HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

UPDATE: Surgery schedule in post #56 (released May 19)

Old
05-04-2012, 02:25 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Who is injured and who is playing hurt? People need to make the distinction. You can play hurt and still help your team. If you play injured you hurt your team and yourself...especially if concussed bad.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:13 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Per Bill Meltzer's most recent musings he said it is reported that Giroux has a groin pull.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 08:21 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
Per Bill Meltzer's most recent musings he said it is reported that Giroux has a groin pull.
Doesnt surprise me...he has gone from hero to zero pretty fast this series.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-05-2012, 11:24 AM
dats81

This organization has not dressed a healthy team for the last decade or something and it's certainly not going to change any time soon.

Injuries happen, there's no way to avoid them. Depth is the key to deal with it as long as those injuries don't turn into nagging recurring pests!

The big picture is a whole different thing. As soon as one LTIRer comes off the list, someone else is going down.
Rathje, Lappy, Pronger, - fill in a name -, and there is still room to carry a Shelley. They could really do better in terms of smart contract management.

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:27 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypace78 View Post
From what I hear & see, it looks like

Giroux, Jagr, and Hartnell are banged up & trying to play thru it.
My suspicions are:
Giroux> concussion or PCS?? (just looks out of it)
Hartnell >something upper body (0 drive or aggressiveness)
Jagr> groin/back

Anyone have any other info?
Where was this list during the Pittsburgh series? It was a six game series with all but one being like an All-Star Game. Amazing how when the worm turns, suspected injuries start getting discussed.

35NW8ING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:37 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35NW8ING View Post
Where was this list during the Pittsburgh series? It was a six game series with all but one being like an All-Star Game. Amazing how when the worm turns, suspected injuries start getting discussed.
you related to JXC with that line of ******** being thrown out there

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:10 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
If you think the Pitt series lacked contact, then I suggest you watch it again. It was said before the series by most people that whoever won would be too beat up to make a run, and that might just be the case. That series was about as vicious a series that you would see outside of 70s era hockey.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 01:13 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
If you think the Pitt series lacked contact, then I suggest you watch it again. It was said before the series by most people that whoever won would be too beat up to make a run, and that might just be the case. That series was about as vicious a series that you would see outside of 70s era hockey.
So all those "injuries" happened in the Pitt series? I thought the Devils were our "warm-up" for the Rangers. You, me, and most on here NEVER saw this coming. Now the "suspected injury" thread pops up? Don't think it appears if we're up 3-1!

Old
05-07-2012, 01:24 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
So all those "injuries" happened in the Pitt series? I thought the Devils were our "warm-up" for the Rangers. You, me, and most on here NEVER saw this coming. Now the "suspected injury" thread pops up? Don't think it appears if we're up 3-1!
Well, the injuries have really effected the defense, and both Timonen and Grossmann have been injured since before the end of the regular season. Injuries aren't excuse I like making, but many teams have lost a cup because they didn't make it to the finish line intact. Btw, I'm not saying they would beat the Devils even if they were healthy. There's other reasons they're losing this series, but the injuries certainly haven't helped.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:27 AM
35NW8ING
#LaviPondHockeyFail

Quote:
Well, the injuries have really effected the defense, and both Timonen and Grossmann have been injured since before the end of the regular season. Injuries aren't excuse I like making, but many teams have lost a cup because they didn't make it to the finish line intact. Btw, I'm not saying they would beat the Devils even if they were healthy. There's other reasons they're losing this series, but the injuries certainly haven't helped.
Good points there but the overall injury talk feels like excuse making. It's hard to admit, but we're getting outplayed plain and simple. No coaching adjustments either is equally frustrating.

Old
05-07-2012, 01:31 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Good points there but the overall injury talk feels like excuse making. It's hard to admit, but we're getting outplayed plain and simple. No coaching adjustments either is equally frustrating.
If the Flyers lose this series, they can only blame themselves. They've been outplayed since game 1.

Old
05-07-2012, 09:09 AM
tuckrr

JvR can barely walk...but hes skating!
Its unreal.

tuckrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 12:58 PM
dats81

Can't win a cup when your franchise defenseman can't even figure out how to play golf without falling over his own feet due to constant dizziness and headaches and his deputy, a former iron man and warrior, has to accept that his body is betraying him and that he can't even tell us which part of his ailing body is hurting most right now.

That's where the whole **** starts.....

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2012, 07:00 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Its unreal.
Yeah, CBC just showed how awkwardly he walks.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 05:02 PM
indypace78

Quote:
If the Flyers lose this series, they can only blame themselves. They've been outplayed since game 1.
0 emotion in this series.
0 heart
Completely outplayed & dominated.. (look at the shots)

Incredibly disappointing after the promising win over Pitt.
How can a team play so enthusiastic, so hard, so inspired, and then play so uninterested from 1 series to the next?

indypace78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 05:10 PM
DumpyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
Its unreal.
I noticed he would often need to hang onto somebody for help getting up the ice, though.

DumpyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by indypace78 View Post
0 emotion in this series.
0 heart
Completely outplayed & dominated.. (look at the shots)

Incredibly disappointing after the promising win over Pitt.
How can a team play so enthusiastic, so hard, so inspired, and then play so uninterested from 1 series to the next?
Don't kid yourself.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2012, 12:24 AM
Larry44

Quote:
Originally Posted by dats81 View Post
This organization has not dressed a healthy team for the last decade or something and it's certainly not going to change any time soon.

Injuries happen, there's no way to avoid them. Depth is the key to deal with it as long as those injuries don't turn into nagging recurring pests!

The big picture is a whole different thing. As soon as one LTIRer comes off the list, someone else is going down.
Rathje, Lappy, Pronger, - fill in a name -, and there is still room to carry a Shelley. They could really do better in terms of smart contract management.
Seriously? It's management's fault that players with guaranteed contracts get injured and go on LTIR?

Homer did a great job, IMHO, in getting two solid depth guys for the D at the deadline, Grossmann and Kubina.

Before that, when Pronger went down, Bourdon stepped up and surprised us all by being an NHL player when it looked like he might be ECHL bound at camp. Gus played very well too, and in fact looked better in the playoffs than he did during the season.

Grossmann is a relevation, then Penguin cheapshots hurt his knee and concussed him, Bourdon too. Kubina's injury hasn't been disclosed, but we are going to be calling him a warrior too when we find out.

Meszaros made it back from back surgery. As now reported, Kimmo has a knee ligament issue to go with his bad back.

Timonen-Meszaros
Grossmann-Coburn
Carle-Kubina
Gustafsson-Lilja
Bourdon

That should have been a deep enough blue line.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 12:40 AM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Voracek is apparently also injured and missing on this list - according to his words, he played last 4 games "under" painkillers.

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 08:27 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1433
Quote:
Jaromir Jagr had some quad muscle problems in the playoffs for Philly, which is maybe why he struggled to get the puck to the net after a remarkably good regular season (54 points) where he was a willing mentor to so many young players like Claude Giroux, but the jury’s out on whether he’ll be back. Holmgren says he’d like to resign the 40-year-old but is unlikely to give him the moon (obviously the Penguins and Wings were after him last year before he signed for $3.3 million). Jagr, in the final Flyers’ player gathering, said he wanted to play more in the playoffs. “I don’t want to come back just to sit there,” he said. Sounds like Jags will be looking around this summer.
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sport...801/story.html

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:00 AM
StandingCow

That's the only thing I don't like about what I have heard of Jagr... he wants top line minutes... but it doesn't seem like his body can handle it with the groin pulls and other injuries, he sorta slowed his line down.

Other than that I loved everything about him, great attitude, locker room mentor...

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
Xegiie

yeah i thought his asking for more minutes has something to do with not signing... but i agree he didn't really deserved more, except more PP time

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:25 AM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

His money needs to go towards JVR's raise.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 10:51 AM
czechmate25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post

No doubt. If one player on the team is due for a raise, it is JVR. What a talent!

czechmate25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2012, 11:11 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
hope its a joke, JVR got already insane contract for what he showed

Xegiie is offline   Reply With Quote