HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Group S • May 4 • Sweden 3, Norway 1

View Poll Results: Who wins this game?
Sweden in regulation 35 81.40%
Sweden in OT/shootout 1 2.33%
Norway in regulation 3 6.98%
Norway in OT/shootout 4 9.30%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Chileiceman

vCash: 500
Clearly the reason Norway is losing is because there is no Vikingstad! Where is Vikingstad!?!

Old
05-04-2012, 03:38 PM
Batali Crocs*

Every Senator got a point. I'm happy.

Sweden looked good.

Old
05-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
Clearly the reason Norway is losing is because there is no Vikingstad! Where is Vikingstad!?!
Broke his arm in the middle of the season. There were complications, and he might never play again

Old
05-04-2012, 03:39 PM
gretskidoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Like Wall View Post
Say, why so poor attendance?
Expensive tickets.

If you can afford 3-4 games, you're not gonna pay for a Norway game.

Old
05-04-2012, 03:40 PM
Chileiceman

Luca Tremontin and Mark Baerwald, we will never forget you

Old
05-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Congratulations to Sweden, good win. Guess you dont have to hold your breath any longer lol

Old
05-04-2012, 03:44 PM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Good game, nice to see Loui scoring.

Wasn't too many people in the crowd, they said there were 7k peeps there but there's no way that's true

Old
05-04-2012, 03:49 PM
Like Wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakstar View Post
Good game, nice to see Loui scoring.

Wasn't too many people in the crowd, they said there were 7k peeps there but there's no way that's true
Latvian commentators mentioned 5k.

Old
05-04-2012, 03:52 PM
SwedenCanada

The announcer in the arena said 6000 people, but they corrected it to 7700 people later on. (Don't know how you can make a misscalculation on 1700 people).

I think there's 2 levels in the arena, guess many had tickets for the upper level (since they were a lot cheaper).

Last edited by SwedenCanada: 05-04-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old
05-04-2012, 04:07 PM
freakstar
Paaaaaanthers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedenCanada View Post
The announcer in the arena said 6000 in the arena, but they corrected it to 7700 later on. (Don't know how you can make a miss on 1700 people.

I think there's 2 levels in the arena, guess many had tickets for the upper level (since they were a lot cheaper).
Think so too, hope more people will show up. Would love to go but as a student the price is a bit too much sadly

Old
05-04-2012, 04:24 PM
Oyabun

This was like the exact opposite of Germany's opening game when they hosted the WHC.

WHat a bunch of idiots, they are killing the atmosphere of the whole event with these ticket prices. Why can't they set the same prices as we see for the Swedish football national team.

Old
05-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Jocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedenCanada View Post
The announcer in the arena said 6000 people, but they corrected it to 7700 people later on. (Don't know how you can make a misscalculation on 1700 people).

There are 3 levels. Lower bowl prices are just ridiculous (1500kr) which people aren't willing to spend on a game against Norway. That's probably why it looked so empty on TV.

Old
05-04-2012, 05:06 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocke View Post
There are 3 levels. Lower bowl prices are just ridiculous (1500kr) which people aren't willing to spend on a game against Norway. That's probably why it looked so empty on TV.
And there are only two small sections(nosebleed seats) that you can get "cheap". Cheap as in €50 or so. Everything else is about a €90 or more.

Sad because it's in everyone's interest to get a full building and home support.

Old
05-04-2012, 05:07 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post
This was like the exact opposite of Germany's opening game when they hosted the WHC.

WHat a bunch of idiots, they are killing the atmosphere of the whole event with these ticket prices. Why can't they set the same prices as we see for the Swedish football national team.
Agreed.

Good game, though. I'm happy with how we played, considering it's the first game of the tournament and everything. Not really disappointed with anyone.

Norway has a good team, and it's interesting, they're getting better for each year, and I think they have a similar playstyle to Sweden, no wonder since a lot of norwegian players play in Sweden, but still. It's gonna be very interesting to see if this trend continues.

Old
05-04-2012, 05:09 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

You could tell Zetterberg was deeply disappointed playing in front of so few people... almost felt like he was embarassed :/

Old
05-04-2012, 05:12 PM
Eidyia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oyabun View Post

Hey! At least one thing you guys are doing as bad as we are!

Old
05-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Nordic*

That was the best I've seen from Zetterberg in like 3 years.

And why doesn't Franzen put in that kind of effort on the Wings?

Karlsson made some ridiculous plays...both ways. So he was kinda him self.

Landeskog was really bad. I have no idea where this hype comes from? Or perhaps he's playing injured like the commentators were hinting?

Hedman still fits in the category I've had him in since the first time I saw him play. Physically gifted but with a poor vision and positioning. He's simply not a very intelligent hockey player.

Old
05-04-2012, 06:00 PM
SirKillalot

vCash: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Bascombe View Post
Tollefsen is just a joke of a player.
Nice to see Tollefsen get in the swedes faces.

Old
05-04-2012, 06:10 PM
leksig

Saw an interview with Zetterberg in expressen after the game and you could tell how disappointed he was to play in a half full arena. Ofcourse he understands it's because the prizes of the tickets but to come home to play for your homecountry infront of that crowd must feel sad.
I hope the organizers actually apologize for this. This is freaking embarrassing too see.

Old
05-04-2012, 08:48 PM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
Yeah, although Zetterberg always has a neutral mood in interviews, he's always very calm and tries to answer diplomatically. It's fun to see Franzen, he comes off as a very quiet guy in Detroit interviews but he's quite charismatic in swedish interviews, it's cool to see. They're all a bit disappointed in the poor attendance, but both the players and the people are sort of against the federation fatcats way of setting prices, so hopefully they will fold and make sure we get full houses for the rest of the tournament.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:42 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post

Landeskog was really bad. I have no idea where this hype comes from? .

One bad game doesn't make him a bad player.

Old
05-05-2012, 03:55 AM
WayneBruce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
Landeskog was really bad. I have no idea where this hype comes from? Or perhaps he's playing injured like the commentators were hinting?
He was not that bad, none of the players were bad but some were more noticeable than others. He is also coming back from an injury and has only played one game the last few weeks.

Old
05-05-2012, 04:22 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlamov71 View Post
He was not that bad, none of the players were bad but some were more noticeable than others. He is also coming back from an injury and has only played one game the last few weeks.

and he is 19 years old...

Old
05-05-2012, 04:34 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
Agreed.

Good game, though. I'm happy with how we played, considering it's the first game of the tournament and everything. Not really disappointed with anyone.

Norway has a good team, and it's interesting, they're getting better for each year, and I think they have a similar playstyle to Sweden, no wonder since a lot of norwegian players play in Sweden, but still. It's gonna be very interesting to see if this trend continues.
(Unfortunately) it takes years and years and more years for a nation to build up a hockey organisation that is able to consistently compete on a high level against the big boys (i.e. CAN, USA, CZE, SVK, FIN, SWE, RUS). It's has become easier for other teams to shake things up a bit but they are a looooong way off being serious contenders. We're stuck with the "big 7" for many more years which I in some ways think is a bit of a shame.

Old
05-05-2012, 08:38 AM
Tomas W

Pretty good game from Sweden, Norway fought hard and kept it close, but the win for Sweden was sealed at 2-1 already.

The good: Zäta, Loui, Enroth (good to see that he can play decent btw), Kruger, Hjalmarsson, Silver (just for his goal, he wasnt THAT good othewise, but a goals a goal), + team defense except for Karlssons defense. Karlssons offense.

The meh: The rest.

The Redden: The refs!

Closed Thread