HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time to find new places to get the fix. Euro games on TV?

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Choice

vCash: 500
Time to find new places to get the fix. Euro games on TV?

Its depressing enough knowing we wont see the Rangers any time in the close to near future, but any top level hockey at all is unthinkable. The AHL really does not cut it for me.

I have seen one Russian league game back in 98 and really enjoyed the uptempo skill oriented style. It might be time to adopt Dynamo Moscow as a new favorite team. To that end, what does everyone think of a channel, maybe ESPN, showing the european leagues, since they are obviously the best in the world right now. Of course it wouldn't get the rating of world series of poker, but there is a niche. FOX Sports World has Euro soccer games all day long, and I think hockey is more popular here than soccer, so it does not seem that farfetched. Personally, I would at least consider a premium fee to see Russian or Swedish leagues on cable.

Another idea would be to move the Wolfepack to MSG for good (the arena not the network).

Last edited by Choice: 12-13-2004 at 06:08 PM.
Old
12-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Fletch

I'd love to see Russian games...

although I don't think the interest is overwhelming here in the states. There is Fox Sports World, although that's mostly dominated by soccer. As for the 'Pack... I think the Rangers' practice facility, or Chelsea Piers are more logical destinations for Wolf Pack hockey than the Garden. It's like putting the Brooklyn Cyclones at Shea, or the Staten Island Yankees in Yankees Stadium.

Old
12-13-2004, 06:44 PM
Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
As for the 'Pack... I think the Rangers' practice facility, or Chelsea Piers are more logical destinations for Wolf Pack hockey than the Garden. It's like putting the Brooklyn Cyclones at Shea, or the Staten Island Yankees in Yankees Stadium.
Its a little easier to picture if the major leagues didnt exist. PLus it wouldnt be Brooklyn and S.I.. It would be more like Norfolk Tides and Columbus Clippers. Hard to see it, but its not as if the Rangers are already playing there.
Chelsea Piers would be awesome, but theres just not nearly enough room for the fans. The practice facility is not a bad idea, although I've never been there so I dont know what level of crowd it could support.

Old
12-13-2004, 06:57 PM
Fletch

Chelsea was a joke..

meaning that's about how many fans you'd get to a Wolf Pack game in New York City.

Closed Thread