HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Marlies Thread Part IX: Stuart Percy Impresses All.

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2012, 11:26 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForSpareParts View Post
tonight the TOR won with defense (only 17 shots). Kadri's offense sells tickets and youtube videos. Deschamps' overall game and shot blocking wins championships.

Period
Alright, thats why NJD putrid D and high offensive flair players are winning the series for them against the defensive NYR?

Old
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
To ANA
Luca Caputi

To TOR
Nicolas Deschamps

^Burke's most underrated move of the season.

Kadri fans obviously see him as a threat. This threat is a good thing for the Leafs no?
I don't see him as a threat, if he can become a solid player then thats a benefit to the fans, however your never ending hate for Kadri is getting tiring.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:27 PM
blueNwhite89

vCash: 500
Quote:
Kadri fans obviously see him as a threat. This threat is a good thing for the Leafs no?
still not sure if you're a serious poster or just trolling

Old
05-23-2012, 11:28 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7#post50081757

all sorts of fan/expert outpouring of love for Deschamps in this thread.

it's not just me. the guy is winning over all sorts of Marlies / Buds fans.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:29 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Last summer/fall, ForSpareParts (Formally Agreement) was leading the crusade in the "Kadri vs. Frattin" thread bashing Kadri and trying to make them seem mutually exclusive. Now he's moved on to Deschamps, pimping him beyond belief and trying to put down Kadri once again, just hoping for him to fail.

FYI, I like Deschamps, and have been keeping an eye on him since he came over in the Caputi trade. And I was very impressed by him live when I saw him on monday. I see what you're saying about him, but I don't understand why liking one prospect means you have to put down the other. Kadri and Deschamps play different roles for the Marlies, and would play different roles for the Leafs in the future. Just like Kadri and Frattin in last year's debate. They're NOT mutually exclusive. I for one would like to see all of our prospects succeed and graduate to the big club, and not call for the rest to be traded once one starts doing well.

Old
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLblue75 View Post
still not sure if you're a serious poster or just trolling
i've been to two Marlies playoff games this season.

i am a Deschamps supporter.

i am here in this thread bringing him up.

Old
dubey
~manlets~

Quote:
Deschamps is a lock for the 3rd line next season,
hehe nope

Old
05-23-2012, 11:31 PM
tokenmetalhead*

Deschamps is a perimeter player. He DOESN'T go through the high-traffic areas, shies away from physical contact, and turns the puck over with any kind of pressure.

He IS a very good passer and perimeter player, probably good for the powerplay in that sense. He could be good on the cycle. But the guy has no grit and doesn't shoot. This two-way game you speak of is a complete myth. I have watched him and he plays as much of a two-way game as Kadri.

Kadri has far better vision and actually goes into the corners. His backchecking is lacking, but he can put up offence so he makes up for it. If people actually think Deschamps is as good as/a better prospect than Kadri, they are sadly mistaken. Watch some Marlies games.

The real gems of the Marlies forwards are Kadri, D'Amigo, and Frattin. Colborne could join the group with some consistency. Deschamps has career minor-leaguer written all over him, unless he somehow gets over his fear of breaking eggs in the corners.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Quote:

Old
Espher

Send a message via ICQ to Espher Send a message via AIM to Espher Send a message via MSN to Espher Send a message via Yahoo to Espher
Quote:
Connecting a lot of imaginary dots on that front.

I mean, I'm glad he's turning out well. I thought it was a good return for Caputi, since I figured he'd turn out better for us, but he's still exceeded my expectations.

But a threat? Get the tin foil hats out.

Old
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Last summer/fall, ForSpareParts (Formally Agreement) was leading the crusade in the "Kadri vs. Frattin" thread bashing Kadri and trying to make them seem mutually exclusive. Now he's moved on to Deschamps, pimping him beyond belief and trying to put down Kadri once again, just hoping for him to fail.

FYI, I like Deschamps, and have been keeping an eye on him since he came over in the Caputi trade. And I was very impressed by him live when I saw him on monday. I see what you're saying about him, but I don't understand why liking one prospect means you have to put down the other. Kadri and Deschamps play different roles for the Marlies, and would play different roles for the Leafs in the future. Just like Kadri and Frattin in last year's debate. They're NOT mutually exclusive. I for one would like to see all of our prospects succeed and graduate to the big club, and not call for the rest to be traded once one starts doing well.
all you've been doing is keeping your username in tune.

i create adversarial relationships. i have a style.

i am glad we agree on Deschamps. you should have made a thread before me. the credit is all mine now.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Stephen

If he makes it to the NHL, and makes a positive contribution, great, but I don't see much of a point in getting this hyped up about something so minor.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Obama

Quote:
that's right. he's not on your radar. he's not in your Youtube collection of sick Kadri goals'n'deeks.

Deschamps is a lock for the 3rd line next season, probably a ceiling 2nd line left winger in time, and a good reason to trade Kadri.

http://forecaster.thehockeynews.com/...layer.cgi?6673

according to the hockey news:

he scores, checks, passes well, does great work on the boards, goes to the dirty areas, blocks shots, skates well, and has heart.

played for Chicoutimi, drafted by Anaheim (2/35 in 2008), and played for Syracuse and Toronto. traded to the leafs for Caputi.

he plays really well without the puck and he is #11 in AHL playoff scoring (soon to be in the top 10). he should have been a star tonight (1 goal 1 assist), but they gave the 3rd star to Fraser.

#17 for your Toronto Marlies (and a big reason they have gone this far in the Calder Cup Playoffs) Nicolas Deschamps.

there is no question he will be ready next season to be a permanent fixture on the 3rd line.
Of course there is doubt. He's never played an NHL game for crying out loud. Yes, I hope he does well, and he has looked good but this thread is ridiculous.

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
Kulemin-Grabo-MacA
Frattin-Connolly-Armstrong
Brown-Steckel-Rosehill

Then you have guys like Kadri, Lombardi, Crabb, D'amigo

Saying Deschamps is a guarantee to beat out all of these guys for a spot on the third line is completely over the top.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:36 PM
summerstorm

Quote:

actually...you are making me bring up....again...still...

Old
05-23-2012, 11:36 PM
tokenmetalhead*

Quote:
To ANA
Luca Caputi

To TOR
Nicolas Deschamps

^Burke's most underrated move of the season.

Are you for real? "A threat"? I welcome any prospect that makes an improvement to our NHL roster. I just don't see Deschamps being a full-time player on said NHL team, or any for that matter, now or in several season's time. I would LOVE to be wrong. You can never have too many good forward prospects. But I agree with others, you seem to have Kadri hate-goggles on.

Old
05-23-2012, 11:45 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

3rd line?

Connolly Lombardi Armstong

pppllllease...

Old
05-23-2012, 11:49 PM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

more fans testimonials:

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoke meat pete View Post
The Deschamps deal is one of interest for me. I was a Caputi fan, as I liked his desire around the net, but this trade seems to have been good for both teams. Bourke is recreating his 2008 draft in Toronto. Gardiner, then Deschamps, and hopefully Schutz.

Old
05-24-2012, 06:57 AM
KlattNazty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenmetalhead View Post
Deschamps is a perimeter player. He DOESN'T go through the high-traffic areas, shies away from physical contact, and turns the puck over with any kind of pressure.

He IS a very good passer and perimeter player, probably good for the powerplay in that sense. He could be good on the cycle. But the guy has no grit and doesn't shoot. This two-way game you speak of is a complete myth. I have watched him and he plays as much of a two-way game as Kadri.

Kadri has far better vision and actually goes into the corners. His backchecking is lacking, but he can put up offence so he makes up for it. If people actually think Deschamps is as good as/a better prospect than Kadri, they are sadly mistaken. Watch some Marlies games.

The real gems of the Marlies forwards are Kadri, D'Amigo, and Frattin. Colborne could join the group with some consistency. Deschamps has career minor-leaguer written all over him, unless he somehow gets over his fear of breaking eggs in the corners.
Are you nuts? Deschampes is not soft and actually plays one of the best board games for the Marlies

Old
05-24-2012, 07:33 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Another thing I have noticed about Deschamps is hes pretty feisty. Always in the middle of scrums and chirping away. Love his game

Old
05-24-2012, 08:51 AM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Deschamps has really impressed me all season long. He has been consistent and stewpped up when players were out. But I don't see him as a lock for this season on the Leafs. I expect some call-ups, but i think he would be better off playing top 6 roles on the marlies. The Kadri hate is nothing new, especially from ForSpareParts. Kadri is a good player whether you like it or not and you can't compare him to deschamps because they are totally different players. Kadri has what it takes to be a NHL top 6 player, deschamps is not there yet. Stop bashing Kadri. Just stop.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:08 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Deschamps has really impressed me all season long. He has been consistent and stewpped up when players were out. But I don't see him as a lock for this season on the Leafs. I expect some call-ups, but i think he would be better off playing top 6 roles on the marlies. The Kadri hate is nothing new, especially from ForSpareParts. Kadri is a good player whether you like it or not and you can't compare him to deschamps because they are totally different players. Kadri has what it takes to be a NHL top 6 player, deschamps is not there yet. Stop bashing Kadri. Just stop.
By the looks of it, ForSpareParts thinks that in order for one prospect to succeed another must fail. Pretty stupid logic if he actually thinks that way, especially considering they're 1 point apart in playoff points and Kadri was better in the regular season.

From what I've seen Deschamps has 3rd line potential and is likely to hit it, while Kadri has 1st line potential and is more likely to be a top 6 forward than a perennial first liner.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:55 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Quote:
more fans testimonials:
I have seen most of the marlies playoffs games. I do agree that Deschampes can potentially be a NHLer in the future. However you need to know, the speed and spacing of the AHL game is a lot different from the NHL. I 100% agree on your mini scouting report post however one thing that it neglects to point out is his foot speed. I was focusing on watching that aspect of his game last night and am not convinced he is fast enough for the NHL. His time and space management in the AHL is excellent, his board work is excellent, shot blocking, defensive zone coverage, physicality, excellent, foot speed well below par. Puck control in the AHL is chaotic, this reduces the need to skate and track down pucks/players, it reduces the amount of 1 on 1 battles. There is also lot of neutral zone play, where in the NHL puck possession mainly occurs in an offensive or defensive zone. I wouldn’t crown him an NHLer yet by any means, however i wouldn’t be hesitant to try him out with the big club. You have to know why the AHL semi glorifies any player types abilities. There are reasons as to why players can produce well over a point per game in the AHL however never once get considered to play in the NHL. AHL is great for development, but by no means does it guarantee your game to translate into NHL success.

Last edited by HockeyGuruPitka: 05-24-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old
05-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Guys I have been to THREE Marlie playoff games and trust me...

Zigomanis > Kadri.

He's a lock for #1C next year.

Old
05-24-2012, 10:56 AM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Zigomanis > Kadri.

OMG Pi for GM!

Old
05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post

Zigomanis > Kadri.

Mind...blown!