HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

General Talk '12 — Sweden (Part II)

Closed Thread

Old
05-06-2012, 03:43 PM
WayneBruce

vCash: 500
What will happen to Kruger if we bring another center from the NHL? The easiest thing would be to move Zetterberg to the wing, but it would be stupid to break up our first line. Has Kruger ever played on the wing, or will they move Järnkrok to the wing and use Kruger as the third line center?

I would really like Bäckström to join the team, he has been playing the hockey of his life these last few games. He is clearly the best swedish forward in the NHL imo.

Old
05-06-2012, 04:38 PM
Trotzig

3min left, looks like Berglund and Steen will be availible.

Old
05-06-2012, 04:43 PM
WayneBruce

Now they are.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:16 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
What will happen to Kruger if we bring another center from the NHL? The easiest thing would be to move Zetterberg to the wing, but it would be stupid to break up our first line. Has Kruger ever played on the wing, or will they move Järnkrok to the wing and use Kruger as the third line center?

I would really like Bäckström to join the team, he has been playing the hockey of his life these last few games. He is clearly the best swedish forward in the NHL imo.
Not gonna say for sure, but I think he played some wing with DIF. I guess it makes more sense to move Jarnkrok to the wing though.

Franzen-Zetterberg-Eriksson
Landeskog-Berglund-Alfredsson
Silfverberg-Kruger-Jarnkrok
Stalberg-Lundqvist-Steen

That could work.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:24 PM
thephillyflu

Quote:

He's not even top 3. Well, okay, he's #3 just ahead of Zetterberg, maybe, maybe not. What he's not is better than the Sedins that's just a joke. 2x consecutive Art Ross, Hart Trophy, Lester B/Ted Lindsay, I mean come on.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:25 PM
helicecopter

the way i've seen Berglund skating in this game (didn't watch the full 60min though), i'm not sure he would be an upgrade, unless he replaces Persson or Lundqvist, which i doubt will happen.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephillyflu View Post
He's not even top 3. Well, okay, he's #3 just ahead of Zetterberg, maybe, maybe not. What he's not is better than the Sedins that's just a joke. 2x consecutive Art Ross, Hart Trophy, Lester B/Ted Lindsay, I mean come on.
I think he is the most skilled player, he showed that during the olympics in 2010 as well. Give him an equally skilled twin on the same line and he would be getting those trophies too.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Berglund1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by thephillyflu View Post
Bäckström is the best swedish Forward. I take Bäckströms 101 point season over the sedins Trophy season .

Old
05-06-2012, 05:43 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicecopter View Post
the way i've seen Berglund skating in this game (didn't watch the full 60min though), i'm not sure he would be an upgrade, unless he replaces Persson or Lundqvist, which i doubt will happen.
Berglund is one of Marts "most wanted" guys, and was our best skater last worlds. He would pretty clearly be our second best center. He's a do it all player aswell, can't have too many of those.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
FirstSwitch

I would love to see both Berglund and Steen but I guess it´s a chance not to take them both depending on the free spots available.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Berglund is one of Marts "most wanted" guys, and was our best skater last worlds. He would pretty clearly be our second best center. He's a do it all player aswell, can't have too many of those.
Berglund would need to bring his A game to deserve a top 6 spot imo.
(i'm not making a prediction, i know yours is the likely outcome no matter what)

Old
05-06-2012, 05:56 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Berglund would need to be 100% on his A game to deserve a top 6 spot imo.
(i'm not making a prediction, i know yours is the likely outcome)
I watched the 3rd period of todays game, Berglund is our 2nd line center if he plays like he did. Kruger is not a better option. Berglund on his A game scores at least 8 goals in 9 games in the WC.

Old
05-06-2012, 05:59 PM
helicecopter

Quote:
I watched the 3rd period of todays game, Berglund is our 2nd line center if he plays like he did. Kruger is not a better option.
what about Backstrom instead

Quote:
Berglund on his A game scores at least 8 goals in 9 games in the WC.
lol, it happened once, talk about a reliable sample..

Old
05-06-2012, 06:03 PM
WayneBruce

Quote:
what about Backstrom instead
Bäckström would push Berglund down to the third line but he is not available and might never be for this tournament. He is not an option right now.

Quote:
lol, it happened once, talk about a reliable sample..
Well, thats his A game so far. Would he not be a top 6 forward if he played like that again?

Old
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
helicecopter

Quote:
Well, thats his A game so far. Would he not be a top 6 forward if he played like that again?
IF he played like that, NO doubts. But Berglund is also the same player who went for long strecthes without a goal in the NHL..

38pts this year, i'd say whoever expect him to score almost a goal per game at top level has good chances of ending up disappointed.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:19 PM
joe89

Quote:
IF he played like that, NO doubts. But Berglund is also the same player who went for long strecthes without a goal in the NHL..

38pts this year, i'd say whoever expect him to score almost a goal per game at top level has good chances of ending up disappointed.
Everything needs to be put into perspective.

38 points vs Kruger's 26.(defense first team vs all offense team)

7 points(9 games) in the playoffs vs Kruger's 0(6).

Physicality. Size. Leadership.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Bring on Bulan, I say! I wouldn't mind Steen either.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:50 PM
Pellegrino

I want Bulan, but there's no need for Steen and that spot should be kept in case someone better like Bäckström becomes available.

Quote:
I think Järnkrok on the wing. Remember him playing there a lot for Brynäs when they used Järnkrok and Silfverberg as wingers with Hansen/Larsson as center.

Old
05-06-2012, 06:52 PM
Pellegrino

Delete.

Old
05-07-2012, 12:27 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
I think he is the most skilled player, he showed that during the olympics in 2010 as well. Give him an equally skilled twin on the same line and he would be getting those trophies too.
An uninformed argument. Henrik won the Hart memorial and became the leading scorer in NHL (Art Ross) when Daniel was out for injury for a long stretch of games.

Bäckström? Yes he really is held back by having a bad linemate or what? Playing with Ovechkin would make both Sedins so much better than they are now. Bäckström has achieved nothing.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Manny*

Old
05-07-2012, 02:19 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Haha, cute (or good indoctrination)!

Old
05-07-2012, 02:33 AM
marchbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveeviL View Post
An uninformed argument. Henrik won the Hart memorial and became the leading scorer in NHL (Art Ross) when Daniel was out for injury for a long stretch of games.

Bäckström? Yes he really is held back by having a bad linemate or what? Playing with Ovechkin would make both Sedins so much better than they are now. Bäckström has achieved nothing.
How much Capitals hockey have you watched recently? I've watched every game that Backstrom and Ovechkin played this year, and it's my opinion that in the time that they played on the same line this season, Ovechkin's play was holding Backstrom back. In fact, I've actually wished that Backstrom had had a reliable linemate like the Sedins have.

In spite of this, Backstrom was either #7 or 8 place in NHL scoring at the time of his concussion. I didn't see anyone else in the top 15 who managed that without the help of a linemate also near the top. Ovechkin was only about #50 at the time Backstrom was injured. In fact, Backstrom was so far ahead in points that it took Ovechkin more than a month (16 games, I think) to catch up.

After watching the last two seasons, I believe that the two are moving in opposite directions. Ovechkin has been steadily regressing, while Backstrom is improving and has become the Capitals' most important player.

Old
05-07-2012, 02:59 AM
Alfapet

If both Steen and Berglund comes, is it still possible to get Backstrom?

Old
05-07-2012, 03:17 AM
kuf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfapet View Post
If both Steen and Berglund comes, is it still possible to get Backstrom?
There's only two skater spots left to register. If both would come and get registered there's no more room. After that there's only more spot for a goaltender.

Too bad you can't revoke the registration of injured players.

Closed Thread