HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Future Blue Rankings...

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2004, 11:24 PM
karl_hungus

vCash: 500
Future Blue Rankings...

I was just wondering if anyone out there noticed the rankings on the board behind Glen when he was talking about the team...and what forks they should use

I have the program recorded on my Tivo so I figured I'd give it a pause and try and copy what was on the board...some of it was blurry but here it goes:

CHL EUROPE COLLEGE

Immomen ? ??
Olver ? ??
Grahame ? ??
Dubinsky ? ??
Ryan ? ??
Petruzalek ? ??
Dornic ? ??
???? Damned if I know but it almost looked like Dube to me ? ??

Baranka L 85?
Paiement L 84?
Furrer L 8?
Laatikainen L 80?
Kallarsson L 79?
Duben L 81?
??? no clue who this was

Guenin R 82?
Potter R 84?
Reese R 84?
Richter R 77?
Gorokhov R 77?

Montoya ? ??
Lundqvist ? ??
Holt ? ??
Asplund ? ??

Above Glen's head was another list - I'm assuming AHL and ECHL...

Falardeau L 80?
Cuthbert R 80?

Rawlyk L 83?

All the names and rankings were on what appeared to be little rectangular magnets and judging by the way that they arranged, I would say they threw them up there and rearranged them in the order they thought was best - regardless of the number since it appears as if some guys have a higher number but are ranked lower.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting and wondered if anyone else caught it.

Old
12-13-2004, 11:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
I noticed that I think it was Dube as well. Maybe Sather has plans of signing him or actually did but not announced yet. But if it is Dube why is he not on the Rangers in the system page? And Gorokhov wow we still own his rights.

Old
12-14-2004, 03:09 AM
Balej20*

Funny how Blackburns name doesnt appear on the goalie list. I guess because he's not playing...or maybe because he's not even in their plans...

Old
12-14-2004, 07:17 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I noticed that I think it was Dube as well. Maybe Sather has plans of signing him or actually did but not announced yet. But if it is Dube why is he not on the Rangers in the system page? And Gorokhov wow we still own his rights.
dube is not on the system page because dube isn't part of the system and hasn't been part of the organization for like 4 years...his name wasn't on the list.

i'd have to go back and look again but my guess is that the name was DUBEN...Premsyl Duben, who the rangers drafted in 2000 is still in the organization

Old
12-14-2004, 07:24 AM
NYR469

the thing that didn't make sense to me, although it might make sense if you could read the whole chart and not see only parts, is what is the point of having headings of 'europe' 'college' 'juniors' if you are then going to mix the kids into 1 group??

i could understand sub-dividing the prospects to compare players in the same leagues, but why make those sub-divisions and then put potter, baranka, martin richter, etc all on the same list??

Old
12-14-2004, 10:40 AM
karl_hungus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
dube is not on the system page because dube isn't part of the system and hasn't been part of the organization for like 4 years...his name wasn't on the list.

i'd have to go back and look again but my guess is that the name was DUBEN...Premsyl Duben, who the rangers drafted in 2000 is still in the organization

L3, the name looked as if it was only 4 letters long, and while puzzling, it did look like a bit Dube. It was also under the centers list while Duben's name was on the list for defencemen.

Again, the whole thing was sort of blurry (I think because the Tivo records with a lot of compression) so it was hard to make out some of the names and ranks...

Old
12-14-2004, 01:25 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20
Funny how Blackburns name doesnt appear on the goalie list. I guess because he's not playing...or maybe because he's not even in their plans...
Maybe they don't consider him a prospect anymore. Was Lundmark's name on the list? No. Was any player like Moore who's already playing in the Ranger's system? Nope.

Blackburn's career is in doubt, but I wouldn't read too much into a bunch of names on a board.

Old
12-14-2004, 08:07 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Maybe they don't consider him a prospect anymore. Was Lundmark's name on the list? No. Was any player like Moore who's already playing in the Ranger's system? Nope.

Blackburn's career is in doubt, but I wouldn't read too much into a bunch of names on a board.
Good point.

Old
12-14-2004, 08:34 PM
Fish

Thanks for the heads up, took a look at the show on DVR tonight and might be able to give some additional info. As far as who was on the board...

The defenseman whose name you couldn't read was Sundin, as in Ronnie Sundin. They had him ranked "79" so I guess that's not good. They had Furrer and Paiment ranked above Guenin which I thought was interesting though.

They also had Dube as you mentioned and Wirll and Cuthbert (Pack properties) which was also interesting.

Old
12-14-2004, 08:38 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469

Dube was definitely on their board, as was Sundin...if I recall correctly there was a provision where a team made a qualifying offer and the player defected to Europe. It allowed the team to hold the rights until they basically became a UFA at 31.

Old
12-14-2004, 08:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Dube was definitely on their board, as was Sundin...if I recall correctly there was a provision where a team made a qualifying offer and the player defected to Europe. It allowed the team to hold the rights until they basically became a UFA at 31.

U think Sather will sign them? Maybe Dube would help our offense. He did have offensie in juniors. I say lets give them a shot if we still own their rights.

Old
12-14-2004, 09:24 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I can see it now (although I won't be watching): And now to take the 1st faceoff of a new season...our captain (homegrown no less) Dube. Yep, don't think he's a member of the NHLPA anymore. Here's his chance to come back and prove Smith wrong.

Old
12-14-2004, 09:39 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

I remember Sather having intrest in Sundin in the past, maybe he has in Dube as well. Sather always says u cant have enough depth.

Old
12-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Chief

[QUOTE=NYR469]the thing that didn't make sense to me, although it might make sense if you could read the whole chart and not see only parts, is what is the point of having headings of 'europe' 'college' 'juniors' if you are then going to mix the kids into 1 group?? [QUOTE]

It's possible that the league headings had nothing to do with the end result of the rankings but were merely there at the start of the exercise, when they initially listed the players, and then were not removed from the board when they ranked the players by position.

Closed Thread