HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rosario Ruggeri

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-17-2004, 08:02 PM
  #1
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,593
vCash: 500
Rosario Ruggeri

Anyone know what kind of player he is? He has yet to have a bio yet, and no one answered on the QMJHL forum

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 09:44 PM
  #2
Pontifex Maximus*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,098
vCash: 500
I've heard he's tough as nails but equally adept all around. It has been rumored he has been signed (or agreed to terms).

Pontifex Maximus* is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 10:09 PM
  #3
RoDu
Registered User
 
RoDu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,593
vCash: 500
thanks, I've been waiting to hear what he's like, and sounds like what we need

RoDu is offline  
Old
05-17-2004, 11:25 PM
  #4
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 35,916
vCash: 50
btw was that his sister that won the womens college hockey POTY award? i forgot the name of the trophy i just remember she had the same last name as Rasario

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Old
12-12-2004, 05:01 PM
  #5
Lisenok
orangeandblack.ru
 
Lisenok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Russians Bad (c)
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Anyone know why Rosario Ruggeri play for Johnstown Chiefs (ECHL)? It is loan or trade?
Thanks.

Lisenok is offline  
Old
12-12-2004, 06:03 PM
  #6
easton122
Registered User
 
easton122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisenok
Anyone know why Rosario Ruggeri play for Johnstown Chiefs (ECHL)? It is loan or trade?
Thanks.
Im assuming he was sent to the ECHL to play for any team that would take him. He should be in the AHL right now but since Pitkanen and Seidenberg are on the Phantoms he was set back a little bit.

easton122 is offline  
Old
12-12-2004, 06:05 PM
  #7
easton122
Registered User
 
easton122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
Anyone know what kind of player he is? He has yet to have a bio yet, and no one answered on the QMJHL forum
Im not positive but I think he's a big physical player who has a right handed shot (good for us). I don't think he is expected to have much of an offensive game like he had in juniors but I guess there is always a chance that he could develop it in the Pros too. Hopefully he will be our crease-clearing defensemen of the future. IMO that would be the best possible outcome.

easton122 is offline  
Old
12-12-2004, 06:47 PM
  #8
Lisenok
orangeandblack.ru
 
Lisenok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Russians Bad (c)
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Im assuming he was sent to the ECHL to play for any team that would take him. He should be in the AHL right now but since Pitkanen and Seidenberg are on the Phantoms he was set back a little bit.
Ruggeri played for Trenton Titans this season (Titans are the ECHL affiliate of the Phantoms), but last game he played for Johnstown Chiefs (Chiefs are the ECHL affiliate of Springfield and Cleveland). He was loaned or traded? If Ruggeri has been traded, he is no more Flyers' prospect.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55111

Lisenok is offline  
Old
12-12-2004, 07:01 PM
  #9
easton122
Registered User
 
easton122's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to easton122 Send a message via MSN to easton122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisenok
Ruggeri played for Trenton Titans this season (Titans are the ECHL affiliate of the Phantoms), but last game he played for Johnstown Chiefs (Chiefs are the ECHL affiliate of Springfield and Cleveland). He was loaned or traded? If Ruggeri has been traded, he is no more Flyers' prospect.
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php3?pid=55111
During the NHL lockout there can be no changes to a team's roster so there is no way he is no longer a Flyers prospect. Process of elimination shows he was loaned to the Johnstown Chiefs Maybe he wasn't working out there and they thought a change of scenery may do both parties good.

easton122 is offline  
Old
12-12-2004, 07:12 PM
  #10
Lisenok
orangeandblack.ru
 
Lisenok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Russians Bad (c)
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 144
vCash: 500
This much explains Thanks, easton122.

Lisenok is offline  
Old
12-12-2004, 07:40 PM
  #11
Roger's Pancreas*
 
Roger's Pancreas*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 13,363
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by easton122
Im not positive but I think he's a big physical player who has a right handed shot (good for us). I don't think he is expected to have much of an offensive game like he had in juniors but I guess there is always a chance that he could develop it in the Pros too. Hopefully he will be our crease-clearing defensemen of the future. IMO that would be the best possible outcome.
6-1 205, makes for a pretty solid frame. I hope he is as physical as you're saying, because that is a whole lot of muscle.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline  
Old
12-13-2004, 10:42 AM
  #12
fan mao rong
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: port royal , pa
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
Rosario Ruggeri played last night for the Trenton Titans (12/16/04) . I don't know where this Johnstown thing comes from. Ruggeri was injured early in the year and then played regularly in Trenton since. I see he is always listed as a Right Handed Shot , but in the game action pictures I have seen on the websites he has appeared to be a Left-Handed-Shot.

fan mao rong is offline  
Old
12-13-2004, 11:44 AM
  #13
Larry44
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 5,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fan mao rong
Rosario Ruggeri played last night for the Trenton Titans (12/16/04) . I don't know where this Johnstown thing comes from. Ruggeri was injured early in the year and then played regularly in Trenton since. I see he is always listed as a Right Handed Shot , but in the game action pictures I have seen on the websites he has appeared to be a Left-Handed-Shot.
Ruggieri is a left handed shot.

Larry44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.