HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brawl in Norfolk!

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Albi

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Albi
Brawl in Norfolk!

From the LATimes

... But all the good feelings dissipated quickly when Lowell's Brantt Myhres and Norfolk's Jim Vandermeer collided as the two teams left the ice after the first period. That brought the teams together, and when Lowell coach Tom Rowe and Norfolk coach Trent Yawney had to be separated, the scene degenerated into a parody of hockey cliche.

Bruno St. Jacques grabbed Yawney's tie as Rowe took a swing at him. Myhers went after the coach later in the brawl, which lasted more than 10 minutes. In the melee, linesman Mark Hamlett was badly injured. And just when it looked to be ending, goalies Cam Ward and Michael Leighton started swinging. The last time Rowe saw something like that? "Probably back in the '70s," he said while watching the third period from the stands after both he and Yawney were thrown out, among 114 minutes in penalties assessed after the first period. ...

link - LATimes
Boxscore

I wish I was there...

Old
12-13-2004, 01:53 PM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi
From the LATimes

... But all the good feelings dissipated quickly when Lowell's Brantt Myhres and Norfolk's Jim Vandermeer collided as the two teams left the ice after the first period. That brought the teams together, and when Lowell coach Tom Rowe and Norfolk coach Trent Yawney had to be separated, the scene degenerated into a parody of hockey cliche.

Bruno St. Jacques grabbed Yawney's tie as Rowe took a swing at him. Myhers went after the coach later in the brawl, which lasted more than 10 minutes. In the melee, linesman Mark Hamlett was badly injured. And just when it looked to be ending, goalies Cam Ward and Michael Leighton started swinging. The last time Rowe saw something like that? "Probably back in the '70s," he said while watching the third period from the stands after both he and Yawney were thrown out, among 114 minutes in penalties assessed after the first period. ...

link - LATimes
Boxscore

I wish I was there...
im going to guess that Allan Rourke started it with the headbutt. since he was suspended indefinitly until further review by the league,as are both coaches, and since the AHL commish was in attendance for the game im sure someone is going to made an example of. Couldnt happen to a nicer team thou(sarcasm) I really have no sypmathy for Lowell.
Also i believe this situation wouldnt have esculated if the benches were not situated the way they are. I believe at the Scope in Norfolk the home team has to cross the visiting teams bench to get to the dressing room.

Old
12-13-2004, 02:52 PM
King Blazer

AHL announces suspensions

Mon, December 13, 2004

American Hockey League President and CEO David Andrews today announced the following suspensions after a league review of AHL Game #348 between the Lowell Lock Monsters and Norfolk Admirals, played Saturday night, Dec. 11, in Norfolk, Va.:

The AHL has suspended Lowell head coach Tom Rowe and Norfolk head coach Trent Yawney for ten (10) regular-season games each for their actions on Saturday. Both coaches had been assessed gross misconducts at the 20:00 mark of the first period.

Lowell left wing Brantt Myhres has been suspended a total of eight (8) games for leaving the players' bench and initiating an altercation. Lowell defenseman Allan Rourke, who received a match penalty for head-butting, has been suspended for three (3) games. Norfolk left wing Mike Brown and defenseman Jim Vandermeer have been suspended for two (2) games apiece for their roles in the incident.

Additionally, both coaches, a total of nine players and both organizations have been fined undisclosed amounts.

Rowe, who served the first game of his suspension on Sunday, will be eligible to return to the Lowell bench on Jan. 9 vs. Providence. Myhres will begin his suspension on Dec. 17 at Worcester, and will be eligible to return to the lineup on Jan. 7 at Manchester. Rourke served his first game on Sunday, and will miss the Lock Monstersí next two games (Dec. 17 at Worcester, Dec. 18 vs. Worcester).

Yawney will be eligible to return to the Norfolk bench on Jan. 8 vs. Bridgeport. Brown and Vandermeer will each miss the Admiralsí next two games (Dec. 15 vs. Manchester, Dec. 16 at Houston) and will be eligible to return on Dec. 18 at Houston.

link: www.theahl.com/AHL/News/2004/12/13/780898.html

Old
12-14-2004, 01:41 AM
GoneFullHextall
JR=clueless

vCash: 50
i feel really,really bad for the Lowell LockMonster organization

Old
12-14-2004, 01:49 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45