HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Sweden (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzino View Post
I agree but he is probably very rusty. Rinne played a lot the last 2 months so Lindbäck is far from match fit. Shame Jonas Gustavsson said no, Enroth might be the worst NHL goalie Sweden have, ok Henrik Karlsson is worse hehe.
I don't think Gustavsson was invited, and he's hardly considered a good NHL goalie either. The chances of Toronto bringing him back next seasons are very slim.

Old
05-11-2012, 05:28 PM
Exalted User

vCash: 500
So when Hörnqvist arrives we'll roll:

Franzen - Zetterberg - Eriksson
Stålberg - Krüger - Landeskog
Silfverberg - Järnkrok - Hörnqvist
Persson - Larsson - Alfredsson

?

Also Mårts has painted him self and the rest of the coaches in to a corner. New people are needed. I said it in the GDT thread but i think Popovic and Grönborg needs to go. Grönborg has not accomplished anything besides a crapping-the-bed preformance against USA at the WJC18 finals and Popovics track-record with SSK is less than impressive. He's incredibly overrated.

Samuelsson is a good defense coach and Robersson(Ulf as well) is a real energy guy. Just what this team needs.

EDIT:

Picture from the presser, Mårts seems to have lost his glasses.

Last edited by 1912: 05-11-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old
05-11-2012, 08:14 PM
Oyabun

So is Franzen out now as well ? this is getting ridiculous. Sweden plays a game of hockey = someone gets injured

Old
05-11-2012, 08:34 PM
Pentothal
Listen with one ear

Please get Fasth off Tre Kronor.. also the defense needs to step up. With one skater and one goalie to add it isn't looking good with all these injuries. Who is the alternative to Lundqvist, who I don't think we'll see?

Old
05-11-2012, 08:49 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentothal View Post
Please get Fasth off Tre Kronor.. also the defense needs to step up. With one skater and one goalie to add it isn't looking good with all these injuries. Who is the alternative to Lundqvist, who I don't think we'll see?
Well, we actually do have 12 F's and 6 D's.

Markstrom a period away from eliminaton.

Edit: Markstrom now available.

Last edited by joe89: 05-11-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old
05-11-2012, 09:05 PM
derriko

vCash: 50
I know Alfie has played bad, but he's still one of the best players on the team and will turn it around. No way he goes to the fourth line

Old
05-11-2012, 09:20 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by derriko View Post
I know Alfie has played bad, but he's still one of the best players on the team and will turn it around. No way he goes to the fourth line
He won't. And he hasn't been bad except against Germany. Marts is doing everything to get him to his best level, he played 23:26 against Russia. I think he will get paired with Hornqvist on the 2nd line, remains to be seen who the center is.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:11 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Is it confirmed that Franzén is in? I could see him rest the Italian game.

Old
05-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Elvs

Going forward, I expect (or at least hope to see):

Hornqvist/Landeskog - Persson - Alfredsson
Stalberg - Kruger - Landeskog/Hornqvist
Larsson - Jarnkrok - Silfverberg

Old
05-12-2012, 02:52 AM
niljano

Landeskog and Fasth are swedens worst players so far this tournament. Fasth has spoiled his chance, and is no goalie too count on. Where is his important saves? Against italy i hope They play fourthline and thirdline a lot, because Sweden looked very slow and had tired legs. I hope Enroth plays this Two last games, i think there is much more too see from him

Old
05-12-2012, 03:07 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by niljano View Post
Landeskog and Fasth are swedens worst players so far this tournament. Fasth has spoiled his chance, and is no goalie too count on. Where is his important saves? Against italy i hope They play fourthline and thirdline a lot, because Sweden looked very slow and had tired legs. I hope Enroth plays this Two last games, i think there is much more too see from him
Landeskog has been better than Fasth, Enroth, Hedman, Jarnkrok, Silfverberg, Persson, Larsson.

Old
05-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Trotzig

Quote:
Originally Posted by niljano View Post
*****?

Old
05-12-2012, 03:58 AM
Exalted User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvstrand View Post

Bringing the Brynäs line together is probably a smart thing. Hope it happens. But persson as 2nd line center? Put persson on the third line and move up Kruger, Stålberg and Landeskog to the second line and roll Alfie, Persson, and Hörnqvist on the third.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:14 AM
Elvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstroms pads View Post
Bringing the Brynäs line together is probably a smart thing. Hope it happens. But persson as 2nd line center? Put persson on the third line and move up Kruger, Stålberg and Landeskog to the second line and roll Alfie, Persson, and Hörnqvist on the third.
It's not ideal, but until we have Backstrom or Johansson, what can you do? Doesn't matter which line is 2nd or 3rd on paper, Kruger/Stalberg/Landeskog would be the 2nd line at any night when they're better than Alfredsson and co. It would basically be a #1 line, a #2a line and a #2b line.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:17 AM
Hockeyfrilla

Franzen resting against Italy, Hörnqvist-Persson-Alfredsson is a line

Old
05-12-2012, 04:18 AM
joe89

Quote:

Quote:
It's not ideal, but until we have Backstrom or Johansson, what can you do? Doesn't matter which line is 2nd or 3rd on paper, Kruger/Stalberg/Landeskog would be the 2nd line at any night when they're better than Alfredsson and co. It would basically be a #1 line, a #2a line and a #2b line.
You got it right.

Mattias Ek @EkExpressen
Patric Hörnqvist börjar i en kedja med D Alfredsson och Niklas Persson mot Italien. Franzén får alltså vila efter nässmällen. Spel tisdag.

I probably would've done the same. I see little sense in not using those "bottom" lines. Left is Persson and he is a center. He's shown he can produce before, maybe he can take the defensive responsibility first and foremost and lets see what happens between Hornqvist and Alfie. I wonder how they'll do with the first line tonight though. I would give Landeskog a chance, he plays the most alike Franzen.

Old
05-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Exalted User

Quote:
I could buy in to this if Mårts wasn't matching the lines like a moron.

Old
05-12-2012, 05:22 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
In a perfect world one would have liked to Have seen :

Sedin - Sedin - Ericsson
Hornqvist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Steen - Berglund - Alfredsson
Landeskog - Krueger - Stahlberg

With Samuelsson as 13 fwd, Silfverberg and one spot open for Backstrom/Hagelin/Johansson

Lidstrom - Kronwall
Karlsson - Edler
Enstrom - hjalmarsson

Murray ( could have useful yesterday and against US/Canada - no?), Hedman/grossman

The Monster
Markstrom/Lundqvist (waited until tomorrow)
Fasth

Old
05-12-2012, 05:49 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
In a perfect world one would have liked to Have seen :

Sedin - Sedin - Ericsson
Hornqvist - Zetterberg - Franzen
Steen - Berglund - Alfredsson
Landeskog - Krueger - Stahlberg

With Samuelsson as 13 fwd, Silfverberg and one spot open for Backstrom/Hagelin/Johansson

Lidstrom - Kronwall
Karlsson - Edler
Enstrom - hjalmarsson

Murray ( could have useful yesterday and against US/Canada - no?), Hedman/grossman

The Monster
Markstrom/Lundqvist (waited until tomorrow)
Fasth
Not bad but I think this perfect line up will change as things move on next year.

Anyway, the only thing I'd definitely change would be putting Samuel Pahlsson centering the 4th line. We don't have any centre even close to his ability to play the other team's top lines in terms of checking/defense/faceoffs. He's still considered one of the top defensive forwards in the NHL and one of the few who has been in consideration for the Selke trophy despite the fact that he had a low points total. Only one close would be Zetterberg but he's wasted on the 4th line.

Old
05-12-2012, 05:53 AM
MrJonas
Ekblads of Steel

Why is Landeskog an alternate captain? He's been pretty meh so far to be honest, Loui should get his A.

Old
05-12-2012, 05:59 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Why is Landeskog an alternate captain? He's been pretty meh so far to be honest, Loui should get his A.

he is the most physical player in the squad.

Old
05-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Why on earth would that be an improvement? The reasoning is that Landeskog is supposed to lead the "kids" in the team, which I can understand. He's physical and very hard working. Meanwhile Loui kind of disappeared yesterday when the "**** went down", so to say. I love King Loui and he scores a lot of points, but I don't think he should be alternate captain.

Old
05-12-2012, 07:01 AM
Harikkerk

Scary how there's so much hatred against Swedish hockey right now...

I wonder why...

Old
05-12-2012, 07:21 AM
benzino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
Why on earth would that be an improvement? The reasoning is that Landeskog is supposed to lead the "kids" in the team, which I can understand. He's physical and very hard working. Meanwhile Loui kind of disappeared yesterday when the "**** went down", so to say. I love King Loui and he scores a lot of points, but I don't think he should be alternate captain.
Yep Landeskog is the young player they see as a future captain so they gave him a A. I'm a Avalanche fan and have seen every Avs game this season and Landeskog isn't performing as good as he can. He started out on right wing where he isn't as effective but then got switched back to left when playing with Krüger and Landy has looked better since the switch but there is just something off with him. Not sure if it is a injury or he doesn't enjoy playing on a big rink as much as a small one since it limits his usual in your face hit everything that moves style.

Old
05-12-2012, 07:54 AM
FiLe
Mr. Know-It-Nothing

Landeskog having an 'A' does make sense from a Finnish perspective at least. If the kid's got leadership skills that show, his age shouldn't be an issue.

In here, they gave Saku Koivu an 'A' back in the day when he was barely in his twenties and made him our permanent captain when he was 23.

Closed Thread