HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

The All-Purpose Bryz Thread #6

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2012, 12:59 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
alls i knows is I'm fiendin' for NHL goodness. sucks. I was watching a KHL game from last year and you could here crickets. Not the same intensity. That seems like the big difference.

Old
11-22-2012, 01:08 PM
SolidSnakeUS

I will say from those highlights, he really got left out to dry too many times.

Old
11-22-2012, 03:59 PM

What i'd give for the NHL to start tonight.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:54 PM
CSKA1974

Tretiak's opinion of Bryzgalov

Vladislav Tretiak, the president of the Russian Hockey Federation gave an interview to a Sport-Express.ru journalist regarding the state of Russian hockey. One of the topics was Bryzgalov’s lack of success in the KHL.

Q: What’s going on with Bryzgalov?

VT: I watched his home game with Lokomotiv. I have a split impression. If one begins to evaluate the goals that Iliya let in- it seems like he was hardly at fault for any one of them. On the other hand, everyone expects a miracle from him. One can hope that experienced goalie will right himself and miracles will come soon.

Q: In October you have prognosticated that he will get to the top level in 2 weeks. It appears that 2 months were not quite enough.

VT: Had he started consistently in that time period, everything could have been quite different. But the coaching staff needed victories, and Bragin had bat on more confident Stanya. That’s why Bryzgalov’s adaptation has taken a different pace.
Iliya does not get to play much, and who would feel confident being benched for five games in a row?
One loses his “ice sense” during such a break. Also, if you remember his team mates were not able to score in the “Lokomotiv” game. You can trust an ex-goalie- it’s very difficult to maintain confidence during a game with zero goals scored on the score board.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bryz and tret.jpg‎ (27.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by CSKA1974: 11-26-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 03:57 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Thanks for the translation!

Now let's wait and see if any media outlets pick it up

11-26-2012, 04:02 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

confidence has been his problem all along. He gave his explanation of his play in the KHL and last year he was supposed to play in some kind of euphoria of new beginnings with pronger at the helm and all we did was suffer injuries which destroyed his confidence along with bob's. he had to mentally scratch and claw through not only the injuries and system change but also with the pressure from the contract and a bunch of fans who weren't capable of processing this reality. I'm glad one of the greatest goalies of all time gave a fair assessment of the craziness he's been dealing with.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:20 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

I think Bryzgalov just needs to go to a place, play, and have fun. I've been watching him for quite some time and the one thing that I notice is that he's not having any fun and that seems to wear on him. Yes, I understand that he's being paid a lot of money, but at the same time, you've got to have fun playing the game and he just doesn't seem to be having any fun now for nearly two years. Maybe he needs to go to league where he signs for a minimum, plays, has tons of fun, and rediscovers his game. I think being anointed as the savior has been a burden for him.

I still have high hopes for Bryzgalov and last season, during the second half of the season, he showed what he was capable of by playing some amazing hockey (it all began to happen after January 1). His confidence was high, he was making the saves that he needed to make and he looked like he was having fun with his teammates. If the Flyers coaching staff can find a way to get through to him and get him to have fun again, I don't see Bryzgalov being an issue.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think Bryzgalov just needs to go to a place, play, and have fun. I've been watching him for quite some time and the one thing that I notice is that he's not having any fun and that seems to wear on him. Yes, I understand that he's being paid a lot of money, but at the same time, you've got to have fun playing the game and he just doesn't seem to be having any fun now for nearly two years. Maybe he needs to go to league where he signs for a minimum, plays, has tons of fun, and rediscovers his game. I think being anointed as the savior has been a burden for him.

I still have high hopes for Bryzgalov and last season, during the second half of the season, he showed what he was capable of by playing some amazing hockey (it all began to happen after January 1). His confidence was high, he was making the saves that he needed to make and he looked like he was having fun with his teammates. If the Flyers coaching staff can find a way to get through to him and get him to have fun again, I don't see Bryzgalov being an issue.
I think its done (meaning he's settled in) as far as we (flyers) go. people still act like he sucked in the playoffs but it was still the same run and gun screw the defense style we played all season but its only amplified in the playoffs. He's a great goalie and were lucky to have him. He's got 3 or 4 (nobody's saying 9 years wasn't retarded) good years left in him. lets get rid of Bettman and go back to when the NHL was a real league and start playing some real hockey again.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:57 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post

Leaf fan coming in peace.

If the Leafs fail to bring in Luongo for a deal they deem acceptable perhaps they turn their attention to Bryzgalov? Do you think he would be available and if so, what would be a reasonable price?

Old
11-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post

If the Leafs fail to bring in Luongo for a deal they deem acceptable perhaps they turn their attention to Bryzgalov? Do you think he would be available and if so, what would be a reasonable price?
You'll get a lot of divergent answers here, but I'd do it straight up for Gunnarsson.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:23 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
You'll get a lot of divergent answers here, but I'd do it straight up for Gunnarsson.
Hmm, not something I expected. Intriguing nontheless.

I figured you'd want a package of picks and prospects and maybe for us to even include one of our goalies Scrivens/Rynnas/Owuya.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
I think its done (meaning he's settled in) as far as we (flyers) go. people still act like he sucked in the playoffs but it was still the same run and gun screw the defense style we played all season but its only amplified in the playoffs. He's a great goalie and were lucky to have him. He's got 3 or 4 (nobody's saying 9 years wasn't retarded) good years left in him. lets get rid of Bettman and go back to when the NHL was a real league and start playing some real hockey again.
Well, he DID suck in the playoffs. He was mediocre-good against NJ, certainly nothing jaw dropping. And he was abysmal against Pittsburgh.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:

u can have him strait up for used pucks and broken sticks..

not kiddin

Old
11-26-2012, 10:33 PM
DougGilmour93

Here's an idea...

To Philadelphia:
Joe Colborne
Mike Komisarek
Cody Franson
Ben Scrivens

To Toronto:
Braydon Coburn
Ilya Bryzgalov

Old
11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Coburn for Komisarek makes that a non-starter. Having Leighton as our #1 goalie isn't feasible either, since it's pretty insane he's even a backup on an NHL team.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:01 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
Coburn for Komisarek makes that a non-starter. Having Leighton as our #1 goalie isn't feasible either, since it's pretty insane he's even a backup on an NHL team.
My intent was this..

Komisarek (salary dump 2 yrs left) + Colborne for Bryzgalov (salary dump 7yrs left)

Franson + Scrivens for Coburn

Old
11-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Ah. I don't have enough knowledge of those two to comment.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:18 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Ah. I don't have enough knowledge of those two to comment.
Are you looking to unload Bryz and his contract?

Old
11-27-2012, 02:21 AM
Ryker

Quote:
My intent was this..

Komisarek (salary dump 2 yrs left) + Colborne for Bryzgalov (salary dump 7yrs left)

Franson + Scrivens for Coburn
Just because Scrivens can handle the puck like Bryz (Marlies vs. Bulldogs the other day) doesn't mean he can replace him Anyway, I, for one, wouldn't take that deal.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:38 AM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Bryz

for

Bad decent prospects.

done deal....

Old
11-27-2012, 10:26 AM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Just because Scrivens can handle the puck like Bryz (Marlies vs. Bulldogs the other day) doesn't mean he can replace him Anyway, I, for one, wouldn't take that deal.
I'm not assuming Scrivens would become your #1 goalie. This would be a deal for you to unload Bryz and his contract. You could make a seperate deal for a new starting goalie.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:39 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
I'm not assuming Scrivens would become your #1 goalie. This would be a deal for you to unload Bryz and his contract. You could make a seperate deal for a new starting goalie.
Unloading Bryz at the price of Coburn isnt worth it

Old
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
GoneFullHolmgren
def. hockey FAIL

vCash: 50
for as much as Coburn can drive us nuts some times, I wouldnt trade him at the expense to get rid of Bryzgalov either.
Oh and fully expect Holmgren will keep Leighton around beyond this year.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:05 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Well, he DID suck in the playoffs. He was mediocre-good against NJ, certainly nothing jaw dropping. And he was abysmal against Pittsburgh.
so was stanley cup winning fleury who i think looked worse than he is because of the wide open play of the series. Your old enough to remember the early 90's style of play aren't you? idk, maybe not. but i am and thats why I'm not against it nor am i oblivious to the fact that it still exists against certain teams, especially with the coach we currently employ. the point is you put bryz in front of a shot blocking machine like the rangers and you'll get different stats than you got from him this year. even with the goalie were not there yet. we need to adjust yet again. sucks but you can't blame 1 guy. pretty much ever.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:23 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
so was stanley cup winning fleury who i think looked worse than he is because of the wide open play of the series. Your old enough to remember the early 90's style of play aren't you? idk, maybe not. but i am and thats why I'm not against it nor am i oblivious to the fact that it still exists against certain teams, especially with the coach we currently employ. the point is you put bryz in front of a shot blocking machine like the rangers and you'll get different stats than you got from him this year. even with the goalie were not there yet. we need to adjust yet again. sucks but you can't blame 1 guy. pretty much ever.
The Rangers only blocked 2 more shots on average per game than the Flyers. The difference: Lundqvist is an elite goalie. Bryz wasn't last year.

I also don't give a damn how Fleury played. He was also terrible. Being slightly less terrible than the other guy doesn't mean he was good, or acceptable. If Fleury plays even average, we get blown out of that series. Relying on the other team's goalie to be worse than our own is not a Cup winning strategy.

I don't remember enough about the 90s to comment. I watched, but my undeveloped brain didn't really understand. I do know that teams that were worse than the Flyers defensively had goalies who performed better.

Closed Thread