HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Sudbury Wolves 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-23-2012, 08:44 AM
  #201
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newyorker View Post
Like they need more toughness. They can't stay out of the penalty box now and that it a big problem considering all the powerplays they are giving the opposition and they need more toughness. Lets face it, Schutt was a great player who had potential just wasn't given the opportunity. Good Luck Schutt hope they appreciate you the way you deserve to be appreciated in Kingston.
Absolutely agree with above comments. When he was given just a little opportunity he came through.

However, this is just the way Sudbury is. They give opportunity after opportunity for many players who don't respond. Our PP is the same guys shoft in shift out and are not responding - but they are expecting to be out there regardless. A kid like Schutt sat on the bench and at best was given the last few seconds of a PP once in a while. He did have a knack around the net...but ended up on lines that changed every game. Worked very hard for the better part yet others who floated their shoft away are given all they can take.

Hence a 6-7 record with no relief in site.

They truly need to get a 1st line center as the one they have now is not cutting it. May have to sacrifice a few of the 95's.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 11:39 AM
  #202
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Almost 1/4 way through the season. BS is going to have to make some tough decisions very soon. Either sell off guys like Leivo, Kantor, Sefton, etc (older guys) for youth or move youth for experience and go all in. 7-8 on the season. Outshooting teams and playing well for most part but not a lot of finish.
PP is still not working very well on a regular basis. PK is very good, but we are not scoring many on even strength.
I know we won Friday big time but then again Saturday lost a game when we outshot the other team.

What does BS do now?

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
10-28-2012, 10:44 PM
  #203
TheNorth
Better Call Saul
 
TheNorth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 681
vCash: 500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JviO0...hannel&list=UL

How many times does this have to happen?

TheNorth is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 02:11 PM
  #204
Scottrockztheworld*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,301
vCash: 500
On the Canucks forum we've been talking Corrado recently & it was brought up that Corrado is ppg right now while the next closest dman in scoring has 3 points. Has he been as dominating as his stat line suggests?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 04:34 PM
  #205
Loosie
Registered User
 
Loosie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,746
vCash: 500
Corrado named OHL player of the week, thanks mostly to his 5 assists on Friday, and a total of 7 points in the 3 games.

Loosie is offline  
Old
10-29-2012, 11:08 PM
  #206
OSA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 96
vCash: 500
Value of Josh Leivo?

Hey Wolves fans

As an Attack fan, it looks like its a good year for us to make a run in the playoffs. There's a lot of parity this year so I know it might be a little early to decide which direction you're hoping your team goes, but, in the event that Blaine Smith decides to build for the future, what would you as fans expect a fair return would be for Josh Leivo? Could a deal be done with draft picks?

OSA is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 09:39 PM
  #207
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Hey Guys, just reading over the thread, as it has been awhile since I put my 2 cents in.

I have been a strong supporter of Sudbury for last 3 years and their main problem, is Coach Cull and player evaluation. They draft too many northern fringe players, and they dont develop players. Cull has no system, and the guys are just skating around with no set plays. They lost to Mississauga, with half the talent they have, because James Boyd has his players playing a SYSTEM.

Losing Vilardi for Burgess, or other northern fringe players is wrong, and terrible reputation being put forth annually by Sudbury. They play Cummins 2-3 shifts per game, and play Thibodeau ahead of him. Most good teams would play the youngster with one of the reliable older guys like Sefton or Corrado?? They are going to ruin that kid also. If he couldnt step in, then why pick him 14th overall? At that draft number, the kid has to step in, especially when their defence is weak to start off with.

Also, Schutt should have never made the team 3 years ago with Foligno and ODell and all that talent. He was on the team because of his family contacts. He is not a Great player as a few of you have mentioned. He would get the puck in his own end, and put his head down and head north, without regard to any other player on his team. He never passed the puck, never fought, or hit. He was just a good skater, but on the smallish side.

Sudbury needs to clean up their act with the disfunctional dealings of the coach, GM and owner, and until they do, they will never get the respect and credibility from the scouts, agents and other teams.

JMO

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-30-2012, 09:43 PM
  #208
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSA View Post
Hey Wolves fans

As an Attack fan, it looks like its a good year for us to make a run in the playoffs. There's a lot of parity this year so I know it might be a little early to decide which direction you're hoping your team goes, but, in the event that Blaine Smith decides to build for the future, what would you as fans expect a fair return would be for Josh Leivo? Could a deal be done with draft picks?
BS will never trade Leivo, because Sudbury thinks they can win the Memorial Cup every year. They could have traded ODell and Foligno to build for the future, and they didnt. They could have traded Sgarbossa for the future and they didnt, and were eliminated in 4 straight to Brampton.

SUDBURY DOESNT GET IT. THEY CANT WIN EVERY YEAR, AND THAT STUNTS THEIR PLAYER DEVELOPMENTS, POTENTIAL, LEGITIMATE CONTENDERS.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 06:51 AM
  #209
djscooter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Hey Guys, just reading over the thread, as it has been awhile since I put my 2 cents in.

I have been a strong supporter of Sudbury for last 3 years and their main problem, is Coach Cull and player evaluation. They draft too many northern fringe players, and they dont develop players. Cull has no system, and the guys are just skating around with no set plays. They lost to Mississauga, with half the talent they have, because James Boyd has his players playing a SYSTEM.

Losing Vilardi for Burgess, or other northern fringe players is wrong, and terrible reputation being put forth annually by Sudbury. They play Cummins 2-3 shifts per game, and play Thibodeau ahead of him. Most good teams would play the youngster with one of the reliable older guys like Sefton or Corrado?? They are going to ruin that kid also. If he couldnt step in, then why pick him 14th overall? At that draft number, the kid has to step in, especially when their defence is weak to start off with.

Also, Schutt should have never made the team 3 years ago with Foligno and ODell and all that talent. He was on the team because of his family contacts. He is not a Great player as a few of you have mentioned. He would get the puck in his own end, and put his head down and head north, without regard to any other player on his team. He never passed the puck, never fought, or hit. He was just a good skater, but on the smallish side.

Sudbury needs to clean up their act with the disfunctional dealings of the coach, GM and owner, and until they do, they will never get the respect and credibility from the scouts, agents and other teams.

JMO
I don't think you could be more wrong about 90% of what you said in this post. Trent Cull is one of the few things that is right about this team. Guys like Pancel, Silk, Kahun, Kubalik would have never gotten the chance to excel under Foligno like they have with Cull.

No one is going to argue Burgess being on the team is an absolute joke. However, Conor Cummins has done nothing to earn icetime. He has been absolutely terrible whenever he is on the ice. He has 0 hockey sense, the great skating ability people claimed he had in midget is gone. He simply stands around and watches plays go around him. Easily the worst Sudbury Wolf this year outside of Burgess.

Saying the defence is weak is really off the mark in my opinion. Sefton, Corrado, Dodero, Corbett, de Haan, Braid have the makings of a well above average top 6. Sefton has simplified his game and is making smart defensive plays, Corrado has been one of the best defencemen in the OHL this season. Dodero has been inconsistent, however when he is one he is a great physical defensive d-man. When healthy Corbett has been a solid steadying presence on the blueline. De Haan and Braid have both given the defence some much needed speed and have a great ability to make the first pass out of the zone. The issue lies in net when you have a goalie who consistently gives up soft goals.

As far as these "disfunctional dealings" go, they are 100% the fault of Mark Burgess. Blaine Smith has done a great job of making deals to get the team what they need(McFarland for Sgarbossa, late pick for Dodero, deal to get an additional first round import pick this last summer). The second Mark put his son ahead of the team, we lost a well respected head scout, by forcing the teams hand and playing him he has lost the respect of many of the teams prospects. I know of atleast one who was offered a contract after Burgess was given a spot on the team, and he declined.

It's only a matter of time until Connor Burgess gets hurt, as we saw against Niagara. That is the one thing that is a real shame is Mark done not seem to care for the well being of his own son.

djscooter is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 06:56 AM
  #210
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
BS will never trade Leivo, because Sudbury thinks they can win the Memorial Cup every year. They could have traded ODell and Foligno to build for the future, and they didnt. They could have traded Sgarbossa for the future and they didnt, and were eliminated in 4 straight to Brampton.

SUDBURY DOESNT GET IT. THEY CANT WIN EVERY YEAR, AND THAT STUNTS THEIR PLAYER DEVELOPMENTS, POTENTIAL, LEGITIMATE CONTENDERS.
Agree with your last few comments. CB for Vilardi was ridiculous and is a topic of discussion at every rink I go to...it is well known about how poorly it was handled. Younger top talent will think twice about reporting to Sudbury moving forward.

There will be exceptions but the only players willing to go to Sudbury are the Northern less than elite plaers, but will they be given the ice they deserve (either good or bad). As you mentioned the 1st rounders should be able to jump right in given a little time to adjust to the speed, but are they given that time over kids who have been there longer - answer is no.

A few kids do play very well without the puck and have been taught systems/positioning at younger levels but they sit on the bench more than the kids who just free wheel out there or rarely put in an effort,

Sudbury is a very strange team from top management down to coaching. The team as we see today will not go far...not that the talent is not there to do better but because of the way things are being handed (or should say mishandled) by the bosses. Having CB on the roster just kills chemistry. I am sure he is a good kid but just having him on the ice in a game and knowing you need to give him ice as owners son. However, he is a bottom end player and will not or should not make the difference in a win or loss - but there is supposed top 6 talent which is not doing very well and is given all the ice he wants - MC floats away shifts and it can be heard from ths stands teammates screaming for him to get off the ice. He won't back check tired but will surely stay on when in the offensive zone - all of a sudden he has energy after being on the ice for 90 seconds and his line mates have long left the ice. He basically screws up the contininuity of the lines after wards because of his unwillingness to come off when he should (nice way of saying that he floats too much out there).

Management and coaches have to make the changes necessary to drive forward. They need to give the 1st rounders more playing time and to give other kids an opportunity to play in situations instead of same old kids who are not getting job done.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 07:12 AM
  #211
djscooter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
MC floats away shifts and it can be heard from ths stands teammates screaming for him to get off the ice. He won't back check tired but will surely stay on when in the offensive zone - all of a sudden he has energy after being on the ice for 90 seconds and his line mates have long left the ice. He basically screws up the contininuity of the lines after wards because of his unwillingness to come off when he should (nice way of saying that he floats too much out there).
Could not agree more, Campagna is likely one of the biggest issues on this team. He gets all the icetime in the world and is an absolutely giveaway machine, and refuses to move the puck to his linemates.

djscooter is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 07:38 AM
  #212
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Could not agree more, Campagna is likely one of the biggest issues on this team. He gets all the icetime in the world and is an absolutely giveaway machine, and refuses to move the puck to his linemates.
But it will continue and nothing will be done about it. He has something over Cull or management OR his style of play is exactly what the team wants. Either way it makes you wonder. Watched him play his first year and that was, in all honesty, his best overall year. He worked failry hard then and as last year went along his game went south. However, he cannot be used with lesser players (ie. put him down the pecking order) becuase he would just pack it in - would try less. Also, younger kids are not given opportunities and watch in frustration as kids like MC take a high percentage of the ice.

While CB is a 4th liner on this team and will have little or no impact to the outcome of a game, MC's ice and his work ethic will have major impact on the season.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 05:14 PM
  #213
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
But it will continue and nothing will be done about it. He has something over Cull or management OR his style of play is exactly what the team wants. Either way it makes you wonder. Watched him play his first year and that was, in all honesty, his best overall year. He worked failry hard then and as last year went along his game went south. However, he cannot be used with lesser players (ie. put him down the pecking order) becuase he would just pack it in - would try less. Also, younger kids are not given opportunities and watch in frustration as kids like MC take a high percentage of the ice.

While CB is a 4th liner on this team and will have little or no impact to the outcome of a game, MC's ice and his work ethic will have major impact on the season.
Hockey Friend, I agree with most of what you have to say above, and in prior notes, and disagree strongly with djscooter.

Unfortunately, with MC, he has never been a favourite of Coach Cull and will never be. He played 3rd line minutes in his first 2 years, for a 5th overall pick, thats a shame on Sudbury.

Lesser talented players in the OHL, in his age group have been given letters on their jerseys, and played 1st or 2nd line minutes. Just like Baptiste and Cummins, these high end draft picks will be ruined because of Cull. Sgarbossa played all the time last year, on the PP, and guys like MC and Silk, got maybe 10 seconds on any PP.

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU DEVELOP YOUR PLAYERS. CULL PLAYS FOR A WIN EVERY NIGHT, AT ANY COST. HE JEOPARDIZES THE DEVELOPMENT OF FUTURE PLAYERS, FOR IMMEDIATE GAINS.

Last 5 high end draft picks- Mcfarland,Sefton, Campagna, Baptiste and Cummins( all drafted in top 5 except for Cummins), have turned out to be below avg players, and will not play in the NHL, unless they transform big time. FOR SUDBURY, THAT IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE SYSTEM.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 06:24 PM
  #214
djscooter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Hockey Friend, I agree with most of what you have to say above, and in prior notes, and disagree strongly with djscooter.

Unfortunately, with MC, he has never been a favourite of Coach Cull and will never be. He played 3rd line minutes in his first 2 years, for a 5th overall pick, thats a shame on Sudbury.

Lesser talented players in the OHL, in his age group have been given letters on their jerseys, and played 1st or 2nd line minutes. Just like Baptiste and Cummins, these high end draft picks will be ruined because of Cull. Sgarbossa played all the time last year, on the PP, and guys like MC and Silk, got maybe 10 seconds on any PP.

THAT IS NOT HOW YOU DEVELOP YOUR PLAYERS. CULL PLAYS FOR A WIN EVERY NIGHT, AT ANY COST. HE JEOPARDIZES THE DEVELOPMENT OF FUTURE PLAYERS, FOR IMMEDIATE GAINS.

Last 5 high end draft picks- Mcfarland,Sefton, Campagna, Baptiste and Cummins( all drafted in top 5 except for Cummins), have turned out to be below avg players, and will not play in the NHL, unless they transform big time. FOR SUDBURY, THAT IS AN EMBARRASSMENT TO THE SYSTEM.
I don't think you could be further off. McFarland had 0 hockey sense, and would have failed in any organization. Sefton had a huge amount of icetime from the get go and his skating ability has held him back. He's developed into a solid defensive d-man who can clear the crease. Campagna's issue are 100% on him. The kid has a terrible attitude, refuses to pass the puck, and has zero compete in him. I've never seen someone lose battles so consistently.

Baptiste is still only 17 and has shown some sparks, however he does have issues in that he has the skill set but he has issue translating it into success. On the other hand he is the most likely to suffer from the team he was drafted by. Cummins is absolutely horrendous. Have you even watched him play? He has no clue what to do when he is on the ice and simply watches the play. I don't think it's outlandish to say he was the worst player taken in the first round.

Were Mitchell Dempsey, Nick Moutry, David Perklin, Chris Marchese, Grant Webermin, Curtis Crombeen, all failures because of their coaches? No some players don't develop, it's pretty simple.

djscooter is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 08:04 PM
  #215
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
I don't think you could be further off. McFarland had 0 hockey sense, and would have failed in any organization. Sefton had a huge amount of icetime from the get go and his skating ability has held him back. He's developed into a solid defensive d-man who can clear the crease. Campagna's issue are 100% on him. The kid has a terrible attitude, refuses to pass the puck, and has zero compete in him. I've never seen someone lose battles so consistently.

Baptiste is still only 17 and has shown some sparks, however he does have issues in that he has the skill set but he has issue translating it into success. On the other hand he is the most likely to suffer from the team he was drafted by. Cummins is absolutely horrendous. Have you even watched him play? He has no clue what to do when he is on the ice and simply watches the play. I don't think it's outlandish to say he was the worst player taken in the first round.

Were Mitchell Dempsey, Nick Moutry, David Perklin, Chris Marchese, Grant Webermin, Curtis Crombeen, all failures because of their coaches? No some players don't develop, it's pretty simple.
You slam every one of the guys above, but say that I am wrong. If Cummins and McFarland were terrible to start off, why were they picked so high. Maybe , its the player evaluation then?

The guys above, like Dempsey, Moutry and Perklin, and etc... are all late first rounders. Try mentioning Monahan, Domi, Galchenyuk, Gaunce, Laughton, Ritchie, etcc....- these top end picks have excelled, because they went to teams that had coaches that played them in all key situations from the start. Their coaches didnt put them on the 3rd or 4th lines for the first full year to get demoralized or not develop.

Dal Colle comes out of GTA with same credentials as MC, and he is putting up big numbers and playing great in Oshawa, because they put him on the first line with Biggs and Jenner. In Sudbury, he would be considered a soft GTA player, and placed on the 3rd line with inferior wingers, and would be given no key minutes.

Sudbury has a track history of screwing it up, and until the Owner, GM and Coach get on the same page, it will always be a nightmare. Their head scout opened his eyes and quit the team because of the bush league antics.

Sudbury has great fans, and they pack the arena every home game, and they deserve better.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 08:56 PM
  #216
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
You slam every one of the guys above, but say that I am wrong. If Cummins and McFarland were terrible to start off, why were they picked so high. Maybe , its the player evaluation then?

The guys above, like Dempsey, Moutry and Perklin, and etc... are all late first rounders. Try mentioning Monahan, Domi, Galchenyuk, Gaunce, Laughton, Ritchie, etcc....- these top end picks have excelled, because they went to teams that had coaches that played them in all key situations from the start. Their coaches didnt put them on the 3rd or 4th lines for the first full year to get demoralized or not develop.

Dal Colle comes out of GTA with same credentials as MC, and he is putting up big numbers and playing great in Oshawa, because they put him on the first line with Biggs and Jenner. In Sudbury, he would be considered a soft GTA player, and placed on the 3rd line with inferior wingers, and would be given no key minutes.

Sudbury has a track history of screwing it up, and until the Owner, GM and Coach get on the same page, it will always be a nightmare. Their head scout opened his eyes and quit the team because of the bush league antics.

Sudbury has great fans, and they pack the arena every home game, and they deserve better.
Agree that Sudbury has let these guys try and develop on 3rd/4th line...once in a while they get moved to 2nd line but if they don't produce immediately they are put back.

One thing I notice is that Cull decides from beginning of season where kids will play and not shake things up to much. A few weeks back he was quoted in the paper as saying things will change - this was after their disasterous road swing into Michigan and Windsor - well as soon as they came back it was same guys playing on our awful PP. Some kids don't even get a sniff at it - even when it is as awful as it is.

Am not sure how scouts now perceive Sudbury - none of the top talents want to come here any more and this could hurt them longer term.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 09:32 PM
  #217
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
Agree that Sudbury has let these guys try and develop on 3rd/4th line...once in a while they get moved to 2nd line but if they don't produce immediately they are put back.

One thing I notice is that Cull decides from beginning of season where kids will play and not shake things up to much. A few weeks back he was quoted in the paper as saying things will change - this was after their disasterous road swing into Michigan and Windsor - well as soon as they came back it was same guys playing on our awful PP. Some kids don't even get a sniff at it - even when it is as awful as it is.

Am not sure how scouts now perceive Sudbury - none of the top talents want to come here any more and this could hurt them longer term.
It will get worse. Leivo's NHL bosses will want him to be moved to more productive team, and I am sure that he will be gone by trade deadline.

I bet you Vilardi gets moved along with MC, for prospects or draft picks or northern, tough kids.

MC went from 2nd leading scorer in OHL Cup (behind Monahan, but had played less games), 5th pick overall, U17 Gold with Mr. Grimes of Bulls, U18 Gold with Mr. Spott of Rangers, NHL R and D camp, but he cannot seem to be able to play a role in Sudbury.

Same will happen with Baptiste.

It must be Coach Cull.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 09:52 PM
  #218
djscooter
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
It will get worse. Leivo's NHL bosses will want him to be moved to more productive team, and I am sure that he will be gone by trade deadline.

I bet you Vilardi gets moved along with MC, for prospects or draft picks or northern, tough kids.

MC went from 2nd leading scorer in OHL Cup (behind Monahan, but had played less games), 5th pick overall, U17 Gold with Mr. Grimes of Bulls, U18 Gold with Mr. Spott of Rangers, NHL R and D camp, but he cannot seem to be able to play a role in Sudbury.

Same will happen with Baptiste.

It must be Coach Cull.
Must be coach Cull? What was the excuse when Mike Foligno here?

You spewed the same crap last year about there was no way Corrado or Leivo would be playing for the wolves this year, and Campagna and Harris would be gone shortly after. What changed?

djscooter is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 10:03 PM
  #219
mesh
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
if campagna wont pass the puck put brody silk at center , the position he played his whole career at and excelled at. silk was a great playmaker at this polsition

mesh is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 10:05 PM
  #220
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djscooter View Post
Must be coach Cull? What was the excuse when Mike Foligno here?

You spewed the same crap last year about there was no way Corrado or Leivo would be playing for the wolves this year, and Campagna and Harris would be gone shortly after. What changed?
Corrado was out the door, but he was promised the world on the PP and the C, and thats why he is still there. Leivo will be gone.

MC was to be gone last year at trade deadline, but they traded Kontos instead, as MC didnt request a trade.

Cull played Corbett at centre in the 3rd period last year in the playoffs against Brampton. Corbett was a 7th dman on the team, and you put him to take face offs in the offensive zone, in the playoffs. What do you think that MC, Baptiste, Harris, Silk were thinking?

Besides the Leivo, Sgarbossa and Russian line, last couple of years, Coach Cull has not kept any one line together in the last 3 years. You have to trust your players and let them grow and build confidence. By him not playing his high end draft picks, what he is doing, is condemning BS for his picks. That cant happen. BS should have canned Cull long time ago.

We may disagree, but when it is not working, you must make changes, and you cant keep blaming the kids.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 10:06 PM
  #221
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
1. Valardi cannot be moved. He can complete a full year before being looked at to move. He has to approve the team. At end of second year he has no say.

2. MC looks like he does not want to be in Sudbury anyway. He is not a team player with all the things stated earlier.

3. Leivo - agree. Toronto bosses will want him moved to a better team. We will see.

4. Cull did MC and others a diservice last year by supporting Sgarbossa and Levio with huge amounts of ice. Every situation they were on the ice. Up by 5 goals, down by 5, PP and PK. Many PP's they were on full 2:00 and saw one 5:00 where they Sgarbossa was on for full 5:00 and they were scored on twice?

Cull is doing same thing this year...he is giving PP time to 5-6 guys only and are not developing anyone else. Not sure if this is Cull 100% or management has a say in it - they do with CB.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
  #222
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
1. Valardi cannot be moved. He can complete a full year before being looked at to move. He has to approve the team. At end of second year he has no say.

2. MC looks like he does not want to be in Sudbury anyway. He is not a team player with all the things stated earlier.

3. Leivo - agree. Toronto bosses will want him moved to a better team. We will see.

4. Cull did MC and others a diservice last year by supporting Sgarbossa and Levio with huge amounts of ice. Every situation they were on the ice. Up by 5 goals, down by 5, PP and PK. Many PP's they were on full 2:00 and saw one 5:00 where they Sgarbossa was on for full 5:00 and they were scored on twice?

Cull is doing same thing this year...he is giving PP time to 5-6 guys only and are not developing anyone else. Not sure if this is Cull 100% or management has a say in it - they do with CB.
Agree with all points, but dont understand the first point. Sorry if I am having a brain cramp? He was a 3rd round pick. He can request trade and be moved? Please advise.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 10:31 PM
  #223
Hockeyfriend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 397
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Agree with all points, but dont understand the first point. Sorry if I am having a brain cramp? He was a 3rd round pick. He can request trade and be moved? Please advise.
A first rounder can be traded at the trade deadline of his first season. 2nd rounders on up cannot be traded until after his first season and then there is restrictions - in the 2nd year the player approves the team. After their 2nd season is complete they go where team wants them to go. There is no restriction then.

In Valardi's case. He cannot be traded this year at all and only go to an approved team next season.

Hockeyfriend is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 10:36 PM
  #224
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,541
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfriend View Post
A first rounder can be traded at the trade deadline of his first season. 2nd rounders on up cannot be traded until after his first season and then there is restrictions - in the 2nd year the player approves the team. After their 2nd season is complete they go where team wants them to go. There is no restriction then.

In Valardi's case. He cannot be traded this year at all and only go to an approved team next season.
Thanks for the clarification.

I heard that he was thinking of going to US College, but cannot go now because he overextended his training camp allowance, and thus is not entitled to go to US?

Did you hear this, and can you confirm this rule?

chewerjones is offline  
Old
10-31-2012, 10:39 PM
  #225
JSavoire
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
It will get worse. Leivo's NHL bosses will want him to be moved to more productive team, and I am sure that he will be gone by trade deadline.

I bet you Vilardi gets moved along with MC, for prospects or draft picks or northern, tough kids.

MC went from 2nd leading scorer in OHL Cup (behind Monahan, but had played less games), 5th pick overall, U17 Gold with Mr. Grimes of Bulls, U18 Gold with Mr. Spott of Rangers, NHL R and D camp, but he cannot seem to be able to play a role in Sudbury.

Same will happen with Baptiste.

It must be Coach Cull.
While I agree with you on Campagna as he just couldn't get out of being 3rd liner for most of the year yet on 2nd PP. As for Baptiste he plays a heck of a lot more and definitely positive ice, and many first line/PP scenarios. Baptiste just won't stop doing his favourite move from Minor Midget which is to come down on the off-wing and shoot far side. His single favourite play and which isn't doing it for him right now. With that type of ice PLUS PP and playing ALL games he should be producing tons. Now I know many aren't happy with Cully's style of play but it can't be worse than Brampton, Mississauga or Belleville's style of play just to name a few. Something will have to change and soon as fans will not want another 'go nowhere big' season.

JSavoire is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.