HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Swedish tabloid ranks the 10 biggest stars in the WC

Old
05-04-2012, 03:19 PM
EkiE

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamuz View Post
Mikko didn't have a bad year, he was injured. He missed almost 30 games and was 2nd in scoring for the wild... only 9 points less than Heater. Also when Mikko was playing Wild had a winning trend which lost when he got injured.. Lehtonen is good yeah, but IMO Mikko is our biggest star like that list says.
Being 2nd in Minnesota roster is like being second last in Pittsburgh roster, nothing to write home about. And Mikko's abcence this year didn't really make much difference at all. Wild still sucked when he came back from his injury. Lehtonen on the other hand was probably best player in Dallas Stars team and almost got them to PO.

Meaning Im not changing my mind.

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Zamuz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EkiE View Post
Being 2nd in Minnesota roster is like being second last in Pittsburgh roster, nothing to write home about. And Mikko's abcence this year didn't really make much difference at all. Wild still sucked when he came back from his injury. Lehtonen on the other hand was probably best player in Dallas Stars team and almost got them to PO.

Meaning Im not changing my mind.
That's why Mikko is one of the most underrated players, he actually makes a difference when he is on the ice which you only notice when he is missing.. the wild were just bad all around and much worse team than Dallas is, Dallas has a better defense to help Lehtonen.. in the other hand Wild doesn't have a defense at all to be honest.

Zamuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 04:41 PM
EkiE

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamuz View Post
That's why Mikko is one of the most underrated players, he actually makes a difference when he is on the ice which you only notice when he is missing.. the wild were just bad all around and much worse team than Dallas is, Dallas has a better defense to help Lehtonen.. in the other hand Wild doesn't have a defense at all to be honest.
Im fine with Mikko there, but If someone was asking me I'd say Lehtonen. IMHO

EkiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:01 PM
joe89

For being Wennerholm this is as good a list as you'll ever see. Tavares is a top10 guy of the tournament though, and solid cases could be made for Eberle and Eriksson aswell.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:06 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
He's not even the biggest name on his own team.
Since when?

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Eidyia

Good ranking for a tabloid. I bet a Finnish cheap press would be even more far off.

Eidyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Kush

Quote:
Originally Posted by WangMustGo View Post
How is Tavares not on this list? He has been Canada's best player for 2 consecutive years now. He should be top 5.
I agree, he should be sloted right behind Karlsson...I'm a huge Tavares fan, and he's being criminaly underated here.

Kush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1100
Don't read Aftonbladet, especially if you want NHL news/opinions.

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 08:06 PM
Jerkini

Call me crazy but i'd take a younger, healthier, bigger Corey Perry over Pavel Datysuk. I wouldn't lose sleep if I could only have one though, don't get me wrong.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:10 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeX4cavalier View Post
That was actually Daniel Sedin. Perry was the most valuable player to his team. Perry over Datsyuk is hillarious. Perry's ppg including the playoffs, was only a bit higher than Datsyuk. Datsyuk is also the best defensive forward in the league, so it is pretty funny.
He outscored Perry by 6 points and had his linemates with him all year. Bobby Ryan bounced around the lineup all year while Getzlaf missed a good portion of the season. You don't think that if Perry had 10 more games with that unit together he couldn't have scored 6 more points? Give me a break. Danny boy had Henrik all year long and he had a pretty good chunk of points too. Danny boy wasn't better.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Kulemon

Alfredsson over Tavares? Sounds reasonable

Kulemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2012, 09:21 PM
LeX4cavalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
He outscored Perry by 6 points and had his linemates with him all year. Bobby Ryan bounced around the lineup all year while Getzlaf missed a good portion of the season. You don't think that if Perry had 10 more games with that unit together he couldn't have scored 6 more points? Give me a break. Danny boy had Henrik all year long and he had a pretty good chunk of points too. Danny boy wasn't better.
Crosby was easily the best player last year. Also, i'd much rather be voted as the most outstanding player in the nhl by the guys that play this game for a living, than be voted the most valuable player to his team voted by a bunch of guys behind desks.

LeX4cavalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 03:14 AM
Zamuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkini View Post
Call me crazy but i'd take a younger, healthier, bigger Corey Perry over Pavel Datysuk. I wouldn't lose sleep if I could only have one though, don't get me wrong.
But that article wasn't about that, it was about biggest stars in the tournament. Datsyuk is surely better right now, Perry had a pretty difficult season.

Zamuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 04:24 AM
aLus

Aftonbladet is a terrible gossip journal. Why is this even being discussed on a serious level? He's obviously a troll.

aLus is offline   Reply With Quote