HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group S • May 4 • Czech Republic 2, Denmark 0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-04-2012, 12:42 PM
  #126
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Let's stop with all this playing dirty. It was a surprinsingly un-physical match. I think it was down to 7 hits 4-3 Denmark for the whole game. The Hansen hit was at fairly low speed and wasn't at all nasty...just an unlucky outcome. Plekanec foot-block on the puck should have been called in my oppinion, but that is a referee decision. It cannot be called "dirty playing". It's delaying game if it is anything. Offcourse he can be tackled in that position as he holds the puck, and he withstood it very well. But neither can in anyway be called "dirty". It's a physical game, and when you have the puck you can be hit.

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 12:46 PM
  #127
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
If you really want "dirty" then read about the Olympic waterpolo final between Hungary and Sovjet in 1956 (at the time when Sovjet tanks had rolled into Hungary crushing the uprising). There was "blood on the dancefloor"...I mean the basin. But that is also a very physical sport with a lot of underwater opportunity the referee can't see very well.

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:00 PM
  #128
Mattia Mei
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Italy
Posts: 90
vCash: 500
Kutlak?

Mattia Mei is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:07 PM
  #129
CZechSenator
#15 Jan Marek R.I.P.
 
CZechSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattia Mei View Post
Kutlak?
Possible concussion. He felt dizzy after game according to Czech TV.

CZechSenator is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:12 PM
  #130
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Let's hope Kutlak will be OK. Real shame to miss the rest of the tournament after just 1 game.

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:24 PM
  #131
CZechSenator
#15 Jan Marek R.I.P.
 
CZechSenator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Czech Republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Let's hope Kutlak will be OK. Real shame to miss the rest of the tournament after just 1 game.
We lost Martínek last year in first period of opening match with concussion. Our defensemen aren't lucky.

CZechSenator is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:34 PM
  #132
PsychoDad
Registered User
 
PsychoDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Berlin
Country: Germany
Posts: 1,886
vCash: 500
OMG, Petr Nedved is still playing? He is entering Chelios territory...

PsychoDad is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
  #133
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CZechSenator View Post
We lost Martínek last year in first period of opening match with concussion. Our defensemen aren't lucky.
Damn that's really bad luck. How you think that will affect the czech chances in the rest of the tournament if both Martinek and Kutlak are out?

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 01:50 PM
  #134
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Damn that's really bad luck. How you think that will affect the czech chances in the rest of the tournament if both Martinek and Kutlak are out?
That with Martinek happened last year.

I don't think it would affect anything if Kutlak was out for the tournament. Hope he's ok though.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 02:02 PM
  #135
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
That with Martinek happened last year.

I don't think it would affect anything if Kutlak was out for the tournament. Hope he's ok though.
So it means you are used to it, and know exactly what to do! But it's good to have depth among the defenders. If Denmark lost Philip Larsen it would be a catastrophy for the team: PP - PK - generel defence.

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
  #136
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoDad View Post
OMG, Petr Nedved is still playing? He is entering Chelios territory...
Jesper Duus played for Denmark in 2010 as 42 years old, and was invited in 2011 but declined because he didn't have time (studies in think). If he was still playing I'm sure he would have made the team this year as well. Nedved still have some years to reach...he is only 40!
Both are still a long way from Chelios playing his last NHL matches as 47 (48?).

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 02:48 PM
  #137
Robin Hood
Registered User
 
Robin Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremeofParanoia View Post
He's a very good player, but he needs to learn how to stay disciplined in big games like these. I'll never forget the way he conducted himself in game 7 of the Cup finals last year after his team got down.
That was dirty, but that's one dirty play in his career. What people tend to forget is that he, not once, but twice in that play was high sticked in the face with no call. Obviously that doesn't mean he should hit Ference (or whatever he's called) that way, but I'm sure you've also made one large mistake in your entire life in a situation where you were under extreme pressure. Difference is that his mistake will be remembered forever and one dirty play doesn't mean a dirty person.

On the game, we were unlucky with some of the calls. Other refs would have called off both but not today. Tough luck and there's nothing to do about that. You still don't win hockey games within scoing any goals yourself. What is amazing and really shows is how far the Danish teams has come is how well we play up with a big power. We were the best today, we were dominant at times - that has never happened against the Czechs before. Five years back we would have lost 7-1. This team has a very bright future and the development is something you see from year to year, taking big leaps all the time. We didn't get the W today but we were close - a little bit of sharpness in the finishing and the last pass, and a little bit of luck in our own end and it would have been different.

Robin Hood is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
  #138
Tobias
Registered User
 
Tobias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,535
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Tobias
it's just plain stupid to call a Czech player dirty for blocking the puck in the Danish end with little time left. What do you think he should do? Pass it to Frans Nielsen? Denmark had them under pressure for most of the game, of course he just wanted to kill time and get the win. Every player would do the same, naturally.

But Philip Larsen's reaction was of course just as natural. He want to get the puck.

Tobias is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 03:43 PM
  #139
danishdynamite
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 132
vCash: 500
Not a dirty game by any means. Fair game.

One of the teams were the better team - and the other won.

On to next game.

danishdynamite is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 03:56 PM
  #140
Robin Hood
Registered User
 
Robin Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
I agree that it wasn't dirty and I think some of the Danish posters in here should calm down and count to ten before they post. A part of the process of becoming a big hockey nation is to begin thinking and behaving big and not start blaming everything else for a loss. Some here still behave like "loosers". It was ourselves who didn't score any goals and you can't win that way. No forget about it and on to Italy.

Robin Hood is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 04:45 PM
  #141
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
it's just plain stupid to call a Czech player dirty for blocking the puck in the Danish end with little time left. What do you think he should do? Pass it to Frans Nielsen? Denmark had them under pressure for most of the game, of course he just wanted to kill time and get the win. Every player would do the same, naturally.

But Philip Larsen's reaction was of course just as natural. He want to get the puck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovand View Post
I agree that it wasn't dirty and I think some of the Danish posters in here should calm down and count to ten before they post. A part of the process of becoming a big hockey nation is to begin thinking and behaving big and not start blaming everything else for a loss. Some here still behave like "loosers". It was ourselves who didn't score any goals and you can't win that way. No forget about it and on to Italy.
Jeeesus freakin christ guys, take a chill pill will ya?

I wasn't rude or mean to anyone, nor was I being aggressive or biased.
The game was just over and the game got to me...

Even so, this IS a forum, where people's different opinions are posted.... It's just plain stupid/rude to call me stupid for having an opinion...

The choice of words could have been better, but as I said, the game got to me...

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
05-04-2012, 07:05 PM
  #142
franfrey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
How did Hemsky look?

franfrey* is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 02:06 AM
  #143
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilyJet View Post
How did Hemsky look?
he scored a key goal, so it would be hard to find anything bad about him in this game

zorz is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 03:25 AM
  #144
mikael99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 199
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
he scored a key goal, so it would be hard to find anything bad about him in this game
But only you miss the fact that it should not have been a goal. There was offside in the goal crease. The Refs should review every goal in doubt in my opinion and that gave the win for the Czechs.


mikael99 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 03:29 AM
  #145
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael99 View Post
But only you miss the fact that it should not have been a goal. There was offside in the goal crease. The Refs should review every goal in doubt in my opinion and that gave the win for the Czechs.

he never touched the goalie. you can stand in the crease while scoring goal, that's not prohibited.

nevertheless, nice try.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 03:43 AM
  #146
ufon68
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikael99 View Post
But only you miss the fact that it should not have been a goal. There was offside in the goal crease. The Refs should review every goal in doubt in my opinion and that gave the win for the Czechs.

What does ref's ruling on the situation and your opinion on how goals should be reviewed have to do with Hemsky's performance ?

ufon68 is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 03:56 AM
  #147
Robin Hood
Registered User
 
Robin Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Jeeesus freakin christ guys, take a chill pill will ya?

I wasn't rude or mean to anyone, nor was I being aggressive or biased.
The game was just over and the game got to me...

Even so, this IS a forum, where people's different opinions are posted.... It's just plain stupid/rude to call me stupid for having an opinion...

The choice of words could have been better, but as I said, the game got to me...
We are entitled to opinions too you know? No-one said that you are stupid. Someone (wasn't me) said that you're opinion was stupid. And it is true that you continue to claim that this and that was dirty. I'm not sure what your definiton of dirty is, but in my mind that is doing something illigal and dangerous to an opponent. Like a late hit or something. Scoring a goal that you believe is offside does not fall into that category. And you must admit that it is a big strange that you first say that it was a good goal and then spend the rest of the threat claiming that it was bad. Sounds like Olaf Eller's Denmark bias got to you, but whatever...

What I meant to express is that when the game is over you can't run around and blame anyone but yourself about a loss. You can question a call but fact is we lost because we didn't score any goals. We had enough chances to score three but can't get it back, so let's just forget about this one and get back in the saddle and get a W against Italy. That's a winning attitude.

Robin Hood is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 04:16 AM
  #148
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovand View Post
We are entitled to opinions too you know? No-one said that you are stupid. Someone (wasn't me) said that you're opinion was stupid. And it is true that you continue to claim that this and that was dirty. I'm not sure what your definiton of dirty is, but in my mind that is doing something illigal and dangerous to an opponent. Like a late hit or something. Scoring a goal that you believe is offside does not fall into that category. And you must admit that it is a big strange that you first say that it was a good goal and then spend the rest of the threat claiming that it was bad. Sounds like Olaf Eller's Denmark bias got to you, but whatever...

What I meant to express is that when the game is over you can't run around and blame anyone but yourself about a loss. You can question a call but fact is we lost because we didn't score any goals. We had enough chances to score three but can't get it back, so let's just forget about this one and get back in the saddle and get a W against Italy. That's a winning attitude.
Look im a grown man, and I find you to be very condescending!

I said it was good at first, but that was the first goal.. I then went on to say the second goal was no good.. As I wrote before if you would have cared to actually read it, instead of coming up with the most condescending yet not rude thing you could write. I wrote that dirty was a bad choice of word, but the game got to me.

I still think it was a bad call by the ref, and not to sportsmanlike!

I never assaulted anyone or forced my opinion down anyones throat, I merely wrote my opinion. Which was aparently enough to get mr. high and all mighty to smite me!

Seriously, I am tired of all you selfproclaimed forum police officers.

Also, YES you are entitled to your opinion, what you are not entiteld too is airing it here! Now youre opinion about hockey and the game, GO ON! but about me, NO I dont think that belongs on a public forum.. At least not with the choice of words you chose!

PS this loss was already forgotten when you guys chose to write me up..

ImGoingNucks is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 04:36 AM
  #149
Justinov
Registered User
 
Justinov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Copenhagen
Country: Denmark
Posts: 3,584
vCash: 500
I wrote that dirty was a bad choice of word, but the game got to me.

I totally agree that a choice of words can have a very unintended outcome. Dirty was first thought by me as being the way the Czech played (which i don't think at all was the case), but it can also just be intepreted as "unclean" meaning it shouldn't have been allowed (not a "clean" goal). Off course in the heat of the moment every resort to a more potent vocabulary

Also, YES you are entitled to your opinion, what you are not entiteld too is airing it here! Now youre opinion about hockey and the game, GO ON! but about me, NO I dont think that belongs on a public forum.. At least not with the choice of words you chose!

I totally agree here as well. We are here to talk about the hockey match and I'm very interested in hearing in what you all have to say about the match. We all see things from different perspectives and different level of hockey-knowlegde (and i don't claim in any way to be an expert). It's such a shame when a good debate gets derailed with personal attacks even if they are not intended either, but perceived as such.
So lets continue with views on the match as a whole.

What can the czech team do to improve? Was it the czech team that played badly, or the danish team that was surprisingly good?
What can the danish team improve on (off course scoring, but how to achieve it?)

Justinov is offline  
Old
05-05-2012, 05:21 AM
  #150
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck
 
ImGoingNucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Coquitlam BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
I wrote that dirty was a bad choice of word, but the game got to me.

I totally agree that a choice of words can have a very unintended outcome. Dirty was first thought by me as being the way the Czech played (which i don't think at all was the case), but it can also just be intepreted as "unclean" meaning it shouldn't have been allowed (not a "clean" goal). Off course in the heat of the moment every resort to a more potent vocabulary

Also, YES you are entitled to your opinion, what you are not entiteld too is airing it here! Now youre opinion about hockey and the game, GO ON! but about me, NO I dont think that belongs on a public forum.. At least not with the choice of words you chose!

I totally agree here as well. We are here to talk about the hockey match and I'm very interested in hearing in what you all have to say about the match. We all see things from different perspectives and different level of hockey-knowlegde (and i don't claim in any way to be an expert). It's such a shame when a good debate gets derailed with personal attacks even if they are not intended either, but perceived as such.
So lets continue with views on the match as a whole.

What can the czech team do to improve? Was it the czech team that played badly, or the danish team that was surprisingly good?
What can the danish team improve on (off course scoring, but how to achieve it?)
Thank you And I agree..

Well I think the Czechs played smart. They were very defensively minded, wich has to be a kudos to danish hockey..

I think it was a mix of an unprepared Czech team and a good danish team..

But, we also have to remember this was the first game for both of us. I think ill wait till after the Sweden-Czech game before I judge them.

I dont think Italy will be a walk over, but if we dont beat them comfortably I will be a little dissapointed...

It seems that, outside the top six a bottom 4 is being formed. Denmark, Norway, Germany and Latvia seem to be stuck in the A group, and closing the gap between them and the rest.

The 2 bottom teams just seem to go in a loop now. Must be more fun to wathch the WC now as the bigger teams see more resistance...


Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 05-05-2012 at 05:43 AM.
ImGoingNucks is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.