have more info on this situation as it kinda reminds me of the OPJHL.

Old
09-26-2012, 02:55 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
If we look at the Wolves and Bulls with parent owners then we should also add other teams to the mix like Rychels with kids on the teams or potential kids in the future be they extended family or their own kids outright. We know Gilmour has a kid that plays hockey, how about the Hunters, have they not had family of some sort through there? Walker have a kid in hockey? Anyone have more info on this situation as it kinda reminds me of the OPJHL.
I don't quite get what you trying to get to with this. Kids like Rychel, Gilmour, the Hunters, have kids who can play the game at an OHL level.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
Most team in this situation will always draft the kid of an owner / employee. However, let's look at this logically. CB should not have been drafted in 3rd round. He cannot be compared to Rychel (kid). Rychel was a legitimate 1st rounder. It is possible Barrie new what would happen...he would not want to play there, then trade to Windsor to stockpile their 1st round picks in 2011. Looks at Gilmour and Gill kids with Kingston...not even part of the preseason group and they are both better than CB - at least ranked higher.

To make things even worse, they gave up a 2nd and 4th round pick to get him. I think this is what is so frustrating is what we had to give up. He would have been there still if Sudbury wanted to use their next natural pick (4th round, I believe).

Now. People are saying he is not taking a spot. He did on Sunday's game - Heuter sat in the stands (Schutt and Desroachers were injured). As far as I know all will be back for their road trip...who sits in the stands so CB gets another game in?

Old
09-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
I don't quite get what you trying to get to with this. Kids like Rychel, Gilmour, the Hunters, have kids who can play the game at an OHL level.
Gilmour? The jury is still out on that one.

Old
09-26-2012, 03:36 PM
zaluty

Gilmour looked decent in training camp which was a surprise to me. He is a big kid over 6'. Is he an OHL player? Well time will tell. Don't know where he is playing this year. Does anybody?

Old
09-26-2012, 04:01 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
Gilmour looked decent in training camp which was a surprise to me. He is a big kid over 6'. Is he an OHL player? Well time will tell. Don't know where he is playing this year. Does anybody?
Brampton Junior B. Five games, no goals, one assist, no PM's.

Old
09-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Most team in this situation will always draft the kid of an owner / employee. However, let's look at this logically. CB should not have been drafted in 3rd round. He cannot be compared to Rychel (kid). Rychel was a legitimate 1st rounder. It is possible Barrie new what would happen...he would not want to play there, then trade to Windsor to stockpile their 1st round picks in 2011. Looks at Gilmour and Gill kids with Kingston...not even part of the preseason group and they are both better than CB - at least ranked higher.

To make things even worse, they gave up a 2nd and 4th round pick to get him. I think this is what is so frustrating is what we had to give up. He would have been there still if Sudbury wanted to use their next natural pick (4th round, I believe).

Now. People are saying he is not taking a spot. He did on Sunday's game - Heuter sat in the stands (Schutt and Desroachers were injured). As far as I know all will be back for their road trip...who sits in the stands so CB gets another game in?
Burgess was rated as a B. Gilmour a C and Gill a B. Remember, fans sediments don't dictate player rankings.

Old
09-26-2012, 05:29 PM
djscooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
Burgess was rated as a B. Gilmour a C and Gill a B. Remember, fans sediments don't dictate player rankings.
I'm sorry, but despite being rated a B, there is no way Connor Burgess deserved that rating. His skating is terrible by major midget standards, nevermind by OHL standards. You can't fix skating this bad.

Old
09-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolvesFan View Post
If you bring your Blue and Green Men!!! Come as often is you like!!
Anytime

Any opinions on the questions I asked?

Old
09-27-2012, 12:51 AM
WolvesFan
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
Anytime

Any opinions on the questions I asked?
If I remember correctly what your question was, It was asking if it would leave a hole in the line up? In my opinion I think it would leave a huge hole!! He is mid-sided Dman, very offensive minded! He has played 2 games and has 4 assists He has Great Vision, and isn't afraid to get hit or to lay a hit, Solid Dman and a Solid Capitan!!

Old
09-27-2012, 07:40 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
I'm sorry, but despite being rated a B, there is no way Connor Burgess deserved that rating. His skating is terrible by major midget standards, nevermind by OHL standards. You can't fix skating this bad.
Yes you can, see it many times.

That said, I really don't have a horse in this race. Someone made an incorrect statement, I corrected it.

Old
10-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Hockeyfriend

Now 2 and 3 on season. Road trip was disaster. Top 2 lines zero points...a few of these guys have not produced during pre-season and so far into regular season.

What needs to change? What will they do this coming week while on the road again? Cummings is suppose to be back - who will sit on the back end? All forwards expected to be healthy, who will sit this weekend? CB has played 3 of the 5 games so far - really looked out of place this weekend...more than while at home.

Where do they go from here?

Old
10-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Rychel is the only owner/coach/gm kid that is legit. Simmonds, Burgess, or Gilmour would never have been drafted nearly as high as they were.

Old
10-01-2012, 04:18 PM
zaluty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Rychel is the only owner/coach/gm kid that is legit. Simmonds, Burgess, or Gilmour would never have been drafted nearly as high as they were.
Gilmour got drafted in the 8th round. How much lower should he have been drafted? Do you the difference between a kid drafted in the 8th round as opposed to the 9th or 10th because I don't

Old
10-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaluty View Post
Gilmour got drafted in the 8th round. How much lower should he have been drafted? Do you the difference between a kid drafted in the 8th round as opposed to the 9th or 10th because I don't
I'm not sure that he would have been drafted at all if his last name was different. He has good size but has never been much of a factor in the GTHL.

Old
10-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Hockeyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
I'm not sure that he would have been drafted at all if his last name was different. He has good size but has never been much of a factor in the GTHL.
Drafting a a team owner's/GM/Coach, etc kid is OK when in the 2nd half of the draft, but let's look at all the facts.

- Traded a 2nd and 4th round pick to get an additional 3rd round pick this year and use it on CB.
- Head scout resigns because of this - or so coincidental - as has always had long term employment with other teams, extremely well respected.
- Was injured and did not play thru pre-season and camp.
- After the draft in April, article in papedr, I recall, comparing CB to Kerby Rychel when was drafted by Barrie early in 1st round. Said Barrie should have passed on him so Windsor could get him later...this was a comparision between the two kids and team did not want this to happen to CB.

I would never blame the kid but asset management is not being used properly. However, I can always agree on a statement - it is a crap shoot on who you draft. Will they be what you expect them to be, be more than expected or be less. We never know, CB could be a diamond in the rough.

Old
10-05-2012, 12:38 AM
TheNorth
Better Call Saul

Alot of the new arrivals are impressing, vets need to step it up

Old
10-05-2012, 01:07 AM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Drafting a a team owner's/GM/Coach, etc kid is OK when in the 2nd half of the draft, but let's look at all the facts.

- Traded a 2nd and 4th round pick to get an additional 3rd round pick this year and use it on CB.
- Head scout resigns because of this - or so coincidental - as has always had long term employment with other teams, extremely well respected.
- Was injured and did not play thru pre-season and camp.
- After the draft in April, article in papedr, I recall, comparing CB to Kerby Rychel when was drafted by Barrie early in 1st round. Said Barrie should have passed on him so Windsor could get him later...this was a comparision between the two kids and team did not want this to happen to CB.

Barrie took him with the last pick in the 1st round,Windsor got greedy as they took Weberman right in front of Barrie's pick thinking Rychel would be there in the 2nd even though he was rated in the 1st round.Gilmour was rated 8th round at best that is why he was still there.I think there is some kind of code but you must pick your son in round he was rated or risk it.

Old
10-08-2012, 10:37 PM
Schennsation
Show goes on

Josh Levio ohl player of the week!

Old
10-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Loosie

Yup...but 6 goals in 3 games will do that

Old
10-11-2012, 12:46 AM
Schennsation
Show goes on

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrh...141953618.html

Good article on Baptiste.

Old
10-16-2012, 02:42 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBuck View Post
Barrie took him with the last pick in the 1st round,Windsor got greedy as they took Weberman right in front of Barrie's pick thinking Rychel would be there in the 2nd even though he was rated in the 1st round.Gilmour was rated 8th round at best that is why he was still there.I think there is some kind of code but you must pick your son in round he was rated or risk it.
Rychel Sr. was also quoted as saying he thought his son was a late 2nd or 3rd round talent and he wouldn't pick him just because.

Barrie was obviously trying to stick it to Windsor, because at the time of the draft the series had still yet to be played.

Old
10-22-2012, 10:23 PM
Loosie

Trade!

Sam Schutt sent to Kingston for Nathan Cull (no relation to Trent). Cull seems to bring some toughness.

http://www.sudburywolves.com/article...s-acquire-cull

Cull's stats:

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=92063

Old
10-23-2012, 08:38 AM
newyorker

Like they need more toughness. They can't stay out of the penalty box now and that it a big problem considering all the powerplays they are giving the opposition and they need more toughness. Lets face it, Schutt was a great player who had potential just wasn't given the opportunity. Good Luck Schutt hope they appreciate you the way you deserve to be appreciated in Kingston.

Closed Thread